CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Live From Here There & EverywhereLive From Here There & Everywhere
Glassville Records 2013
ELECTRONIC MUSIC From The University Of Illinois - circa '67 LP - BRUN, HILLER USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Circa Survive Descensus LP Vinyl Yellow Black Splatter + CD + Poster 500 Copies USD $100.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
World Of Twist ?- Sons Of The Stage, Circa ?- YRT 62 Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM single USD $8.41 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Circus Hero - Circa Zero (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.20 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Seer Circa 98 - Seer (2006, CD New) USD $8.83 Buy It Now 3h 38m
The Trakes - Circa 3172 (2002, CD) Amp Records USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h
CIRCA ZERO ANDY SUMMERS POLICE Japan 2014 NM CD+Obi CIRCUS HERO 4 Bonus Tracks USD $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 10m
STEREO BEATLES LP - POLYDOR 24-4504 - "THE BEATLES CIRCA 1960 IN THE BEGINNING" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 27m
The United States Navy Band and the Sea Chanters Circa 1963 Vinyl Record USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
THE GUFS Circa 89 [Audio CD] Near Mint Red Submarine 0393 USD $6.95 Buy It Now 7h 59m
CIRCA SURVIVE THE INUIT SESSIONS LP VINYL LETTING GO JUTURNA BLUE SKY VIOLENT USD $44.95 Buy It Now 8h
Definition Of Sound - The Lick (1992 Circa Records CIRCD 24) Used CD USD $1.25 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Circa Zero - Circus Hero [Vinyl New] USD $17.59 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Circus Hero - Circa Zero (2014, Vinyl New) USD $12.50 Buy It Now 10h 57m
UK IMPORT MASSIVE ATTACK - PROTECTION CASSETTE TAPE CIRCA RECORDS 1994 TRIP HOP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Book Club Associates Christmas Record advert circa 1976 David Essex USD $5.46 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Circa Survive - On Letting Go ( CD 2007 ) NEW / SEALED USD $5.85 Buy It Now 14h 37m
Circa Survive - Juturna ( CD 2005 ) NEW / SEALED USD $7.48 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Circa Waves - Stuck In My Teeth - Scarce 2014 UK 3trk promo CD USD $7.79 Buy It Now 15h 16m
Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise [CD New] USD $11.17 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Toto - Circa 1980's CD 2002 NEW USD $3.11 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Circa Survive - Juturna Vinyl LP - Transparent RED USD $43.99 [12 bids]
Hue And Cry - I Refuse / Joe & Josephine, Circa YR-2 Ex+ Condition USD $6.23 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Gary Clark cassette single Freefloating UK YRC94 CIRCA 1993 USD $14.03 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Gary Clark We Sail On The Stormy Waters UK cassette single YRC93 CIRCA 1993 USD $14.03 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Gary Clark Make A Family cassette single UK YRC105 CIRCA 1993 USD $14.03 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Associates vinyl LP album record Wild And Lonely - embossed UK CIRCA11 CIRCA USD $37.39 Buy It Now 18h 58m
Rocket From The Crypt - Circa Now! [CD New] USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Strength To Strength Hue & Cry UK 7" vinyl single record YR6 CIRCA 1987 USD $15.52 Buy It Now 19h 17m
The Beatles Feat. Tony Sheridan, In The Beginning (Circa 1960) LP, 24-4504 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 19h 19m
HUE AND CRY Remote Original 1988 CIRCA Records CD Album USD $3.87 [0 bids]
Circa Zero - Circus Hero - 4179812 USD $18.56 Buy It Now 19h 45m
World Of Twist Sons Of The Stage UK CD single (CD5 / 5") YRCD62 CIRCA 1991 USD $14.82 Buy It Now 19h 53m
Blessed Burden Carleen Anderson CD album (CDLP) UK CIRCD35 CIRCA 1998 USD $19.50 Buy It Now 20h
Billy MacKenzie Baby UK CD single (CD5 / 5") YRCD86 CIRCA 1992 USD $27.30 Buy It Now 20h
Massive Attack Karmacoma EP CD single (CD5 / 5") Dutch WBRDXE7 CIRCA 1995 USD $11.69 Buy It Now 20h 15m
THE ASSOCIATES wild and lonely CIRCA 11 A2U/B1U uk circa 1990 LP PS EX/EX +inner USD $14.36 Buy It Now 20h 19m
Sydney Youngblood Hooked On You UK 7" vinyl single record YR65 CIRCA 1991 USD $15.52 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Three Albums & One 5-Record Set of Traditional Japanese Music, LPs, circa 1970s USD $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 29m
Neneh Cherry Inna City Mamma UK 7" vinyl single record YR42 CIRCA 1989 USD $15.52 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Massive Attack Tear Drop UK CD single (CD5 / 5") WBRX9 CIRCA 1998 USD $14.82 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Bullet Fluke CD single (CD5 / 5") UK YRCD121 CIRCA RECORDS 1995 USD $16.38 Buy It Now 20h 50m
On Letting Go - Circa Survive (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.98 Buy It Now 21h 44m
Debbie Berry "Baby I'm Yours / Till You Say We're Thru" Circa 1978 7' 45RPM USD $9.75 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Debbie Berry "Baby I'm Yours / Till You Say We're Thru" Circa 1978 7' 45RPM USD $9.50 Buy It Now 22h 4m
On Letting Go - Circa Survive (2007, CD New) USD $15.72 Buy It Now 22h 8m
SONNY TILL & ORIOLES - VISIT MANHATTAN CIRCA 1950's - "VERY RARE" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 24m
Circa Survive - On Letting Go [CD New] USD $12.88 Buy It Now 22h 28m
Dustin Kensrue "Please Come Home" LP /475 OOP Thrice Circa Survive Glassjaw USD $59.99 Buy It Now 22h 41m
Michael Cain - Circa (ECM CD 1997) USD $1.73 [2 bids]
Madonna framed picture. (circa 1982-1985). 22.5cm high x 17.5cm wide. In VGC. USD $21.08 [0 bids]
On Letting Go Circa Survive Audio CD USD $21.40 Buy It Now 23h 36m
Beatles Bootleg LP 1962 circa 1974 12" 33rpm Early Songs: Shiek of Araby,etc. USD $9.50 [1 bids]
SMALL FACES OGDENS NUTGONE FLAKE LONG SLEEVED 'T' SHIRT LARGE CIRCA 1991 VINTAGE USD $10.91 [0 bids]
RUNRIG White Bath Towel - DANMARKS SMUKKESTE FESTIVAL circa 2006 USD $12.49 [0 bids]
Memphis Circa 3am - John Paul Keith (2013, Vinyl New) USD $19.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Memphis Circa 3am [12 inch Analog] John Paul Keith LP Record USD $28.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - Violent Waves NEW DVD + CD USD $13.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Gift Paper (4) circa 2004 USD $12.49 [0 bids]
Beatles Greetings Cards (4) circa 2004 USD $12.49 [0 bids]
Vintage & collectable Nat King Album with rare printing error. Circa late 1960s USD $1.55 [0 bids]
Vintage "The Walker Brothers Story" double LP album. Fold-out cover. Circa 1967 USD $1.55 [0 bids]
CHARIZMA & PEANUT BUTTER WOLF Circa 1990-1993 4x LP NEW VINYL BOX SET Stones Thr USD $55.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Santana " Zebop " LP Record Album ( circa 1981 ) USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE Blue Sky Noise (CD 2010) w/Bonus Tracks 16 Songs FREE SHIPPING USD $15.25 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE Get Out Rare 1 Track CD! RX Bandits USD $3.11 [1 bids]
1 x Vintage Columbia Records Single Sleeve - 45 rpm Circa 1960's USD $3.12 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE DESCENSUS VINYL 2xLP SEALED NEW ANTHONY GREEN USD $29.09 Buy It Now 1 day
The Donnas Turn 21 concert tour or album poster circa 2002 Good condition. USD $7.81 [0 bids]
Toto : Circa 1980s CD (2003) USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
John Paul Keith - Memphis Circa 3am [Vinyl New] USD $16.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Enter the Worship Circle : Village Thrift: Circa 2005 CD USD $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Definition Of Sound Can I Get Over CD UK Circa 1992 CD USD $3.70 Buy It Now 1 day
COLUMBIA RECORDS Special ADVERTISING PROMO, Good Night Little Girl.circa 1913 USD $11.00 [0 bids]
Violent Waves - 2 DISC SET - Circa Survive (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Descensus - Circa Survive (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Zero - Circus Hero CD NEW USD $19.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 2035 Vol. 1-Circa 2035 CD USD $3.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Neins Circa Sunday Anthems CD USD $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Marys Danish : Marys Danish - Circa - [CD] USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JANE MORGAN Sings The Big Hits From BROADWAY Kapp Circa 1960 LP Female Pop Jazz USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Scarce Circa 1960 LUTHER HENDERSON & His Orchestra LP Hand-Clapping Rhythms STER USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Blue Sky Noise - Circa Survive (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa: Now! by Rocket from the Crypt (CD, May-1993, Interscope (USA)) USD $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
John Paul Keith - Memphis Circa 3Am Vinyl Record LP USD $21.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - On Letting Go CD USD $17.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Survive - Juturna (NEW CD) USD $19.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JULIA FORDHAM Porcelain LP EX+ GER 1989 Circa w/ Inner Sleeve USD $12.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Toto - Circa 1980's featuring Rosanna & More - Brand New CD USD $8.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Joel Forrester : Pre-Microscopic Music Circa 1980 CD (1999) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE "BLUE SKY NOISE" CD ROCK NEW+ USD $22.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Circus Hero by Andy Summers & Circa Zero : Format: Audio CD USD $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Cliff Richard. Two original photos ( Celebrity series 364/367 ) Circa 1958 USD $6.23 [1 bids]
Cliff Richard. Two original photos. Circa 1958 USD $6.23 [0 bids]
Circa 1989: Lost Tapes CD USD $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BLM0281 - John Paul Keith - Memphis Circa 3AM USD $16.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Eleven Lives - Circa Paleo (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.80 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN PAUL KEITH - MEMPHIS CIRCA 3AM CD NEW+ USD $21.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Associates(Vinyl LP)Wild And Lonely-Circa-CIRCA 11-UK-VG/VG USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood(Vinyl LP)Feeling Free-Circa-CIRCA 9-UK-Ex-/VG USD $11.39 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"