THE NAZGUL

Krautrock

The Nazgul The Nazgul album cover

Buy THE NAZGUL Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. The Tower of Barad Dur (12:31)
2. The Dead Marshes (12:41)
3. Shelob's Lair (12:16)

- Gandalf / percussion, moog, organ, electric piano, bass
- Pippin / percussion, guitar, trumpet

LP Pyramid PYR OO8

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition

THE NAZGUL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE NAZGUL The Nazgul Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
De Expugnatione ElfmuthDe Expugnatione Elfmuth
CD Maximum
0 result found for "THE NAZGUL"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results
More places to buy THE NAZGUL music online Buy THE NAZGUL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE NAZGUL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE NAZGUL The Nazgul ratings distribution

THE NAZGUL The Nazgul reviews

Review by Dobermensch
4 stars I don't know what's going on with the front cover that's shown. Mine's nothing like that. Looks like a wrong upload to me. It should show a brown sleeve with a stone hewn cloak with no face with some pretty cool 'sword cut' lettering - which depicts how the album really sounds.

Anyway, this is a far better album than any of the last seven I've reviewed. I thought I was about to enter a bout of depression on all the low ratings I was throwing about. I ended up drinking 5 gins during last nights miserable reviews in an attempt to cheer myself up!

Nazgul was apparently released in '76 despite claims that it was a 'fake', being recorded in the 90's by persons unknown. At the end of the day, who cares? Faked or not, it's an excellent album full of weird sound effects and groaning in a 'Kluster' like manner. There's Tibetan bowls, very creepy percussion, no guitars and a feeling of impending doom which infiltrates this entire recording.

There are also some dissonant coronets which sound mightily like those of 'Throbbing Gristle' from 1980's 'Heathen Earth'.

Nazgul won't be to the taste of many, being too experimental and spacious. But me, I love this kind of sinister music. 'Lustmord' circa '84 are another complementary band.

You should keep your dancing shoes firmly locked away in a cupboard for this one. It's all very ethereal and is perfect for late nights when it's foggy outside. There's not too many comparisons I can make with any music in the Prog Archives for this album - Ghoulish.

5 stars A killer release from the Psi-Fi label, with a controversial story behind it, as well as the label it was supposedly originally on: Pyramid, and this applies to all the other titles issued on CD by Psi-Fi. Were these titles really recorded from 1972 to 1976 or 1990s UK hoaxes? Well, at least three ... (read more)

Report this review (#699052) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Thursday, March 29, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Thanks to PsiFi we get to have this interesting piece of Atmospheric/Ambient Krautrock. It is an interesting work, and no doubt a great addition to anyone's collection that is interested in this style of work. The music is somewhat rough, but that seems to be production because of the themes ... (read more)

Report this review (#271385) | Posted by Praxiteles | Friday, March 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE NAZGUL "The Nazgul"