FLY PAPER

Tiles Fly Paper album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy TILES Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Hide In My Shadow (5:43)
2. Sacred & Mundane (5:28)
3. Back & Forth (6:02)
4. Landscrape (4:33)
5. Markers (6:57)
6. Dragons, Dreams & Daring Deeds (8:08)
7. Crowded Emptiness (4:07)
8. Hide & Seek (8:31)

Bonus track on initial pressing:
9. Passing Notes

- Matthew Parmenter / keyboards & vocals
- Nate Mills / vocals
- Alex Lifeson, Alannah Myles, Kim Mitchell, Hugh Syme, Sonya Mastick

SPV 79672 CD IOMCD 289

Thanks to grablesky for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TILES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TILES Fly Paper Music

Presents of MindPresents of Mind
Magna Carta 1999
Fly PaperFly Paper
Inside Out Music 2008
Crashing Tiles - Safire New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.03 Buy It Now 4h 59m
TILES - Window Dressing (CD) NEW SEALED US $14.25 Buy It Now 11h 58m
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE:Tiles:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $27.07 Buy It Now 19h 11m
MUD- 7"Single -Nite On The Tiles/Time And Again US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
TILES - 'TILES' 1994 3-TRACK ALBUM SAMPLER CASSETTE TAPE PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $1.62 [0 bids]
Fly Paper [Bonus Track] by Tiles (CD, Jan-2008, Inside Out Music) Germany US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Babylonian Tiles Green Midnight Glow CD St Thomas Records US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Tiles - Presents of Mind US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Tiles - Window Dressing (Special Edition w/Bonus CD (Live Bootleg from Dream Th US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Fence the Clear [Bonus Tracks] by Tiles (CD, Mar-2004, Inside Out Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tiles - Presents of Mind (CD 1999) BONUS TRACKS US $29.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Babylonian Tiles,NEW CD,Teknicolour Aftermath US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
@ CD Tiles - Window Dressing - INSIDEOUT MUSIC RECORDS 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CD ZUG IZLAND IsLaNd CRACKED TILES ICP/TWIZTID RARE!!! #G# READ!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JOAN BAEZ--JOB LOT X2 SINGLES--SEE DESCRIPTION FOR TILES US $1.62 [0 bids]
Teknicolour Aftermath - Babylonian Tiles (CD 2001) ROCK US $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Tiles Debut SEALED 1995 CD Marillion Twelfth Night Jadis Pallas Yes Pink Floyd US $15.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Tiles - Window Dressing [CD New] US $15.04 Buy It Now 5 days
TILES - WINDOW DRESSING NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 5 days
TILES - WINDOW DRESSING - NEW CD US $12.06 Buy It Now 6 days
Led Zeppelin Mexican Picture Sleeve EP Immigrant Song,Out On The Tiles,Tangerine US $47.95 Buy It Now 6 days
MUD . NITE ON THE TILES . 1976 . EXCELLENT + US $8.09 [0 bids]
Tiles : Window Dressing (Standard Edition) CD (2004) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Mud(7" Vinyl P/S)Nite On The Tiles-Private Stock-PVT 80-UK-VG/VG US $8.09 Buy It Now 7 days
MUD Nite on The Tiles UK 7" 45 US $9.65 Buy It Now 7 days
TILES - FENCE THE CLEAR [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $15.61 Buy It Now 8 days
TILES - FENCE THE CLEAR CD SLIPCASE +4 BONUS TRACKS RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tiles [CD New] US $13.35 Buy It Now 8 days
FRACTION - HEROES / TILES 10" VINYL - FAITH & HOPE RECORDS 2005 US $3.23 Buy It Now 8 days
TILES - OFF THE FLOOR NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 8 days
BABYLONIAN TILES - Teknicolour Aftermath (CD 2001) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TILES - Tiles CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tiles - Fence The Clear [CD New] US $14.67 Buy It Now 8 days
TILES - WINDOW DRESSING (LTD) NEW CD US $26.41 Buy It Now 8 days
TILES - OFF THE FLOOR [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 9 days
Tiles - Fence The Clear CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 9 days
TILES - FENCE THE CLEAR - BONUS TRACKS (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 9 days
TILES - TILES - BONUS TRACKS (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 9 days
Tiles - Off The Floor [CD New] US $15.20 Buy It Now 9 days
@ CD Tiles - Fence The Clear PROG METAL INSIDEOUT MUSIC 1997 US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Off the Floor, Vol. 2 by Tiles (CD, Jun-2014) US $18.04 Buy It Now 9 days
Chian Productions 2 Sampler CDs - Rick Ray Band, Syzygy, Slick Flus, Tiles US $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW - Cracked Tiles by Zug Izland US $58.64 Buy It Now 9 days
TILES - TILES CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MUD - NITE ON THE TILES 7" VINYL US $7.28 Buy It Now 10 days
THE TILES I Can't Sleep At Night / I Let Her Be UGLY THINGS 7" single US $14.00 Buy It Now 10 days
TILES s/t JAPAN CD b019 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE:Tiles:T-shirt NEW:LARGE ONLY US $27.07 Buy It Now 11 days
GALLIANO "Roofing Tiles" 5 Tracks House Acid Jazz Trip Hop 1996 MAXI-CD !!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
BABYLONIAN TILES "TEKNICOLOUR AFTERMATH" CD 2000 pangea sealed US $5.10 Buy It Now 11 days
Safire - Crashing Tiles [CD New] US $17.23 Buy It Now 11 days
TILES - TILES (CD 1994) Orig. issue Kevin Chown Prog US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Galliano - Roofing Tiles (4 trk CD / Prince of Peace Rmx / Listen) US $8.09 Buy It Now 12 days
MUD - Nite On The Tiles 7" 1976 Ex Private Stock PVT80 US $6.47 Buy It Now 12 days
TILES PRESENTS OF MIND special edition US $26.99 Buy It Now 12 days
TILES (RUSH) - "Fly Paper" CD 2008 SEALED 1st GERMAN w/ Alex Lifeson US $24.88 Buy It Now 12 days
Babylonian Tiles Teknicolour Aftermath CD *SEALED* US $1.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Tiles / ST JAPAN Dream Theater Queensryche A US $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Tiles - Tiles New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.71 Buy It Now 13 days
Psychedelic Darkwave Gothic Teknicolour Aftermath by Babylonian Tiles US $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
CD ZUG IZLAND IsLaNd CRACKED TILES ICP/HOK RARE/NR MINT!! US $37.99 Buy It Now 13 days
SAFIRE - CRASHING TILES NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 13 days
TILES - OFF THE FLOOR 02 NEW CD US $29.38 Buy It Now 13 days
The Stray Cats - On The Tiles - CD - FASTPOST US $11.34 Buy It Now 14 days
GALLIANO roofing tiles CD 4 track part 1 b/w instrumental, price of peace attica US $8.09 Buy It Now 14 days
Tiles-Window Dressing CD FREE SHIPPING US $11.85 Buy It Now 14 days
TILES - TILES [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $10.38 Buy It Now 15 days
Aube - Set On CD NEW Ltd ed in tiles japanese nosie ambient merzbow kk null US $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
THE TILES I Can't Sleep At Night / I Let Her Be 7" NEW 60s GARAGE US $12.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Teknicolour Aftermath by Babylonian Tiles BRAND NEW US $1.79 Buy It Now 16 days
Window Dressing [Bonus Disc] [Slipcase] by Tiles (CD, May-2004, 2 Discs,... US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
BABYLONIAN TILES -Teknicolour Aftermath ,- Brand New Factory Sealed US $0.99 Buy It Now 17 days
BABYLONIAN TILES Teknicolour Aftermath CD Psych Goth Pop Rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MUD - Nite on the tiles - 1976 UK 7" Vinyl single US $16.20 Buy It Now 17 days
Babylonian Tiles : Teknicolour Aftermath CD (2001) US $3.97 Buy It Now 17 days
Under the Sun S/T SEALED 2000 USA Magna Carta CD Magellan Cairo Enchant Tiles US $27.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Kiss Logo Tiles Boxed Gift Mug Cup NEW BNIB GREAT GIFT US $11.27 Buy It Now 18 days
CD Teknicolour Aftermath Babylonian Tiles US $4.00 Buy It Now 18 days
TILES: Tiles [Special Edition] Audio CD NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
MUD nite on the tiles 7" promo b/w time and again (pvt80) uk private stock 1976 US $8.09 Buy It Now 19 days
MUD nite on the tiles 7" b/w time and again (6078456) pic slv german philips 197 US $8.09 Buy It Now 19 days
Off the Floor - Tiles New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $23.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Tiles - Window Dressing CD Pop Rock US $18.53 Buy It Now 20 days
Tiles Bonus Tracks Rmst Spec CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 20 days
Tiles - Window Dressing Ltd CD US $21.63 Buy It Now 20 days
TILES - WINDOW DRESSING [BONUS DISC] [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.97 Buy It Now 21 days
Tiles - Window Dressing [CD New] US $16.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Tiles [Bonus Tracks] by Tiles (CD, Mar-2004, Inside Out Music) US $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Fence the Clear [Bonus Tracks] by Tiles (CD, Mar-2004, Inside Out Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Window Dressing [Bonus Disc] [Slipcase] by Tiles (CD, May-2004, 2 Discs,... US $9.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Stray Cats : On the Tiles CD (1998) US $10.18 Buy It Now 21 days
TILES -WINDOW DRESSING [Bonus Disc] (2-CD, 2004, Inside Out) Christian Prog Rock US $16.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Window Dressing - Tiles New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.71 Buy It Now 22 days
Tiles,CD,Kevin Chown,Tiles US $12.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Babylon Tiles 90s ROCK 45 Rain People / No One Now 1994 US $8.98 Buy It Now 22 days
Advert 8x12 Mud : Night On The Tiles Single US $12.97 Buy It Now 22 days
BABYLONIAN TILES - TEKNICOLOUR AFTERMATH - NEW CD US $1.78 Buy It Now 22 days
CLASSIC ROCK PROG - 13 - AGENTS OF MERCY- TILES- SOFT MACHINE- ETC-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Presents of Mind by Tiles (CD, Jun-1999, Magna Carta) US $11.99 Buy It Now 22 days

More places to buy TILES music online Buy TILES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TILES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TILES Fly Paper ratings distribution

TILES Fly Paper reviews

Review by avestin
3 stars More of the same? Well it sure has the Tile's recognition "seal"; a main theme, chorus part and main theme again structure. Early 80's Rush is easily an influence/reference here as well.

Tiles can do much more. It is as if they're limiting themselves to playing without crossing the safety border of acceptable, accessible rock. There's not much variation, not much shift in style or sound, in the sense that it sounds "samey" after a while. There is no standout track, no special moment that makes me glad I listened to this. There's no attempt at making this interesting or challenging. Not challenging in an avant-garde sort of way, but give more life to the songs, introduce interesting and unexpected turns and twists (those can be melodic; nothing weird has to be done). Markers, which is the 5th song, comes close to this, and yet doesn't fully reach it as well. But a song like Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds, could be developed into more than it is. Hide and Seek, that last track (I don't have the ninth track that appears on the early release) is also one that shows that they can certainly achieve a more interesting result, but again it is not fulfilled. In addition it ends in a fast fadeout that doesn't add to the song, nor does it serve as a good album closer.

This is not to say the songs are bad or not enjoyable, not at all; it's just that there's nothing new under the Tiles sun. It is the same old story, same pattern, same result. I guess that devoted Tiles fans will find merits to this album and will probably like it. I will not recommend them to not get it, as I feel they'll have a sentiment of reward from listening to it. It is just that I (as someone who likes their previous albums) am somewhat bored by it, not thrilled from listening to it, and prefer to invest my time and money in other albums. Only two songs here did manage to get my attention - Sacred & Mundane and Markers. All the others, are to me uninspired and just don't manage to do what other albums I like do; that is "grab my neurons and make my brain shake".

This is too bad as I had hopes they'll progress and continue with the spark that marked their Presents of Mind album and the experimentation done in Window Dressing. I feel disappointed with this release and would not advise to someone unfamiliar with the band to start with this one. Instead go for Presents Of Mind or Fence The Clear. As for fans of the band, I can't recommend this album. I feel this is a step down, or rather regression from the path they should have chosen, as I see it.

2.5-3 in PA scale.

Send comments to avestin (BETA) | Report this review (#159883) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2008

Review by Menswear
3 stars You can't always get what you want.

Okay, one of my favorite bands period. Tiles came out in the early 90's, when Rush started on the slippery slide. But their main strenght is to me, to bring back a certain atmosphere and sound of the good Rush era with panache and lots of technique. With Presents of Mind and topped with Window Dressing, they had going on in the heavy-but-not-so-easy-listening-prog, no doubt about it...then 'splat'?!?

Oh yeah, 'splat' indeed. The album feels like a joke that fell flat on it's face.... you look around, nobody's laughing. The crowd waits for a better one, and the pressure's on you to be funnier next time.

It hurts to write about it, but I have to be fair: this album is wishy-washy. Despite the fact that I'm a (big) fan, the songs are 'naked' when comparing to before. The songs lack drum and bass guitar fireworks (Landscrapes...ugh), and the complexity level is not as high; honestly, the whole thing feels rushed...but they tooked their time to do it, so what's the gag?!

Hopefully some tracks hit the spot like Hide in My Shadow with it's good chorus and Markers' middle time changes. Crowed emptiness is a cute song with a summer feeling and Alex Lifeson is doing wonders in Sacred and Mundane, saving the song from beind just there.

Tiles is capable of so much better, I know it!

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#174124) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 16, 2008

3 stars I've been listening to "Fly Paper" longer than I usually would a cd before reviewing it, hoping it would turn into a 4 star rating for me, but no. I've been trying to put my finger on the reason why without having any success so I put on one of my favourites from them, the amazing "Fence The Clear" to see if that would shed some light. It did. First of all this one isn't nearly as powerful or heavy as "Fence The Clear" but for me the main reason is that the songs just aren't as good. Now I have to say that there are some great songs on here, but there are also some that for me sound either too straight forward or i'm just not that fond of them.

"Hide In My Shadow" is a fantastic opener with the guitar grinding away as drums and bass pound away. It settles before a minute then vocals join in.The contrast continues. I just love the way this song sounds. Gotta love the bass as the guitar rips it up. "Sacred & Mundane" opens with mandolin followed by a heavy soundscape courtesy of Alex Lifeson. Apparently he spent 8-9 hours or so working on this guitar soundscape with Terry Brown. It comes and goes throughout.This is the first time they (Brown & Lifeson) worked together in about 20 years ! Something about the actual sound of this song doesn't seem right. I mean the vocals with the guitar soundscape. Maybe it's just me but right from the first listen i've felt that. Anyway you can tell it's Lifeson here. Check out the guitar before 2 1/2 minutes as the bass throbs, the drumming that follows is incredible. Good song. "Back & Forth" is fairly straight forward. Best part is the drum solo before 4 1/2 minutes followed by a guitar solo. Not a fan of the song though.

"Landscrape" still doesn't work for me. I like the heaviness, but the song itself i'm not a fan of. "Markers" is a top three track for me. Love the mellotron early (thanks to Matthew Parmenter) with the percussion. Reserved vocals come in.I like the guitar that comes in it reminds me of the sound on the OPETH album "Damnation". Check it out ! The song kicks in before 2 1/2 minutes. Nice. The guitar grinds away and the vocals are passionate. Amazing sound. This is more like it. The guitar lights it up before 6 1/2 minutes. "Dragons, Dreams & Daring Deeds" opens with riffs and chunky bass, I like the vocal melodies that come and go. Drums really shine too.The guitar comes in around 2 minutes.The chorus is much fuller than the verses. Kim Mitchell offers up a guitar solo before 6 minutes and proceeds to set the soundscape on fire.

"Crowded Emptiness" is again a fairly straight forward and positive sounding track. It's ok. It does features some keyboards, orchestration and choir from Hugh Syme who of course did the excellent cover art on this album. "Hide & Seek" is a nice heavy and aggressive tune.There is a calm with mellotron courtesy of Matthew Parmenter again 3 1/2 minutes in. Love the sound a minute later as it gets quite heavy. A nice guitar solo as the bass goes deep and then they seem to jam.

Better than "Window Dressing" overall in my opinion, but it doesn't touch the glory of "Fence The Clear" or "Presents Of Mind".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#195294) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars It's unusual for me, but I found myself in similar situation as sinkadotentree, where I didn't get "into" it for the first time, so I've tried it again. Then various tracks, one at time (not two, of course) and then again whole album.

I have to say that I still have creeps from this track: 6. Dragons, Dreams & Daring Deeds (8:08) (completely with tracknumber and time, hehe), purely from rattling sound (snakes ? dragons are supposed to be evolved from them, but are these snakes just rattlesnakes ?) which is here. First to be heard at 2:36 and then continuously (weird word, but hell, these are weird thoughts). I don't know why, but I can't stay calm while listening this song. And this all thanks to this song. It's good thing sometimes. I suppose I'll just gather some friends and we'll make brave stand together. Hehe, imagine ten people standing in a row (or circle, triangle or even something wild, line square. Yep, let's stick with square, it's absolutely crazy. Or maybe it is not), listening this song, waiting for first snake rattling sound. It always comes and you can't prepare for it so much.

Oh, and music is good, Marty out.

4(-), this story I just written (upper paragraph, or what is it) helped me to understand this album better. Remember, when someone can give album 5 star and different person 2- star rating, it's all in your head). Oh, I had this album in my collection for some time and todays thread reminded me it. It really reminds me late Rush (Snakes & Arrows,

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#258508) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Latest album to date of this intrsting heavy prog band from USA, issued in 2008 and named Fly pare is another winner in their catalogue. At first listning was almost the same as on previous albums, musicaly speaking, but nevertheless good, this album has Tiles trade mark for sure but again like on Window dresing they are stuck in some lacking moments in their career when they are not able to surpass this period. Not a bad album , Sacred & Mundane is a killer piece , the guitar works are excellent featuring as guest Alex Lifson, if all the pieces were sounded like this one then the album were from my side almost 5 stars, but unfortunatly is diffrent..... Matthew Parmenter is again on the album doing some vocal parts and keybords, the result is more then ok. So overall , good, nothing groundbreaking here like on Presents of mind or Fence the clear but is a pleasent album that worth to be heared. 3 stars for sure, great cover art again. I'm waiting now for a new release from this great band , is no 3 years since this album was released.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#540681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 03, 2011

Post a review of TILES "Fly Paper"