CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

Young Chasers [Analog] Circa Waves LP Record USD $28.42 Buy It Now 32m 25s
PAUL HAIG, SOMETHING GOOD, VG/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, CIRCA, YR2 USD $2.60 Buy It Now 55m 22s
Circa '58 & Peanut Gallery 45 What Time It Is ? / Lanny's Tune ~ VG USD $2.10 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Julia Fordham - Swept CIRCA 18 UK LP 1st Press 1991 Vinyl USD $27.76 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Rocket From The Crypt-Circa Now-Rare Original 1992 Punk Rock LP-Headhunter-HEAR USD $26.00 [4 bids]
CIRCA SURVIVE + RX BANDITS Glasgow may 2015 - tour concert / gig poster USD $1.45 [0 bids]
Glassjaw "Everything" 2x LP OOP /2000 Deftones Thrice Circa Survive Movielife USD $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Julia Fordham : Swept 1991,Album,Circa,Pop,alternative. USD $5.83 [0 bids]
Massive attack 2x LP Mezzanine 1998 Circa 1st press DECENT COPY USD $87.69 [0 bids]
Circa - Mary's Danish CD USD $4.37 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Neneh Cherry 7" vinyl single record Manchild UK YR30 CIRCA 1989 USD $2.91 Buy It Now 2h 50m
THE NEINS CIRCA Sleeves And Wigs CD 2007 Power Pop / Alt Rock USD $4.04 Buy It Now 3h 5m
THE BEATLES FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN IN THE BEGINNING CIRCA 1960 RECORD USD $14.95 [0 bids]
Thrice "Vheissu" 2x LP Circa Survive Glassjaw Dustin Kensrue OOP Sealed! USD $69.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
33RPM 16" Navy Hour circa 1958 Prog. 11-12, US Navy Band, with Brendler V+ to E- USD $17.95 Buy It Now 4h 24m
* World of Twist 'Sons of the Stage' CD single, 1991 on Circa Records USD $2.91 [0 bids]
Circa Survive - Descensus Vinyl 2x LP Clear w/ Blue and White Splatter Sealed USD $28.89 Buy It Now 5h 8m
JIMI HENDRIX WOW...Superb set of 4 MegaRare Promo 35mm Slides Circa 1989 ish USD $29.23 [0 bids]
Prince The Artist WOW...Superb MegaRare 35mm Slides circa 1986 3 USD $29.23 [0 bids]
Pans People WOW...Superb MegaRare ORIGINAL PROMO 70mm Slide circa 1978 USD $14.62 [0 bids]
Mariah Carey WOW...Superb set of 4 MegaRare Promo 35mm Slides Circa 1999 USD $29.23 [0 bids]
LEON KEITA RAREST RECORDS / MONSTER MANDINGUE AFRO TRACK / MALI circa 1979 USD $49.99 [2 bids]
RAY SIMPSON, CRAZY PICTURES, VG/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, CIRCA, Y USD $2.60 Buy It Now 5h 32m
RAY SIMPSON, OUT THERE, EX/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, CIRCA, YR 92, USD $2.62 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Dionne Warwick's Greatest Hits, Circa Records CS 581, Funk/Soul, SEALED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 4m
KOERNER RAY & GLOVER Good Old lp Private Press live recordings circa 63-64 USD $99.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Prince-Little red corvette 7 inch picture disc-limited edition-circa 1982 USD $42.00 Buy It Now 7h 22m
(2) CIRCA 45 rpm Record Company Sleeve R&B Blues USD $6.99 [1 bids]
78RPM 10" Columbia Amercian Folk Music circa 1947 Original Record Sleeve VGEX USD $10.95 Buy It Now 7h 25m
(The Late) PRINCE 1999 Original Recrod Vinyl Album LP Circa 1982 1-23720 R.I.P. USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Circa Survive - Appendage (Rare) Record Store Day, Harvard, Anthony Green USD $90.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Odd PRINCETON TIGERTONES Circa 1970 Gatefold LP with Long Hair NO PANTS Photo!! USD $7.00 Buy It Now 9h 17m
The Beatles - In The Beginning Circa 1960 Tony Sheridan (LP, 24-4504) New Sealed USD $64.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
FLUKE - bubble - 1994 CIRCA UK VINYL 12" USD $3.10 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Feeling Free Sydney Youngblood UK CD album (CDLP) CIRCD9 CIRCA 1989 USD $14.60 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Small Change Hindsight UK 7" vinyl single record YR1 CIRCA RECORDS 1987 USD $14.53 Buy It Now 15h
Hue & Cry Strength To Strength UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) YRT6 CIRCA USD $17.75 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Julia Fordham Julia Fordham vinyl LP album record UK CIRCA4 CIRCA 1988 USD $20.39 Buy It Now 15h 12m
Gary Clark Freefloating 7" vinyl single record UK YR94 CIRCA 1993 USD $14.53 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Gary Clark Make A Family UK 7" vinyl single record YR105 CIRCA 1993 USD $14.53 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Julia Fordham I Thought It Was You 7" vinyl single record UK YR69 CIRCA 1991 USD $14.53 Buy It Now 16h 27m
Circa Waves - So Long - 2 Track USD $5.83 Buy It Now 17h 51m
Carleen Anderson Mama Said 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK YRT114 CIRCA 1994 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 2m
Sweet Invisibility Hue & Cry 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK YRT37 CIRCA USD $15.26 Buy It Now 18h 16m
Labour Of Love Hue & Cry UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) YRT4 CIRCA 1987 USD $15.26 Buy It Now 18h 21m
Julia Fordham Woman Of The 80's UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) YRT17 CIRCA USD $13.43 Buy It Now 18h 26m
Julia Fordham Lock & Key 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK YRT36 CIRCA 1988 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 26m
Julia Fordham Genius 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK YRT39 CIRCA 1989 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 26m
THE ASSOCIATES, FIRE TO ICE, VG/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, CIRCA, Y USD $2.62 Buy It Now 19h
Massive Attack Massive Attack EP CD single (CD5 / 5") UK WBRDG4 CIRCA 1992 USD $18.26 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Paul Haig 7" vinyl single record I Believe In You UK YR47 CIRCA 1990 USD $13.80 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Hue & Cry 7" vinyl single record Sweet Invisibility UK YR37 CIRCA 1989 USD $14.53 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Damita Jo: "This One's For Me", Original LP Circa 1960, MINT White Label Promo USD $18.00 Buy It Now 20h 10m
Hue & Cry Ordinary Angel UK 7" vinyl single record YRG18 CIRCA 1988 USD $13.80 Buy It Now 20h 51m
rocket from the crypt circa now ! cd USD $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 38m
Circa Survive ?- Descensus 2 x LP thrice title fight brand new glassjaw USD $13.00 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Raw Like Sushi by Neneh Cherry (CD, Jun-1989, Circa) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Dr. Music: (circa '84) 1984 Rare Funk/Breaks LP (5 track EP) DOMINIC TROIANO NM USD $95.00 Buy It Now 23h 21m
CIRCA SURVIVE DESCENSUS VINYL LP NEW BLUE CLEAR SPLATTER JUTURNA ON LETTING GO USD $24.63 Buy It Now 23h 21m
Circa Survive Mewithoutyou Limited Colour 7" RSD 2016 FREE Shipping! USD $34.49 Buy It Now 23h 29m
THE WHO PHOTO PRINT-BY NEAL PRESTON-CIRCA 1980"s-20.4cm x 14.9cm USD $2.76 Buy It Now 23h 50m
THE ASSOCIATES - Wild And Lonely (Circa CIRCA 11) USD $5.93 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD, I'D RATHER GO BLIND / COULD IT BE (I'M IN LOVE). 1990 CIRCA USD $1.45 [0 bids]
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD, IF ONLY I COULD / SPOOKY. ORIGINAL 1989 CIRCA SINGLE USD $1.45 [0 bids]
Glassjaw "Worship and Tribute" LP OOP Deftones Thrice Circa Survive Movielife USD $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEFINITION OF SOUND wear your love like heaven 12" PS EX/EX circa YRT 61 USD $13.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Music From The Spanish Kingdoms Nancy Hadden & Circa 1500 Audio CD USD $32.08 Buy It Now 1 day
HULLABALOO-THE FARM (CD) ("BAGGY" BRITISH POP/ROCK CIRCA 1994) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Carleen Anderson True Spirit 2 CD Album 1994 Circa ft K-Klass Dance Mixes USD $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD - Feeling Free - Vinyl LP *Inner Picture Sleeve**CIRCA 9* USD $4.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill McGuffie - 7"Ep circa 1955 / Sample Records /Promo USD $25.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Elvis Presley Tribute Magazine all circa 1977 Six Magazines Total USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - Juturna LP Vinyl Saosin Deftones GlassJAw Chiodos Underoath Korn USD $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - Juturna 10th Tenth Anniversary LP Vinyl Saosin GlassJAw Chiodos USD $150.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Enrico Caruso - L'ADDIO a NAPOLI (Farewell to Naples) Victrola #87312 circa 1908 USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
RUNRIG White Bath Towel - DANMARKS SMUKKESTE FESTIVAL circa 2006 USD $10.23 [0 bids]
YOUNG CHASERS (Promo CD) SIGNED BY ALL OF INDIE BAND "CIRCA WAVES" STUNNING ITEM USD $57.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Massive Attack Daydreaming CD single (CD5 / 5") UK WBRX1 CIRCA 1990 USD $10.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Hue And Cry - Remote, Circa Records CIRCA-6 Ex+ Condition LP USD $11.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive Vinyl LP Inuit Sessions Green Marble New/ Sealed USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Leonard Cohen - CLASSIC LIVE-AND NEW - Radio Only PROMO Sampler CD - Circa 2004 USD $200.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Circus Hero - Circa Zero 795041798619 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $10.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 1960 Johnny Dankworth "Bundle From Britain" - Plays VG++ - Very Nice... USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed & Cambria "The Running Free" 7" OOP Thrice Circa Survive vinyl and USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA WAVES T-SHIRT WEATHER CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 1940 Hebrew Folk Songs As Sung By Cantor David Putterman & Choir Volume 2 USD $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Memphis Circa 3AM * by John Paul Keith (Vinyl, Sep-2013, Big Legal Mess Records) USD $20.13 Buy It Now 1 day
MASSIVE ATTACK Mezzanine PR CD 1998 Circa Virgin Records Tricky electronic promo USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa-HQ CD NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa-And So On + Overflow CD NEW USD $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa-Circa CD with DVD NEW USD $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC *VG+* "RUMOURS" CIRCA 1980s JAPANESE SANYO PRESS FOR U.S. MARKET USD $65.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Feelings - Lena Martell Vinyl LP 33rpm. SHM3056. 12 Beautiful Tracks Circa 1980 USD $7.31 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM Falling Forward (1994) USA Issue - Circa - XDR - Nr. Mint USD $5.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Teddy Bears Frolic by Theo Bonheur Music Poster in Frame Circa 1900 USD $4.37 [0 bids]
Fluke - Atom Bomb 12" 1996 Circa Wipeout 2097 breakbeat techno house USD $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 91-You keep me smiling-1991 12" single USD $8.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Waves Stuck In My Teeth RSD limited yellow vinyl 7" NEW/SEALED USD $21.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Hue & Cry I Refuse 7" vinyl single record UK YR2 CIRCA 1986 USD $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa - And So On + Overflow (NEW 2CD) USD $22.64 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "CIRCA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"