AMNÉSIE

Lazuli Amnésie  album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy LAZULI Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Une Ombre au Tableau (3:19)
2. Un Automne (3:37)
3. Chansons Nettes (2:30)
4. Rien d'Important (3:54)
5. Mal de Chien (4:12)
6. Nos Voix se mélangent (5:49)
7. Naif (4:11)

- Marc Almeras / guitar
- Dominique Leonetti / vocals, guitar
- Yohan Siméon / percussions, métalophone
- Frédéric Juan / marimba, vibes, percussions

Thanks to Ricochet for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

LAZULI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LAZULI Amnésie Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Tant Que L'Herbe Est GrasseTant Que L'Herbe Est Grasse
L'Abeille Rôde
4603 Battements4603 Battements
L'Abeille Rôde

More places to buy LAZULI music online Buy LAZULI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LAZULI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LAZULI Amnésie ratings distribution

LAZULI Amnésie reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars At about two years ago a friend told me that he had discovered an amazing new French band that sounded very original, it was Lazuli and he borrowed me a live DVD (I will ask him to borrow it again to me for a review). This turned out to be a perfect introduction to the wonderful and very varied sound of Lazuli, if there has ever been a band that deserved to be put into the category Eclectic Prog on Prog Archives, it's Lazuli!

Their sound reminds me of Peter Gabriel during the captvating era of his fourth album, due to the blend of modern sounding samples and the ethnic instruments like the Indian 'bansuri' (a bamboo flute), the Armenian 'doudouk' (a flute that sounds like a clarinet), the Arabian 'oud' (a kind of lute) and percussion like the marimba, vibraphone, mealophone, djembe and tabla. I also enjoyed the work on acoustic guitars or suddenly fiery electric guitar runs, very original! Some tracks contain a very compelling sound that is loaded with a lush strings-sound, to me this evokes the exciting composition Kashimir by Led Zeppelin (a great blend of rock and ethnic).

I am delighted about Lazuli and I consider it too as a perfect example of good collaboration between the original citizens (the French) and the immigrants (from Nothern Africa), this is the way it should be, music unites! Recommended to especially the fans of world music Peter Gabriel and fans of progressive folk.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#155560) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2007

2 stars Other than the first track I really have a hard time with this one. It is different with the electronic vibe and the constant minimalistic music throughout.The French vocals don't do a lot for me although they aren't an issue. A lot of drums, percussion and acoustic guitars on this one.This probably deserves 3 stars but I just can't get into it at all, so I recommend this to fans only. I hear their next one is much better though. Please check ths one out though as some seem to think it's a great album, just not in my little world.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#175550) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Since this French band will open the concert of Riverside in my home country in December, I decided to have a look at it. Pure curiosity. Don't expect out of the world lyrics like several other bands from France. They aren't weak but rather conventional. This album is hard to catalogue: from complex French chanson with an undeniable charm which is mainly due to the good percussion work ("Naïf", and "Naïf 2").

The music from this album is very close to world music, mainly due to the origin of some rare instruments that are used. Still, this characteristic is also saving some tracks to be just average ("Un Automne" for example which features some fine marimba).

Several tracks sounds very much Middle-Eastern ("Chansons Nettes", "Rien D' Important" or"Merci") but none of them can really be considered as great songs.

One of my favourite song from this album is "Mal De Chien". It is a nice symphonic ballad, which features again some smooth marimba (this instrument is widely used on this album) and a powerful and dark second half.

There is a live track available as well. Again the Eastern influences during "Nos Voix Se Mélangent" is present. The chorus though is very catchy and emotional, and in terms of "voix" (voice), the lead singer is performing quite well here. The crescendo finale is pretty bombastic and very effective. It is another highlight here.

The band is also exploring almost each season of the year. "Un Hiver" features great percussion, but the overall mood sounds too much the same at this time of the recording. Press next to avoid the spring "Un Printemps". These tracks belong to the weaker part of the album (including "Un Eté").

The most Crimsonesque song is by no doubt the dark "L' Impasse". The second half is particulary imposing but this seems to be a trade mark with Lazuli. A very good track.

"Amnésie" is hard to apprehend and requires a few listening to get into. But to be honest, I'm not a great fan of this world music oriented genre. I would say that this album is average. Five out of ten?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#186233) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 18, 2008

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars LAZULI are a French band formed in 1998 with an aim to create totally original and unique-sounding music.Their first,at least officialy,release ''Amnesie'' was published in 2004 and I would compare to AFTER CRYING in terms of musical approach,though their styles are surely different.LAZULI mix their love for ethnic and world music with light progressive rock and modern pop.The vocals are quite poppish and modern yet absolutely great,the ethnic orientation is strongly supported by a mass of unusual instrumentals from the four edges of the world (strange sounding flute- and mandolin- like instruments),while the intense presence of the Chapman stick adds an extra flavor of sounding obscurity.The music circle closes with some light electric guitars and distinctive,psychedelic percussion work.A very original record indeed from a super-talented new band!

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#211430) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 16, 2009

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Despite Lazuli creating a small surprise in the last two years with their slightly ethnic-laced light prog, the group had not started at all in that direction. Amnésie, their first album is from 2003 and it sounds a very different animal: an electric pop laced with some trip hop beats and plenty of effects. There are few interesting things the proghead might catch at first glance, like the use of a Chapman stick, 12-strings guitars, many electronic doodlings, a few deep ambiances and that most of the seven group members are multi-instrumentalist, plus a bunch of guests (including the sister and another brother of the two Leonetti brothers), but despite these facts most of the tracks remains desperately pop tracks of the kind that fills the French radio airwaves.

While some tracks might be appealing to just about anyone, don't go look for deep lyrics and anything but deeper songwriting. A faraway beast than that of its follow-up, Amnésie is best put aside to first start with En Avant Doute and maybe even waiting for the third one (coming up soon as I write this in Oct 09), Just a pop album, like those thousands flooding the planet, neither good nor bad, Amnésie might just as well suffer from your own amnesia about its existence.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#244582) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 14, 2009

5 stars Having heard Lazuli's latest CD "En Avant Doute" I was quite eager to get their previous record, "Amnesie" as well and... discovered that it was almost impossible to buy! Finally I managed to get it from the French Amazon store and feel really happy about it, because I find this album even more ... (read more)

Report this review (#155911) | Posted by Pampa | Wednesday, December 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LAZULI "Amnésie "