CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

MICHAEL CAIN / RALPH ALESSI / PETER EPSTEIN - CIRCA / 1997 ECM JAZZ CD /LIKE NEW USD $13.75 Buy It Now 1h
CIRCA SURVIVE "DESCENSUS" 2xLP GATEFOLD CLEAR w/ WHITE/BLUE SPLATTER VINYL 2014 USD $164.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
CIRCA SURVIVE "B-SIDES" 7" CLEAR VINYL w HAND STAMP LABEL 1ST PRESS EQUAL VISION USD $89.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
CIRCA SURVIVE "THE INUIT SESSIONS" 12" EP SINGLE SIDED/ETCH PINK LTD ED 2010 ETC USD $109.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
CIRCA SURVIVE "VIOLENT WAVES" 2xLP GATEFOLD 180g VINYL 1ST US PRESS 2012 ROCK USD $74.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Rocket From The Crypt - Circa Now! [CD New] RARE Cover Art 1993 Interscope USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Various Artists Up, Down, Turn Around Circa 80 CD USD $3.83 Buy It Now 2h 24m
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEN'S GLEE CLUB "GLEE!" VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM - CIRCA 1963 USD $2.95 [0 bids]
Joel Forrester : Pre-Microscopic Music Circa 1980 CD (1999) USD $4.52 Buy It Now 3h 6m
EIGHT BING CROSBY 78 RPM RECORDS in ALBUM CIRCA 1940s. 10" 78 RPM, DECCA, NO RES USD $9.95 [1 bids]
Dustin Kensrue "This Good Night" LP Green OOP Sealed Thrice Circa Survive AFI USD $89.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Saosin "Translating The Name" CD OOP Sealed Anthony Green Circa Survive Thrice USD $74.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Hue and Cry Sweet Invisibility 12" Circa YRT 37 1989 USD $2.66 Buy It Now 9h 13m
HINDSIGHT - Days Like This - Excellent Condition LP Record CIRCA 3 USD $13.35 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Feelings - Lena Martell Vinyl LP 33rpm. SHM3056. 12 Beautiful Tracks Circa 1980 USD $6.68 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Circa Waves - Stuck In My Teeth (NEW 7" VINYL) USD $12.65 Buy It Now 11h 33m
JULIA FORDHAM Julia Fordham LP nMINT UK 1989 Circa w/ Inner Sleeve vinyl record USD $6.66 Buy It Now 11h 34m
SIMPLE MINDS - RARE ZOOM RECORDS PROMO PHOTO - CIRCA 1979 WALKERPRINT USD $13.30 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Massive Attack Daydreaming CD single (CD5 / 5") UK WBRX1 CIRCA 1990 USD $9.34 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Violent Waves 0817424014212 by Circa Survive, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $18.50 Buy It Now 13h 50m
MICHAEL GILES - Progress circa 1978 CD, KING CRIMSON Drummer, 2002 RARE OOP MINT USD $45.00 Buy It Now 13h 52m
CIRCA 1950'S LOUIS PRIMA AND ORCHESTRA IN ALL HIS MOODS LP RONDO-LETTE HI-FI USD $4.88 Buy It Now 13h 59m
CIRCA SURVIVE B-Sides 7" Vinyl Record Green/White Marble /700 OOP Saosin USD $59.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
45XP1000 Gala UK 45rpm 7" AL GOODMAN "MY FAIR LADY" EP circa 1950S USD $8.02 Buy It Now 15h
World Of Twist Sweets 7" UK 1991 Circa EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Ljuba Welitch - Columbia Masterworks ML 4795 LP 33 1/3 Record - circa 1950's USD $29.95 Buy It Now 16h 4m
SCOTTY STEVENSON 7" 45 SINGLE VG RCA CANADA CIRCA 1970 COUNTRY POP RARE 45 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Testament - Practice What You Preach Vintage Poster Circa 1993 USD $1.34 [0 bids]
18h
The Beatles - Psychedelic Poster. Vintage Poster (Lennon, McCartney) Circa 1992 USD $1.34 [0 bids]
Beck - Circa Odelay Vintage Poster Circa 1995 USD $1.34 [0 bids]
18h
6 NEW CD LOT Circa Survive The Wonder Years Balance And Composure Early November USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN - IN THE BEGINNING (CIRCA 1960) (RARE IT. PR USD $49.00 Buy It Now 19h 40m
NAZARETH Self titled Record Vinyl Album LP BS 2615 stereo Circa 1972 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 20h
HAPPY DREAM WALTZ, CIRCA 1911 (MCMXI) BY JOHN MARTIN USD $4.31 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Unknown Artist Circa CD ***NEW*** USD $4.98 Buy It Now 20h 10m
A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS CAROL- (Huron Indian Carol Circa 1641) - NEAR MINT w/SLEEVE USD $16.99 Buy It Now 20h 26m
CIRCA SURVIVE - Juturna, Limited DLX ORANGE/WHITE HAZE VINYL Gatefold + Download USD $20.99 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Hindsight Small Change /Be Free Circa 7" PS 1986 USD $1.59 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Circa Survive - Juturna Orange/White Haze Vinyl LP New USD $42.49 Buy It Now 22h 20m
MILLIONS LIKE US "S/T" LP 1987 circa virgin sealed USD $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 20m
Circa by Mary's Danish Cassette, Jul-1991, Morgan Creek, Rock, Free Shipping USA USD $10.21 Buy It Now 23h 32m
HQ, Circa, 0741157051827 USD $16.88 Buy It Now 23h 59m
PRINCE 2 45s SIGN OF THE TIMES circa 87 ex vinyl USD $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 59m
Sydney Youngblood 7" Vinyl Single ' I'd Rather Go Blind ' 1990 Circa Records USD $2.66 [0 bids]
Young Chasers, Circa Waves, 0602547116857 USD $13.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Waves-Young Chasers Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $36.84 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE - JUTURNA - GRAY / BLUE SPLATTER VINYL LP - LIMITED EDITION - GREY USD $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD "The Album" Coldplay + Grandaddy + Muse ++ on Circa 2001 2CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
New Music Record Unbroken "Circa '77" 7" USD $10.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - Violent Waves CD NEW [2 Disc, CD + DVD] USD $20.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive "Inuit Sessions" LP OOP Sealed Coheed and Cambria Thrice Saosin USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE Pillars 7" ORIGINAL 2000 PRESS (OOP) circa survive.weezer USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
JEREMY DOWER - MUSIC FOR RETIRMENT VILLAGES CIRCA 2050 CD USD $3.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Fluke - Bullet - Circa - 1995 #23571 USD $9.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Massive Attack - Protection - Circa - 1995 #3938 USD $8.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Solo E - Humble - Circa - 1991 #403595 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Fluke - Tosh / Posh / Cosh / Gosh - Circa - 1995 #11085 USD $8.01 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY - 'LOOKING FOR LINDA' 12" (1989) CIRCA (MINT) UK - VERY RARE! USD $1.32 [0 bids]
HUE AND CRY - 'LABOUR OF LOVE' 12" (1987) CIRCA (MINT) UK - VERY RARE! USD $1.32 [0 bids]
PEACEFUL FACE 12 INCH (12" VINYL) UK CIRCA 1989, Hue And Cry, Acceptable USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY REMOTE 1988 UK LP CIRCA 6 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
MASSIVE (ATTACK): Blue Lines UK Circa Records WBRCD 1981 VG USD $4.01 [0 bids]
MASSIVE ATTACK: Mezzanine UK Circa Records WBRCD4 7243 845599 2 2 1998 EX USD $4.01 [0 bids]
NENEH CHERRY - Inna City Mamma - Excellent Condition 7" Single Circa YR 42 USD $5.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 2035: The Year Music Was Outlawed Various Artists MUSIC CD USD $10.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Fluke - Groovy Feeling - Circa - 1993 #3519 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Movement 98 - Joy And Heartbreak - Circa - 1990 #880 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Carleen Anderson - True Spirit - Circa - 1994 #3446 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Hue And Cry - Labour Of Love (1993 Remix) Circa #97088 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Neneh Cherry - Ive Got You Under My Skin Circa #106278 USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Carleen Anderson - Mama Said - Circa - 1994 #4969 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
World Of Twist - She's A Rainbow (Remix) - Circa #3811 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 91 - You Keep Me Smiling - Debut - 1991 #144833 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neneh Cherry - Woman (Remixes) - Circa - 1996 #100405 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM - Happy Ever After - Excellent Condition 7" Single Circa YR 15 USD $5.33 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY Remote LP Circa 6 + inner 1988 USD $3.33 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED - Joe Glazer with the Charlie Byrd Trio - GARBAGE circa 1980 vinyl record USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
June Miller. Strike Anywhere/glassjaw Drum&bass/jungle/12" Circa/seba/clarity USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Waves - Young Chasers - New Vinyl LP + MP3 Download USD $28.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Young Chasers - Circa Waves 602547335456 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Petula Clark "Calcutta/La Seine/Marin/Les Gens Dirot" French EP circa 1961 USD $16.04 [0 bids]
Carleen Anderson - Nervous Breakdown - Circa #3445 USD $5.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa - Original Hits - Volume One -Metallics/The Blue Jays/The Innocents/Parson USD $13.20 Buy It Now 1 day
La Trulla De Bozes - Sevilla Circa 1560: Secular [CD New] USD $17.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Vinyl Record Sydney Youngblood - If only i could. Circa Records. USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Circa Survive Juturna Transparent Red Marble Vinyl USD $4.25 [3 bids]
Juturna - Circa Survive 794558110327 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.64 Buy It Now 1 day
SHOWBOAT 78rpm ~circa1949 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Envy Boxset Signed By The Full Band Oop Thrice Thursday La Dispute Circa Touch USD $225.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dustin Kensrue Please Come Home First Press Thrice Thursday Circa Saosin USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN IN THE BEGINNING CIRCA 1960 RECORD USD $14.95 [0 bids]
CIRCA WAVES - Stuck In My Teeth - Vinyl (green vinyl 7") USD $14.04 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA - LIVE FROM HERE THERE & EVERYWHERE 2013 SEALED BILLY SHERWOOD /TONY KAYE USD $14.02 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION 4 AUTOGRAPHS Circa1985 FISH USD $13.35 [0 bids]
Circa 1957 Fats Domino - "Tell My Heart/When I See You"- 45 rpm - Imperial USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Portugal the Man "In the Mountain in the Cloud" LP Orig Circa Survive Thrice USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE PHOTOGRAPH CIRCA 1989 12 CM X 17 CM USD $0.94 [0 bids]
Circa Now +4 - Rocket from the Crypt SEALED CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE PHOTOGRAPH CIRCA 1990 12 CM X 17 CM USD $0.94 [0 bids]
Julia Fordham : Swept 1991,Album,Circa,Pop,alternative. USD $5.33 [0 bids]
0 result found for "CIRCA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results
More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
Angelo avatar
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"