CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

CIRCA SURVIVE Juturna LP Orange vinyl record lp SEALED 1000 brand new letting go USD $70.00 [0 bids]
USD $99.99 Buy It Now
43m 13s
UNBROKEN "CIRCA '77" 7" , CLEAR PINK VINYL USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Thursday War All The Time Vinyl Circa Survive No Devotion Thrice Touche Amore USD $34.99 [0 bids]
Portugal the Man "In the Mountain in the Cloud" LP Orig Circa Survive Thrice USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
WORLD OF TWIST Sons Of The Stage PICTURE DISC Circa 12" EX USD $18.42 Buy It Now 3h
Ep [Audio CD] Circa Waves USD $21.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
BILLY MACKENZIE Outernational UK 1992 CD on Circa records Associates singer USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
The Beach Boys - Sunflower rare USA release circa 1995 USD $10.73 [0 bids]
NENEH CHERRY - Manchild - Excellent Condition 7" Single Circa YR 30 USD $6.10 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Circa Waves - Young Chasers (2015) SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED CD USD $38.37 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Circa survive-2006 magazine advert USD $7.66 Buy It Now 7h 15m
NENEH CHERRY Raw Like Sushi CD 14 Track UK Circa 1989 USD $1.52 [0 bids]
MARY'S DANISH - Circa (CD 1991) USA Import EXC 90s Jangle Pop/Indie/Alternative USD $9.18 Buy It Now 9h 8m
ASSOCIATES Fire To Ice 7" B/w Green Tambourine Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1990 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 29m
BALI Love To Love You Baby 7" Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 29m
BRITISH INVASION CIRCA 1997 Various 7" 4 Track Featuring Stewed, Nuthins, Sires USD $6.28 Buy It Now 10h 30m
CIRCA '91 You Keep Me Smiling 7" Mexican Wave B/w Circa Dub Promoter Stickered USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 30m
CIRCA WAVES Stuck In My Teeth 7" Green Vinyl Alternate Pic Sleeve B/w Love Me Li USD $18.41 Buy It Now 10h 30m
BILLY MACKENZIE Baby 7" B/w Sacrifice And Be Sacrificed In Pic Sleeve UK Circa USD $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 30m
BILLY MACKENZIE Colours Will Come 7" B/w Opal Krusch Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1992 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 30m
HINDSIGHT Small Change 7" B/w Be Free Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1986 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Peaceful Face 7" B/w Mother Glasgow Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Sweet Invisibility 7" B/w Greenock Time Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Sweet Invisibility 7" Stencil Style Sleeve Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JOHN O'KANE Stay With Me 7" B/w Bodyguard Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1992 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY She Makes A Sound 7" B/w Too Shy To Say Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Ordinary Angel 7" B/w I Am John's Heart Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1988 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JOHN O'KANE Come On Up 7" Radio Version B/w Junk Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY I Refuse 7" Original Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1986 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Strength To Strength 7" B/w Dangerous Wreck Pic Sleeve UK Circa 198 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY Looking For Linda 7" B/w He Won't Smile Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JULIA FORDHAM Girlfriend 7" B/w Manhattan Skyline Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $7.22 Buy It Now 10h 33m
HUE AND CRY My Salt Heart 7" B/w White Collar Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JULIA FORDHAM Lock And Key 7" B/w Home Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JULIA FORDHAM Girlfriend 7" Promo B/w Manhattan Skyline Pic Sleeve UK Circa 199 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 33m
JOHN O'KANE Dance Goes On 7" B/w Best Friend Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 34m
JULIA FORDHAM Happy Ever After 7" B/w My Lover's Keeper Pic Sleeve UK Circa 198 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 34m
JULIA FORDHAM Genius 7" Radio Edit B/w Porcelain Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 34m
JULIA FORDHAM I Thought It Was You 7" Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1992 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 34m
JULIA FORDHAM Woman Of The 80's 7" B/w Behind Closed Doors Pic Sleeve UK Circa USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 34m
FLUKE Groovy Feeling 7" Toni Bell's Single Scoop Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1993 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 35m
GARY CLARK Freefloating 7" Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1993 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 35m
GARY CLARK Make A Family 7" B/w The Second Summer Of Love Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
GARY CLARK We Sail On The Stormy Waters 7" B/w The Letter Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
EVIDENT Test The Trust 7" Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $2.38 Buy It Now 10h 37m
WORLD OF TWIST Storm 7" B/w She's A Rainbow Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1990 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 43m
NICK ROBERTSON AND SLICE Show Me A Sign 7" Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1990 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 43m
NENEH CHERRY Kisses 7" B/w Buffalo Blues Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 44m
NENEH CHERRY Money Love 7" B/w Twisted Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1992 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 45m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Sit And Wait 7" B/w Feeling Free Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 46m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Hooked On You 7" B/w Body And Soul Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 10h 47m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Hooked On You 7" B/w Body And Soul Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1991 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
PAUL HAIG I Believe In You 7" B/w Flight X Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1990 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 49m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Congratulations 7" B/w Ain't No Sunshine Pic Sleeve UK Circa USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 50m
PAUL HAIG Something Good 7" B/w Over You Pic Sleeve UK Circa 1989 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Libretto (6) Lot of Metropolitian Opera House/Grand Opera- circa 1900-1920 USD $17.76 Buy It Now 11h
Hue And Cry - Peaceful Face / Mother Glasgow, Circa YR-41 Ex Condition USD $6.13 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Gorgeous MIREILLE MATHIEU Olympia LP In Shrinkwrap CAPITOL Green Label circa 70 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Circa '91 - You Keep Me Smiling 12", Promo USD $4.22 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Karmacoma Massive Attack CD single (CD5 / 5") UK WBRX7 CIRCA 1995 USD $4.61 [0 bids]
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD - If Only I Could / Spooky (inst.) - 7" PS Circa YR 34 USD $6.05 Buy It Now 14h 21m
VERVE RICHARD ASHCROFT ORIGINAL VIRGIN RECORDS PROMOTIONAL PHOTO CIRCA 1997 USD $15.34 [0 bids]
Circa Survive Descensus LP Vinyl Yellow Black Splatter + CD + Poster 500 Copies USD $100.00 Buy It Now 15h 52m
World Of Twist ?- Sons Of The Stage, Circa ?- YRT 62 Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM single USD $9.20 Buy It Now 16h 18m
NENEH CHERRY Raw Like Sushi LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1989 USD $17.72 Buy It Now 16h 51m
MILLIONS LIKE US Millions Like Us LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1987 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 16h 51m
CIRCA WAVES Young Chasers LP 13 Track With Download Released 30/03/15 EUROPEAN USD $38.68 Buy It Now 16h 52m
CIRCA SURVIVE Descensus DOUBLE LP 10 Track Double Album In Gatefold Sleeve With USD $38.68 Buy It Now 16h 53m
HUE AND CRY Seduced And Abandoned LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1987 USD $14.49 Buy It Now 16h 54m
HUE AND CRY Remote LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1988 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 54m
HUE AND CRY Remote LP 10 Track With Inner Sleeve UK Circa 1988 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 54m
JULIA FORDHAM S/t LP 11 Track With Inner UK Circa 1988 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 55m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Feeling Free LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1989 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 58m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Passion Grace And Serious Bass LP 11 Track UK Circa 1990 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 16h 58m
WILLIAM LAWS/WILLIAM BYRD Consort Music Of England Circa 1600-1640 LP 8 Track Ga USD $24.17 Buy It Now 16h 58m
EXCELLENT CLAUDE BOLLING AND ALL STARS FRENCH JAZZ BALLY BAL-12003 CIRCA 1957 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Circus Hero - Circa Zero (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.77 Buy It Now 17h 33m
Seer Circa 98 - Seer (2006, CD New) USD $8.56 Buy It Now 17h 44m
The Trakes - Circa 3172 (2002, CD) Amp Records USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 8m
CIRCA ZERO ANDY SUMMERS POLICE Japan 2014 NM CD+Obi CIRCUS HERO 4 Bonus Tracks USD $25.99 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Millions Like Us-Guaranteed For Life 7" Single.1987 Circa/Virgin Yr 7.Pop/Rock. USD $3.06 Buy It Now 19h 24m
Schloss Bros. Handiway Record Rack Circa 1930s-1940s Holds 50 Walnut Hardwood USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Violent Waves by Circa Survive (CD) FREE SHIPPING!!! USD $9.49 [0 bids]
USD $12.49 Buy It Now
BEATLES CIRCA 1960 IN THE BEGINNING F/TONY SHERIDAN POLYDOR 24-4504 GATEFOLD VG+ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 20h 53m
STEREO BEATLES LP - POLYDOR 24-4504 - "THE BEATLES CIRCA 1960 IN THE BEGINNING" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 21h 33m
THE GUFS Circa 89 [Audio CD] Near Mint Red Submarine 0393 USD $6.95 Buy It Now 22h 5m
CIRCA SURVIVE THE INUIT SESSIONS LP VINYL LETTING GO JUTURNA BLUE SKY VIOLENT USD $44.95 Buy It Now 22h 6m
33RPM 10" circa 1953 Columbia AL45 de Paur Infantary Negro Chorus, Swing Low E- USD $17.95 Buy It Now 23h 7m
Definition Of Sound - The Lick (1992 Circa Records CIRCD 24) Used CD USD $1.25 Buy It Now 23h 44m
Circa Zero - Circus Hero [Vinyl New] USD $11.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Circus Hero - Circa Zero (2014, Vinyl New) USD $11.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive Vinyl New Sealed Purple On Letting Go Red Juturna Lp Record Marble USD $100.00 [0 bids]
UK IMPORT MASSIVE ATTACK - PROTECTION CASSETTE TAPE CIRCA RECORDS 1994 TRIP HOP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fluke - Electric Guitar - Circa - 1993 #2373 USD $6.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Andy Summers - World Gone Strange (CD 1991) THE POLICE CIRCA ZERO SOFT MACHINE USD $15.89 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA FEATURING DESTRY Sun Shining Down CD 3 Track Original Radio Edit With Rele USD $7.66 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA WAVES Fossils CD 2 Track Promo With Info Stickered Card Sleeve B/w Instrum USD $7.66 Buy It Now 1 day
FLUKE Tosh CD 4 Track Featuring Nosh, Dosh,josh And Shriekbackwash UK Circa 199 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
FLUKE Tosh CD 4 Track Gosh B/w Mosh, Cosh And Posh UK Circa 1995 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM I Can't Help Myself CD 3 Track Part 2 The Remixes UK Circa 1994 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"