GREATEST HITS

Blood Sweat & Tears

Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits album cover

Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1972

1. You've Made Me So Very Happy (4:18)
2. I Can't Quit Her (3:38)
3. Go Down Gamblin' (4:14 )
4. Hi-De-Ho (4:27)
5. Sometimes In Winter (3:09)
6. And When I Die (4:05)
7. Spinning Wheel (4:06)
8. Lisa, Listen To Me (2:58)
9. I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (5:57)
10. Lucretia Mac Evil (3:04)
11. God Bless the Child (5:52)
12. So Long Dixie*
13. More And More*

Search BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits lyrics

Search BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits tabs

- Name / guitars
- Name / drums
- Dave Bargeron / trombone, tuba, bass trombone, baritone horn, acoustic bass
- Randy Brecker / trumpet, flugelhorn
- David Clayton-Thomas / lead vocals, guitar (on 3)
- Bobby Colomby / drums, percussion, vocals
- Jim Fielder / bass
- Dick Halligan / organ, piano, electric piano, harpsichord, celeste, trombone, flute, alto flute, baritone horn, vocals
- Jerry Hyman / trombone, bass trombone, recorder
- Steve Katz / electric guitar, acoustic guitar, harmonica, mandolin, vocals, lead vocals (on 5)
- Fred Lipsius / alto saxophone, piano, organ, clarinet, vocals
- Lew Soloff /trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet
- Jerry Weiss / trumpet, flugelhorn, vocals
- Chuck Winfield / trumpet, flugelhorn

LP Columbia (USA 1972)
CD Sony B00000I7HL (1999)
CD reissue contains remastered full-length album version tracks, vinyl contains single edits. CD contains two bonus tracks.

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to clarke2001 for the last updates

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits Music

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS ORIGINAL 1974 LP COLUMBIA VINYL RECORD SIS + STICKER PSYCH US $8.99 Buy It Now 44m 54s
Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits Record Club Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, Shrink US $12.80 Buy It Now 58m 8s
Blood Sweat & Tears - Greatest Hits CD US $11.81 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Blood Sweat & Tears - Collection CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Ace Hood - Blood Sweat & Tears CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Ace Hood - Blood Sweat & Tears CD UMGD/DEF JAM US $17.01 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Blood Sweat & Tears - Rare Rarer & Rarest CD US $15.53 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City CD US $15.85 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Blood Sweat & Tears 4 Rare Israeli 1st Press Diff Cover US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Blood Sweat & Tears - Child Is Father To The Man CD IMPEX RECORDS US $28.91 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Blood Sweat & Tears - Super Hits CD US $10.78 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Blood Sweat & Tears - Greatest Hits 180G Vinyl Record LP US $37.47 Buy It Now 2h 27m
ACE HOOD - BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 2h 39m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - AND WHEN I DIE 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - SPINNING WHEEL 7" VINYL US $9.32 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - SPINNING WHEEL / YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY 7" VINYL US $9.32 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits - LP Record - KC31170 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h
Blood Sweat & Tears - Greatest Hits LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS-LUCRETIA MAC EVIL/LUCRETIA'S REPRISE COLUMBIA 45235 NM 45 US $7.98 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Blood, Sweat & Tears on Columbia 45 7" Hi-De-Ho and The Battle - US $4.50 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - Greatest Hits 1972 CBS Cassette US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 40m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - Blood Sweat & Tears - 1970s issue UK 12-track LP US $42.42 Buy It Now 3h 49m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - SO LONG DIXIE - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Vintage Columbia Vinyl Record Album - Blood Sweat & Tears US $1.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS-NUCLEAR BLUES 1980 12" JAZZ ROCK US $6.77 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Blood, Sweat & Tears "New City" White Label PROMO US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 22m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS nuclear blues LP Mint- MCA-3227 Record 1980 w/Insert US $8.80 Buy It Now 4h 32m
7"-Single BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Spinning Wheel / And When I Die (1978) GERMANY PS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Blood, Sweat & Tears 'And When I Die/Sometimes In Winter' 45008 Columbia 1969 NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS ~ I CAN'T QUIT HER ~ 1968 UK PROMO 7" SINGLE ~ CBS 3563 US $26.31 Buy It Now 5h 38m
ACE HOOD - BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS (CLEAN) NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Blood Sweat & Tears [CD New] US $5.85 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Blood Sweat & Tears 2008 [Vinyl New] US $40.98 Buy It Now 6h 38m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS-S/T 3-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD LTD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 23m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS "AND WHEN I DIE" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Blood,Sweat & Tears 45 Blues-Part 2/You've Made Me So Very Happy Columbia US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits (CD, 1972 CBS CK31170) US $9.69 Buy It Now 8h 8m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS ride captain ride JAPAN 7" PROMO it SOPB354 US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 3 lp 1970 KC30090 US $2.59 [0 bids]
BLOOD ,SWEAT &TEARS~ Columbia LP CS9720~LP~Gate ~2 Eyes US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Rare, Rarer & Rarest CD 2013 compilation US $14.04 Buy It Now 8h 16m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 3 LP EX+/EX++ UK 1st 1970 A1/B1 CBS S64024 Gatefold US $13.58 Buy It Now 8h 47m
1970 UK Orig. "BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS 3" LP EX+ US $6.77 [0 bids]
NO SWEAT~Blood,Sweat & Tears~Columbia~Gate~Steambath LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 9h 11m
1974 UK Orig. BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS LP "MIRROR IMAGE" US $6.77 [1 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: Child Is Father To The Man LP (reissue) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Blood, Sweat & Tears by Blood, Sweat & Tears (Vinyl, 1969, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat, & Tears: B, S & T, Vol 3, LP, KC 30090, 1971, Columbia US $5.49 [0 bids]
LP Blood, Sweat & Tears New City US $3.49 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat, & Tears: B, S & T, Vol 4, LP, KC 30590, 1971, Columbia US $5.95 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT &TEARS "Child Is Father To The Man" LP STEREO Columbia CS 9619 US $3.99 [0 bids]
PRETTY THINGS Maggie Bell Blood Sweat & Tears Blue Jays interview Promo only US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 43m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - S/T, FL-1732 FIRST ASIAN PRESS US $12.00 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Shaliek - Blood Sweat Tears [CD New] US $13.32 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Blood, Sweat, & Tears Greatest Hits (1972, Oscar Records) *KOREAN IMPORT* US $4.97 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS NUCLEAR BLUE 1980 LP MCA 3227 US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 20m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: SELF-TITLED COLUMBIA CS 9720 US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
OST THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS SEALED US $34.98 Buy It Now 14h 33m
*Blood Sweat & Tears 3 Record* US $6.95 Buy It Now 14h 40m
60s Rock BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Child Is Father To Th NM- CS-9619 ORIG 2-Eye EB827 US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Blood Sweat & Tears ~Hi-De-Ho~The Battle~ 45rpm Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT TEARS - And when I die / Sometimes in winter -1969 COLUMBIA 4-45008 US $1.29 Buy It Now 15h 14m
1970 BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS LUCRETIA MAC EVIL #29 NICE COLUMB 45 RPM RECORD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Blood, Sweat & Tears (1970 C&V VG+) "3" Columbia # KC-30090 See Pics!..... US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 34m
ISIS - SELF TITLED (LP RECORD) VG+ 1974 BUDDA BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS, CHICAGO US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 38m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS s/t ROCK LP COLUMBIA 360 Sound 2 eye US $5.00 [0 bids]
Blood Sweat & Tears Child Is Father To Man MFSL Gold CD Sealed US $74.99 Buy It Now 16h 17m
MM~REEL~BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS~3 US $20.00 Buy It Now 17h 55m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS [Vinyl LP] CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN, SBP 233658, Oz made US $28.19 Buy It Now 19h 6m
AL KOOPER And BLOOD,SWEAT & TEARS--RARE Cardboard LP Sampler--1969 US $18.00 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - S/T, ORG 2008 GREEK CD, NEW - SEALED! US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS The First Album EMBASSY 1973 US $16.11 Buy It Now 21h 7m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $11.44 Buy It Now 21h 34m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Nuclear Blues LP EX USA 1980 PROMO LAX Records w/ Insert US $13.56 Buy It Now 22h 33m
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN [4547366066548] - NEW CD US $41.92 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHNNY CASH - BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS NEW 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE LP 2014 US $42.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood sweat & tears-save our ship.7" US $6.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood sweat & tears-touch me.7" US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits (Bonus Tracks) - Blood Sweat & Tears US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits 1972 Original, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $7.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS 45 Unplayed / Mint Columbia-45008 "And When I Die" US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood,Sweat & Tears(Vinyl LP Gatefold 1st Issue)Blood,Sweat & Tears-US-Ex-/Ex+ US $33.93 Buy It Now 1 day
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS-AL KOOPER - YOU'VE GOT IT FIRST US $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
'72 BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS LP New Blood - Mint Minus US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: "3" - COLUMBIA 1970 STEREO US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1970 Blood Sweat & Tears Lucretia Mac Evil /Lucretia's Reprise 4-45235 45 rpm NM US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
1971 Blood, Sweat & Tears Go Down Gamblin' / Valentines Day 4-45427 45 rpm NM US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood Sweat Tears S T 1968 JAPAN CD OBI H121 US $7.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS -CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN----CLASSIC ROCK CD---ORIGINAL??? US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
AL KOOPER SUPER SESSION BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS BLUES PROJECT Sealed 3 LP SET US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood Sweat & Tears 4 LP 1971 Columbia Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood, Sweat & Tears "B,S & T; 4" LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Vinyl Record LP Blood Sweat & Tears 3 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vinyl Record LP Blood Sweat & Tears 4 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blood Sweat & Tears ,,lot of 2 lp's US $2.99 [0 bids]
1970 Blood Sweat & Tears Hi-De-Ho / The Battle 4-45204 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - RARE RARER & RAREST NEW CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 1 day
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - FOUND TREASURES SIX GREATEST HITS - CASSETTE US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ACE HOOD**BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS (DLX ED/4 BONUS TRACKS/ADVISORY)**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS music online Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits ratings distribution

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars I listened to this album in the CD format several years ago. I even have it recorded in one cassette. I have to say that I`m not a Fan of this kind of music, but this band had very good quality as musicians, and the songs also have good quality too.This band had some hits which even in these days are played in Oldies Music FM radio stations in my city, particularly "Spinning Wheel", my favourite from them, and "You`ve Made Me So Very Happy", which is also a good song. Their music is similar in some ways to CHICAGO`s music, but I think that BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS was a better band than CHICAGO, less commercial, and with more influences from Jazz music. The arrangements are very good, but I can find some differences between the songs recorded with Al Kooper as singer and the songs recorded with David Clayton-Thomas as singer. With Clayton the band became more Jazz influenced, I think.

Being a "Greatest Hits" album relased in 1972 I think that it was a premature compilation, but this band then still had some original members. Years later the band`s name became like a franchise for other musicians who were not in the original line-up. I think that drummer Bobby Colomby is the owner of the name which he licenses to new musicians to work as BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS . Last year a TV channel here broadcasted a concert played by this band in the same year in a city in the north of my country. My opinion is that the musicians who use the name of the band in the present are still very good and they work very well to keep the name of the band in respect from their fans.

In conclusion, this compilation is very good for the people who never have listened to this band and wants to know it.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#155920) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Review by clarke2001
3 stars My first encounter with the music of BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS. And so far the only one - but this is saying more about my lazyiness than about my taste. I like this one. It's not the music to die for, but it's certainly pleasant. If you don't mind overall easy listening attitude and you're inclining towards jazz-rock, this might be for you.

Songs are warying from "not bad" to "great". They get a tad boring at the moments - some predictable r'n'b/soul/blues moments here and there, but most of the time it's just fine. At it's very best, this compilation contains some really cunning arrangemets, complex chords progressions, unusual solutions - but it's all brilliantly packed in the pop package. Another band that was able to blend two oppisite sides of music is QUEEN, and in fact I can imagine Freddie & Co. singing and playing some of the BS&T songs, such is "I Can't Quit Her". Withot the brass section of course. This is testifying the band's quality. But don't take this comparison too literaly because it might be misleading, two bands have nothing in common, that was only my impression.The band that could be compared - and often is - is CHICAGO. If you like it you may like this band as well, it's just more powerful and daring.

It seems that BS&T discography is hiding many more gems - that are much less pop oriented; it also seems that compilations are always on the poppier side. If so, this band is cetainly worth investigating; if you are fan of jazz-rock, 70's rock, or simply good music. I gave this one a spin after more than 5 years and yes, now it sounds "progressive" in my ears. There's a hint of MOODY BLUES in beautiful blues "I Love You More Than You Will Ever Now"...and a few other trick up the band's sleeve...some chord progression are simply a killer...while the main brass them remains quite simple. A sweet moment worth mentioning is in "Go Down Gamblin'", their hard rockin' tune: a tuba solo! Did you ever heard a tuba solo before?

For the end, I will mention "Sometimes In Winter": it's one of my top 10 most favourite songs of all times. It's beautiful. It's perfect. Flute, drums, melody. Vox organ.(?) Reverb. Some hippie feeling. Some melancholy. Great.

Well, if the band's catalogue is hiding one or perhaps two more songs that are just half as good as this one, and if they were equally daring and less mainstream in the early years, I'm more than willing to check BS&T's discography out. Because of overall poppy orientation of this compilation, I won't rare it with four stars, but this is really worth checking.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#155954) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Review by js (Easy Money)
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars This is a good jazz influenced pop record, but I don't think a lot of people would call this progressive rock. Instead BS&T, on this record at least, show that they have a lot in common with sophisticated jazz influenced pop artists such as Steely Dan and Paul Simon. Just like the other two mentioned artists, BS&T displays a broad knowledge of pop-jazz over several decades and seems to be influenced more by Hart/Rogers than Lennon/McCartney. Their strong point is their inventive use of a small brass/woodwind section that is cleverly arranged and thouroughly integrated into every tune. In this respect they are similar to 60s jazz composers who worked with small orchestral ensembles, such as Quincey Jones and Herbie Hancock.

The biggest problem with BS&T, is that even in their own decade, they always sounded like your parent's rock band. There is something about their flashy slick horn arrangements that conjures up images of swingin cats who work the Vegas scene when they aren't with Doc Severinson on Carson's Tonight Show. For example, dig this lyric; 'you always showed me that, lovin you is where it's at' ... groovy. In contrast, other rock bands with horn sections, such as early Chicago or Edgar Winter's White Trash, had just as much rock edge as the more guitar dominated bands of their era. I think the other problem with BS&T is vocalist David Clayton-Thomas. David is obviously a way better singer than your average bluesy shouter, but his style has more in common with Tom Jones than most rock singers.

There are two excellent tunes on this album that stand out from the others. Go Down Gamblin really rocks and is reminiscent of some of Buddy Miles' better material. The other song worth mentioning is Sometimes in Winter, a beautiful ballad with a very original melody and arrangement. BS&T's small orchestra approach really works well on this one.

This isn't a bad album, but if you want to hear some better progressive rock with horns try Chicago's first album, Earth Wind and Fire's futuristic jazz/RnB on Gratitude, or almost any of Billy Cobham's early albums (ironically enough, many of Cobham's records feature ex-BS&T trumpeter Randy Brecker). If you want to hear a totally different take on horn-driven rock check out King Crimson's avant-rock masterpiece Lizards. That's where it's at.

Send comments to js (Easy Money) (BETA) | Report this review (#172273) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 26, 2008

Post a review of BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS "Greatest Hits"