WAX SIMULACRA

- Isaiah Ikey Owens / keyboards
- Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez / percussion, synthesizers
- Pablo Hinojos-Gonzalez / sound manipulation

Universal Records

Thanks to synesthetize for the addition

THE MARS VOLTA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
De-Loused In The ComatoriumDe-Loused In The Comatorium
Universal 2003
AmputechtureAmputechture
Universal 2006
Scab Dates (Live Album)Scab Dates (Live Album)
Universal 2005

More places to buy THE MARS VOLTA music online Buy THE MARS VOLTA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra ratings distribution

THE MARS VOLTA Wax Simulacra reviews

Review by Petrovsk Mizinski
2 stars I love the entire Bedlam In Goliath album, so it almost goes without saying that I love the song Wax Simulacra. Maybe of interest to some is that Wax Simulacra was in fact originally called Idle Tooth. To me, Idle Tooth would have been a title just as appropiate for the song Wax Simulacra, given in the lyrics there is the line They find it punctual with idle tooth

Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler Zavala have a lot of musical roots in post hardcore, hardcore punk and punk rock. So here is a song by Siouxsie & the Banshees called pulled to bits. Siouxsie & the Banshees have been a pretty influential band in the post punk scene, although I myself was never a particularly big fan of them. I've never actually heard the original Pulled To Bits, so I not able to make a side by side comparision of their version with TMV's cover of it. What I can tell you is, I think TMV should have left this song alone, as I honestly can't stand to listen to it without cringing. I never liked TMV's cover of Candy and a Currant Bun, and Pulled To Bits was not executed any better.

Unless you're a hardcore TMV fan that needs to collect everything they have done, I don't see any reason to go out and get this single.

2 stars 1. "Wax Simulacra"- One of the better tracks off of BEDLAM IN GOLIATH. A good track from a decent album. Not the BEST album they have done(DELOUSED), but not the worst either (OCTAHEDRON, in my mind, at least.) 2. "Pulled to Bits"- cover of a Siouxsie & the Banshees tune. Nothing too special he ... (read more)

Report this review (#296629) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, August 29, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE MARS VOLTA "Wax Simulacra"