CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

Circa Waves Young Chasers Promo CD Single Includes Instrumental VSCDJ2098 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 48m 37s
CIRCA WAVES - Young Chasers - CD USD $16.18 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Circa Survive Violent Waves 180 Gram USD $30.00 [0 bids]
CIRCA '58 & THE PEANUT GALLERY-(45)-DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?/LANNY'S TUNE-71 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Circa Zero : Circus Hero CD 2014, Sealed , Andy Summers , Rob Giles USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Classic FATS DOMINO Imperial Lp WHAT A PARTY! Clean Copy Circa 1960 STARS Labels USD $29.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
NENEH CHERRY-I've Got You Under My Skin-7" 45rpm Record-Circa-YR 53-1990 USD $3.08 [0 bids]
The Coronets - Make It A Party 7" Ep circa 1956 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs 7 x 5 US circa 1960 Photocard USD $12.40 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Elizabeth Marshall CIRCA 1815: THE PIANO IN LONDON - Serenus SRS 12067 SEALED USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
GARY NUMAN - ORIGINAL GREETINGS CARD CIRCA 1979 USD $3.41 [2 bids]
Ben Bagley's Shoestring Revues 12" LP Circa 1965 EX++ USD $16.26 Buy It Now 7h 36m
MASSIVE ATTACK vs. MAD PROFESSOR 1994 Circa w/ Horace Andy, Tracey Thorn, Tricky USD $6.62 Buy It Now 7h 44m
CIRCA SURVIVE Descensus 2 LP YELLOW VINYL anthony green title fight USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive (CD, Apr-2010, Atlantic (Label)) USD $9.48 Buy It Now 9h 35m
CIRCA SURVIVE DESCENSUS DIGIPAK CD NEW USD $13.89 Buy It Now 9h 46m
10 INCH LP-MAGNOLIA (SHOWBOAT)HI-LITES/ MGM-CIRCA 1955- GOOD COND. USD $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 5m
LP-SONGS OF ERIN-KATE SMITH & MORTON DOWNEY - CIRCA 1955 MINT/STILL IN SHRINK USD $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Millions Like Us - Millions Like Us (CD, 1987, Virgin/Circa Records, UK) RARE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Folk (LP) JOAN BAEZ "David's Album" (Vanguard) circa 1969 no bar code SEALED! USD $22.49 Buy It Now 11h 28m
10 INCH LP-MARIO LANZA "BECAUSE YOUR MINE" FILM SCORE-CIRCA 1955- GOOD COND. USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12h
Juturna - Survive Circa New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $16.46 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Latin Exotic Guitar Classic LP AL CAIOLA Tuff Guitar TIJUANA STYLE Circa 1965 Mn USD $19.00 Buy It Now 12h 24m
PENA secret stash POSTERS for the album cd peruvian-afro lima circa 2010 Lot -* USD $2.99 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Unbroken Circa '77 7" New Age Records Hardcore BLACK VINYL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 49m
PIERCE THE VEIL A Flair For The Dramatic LP TRANS RED VINYL circa survive thrice USD $49.99 Buy It Now 13h
Circa - Mary's Danish (Cassette 1991, Morgan Creek) NEW in Shrink USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 42m
CIRCA SURVIVE - Descensus LTD 2XLP TRANSPARENT BLUE VINYL Gatefold Download Card USD $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 44m
THE MUSIC OF CIRCA SURVICE 2005-2010 2 CD US PROMO MUSIC PUBLISHING SET USD $15.96 Buy It Now 14h 43m
2 Vintage Child's Records from THE RECORD GUILD OF AMERICA circa 1940-1950 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Avalon - Circa - Reset Records - 2006 #185294 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Carleen Anderson - Mama Said - Circa - 1994 #4969 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Mohamed's House - Sheik Fawaz - Circa - 1998 #78949 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Now Is Tomorrow / Moira Jane's Cafe - Circa #340243 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Definition Of Sound - Love And Life - Circa #294291 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Neneh Cherry - Woman (Remixes) - Circa - 1996 #100405 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Sydney Youngblood - Hooked On You - Circa #296739 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Ronin - Who Got The Last Laugh - Circa - 1991 #416247 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Hindsight - Small Change - Circa - 1986 #78952 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Hue And Cry - Looking For Linda - Circa - 1989 #34348 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Neneh Cherry - Manchild - Circa - 1989 #125723 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Fluke - Electric Guitar (Remixes) - Circa - 1993 #16119 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Ray Simpson - Out There - Circa - 1992 #309175 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Neneh Cherry - Kisses On The Wind - Circa #125026 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Carleen Anderson - Apparently Nothin' - Circa #12945 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Sydney Youngblood - If Only I Could - Circa #704002 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
I'Ve Got You Under My Skin (Remixes) - Circa #81386 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Tack Head - Dangerous Sex - Circa - 1987 #91940 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Hue And Cry - Sweet Invisibility - Circa - 1989 #162757 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Carleen Anderson - Nervous Breakdown - Circa #3445 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Sydney Youngblood - If Only I Could - Circa #2974 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Definition Of Sound - Now Is The Tomorrow Circa #406549 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Circa 91 - Sun Shining Down - Disco Biscuit #112623 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Sainthood Reps/Weatherbox "split" 7" OOP Brand New Thrice Circa Survive USD $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Circa Feat Destry - Sun Shining Down 2000 - 2000 #74914 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Circa Feat Destry - Sun Shining Down - Inferno #32429 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Kittie Australian Tour original flyer circa 2001 USD $2.35 Buy It Now 22h 22m
Hue And Cry, Strength To Strength, Circa - YRT 6 Vinyl, 12" Single USD $7.74 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Circa Survive 12" LP Juturna Green White Swirl MINT OOP 1st PRESS USD $159.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bayside SEALED LP Self Titled OOP VINYL Circa Survive Thrice Saves the Day USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE SEALED Appendage EP 12" LP LIMITED BRAND NEW OOP RARE USD $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rose Tattoo Press Photo Circa 2001 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Waves Young Chasers CD Signed USD $19.38 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE Descensus DOUBLE LP 10 Track Double Album In Gatefold Sleeve With USD $39.05 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY Remote LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1988 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY Remote LP 10 Track With Inner Sleeve UK Circa 1988 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE AND CRY Seduced And Abandoned LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1987 USD $16.26 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM S/t LP 11 Track With Inner UK Circa 1988 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
MILLIONS LIKE US Millions Like Us LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1987 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
NENEH CHERRY Homebrew LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1992 USD $26.03 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Feeling Free LP 10 Track With Inner UK Circa 1989 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD Passion Grace And Serious Bass LP 11 Track UK Circa 1990 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLIAM LAWS/WILLIAM BYRD Consort Music Of England Circa 1600-1640 LP 8 Track Ga USD $29.28 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM "PORCELIAN" CD 1989 circa virgin a USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Slade-Far Far Away/Thanks For The Memory 7" UK Flexi Circa 1974 USD $6.19 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM "PORCELIAN" CD 1989 circa virgin USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA-Sun Shining Down-Trance-12" EP Vinyl Record-2000-DJFERN22 USD $2.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Steely Dan - " The Royal Scam " LP ( circa 1976 ) USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes-The Yes Album USA Gatefold LP Circa 1973 Pressing USD $15.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The big bands music song book,circa 1967 -dance band era USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CARLEEN ANDERSON Mama Said 2-12" Virgin/Circa Z-38460 NM Double PS USD $8.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Bee Gees LP Original Recordings Circa '64 Australian Sessions Mondays Rain 1978 USD $9.95 [0 bids]
In Response * by This Day Forward (CD, Jun-2003, Equal Vision) CIRCA SURVICE USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
June Miller- Strike Anywhere/Glassjaw ft Circa 12" DSM Vinyl Drum USD $31.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Segovia Recital 7" Ep circa 1960 / Instrumental Guitar USD $18.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Joel Forrester : Pre-Microscopic Music Circa 1980 CD (1999) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Raw Like Sushi by Neneh Cherry (CD, Jun-1989, Circa) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa (2) - Sun Shining Down 12" USD $3.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Now! - Rocket From The Crypt (2004, CD New) USD $13.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT - CIRCA NOW NEW CD USD $18.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Raw Like Sushi by Neneh Cherry (CD, Circa) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KYA San Francisco Classic Rock era 2 Lp Sampler SOLID GOLD Circa 1970 Variety Cb USD $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Fluke Out [In Essence] UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) FLUKE1 CIRCA RECORDS USD $18.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Wild Times Deee Lite UK 7" vinyl single record YR35 CIRCA 1989 USD $15.41 Buy It Now 1 day
John O'Kane Come On Up 7" vinyl single record UK YR85 CIRCA 1991 USD $15.41 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCKET FROM the CRYPT - Circa: Now! - INTERSCOPE CD USD $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Je Voy Le Bon Tens Venir: Polyphonies & Dances Circa 1400 3760014191893, CD, NEW USD $23.25 Buy It Now 1 day
HUE & CRY Remote LP nMINT UK 1988 Circa w/ Inner Sleeve USD $12.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Fairport Convention circa early 1980s unused Display Sticker USD $9.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - On Letting Go ( CD 2007 ) NEW / SEALED USD $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "CIRCA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"