GREATEST HITS

Blood Sweat & Tears

Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits album cover

Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1972

1. You've Made Me So Very Happy (4:18)
2. I Can't Quit Her (3:38)
3. Go Down Gamblin' (4:14 )
4. Hi-De-Ho (4:27)
5. Sometimes In Winter (3:09)
6. And When I Die (4:05)
7. Spinning Wheel (4:06)
8. Lisa, Listen To Me (2:58)
9. I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (5:57)
10. Lucretia Mac Evil (3:04)
11. God Bless the Child (5:52)
12. So Long Dixie*
13. More And More*

Search BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits lyrics

Search BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits tabs

- Name / guitars
- Name / drums
- Dave Bargeron / trombone, tuba, bass trombone, baritone horn, acoustic bass
- Randy Brecker / trumpet, flugelhorn
- David Clayton-Thomas / lead vocals, guitar (on 3)
- Bobby Colomby / drums, percussion, vocals
- Jim Fielder / bass
- Dick Halligan / organ, piano, electric piano, harpsichord, celeste, trombone, flute, alto flute, baritone horn, vocals
- Jerry Hyman / trombone, bass trombone, recorder
- Steve Katz / electric guitar, acoustic guitar, harmonica, mandolin, vocals, lead vocals (on 5)
- Fred Lipsius / alto saxophone, piano, organ, clarinet, vocals
- Lew Soloff /trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet
- Jerry Weiss / trumpet, flugelhorn, vocals
- Chuck Winfield / trumpet, flugelhorn

LP Columbia (USA 1972)
CD Sony B00000I7HL (1999)
CD reissue contains remastered full-length album version tracks, vinyl contains single edits. CD contains two bonus tracks.

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to clarke2001 for the last updates

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits Music

Raw Breed Blood, Sweat & Tears Album Sampler LP PRO-A-8872 1997 *PROMO* US $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 38s
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - SUPER HITS NEW CD US $11.32 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS CD - GREATEST HITS [REMASTERED](1999) - NEW UNOPENED US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Shaliek - Blood Sweat Tears (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $11.57 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits Lp Record Album f1 Columbia PC 31170 US $3.79 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - 1974 - "Self Titled" US $4.79 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - 1977 - "Brand New Day" US $4.79 [0 bids]
BLOOD,SWEAT & TEARS SELF TITLED US $7.99 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears - 3, 180 Gram Vinyl LP US $42.63 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits (CD, 1984, CBS CK 31170) very nice US $4.00 Buy It Now 9h 7m
MASTERSOUND CD *SEALED Blood Sweat & Tears * Child is Father To The Man GOLD US $72.00 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Blood Sweat & Tears Promo 45 RPM 1972 So long Dixie ( stereo / mono ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Blood, Sweat & Tears Child is Father CBS Mastersound Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER US $62.00 Buy It Now 10h 15m
record LP columbia artist blood,sweat & tears US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Blood Sweat & Tears New Blood 1972 Columbia KC-31780 Rock LP Insert Strong VG+ US $13.49 Buy It Now 11h
Blood Sweat & Tears BS&T4 1971 Columbia KC-30590 Rock Poster Attached VG+ US $13.49 Buy It Now 11h
Blood Sweat & Tears No Sweat 1973 Columbia KC-32180 Rock LP Insert Strong VG+ US $12.59 Buy It Now 11h
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits 1980 RE Columbia PC31170 Rock Vinyl LP VG++ US $13.49 Buy It Now 11h
Blood Sweat & Tears What Goes Up The Best Of 32 Track Very Good Condition 2 CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 2m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS, NEW BLOOD - UK LP S 65252 US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 6m
LP - BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 1st - You've Made Me So...VG US $3.50 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Blood, Sweat & Tears - New Blood - some great musicians on this record - NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears, Ace Hood, New US $14.10 Buy It Now 11h 45m
The Collection [Sony/Columbia] by Blood, Sweat & Tears (CD, Dec-2003) Mint #BA24 US $12.56 Buy It Now 11h 45m
VINTAGE BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS, BRAND NEW DAY, 33 RPM ALBUM US $7.49 Buy It Now 11h 48m
VINTAGE BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 3, 33 RPM ALBUM US $7.49 Buy It Now 11h 48m
VINTAGE BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 33 RPM ALBUM US $5.24 Buy It Now 11h 48m
VERY GOOD - Live by Blood, Sweat & Tears (CD, Feb-1994, Avenue (Rhino)) US $3.11 [1 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS GREATEST HITS VINYL LP COLUMBIA VG NICE COPY US $1.00 [0 bids]
Blood Sweat & Tears Child is Father to Man LP VG+ 360 Sound Labels 1st US Press US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Vintage Record Album Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits 1972 US $9.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - GREATEST HITS CASSETTE IN MINT COND!!! / CHICAGO/ BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
CHICAGO- TAKE ME BACK TO CHICAGO CASSETTE MIND COND!!! / / BLOOD,SWEAT US $13.04 [0 bids]
CHICAGO- GREATEST HITS, VOL. 2 CASSETTE MIND COND!!! / / BLOOD,SWEAT US $13.04 [0 bids]
CHICAGO- VIII CASSETTE MIND COND!!! / / BLOOD,SWEAT & TEARS/ DOOBIE BROTHERS US $13.04 [0 bids]
CHICAGO- IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW CASSETTE MIND COND / BLOOD,SWEAT US $13.04 [0 bids]
Rock 45 - Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel - 1969 US $0.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS ALONE DIXIE NM 7 in 45rpm SLSR 48 US $2.00 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits Reel To Reel Tape 3 3/4 IPS 4 Track US $19.99 [0 bids]
Blood Sweat & Tears Reel To Reel Tape 3 3/4 IPS 4 Track Columbia Spinning Wheel US $24.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS COWBOYS AND INDIANS NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSE 347 ACL US $2.00 Buy It Now 14h 9m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE NM INTL SHIP VEG 36 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 14h 27m
5 CDs Relive your fab past with Elvis, Beach Boys, Blood Sweat & Tears, Tom Rush US $4.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS BLUES PART II YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY 4-44776 US $2.31 Buy It Now 14h 34m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS AND WHEN I DIE SOMETIMES WINTE NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 284 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 14h 42m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS SO LONG DIXIE NM INTL SHIP veg 35 ac US $5.19 Buy It Now 14h 42m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS YOU'RE THE ONE HEAVY BLUE NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 285 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 14h 42m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS HI-DE-HO BATTLE NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSE 345 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 14h 45m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS YESTERDAY'S MUSIC NM 45RPM INTL SHIP VEK 63 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS ROLLER COASTER INNER CRISIS NM 45RPM 7IN INTL SHIP veg 39 acl US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS LUCRETIA'S REPRISE NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 287 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 15h 5m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 288 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 15h 5m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS VALENTINE'S DAY NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 286 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 15h 5m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS VELVET I CAN'T MOVE NO MOUNTAINS NM INTL SHIP VEG 38 ACL US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 10m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS "Spinning Wheel" "More and More" 45 in excellent condition US $2.50 Buy It Now 15h 31m
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS SOMEBODY I TRUSTED BLUE NM! 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEF 147 ACL US $71.49 Buy It Now 15h 33m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS "3", 8-Track tape, 1970 US $3.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Columbia 4-44776 Blood Sweat & Tears You've Made me So Very Happy / Blues Part 2 US $7.48 Buy It Now 15h 49m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS A BRAND NEW DAY VINYL LP RECORD 1977 Perfect US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 3m
VG+ BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS LUCRETIA MAC EVIL/LUCRETIA'S REPRISE 45 RPM COLUMBIA US $2.98 Buy It Now 16h 26m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS STEREO RECORD ALBUM (2nd ALBUM SPINNING WHEEL ) US $2.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS,1969 VINTAGE& RARE,EXC-COND,STEREO CS9720,COLUMBIA, US $25.50 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Blood Sweat Tears Lp Vintage Original Columbia 2 Eye Red Label US $8.99 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears More Than Ever Columbia ?PC 34233 NM/VG+ US $3.74 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears* ?- No Sweat Label: Columbia ?- KC 32180 US $3.74 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears* Featuring David Clayton-Thomas ?New City PC 3348 VG+/VG US $3.74 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears - LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHICAGO & BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS Live Toronto '69/Live Frankfurt '80 U.S. 1986 CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY CASH blood sweat & tears CBS LP Laminated sleeve A2/B2 MONO BPG 62119! US $25.59 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Blood, Sweat & Tears [Deluxe Edition] by Ace Hood (CD) - Bonuses ( lot ) ... US $0.99 [1 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 4 - NEW CD US $9.49 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Blood,Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits 8 track tape tested US $3.50 Buy It Now 18h 13m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Self-titled LP VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
AL KOOPER And BLOOD,SWEAT & TEARS--RARE Cardboard LP Sampler--Plays Great--1969 US $4.95 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: And When I Die/Sometimes in Winte US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Go Down Gamblin'/Valentine's Day (rock vinyl CANADA) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Hi-De-Ho/The Battle (rock vinyl 45 CANADA) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Spinning Wheel/More & More (rock vinyl 45 CANADA) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Lucretia Mac Evil/Lucretia's Reprise (rock VG++ vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Blood Sweat Tears Record LPMirror Image PROMO rock SHRINK and inner sticker NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS 3 LP Budget Vinyl VG / VG Free Combined Ship $25+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 47m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS s/t ROCK LP COLUMBIA 360 Sound 2 eye US $7.00 [0 bids]
8 track tape, Blood, Sweat & Tears, 3 US $3.00 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS Tell Me That I'm Wrong TEST PRESS US $45.00 Buy It Now 19h 3m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 45 Columbia-45477 "Lisa, Listen To Me" VG++! US $2.00 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Greatest Hits rock vinyl US $14.00 Buy It Now 19h 9m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Mirror Image rock vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Blood, Sweat & Tears Child Is Father To The Man LP NM/NM 1968 1st Press US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Johnny Cash Blood Sweat & Tears LP 1st Press CL 1930 w/ Carter Family See Pics! US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS 2nd Album +2. Repertoire CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
COL-33484- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
ATL-4233- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS More Than Ever OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
COL-32929- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Mirror Image OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Self-title record album of Blood, Sweat & tears w\shrink and hit sticker cover US $7.99 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears 3 Reel to reel stereo tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
MCA-3227- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Nuclear Blues OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
COL-31780- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New Blood OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
COL-31170- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 20m
Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy / Spinning Wheel- Jukebox 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 20m
Vinyl Record 12" LP - Blood, Sweat & Tears - No Sweat - Gatefold Album US $3.25 Buy It Now 19h 23m

More places to buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS music online Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits ratings distribution

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars I listened to this album in the CD format several years ago. I even have it recorded in one cassette. I have to say that I`m not a Fan of this kind of music, but this band had very good quality as musicians, and the songs also have good quality too.This band had some hits which even in these days are played in Oldies Music FM radio stations in my city, particularly "Spinning Wheel", my favourite from them, and "You`ve Made Me So Very Happy", which is also a good song. Their music is similar in some ways to CHICAGO`s music, but I think that BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS was a better band than CHICAGO, less commercial, and with more influences from Jazz music. The arrangements are very good, but I can find some differences between the songs recorded with Al Kooper as singer and the songs recorded with David Clayton-Thomas as singer. With Clayton the band became more Jazz influenced, I think.

Being a "Greatest Hits" album relased in 1972 I think that it was a premature compilation, but this band then still had some original members. Years later the band`s name became like a franchise for other musicians who were not in the original line-up. I think that drummer Bobby Colomby is the owner of the name which he licenses to new musicians to work as BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS . Last year a TV channel here broadcasted a concert played by this band in the same year in a city in the north of my country. My opinion is that the musicians who use the name of the band in the present are still very good and they work very well to keep the name of the band in respect from their fans.

In conclusion, this compilation is very good for the people who never have listened to this band and wants to know it.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#155920) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Review by clarke2001
3 stars My first encounter with the music of BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS. And so far the only one - but this is saying more about my lazyiness than about my taste. I like this one. It's not the music to die for, but it's certainly pleasant. If you don't mind overall easy listening attitude and you're inclining towards jazz-rock, this might be for you.

Songs are warying from "not bad" to "great". They get a tad boring at the moments - some predictable r'n'b/soul/blues moments here and there, but most of the time it's just fine. At it's very best, this compilation contains some really cunning arrangemets, complex chords progressions, unusual solutions - but it's all brilliantly packed in the pop package. Another band that was able to blend two oppisite sides of music is QUEEN, and in fact I can imagine Freddie & Co. singing and playing some of the BS&T songs, such is "I Can't Quit Her". Withot the brass section of course. This is testifying the band's quality. But don't take this comparison too literaly because it might be misleading, two bands have nothing in common, that was only my impression.The band that could be compared - and often is - is CHICAGO. If you like it you may like this band as well, it's just more powerful and daring.

It seems that BS&T discography is hiding many more gems - that are much less pop oriented; it also seems that compilations are always on the poppier side. If so, this band is cetainly worth investigating; if you are fan of jazz-rock, 70's rock, or simply good music. I gave this one a spin after more than 5 years and yes, now it sounds "progressive" in my ears. There's a hint of MOODY BLUES in beautiful blues "I Love You More Than You Will Ever Now"...and a few other trick up the band's sleeve...some chord progression are simply a killer...while the main brass them remains quite simple. A sweet moment worth mentioning is in "Go Down Gamblin'", their hard rockin' tune: a tuba solo! Did you ever heard a tuba solo before?

For the end, I will mention "Sometimes In Winter": it's one of my top 10 most favourite songs of all times. It's beautiful. It's perfect. Flute, drums, melody. Vox organ.(?) Reverb. Some hippie feeling. Some melancholy. Great.

Well, if the band's catalogue is hiding one or perhaps two more songs that are just half as good as this one, and if they were equally daring and less mainstream in the early years, I'm more than willing to check BS&T's discography out. Because of overall poppy orientation of this compilation, I won't rare it with four stars, but this is really worth checking.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#155954) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Review by js (Easy Money)
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars This is a good jazz influenced pop record, but I don't think a lot of people would call this progressive rock. Instead BS&T, on this record at least, show that they have a lot in common with sophisticated jazz influenced pop artists such as Steely Dan and Paul Simon. Just like the other two mentioned artists, BS&T displays a broad knowledge of pop-jazz over several decades and seems to be influenced more by Hart/Rogers than Lennon/McCartney. Their strong point is their inventive use of a small brass/woodwind section that is cleverly arranged and thouroughly integrated into every tune. In this respect they are similar to 60s jazz composers who worked with small orchestral ensembles, such as Quincey Jones and Herbie Hancock.

The biggest problem with BS&T, is that even in their own decade, they always sounded like your parent's rock band. There is something about their flashy slick horn arrangements that conjures up images of swingin cats who work the Vegas scene when they aren't with Doc Severinson on Carson's Tonight Show. For example, dig this lyric; 'you always showed me that, lovin you is where it's at' ... groovy. In contrast, other rock bands with horn sections, such as early Chicago or Edgar Winter's White Trash, had just as much rock edge as the more guitar dominated bands of their era. I think the other problem with BS&T is vocalist David Clayton-Thomas. David is obviously a way better singer than your average bluesy shouter, but his style has more in common with Tom Jones than most rock singers.

There are two excellent tunes on this album that stand out from the others. Go Down Gamblin really rocks and is reminiscent of some of Buddy Miles' better material. The other song worth mentioning is Sometimes in Winter, a beautiful ballad with a very original melody and arrangement. BS&T's small orchestra approach really works well on this one.

This isn't a bad album, but if you want to hear some better progressive rock with horns try Chicago's first album, Earth Wind and Fire's futuristic jazz/RnB on Gratitude, or almost any of Billy Cobham's early albums (ironically enough, many of Cobham's records feature ex-BS&T trumpeter Randy Brecker). If you want to hear a totally different take on horn-driven rock check out King Crimson's avant-rock masterpiece Lizards. That's where it's at.

Send comments to js (Easy Money) (BETA) | Report this review (#172273) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 26, 2008

Post a review of BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS "Greatest Hits"