The Mars Volta

- Isaiah Ikey Owens / keyboards
- Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez / percussion, synthesizers
- Pablo Hinojos-Gonzalez / sound manipulation

Universal Records

Thanks to synesthetize for the addition

THE MARS VOLTA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
De-Loused In The ComatoriumDe-Loused In The Comatorium
Universal 2003
Import · Limited Edition
Universal Japan 2008
Scab Dates (Live Album)Scab Dates (Live Album)
Universal 2005
Live At The Electric Ballroom [Vinyl]Live At The Electric Ballroom [Vinyl]

More places to buy THE MARS VOLTA music online Buy THE MARS VOLTA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra ratings distribution

THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
2 stars I love the entire Bedlam In Goliath album, so it almost goes without saying that I love the song Wax Simulacra. Maybe of interest to some is that Wax Simulacra was in fact originally called Idle Tooth. To me, Idle Tooth would have been a title just as appropiate for the song Wax Simulacra, given in the lyrics there is the line They find it punctual with idle tooth

Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler Zavala have a lot of musical roots in post hardcore, hardcore punk and punk rock. So here is a song by Siouxsie & the Banshees called pulled to bits. Siouxsie & the Banshees have been a pretty influential band in the post punk scene, although I myself was never a particularly big fan of them. I've never actually heard the original Pulled To Bits, so I not able to make a side by side comparision of their version with TMV's cover of it. What I can tell you is, I think TMV should have left this song alone, as I honestly can't stand to listen to it without cringing. I never liked TMV's cover of Candy and a Currant Bun, and Pulled To Bits was not executed any better.

Unless you're a hardcore TMV fan that needs to collect everything they have done, I don't see any reason to go out and get this single.

2 stars 1. "Wax Simulacra"- One of the better tracks off of BEDLAM IN GOLIATH. A good track from a decent album. Not the BEST album they have done(DELOUSED), but not the worst either (OCTAHEDRON, in my mind, at least.) 2. "Pulled to Bits"- cover of a Siouxsie & the Banshees tune. Nothing too special he ... (read more)

Report this review (#296629) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, August 29, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE MARS VOLTA "Wax Simulacra"