After Forever

After Forever Decipher album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Ex Cathedra (2:02)
2. Monolith of Doubt (3:32)
3. My Pledge of Allegiance - The Sealed Fate (6:24)
4. Emphasis (4:20)
5. Intrinsic (6:44)
6. Zenith (4:21)
7. Estranged (A Timeless Spell) (6:56)
8. Imperfect Tenses (4:07)
9. My Pledge of Allegiance #2 - The Tempted Fate (5:07)
10. The Key (4:48)

- Sander Gommans / guitar
- Luuk van Gerven / bass
- Lando van Gils / keyboards
- Andre Borgman / drums

CD Transmission Records (2001)

Thanks to The T for the addition

AFTER FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AFTER FOREVER Decipher Music

Decipher: The Album & The SessionsDecipher: The Album & The Sessions
Transmission NL 2011
Decipher: The Album & The Sessions (Special Edition) by After Forever (2011-12-13)Decipher: The Album & The Sessions (Special Edition) by After Forever (2011-12-13)
Transmission Records
Decipher-Collector's EditionDecipher-Collector's Edition
PID 2007
Audio CD$26.21 (used)

More places to buy AFTER FOREVER music online Buy AFTER FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

AFTER FOREVER Decipher ratings distribution

AFTER FOREVER Decipher reviews

Review by Bonnek
Bonnek avatar
3 stars You wouldn't think that a faceless band like After Forever would deem it necessary to continue making records after the unnecessary debut, but their kind of gothic opera metal was a very popular style around 2000 and you know, even musicians need some food on the table.

The formula is similar to the debut but the execution is a lot better. The annoying male grunts are pushed further back in the mix and they hired a real drummer to kick some life into their operatic metal. Generally the playing is tight and to the point, nothing exceptional but functional enough to support the songs.

The bigger reliance on Nightwish and Therion pomposity has replaced their Gathering leanings. While that doesn't really sound like a good idea, the result is actually better then the debut. I'd even say this is a decent album in this style of music and I tend to give it an occasional spin when I'm giving the vacuum cleaner a ride around the house.

From what I've heard the quality of the ensuing albums went down again after this one so if you want to check them out, I'd recommend you to give this a spin, especially if you're into the bands I've thrown at you here. 3.5 stars.

4 stars If the first album, the compositions were in the hands of "Mark Jansen" and "Floor Jansen", now we can say that the band composed the album. "Decipher" ripening shows generally the band. "Andre Borgman" in place of "Joep Beckers", "Lando van Gils" in place of "Jack Driessen". Following the example ... (read more)

Report this review (#759182) | Posted by Vobiscum | Saturday, May 26, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is in my opinion one of the defining masterpieces of gothic metal. This album is more of a modern fast paced gothic style, while their debut was in more of a slower old-school gothic style, although they both strongly feature symphonic elements. This album is less atmospheric and more ... (read more)

Report this review (#200622) | Posted by Nuke | Sunday, January 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AFTER FOREVER "Decipher"