TERA MELOS

- Jeff / guitar
- Nick / guitar
- Vince / drums

Springman Records

Thanks to chamberry for the addition

TERA MELOS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TERA MELOS Tera Melos Music

X'ed OutX'ed Out
Sargent House 2013
Patagonian RatsPatagonian Rats
Sargent House 2010
Drugs/ComplexDrugs/Complex
Sargent House 2010
XED OUT +bonus(IMPORT)XED OUT +bonus(IMPORT)
DIW Records (JAPAN)
Patagonia N RatsPatagonia N Rats
Indies Japan/Zoom 2010

More places to buy TERA MELOS music online Buy TERA MELOS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TERA MELOS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TERA MELOS Tera Melos ratings distribution

TERA MELOS Tera Melos reviews

Review by Dim
4 stars Most of the time, Math rock is too non stop, and emotionless for me, bands like Don cabellero are what I call too grindcore, but Tera Melos is something different. If theres one thing I love about Math rock, it's three or four guys with the skill of all the members of Dream Theater, but not being a bunch pretensious a**holes showing off. Math rock bands are more concentrated on creating an intense, fast paced, and extremely technical rythym, but as I said, it usually comes with the price of being just too much, especially for a hardcore post rock fan such as myself. Tera Melos though, knows how to control this grindcore effect, and utilzes both the speed, and technicality of Math rock, and the restraint, and snsibility of post rock. Leaving albums like this, leveled out, evenly distributed, and semi easy listening.

All the songs are basically gems, with the centerpiece of all of them being the amazing guitar riffing and technicality. If you watch some of their videos, you see the lead guitar player tapping away to form the melody, and you're just in shock as to how such technical stuff can make such beautiful music. Polyrythmic drumming is also a math rock essential, and this band does it great. The drummer is so furios the whole time, you may question how he dosent pop a blood vein, playing as fast and technical as he does. The only song I have a beef with is the twenty minuete long melody eight, I mean it's good, but it does drag on, and of course gets a little stale, and I just dont think it fits with all the other shorter songs, but really the song isnt that bad.

If you're a fan of seventies symph prog, I cant recomend this to you. If you're a fan of extremely chill post rock such as sigur ros, or GY!BE, I cant recomend this to you. If you're a fan of the faster side of post rock, or math rock, I highly recomend this amazing album to you. Even the tech metal fans might have a good time with this album. 4 stars.

Send comments to Dim (BETA) | Report this review (#163658) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 10, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Tera Melos' - Tera Melos (7/10)

I have known about Tera Melos for a while, but they were only recently brought back to my attention by another fan of experimental, free-thinking music. In fact, those two terms are ones I would first use to describe the music of this Sacramento-based band. Although Tera Melos are a post-rock band, or math rock, or whatever-you-want-to-call-it, there is a much more adventurous spirit in their music than the typical act of the genre that I'm used to hear. While Tera Melos would go to even further lengths of experimentalism in their music with further albums like 'Drugs To The Dear Youth', the self-titled debut meets an agreeable mix of pleasant sounds and unconventional writing.

Like many post/math rock acts, Tera Melos is almost entirely instrumental, and I can only imagine how someone would manage to fit vocals into this music. 'Tera Melos' is a very technical album, and while there are plenty of mellow guitar tones to enjoy on the album, the songwriting is like a tornado, picking up virtually everything it can get within its grasp, and run with it. Each of these tracks are called 'Melodies', an ironic name for the fact alone that most of these tracks have very little in the way of hooks or memorable melodies. Instead, each of these are chapters in a discordant, turbulent journey. Although Tera Melos never reaches the heaviness of metal, much of this music gets distorted and chaotic. To be honest, there are times on the album where things get a little too crazy and haphazard, and by the end of the album, it becomes that much less of a shock to hear the musicians constantly burst from mellow post-rock to pseudo-grindcore. Both the heavy and lighter elements of the band are highly impressive, although the band's forte is with their technical sensibilities.

'Tera Melos' is about as challenging as post-rock will get, and softer-leaning fans of the genre will probably turn their noses in disgust when they hear how bloody manic this thing gets. As someone who has long been looking for something fresh in my post-rock intake, 'Tera Melos' does the trick. Viciously technical, discordant, and just a little bit beautiful.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#584462) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 07, 2011

4 stars Tera Melos- My Formal introduction to Math Rock After attending a camp at University of Michigan over the summer, I made a few friends, and one of them introduced me to Tera Melos. I hadn't actually had a chance to hear anything by them before I left, but I remember going onto a myspace ... (read more)

Report this review (#155506) | Posted by heyitsthatguy | Saturday, December 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TERA MELOS "Tera Melos"