CIRCA

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Cut the Ties (5:40)
2. Don't let go (6:57)
3. Together we are (6:31)
4. Information Overload (5:54)
5. Trust in Something (7:55)
6. Keeper of the Flame (2:32)
7. Life Going By (3:47)
8. Look inside (5:04)
9. Brotherhood of Man (11:48)

Total time: 56:08

Search CIRCA Circa lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2007)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa Music

SANTANA - JAM ! - LIVE - CIRCA 1969/70 USD $7.20 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Toto - Circa 1980's CD 2002 mint USD $1.43 Buy It Now 2h 14m
CIRCA WAVES - T Shirt Weather - Vinyl (10") USD $18.77 Buy It Now 2h 39m
CIRCA 2035, VOL. 1 - NEW CD USD $10.63 Buy It Now 4h 19m
SEALED TOTO - Circa 1980's - Rosanna, I'll be over you, Carmen, More USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
VG++/VG+, 1987, Circa YR6, Strength to strength - Hue and Cry 7" vinyl single USD $2.88 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Super Special Carrier Bag From The Legendary SUN STUDIOS. Memphis. Circa 2008 USD $1.43 [0 bids]
handmade greetings / birthday card TANGO DANCERS , circa 1930 USD $7.24 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Blur - London Loves Vintage Poster (Albarn, Coxon, James, Rowntree) Circa 1994 USD $2.90 [1 bids]
John Lennon - Working Class Hero. Vintage Poster (Beatles) Circa 1992 USD $2.88 [0 bids]
Testament - Practice What You Preach Vintage Poster Circa 1993 USD $2.53 [0 bids]
Beck - Circa Odelay Vintage Poster Circa 1995 USD $2.90 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Psychedelic Poster. Vintage Poster (Lennon, McCartney) Circa 1992 USD $2.90 [0 bids]
Neneh Cherry ?Inna City Mamma 7" vinyl 1989 UK Circa YR 42 USD $4.35 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Sydney Youngblood If Only I Could 7" vinyl 1989 uk circa YR 34 USD $4.35 Buy It Now 5h 22m
STANLEY HOLLOWAY 'ERES 'OLLOWAY' LP PHILIPS 7237. UK CIRCA 1960. GRADE EX+ / VG+ USD $11.57 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Karmacoma Massive Attack CD single (CD5 / 5") UK WBRX7 CIRCA 1995 USD $5.79 [0 bids]
Circa Zero - Circus Hero NEW CD USD $14.83 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Fluke Electric Guitar 12" Circa 1993 USD $10.12 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Dreamland: Piano Gems Circa 1903 Mark Birnbaum - Mark Birnba (CD Used Very Good) USD $19.28 Buy It Now 8h 14m
ALL 'UNA E 35 CIRCA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $12.03 Buy It Now 8h 21m
FLEXI DISC - CLIFF RICHARD FROM BOYFRIEND MAGAZINE circa 1962 see details USD $8.68 [0 bids]
ROSE ROYCE GREATEST HITS 12" VINYL LP 33RPM, CIRCA 1980. STEREO USD $4.33 [0 bids]
NENEH CHERRY - MANCHILD - 7" VINYL PICTURE SLEEVE 1989 CIRCA USD $4.33 Buy It Now 9h 10m
Circa Waves - Young Chasers NEW 7" USD $9.82 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Barry White - original Press photo, undated but circa 1980s USD $4.35 [0 bids]
Decca, Capital, Columbia 78rpm Children's Story Albums, circa 1948 USD $67.00 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Neneh Cherry - Inna City Mamma - Circa - 1989 #23036 USD $7.23 Buy It Now 9h 38m
* * THE BEATLES with Tony Sheridan "IN THE BEGINNING (CIRCA 1960)": CLEAN M- LP! USD $28.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Julia Fordham : Swept 1991,Album,Circa,Pop,alternative. USD $5.78 [0 bids]
HUE & CRY SEDUCED AND ABANDONED 1987 UK LP CIRCA 2 PRINTED INNER NEAR MINT LP USD $2.82 [0 bids]
Scaterd Few: Out of the Attic circa 1983-84 (CD: 1994 Flying Tart Records) USD $35.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
KINGS - Gospel Spectrum - circa '70 Private Jesus music Xian folk rock LP - NM USD $14.99 [0 bids]
DEFINITION OF SOUND-DREAM GIRL 4 MIXES-CIRCA YRT70 VG+/VG+ 12'' USD $5.98 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Hue And Cry - Peaceful Face 3" CD single (Circa, 1989) Hard-to-find 3-track CDS! USD $11.57 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Hue And Cry - Sweet Invisibility 3" CD single (Circa, 1989) Hard-to-find CDS! USD $11.57 Buy It Now 11h 27m
CIRCA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $17.24 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Definition of Sound - Love and Life - Vinyl LP - Circa Records 1991 USD $7.23 [0 bids]
JOHN CORIGLIANO: STRING QUARTET; SNAPSHOT: CIRCA 1909; A - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $12.26 Buy It Now 11h 45m
MUSIC AT MAXIMILIAN'S COURT - CIRCA 1500 / CAPILLA FLAMENCA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $35.57 Buy It Now 11h 45m
INTRUDERS 4 Track 10" Acetate Circa 1966-7 Uncomped Garage Rock Demo NYC HEAR! USD $149.99 [0 bids]
12h
CARISSIMI: MUSIC IN ROME CIRCA 1640 - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $21.97 Buy It Now 12h
CIRCA 2035, VOL. 1 - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $6.50 Buy It Now 12h 14m
SEVILLA CIRCA 1560 - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $17.77 Buy It Now 12h 16m
COMPLETE COLLECTION: CIRCA 1968 - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $17.63 Buy It Now 12h 27m
John Paul Keith - Memphis Circa 3am NEW CD USD $13.92 Buy It Now 13h 19m
* SCARCE! RAGTIME (CIRCA 1909) - THE DARKIES' FROLIC - ('Multitrack') ENCORE 551 USD $5.07 [0 bids]
Dora Hall -Circa 1970's-Cozy-SEALED-LP- Stage & Screen-Jazz - "Dora's World" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 32m
* World of Twist 'Sons of the Stage' CD single, 1991 on Circa Records USD $2.88 [0 bids]
Q LIVE IN PARIS CIRCA 1960 - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $7.76 Buy It Now 13h 43m
CIRCA: NOW! - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $3.67 Buy It Now 13h 56m
S. RICHTER- piano Beethoven Fantasy Melodia 1960 circa mint USD $6.00 [0 bids]
S. RICHTER- piano Beethoven sonata n 5, Bagatellen Melodia 1960 circa mint USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Circa Waves - Rare gig/concert/tour poster, Glasgow, April 2015 USD $7.17 Buy It Now 14h 12m
CIRCA SURVIVE Descensus 2xLP Saosin Anthony Green Thrice Minus The Bear Chiodos USD $9.99 [0 bids]
1987 HINDSIGHT Stand Up 12" SINGLE CIRCA RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 27m
CIRCA SURVIVE - Descensus LTD 2XLP TRANSPARENT BLUE VINYL Gatefold Download Card USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 30m
CIRCA: - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.83 Buy It Now 15h 21m
MEMPHIS CIRCA 3AM [DIGIPAK] * - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $11.13 Buy It Now 15h 29m
EVERY TIME I DIE Salem 7"GREEN VINYL botch circa survive norma jean converge zao USD $5.00 [1 bids]
BOSTON CIRCA 1900: HARRY NEWTON REDMAN, CLARA KATHLEEN - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $15.36 Buy It Now 15h 40m
CIRCA 1995 [EP] * - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $10.07 Buy It Now 15h 42m
ANTHOLOGY OF FOLK MUSIC: CIRCA - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $16.98 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Circa Survive Vinyl LP Inuit Sessions Green Marble New/ Sealed USD $39.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
CIRCA * - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $14.30 Buy It Now 16h 7m
Minus the Bear - They Make Beer Vinyl (1st Press-OOP) Circa Survive Menos el Oso USD $21.00 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Anthony Green Circa Survive Soul 4 My Soul 7" Vinyl LP Flexi Disc USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
DEBBIE REYNOLDS' SHOW 20-PAGE SOUVENIR PROGRAMME - CIRCA MID-70s - IN EX CELCOND USD $2.83 Buy It Now 18h
BEE GEES "MONDAY'S RAIN" ORIGINAL RECORDINGS CIRCA '64 AUSTRALIAN SESSIONS VINYL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 18h 4m
CIRCA SURVIVE - DESCENSUS CIRCA SURVIVE - DESCENSUS USD $22.38 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Memphis Circa 3am (Vinyl) USD $24.77 Buy It Now 19h 33m
CARMINA BURANA II 13 SONGS BENEDIKTBEUERN MANUSCRIPT CIRCA 1300 TELEFUNKEN USD $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
JULIA FORDHAM SWEPT 1991 UK LP CIRCA 18 + INNER + SIGNED NUMBERED PICTURE USD $36.21 Buy It Now 20h 43m
NENEH CHERRY MANCHILD 1989 CIRCA LABEL A3 B2 PRRESS PICTURE SLEEVE EX 7" VINYL USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
POUISHNOFF, RENOWNED PIANIST, CHOPIN CONCERT RECITAL PROGRAMME CIRCA 1950 USD $8.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - Sit And Wait 1989 7" Ex/Vg Circa YR40 USD $3.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa 91 - Sun Shining Down - Disco Biscuit #112623 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
CIRCA SURVIVE - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) USD $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - Sit And Wait - Circa - 1989 #137356 USD $4.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - Hooked On You - Circa #296739 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Hue And Cry - Sweet Invisibility - Circa - 1989 #162757 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Hue And Cry - Violently - Circa - 1989 #641250 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Mohamed's House - Sheik Fawaz - Circa - 1998 #78949 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Tack Head - Dangerous Sex - Circa - 1987 #91940 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - Sit And Wait - Circa - 1989 #740701 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Ronin - Who Got The Last Laugh - Circa - 1991 #416247 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Definition Of Sound - Now Is The Tomorrow Circa #406549 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Ray Simpson - Out There - Circa - 1992 #309175 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - If Only I Could - Circa #704002 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Joy And Heartbreak - Circa - 1990 #682163 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Definition Of Sound - Dream Girl - Circa - 1991 #424702 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Now Is Tomorrow / Moira Jane's Cafe - Circa #340243 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood - If Only I Could - Circa #298653 USD $4.33 Buy It Now 1 day
EAST VILLAGE rare Summershine promo photo circa Drop Out Heavenly Saint Etienne USD $16.95 [0 bids]
BUMPERS - DOUBLE LP PINK ISLAND IDP 1 VARIOUS BANDS circa 1970 USD $14.48 [0 bids]
Circa - Circa (NEW CD+DVD) USD $20.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Circa Feat Destry - Sun Shining Down Remixes #21116 USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM 10" circa 1926 Victor Original Record Sleeve EXMT USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Mary's Danish- Circa- new/sealed cassette tape USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SAY ANYTHING IS A REAL BOY.. 2XLP ON TOUR W/ CIRCA SURVIVE THRICE BAYSIDE NOFX USD $49.99 [0 bids]
USD $94.99 Buy It Now

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa reviews

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Approximately bass driven

When Circa released there first album in the spring of 2007, I was among the first to order - and so far without regret. With Circa:2007, the band provides a very listenable set of progressive rock tracks, that clearly shows influences from all eras of prog since the late 1960s. To me, that means the music brings memories of Yes, but also Pallas, Styx and maybe even a hint of Genesis or Marillion at times - without ever copying the sound of those bands. Circa have their own sound, and I like it.

From the quiet intro of Cut the Ties (followed by some amazing bass work of which more can be found throughout) the album is a journey through 9 great guitar and keyboard driven prog tracks. The vocals sometimes remind me of more AOR like bands, but the music simply never let's up the prog character completely. The multi-voice vocals on Information Overload, the (slide?) guitar work on Together We Are Right and the a capella intro of Life Going By are just some of the great moments on this album. The closing track Brotherhood of Man is 'the long track', with just under 12 minutes, and very much worth checking out for yourselves.

Overall, the only set backs for me with respect to this album are the many multi-vocal choruses, which have never been my taste, and Look Inside, which I find a bit boring. Then again, if these guys have played with Yes and this album represents the music they made there, I may finally have to bite the bullet and start enduring (or ignoring) Jon Anderson's voice. Maybe this is not the most renewing album in prog at the moment, and some pieces border on AOR, but it's definitely worth checking out. The excellent musicianship of these four horseman tips the scale toward 4 stars.

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Solid modern Yes album!

The debut album by Circa: is almost a Yes album and it's intelligibly, because if you see the names of the musicians, you'll find out three Yes members (one current - Alan White, two former - the original one - Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood) with a guitarist Jimmy Haun, played on 1991's Union. The musicianship is of high quality and the songs are quite catchy, made in typical Yes style. Yes now aren't producing any studio albums, so if we want to know what they would make, probably the answer is in front of us - something like Circa:. Have a nice trip with this classic sounding album. 3.4 stars

Best songs: Cut the Ties, Don't Let Go and Trust in Something

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Keepers of the flame

Yes has so many offshoots in terms of solo and side projects that 'Yes Related' could almost be a subgenre here on Prog Archives! Almost all members of Yes past and present have released solo albums (and some quite a few of them!) and just to name a few other Yes-related bands I could mention Flash, Badger, Asia, GTR, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and Conspiracy. The most recent in this series is Circa whose four members all have previous connections to Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye is the member of Circa whose history with Yes goes back the farthest. He was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The drummer in Circa is none other than Alan White who has played with Yes since 1973 until the present day. The other half of Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy.

Given the members' history and close association with Yes it should not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. As if all these Yes-connections were not enough, Circa also enlists the song writing talents of one Trevor Rabin on two songs and Billy's brother Michael Sherwood (who also played a small part in the Union album) is credited for providing vocoder!

Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album is most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Influences from 70's and 80's Yes can also be found with equal emphasis on both. For me as a Yes-fanatic I cannot but love the sound of Circa, but unfortunately they do not write as consistently good and memorable material as that of Yes and even Conspiracy. Given how much Circa sounds like Yes it is almost impossible not to compare this with Yes and then it inevitably falls rather flat. Even most of 80's and 90's Yes (some of which this reviewer likes a lot!) outshines this by a wide margin. Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for the people involved and I do enjoy this album, at least to a degree. This is by all means a highly professional recording with several good moments.

When I finally heard this album I had already heard all the songs as they were all featured on the Circa: Live DVD where they were performed live in the exact same running order as on this studio album. But even though I had heard all this material before I cannot say that I really remembered all the songs. Indeed, only a few of the songs here made a strong enough impression the first time around for me to even remember them. Cut The Ties, Don't Let Go and Information Overload are all good songs though that deserves special mention. The rest of the album is by no means bad, but it is certainly not the kind of album that deserves to be performed live in its entirety. On the aforementioned live DVD, the performance of this album is followed by a 40 minute long medley of Yes material followed by Sherwood's own Yes song The More We Live (originally written and recorded for Union, as I said), and in comparison with that, the first part of the show (i.e. the performance of the album under review) simply fails to impress that much.

Hearing the best songs on Circa's debut individually they are highly enjoyable, but the album as a whole tends to drag a bit in the middle. I can therefore only recommend this album to fans of Yes and its massive family tree. There is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in that family tree and given that Circa is not among the offshoots that I would put priority on. Having that said, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa too. I would however recommend that you go for the live DVD instead of this studio album as there you get all the songs from this album plus the interesting Yes-medley that I mentioned above and more.

4 stars As the previous reviewer of this album, cd, or however we refer to such a production in this day of Information Overload has noted, the lyrics on this album are adequate to not so adequate. . . . The music is very good to excellent. In a sense, this is a concept album; not to the degree of, sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#162177) | Posted by ken_scrbrgh | Tuesday, February 19, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I've often found during the years that the most enduring relationships are couples where the partners are aware of each others' flaws, and love each other in spite of them. I say this because I really do love this album, but man, does it have some serious blemishes. Understand that in my heart ... (read more)

Report this review (#159864) | Posted by Teaflax | Saturday, January 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa"