BLUE (& THE CHASERS)

Buy TERJE RYPDAL Music
Studio Album, released in 1987

1. Curse, The (1:24)
2. Kompet Gar (6:49:)
3. I Disremember Quite Well (5:04)
4. Og Hva Synes Vi Om Det (5:45)
5. Last Nite (3:29)

- Terje Rypdal / guitar, keyboards
- Bjorn Kjellemyr / acoustic & electric bass
- Audun Kleive / drums, percussion

Digital Recording, November 1986

Thanks to Slartibartfast for the addition

TERJE RYPDAL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TERJE RYPDAL Blue (& The Chasers) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
To Be ContinuedTo Be Continued
Remastered · Import
Ecm Import 2002
QedQed
Ecm Records 1994

More places to buy TERJE RYPDAL music online Buy TERJE RYPDAL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TERJE RYPDAL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TERJE RYPDAL Blue (& The Chasers) ratings distribution

TERJE RYPDAL Blue (& The Chasers) reviews

Review by Gooner
3 stars Here's a great one for fans of Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop. Similar in sound, although _Blue_ came out before Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop. Generally, this is night music. Fans of the '80s King Crimson instrumentals such as _Industry_ and _Nuages_ would definitely enjoy this. A great follow-up to his _Chaser_ LP(which bordered on heavy metal at times). Terje plays the spaciest Fender on _Blue_.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#178541) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008

4 stars It must be the Norwegian blood of my anscesters that has so drawn me to guitar virtuoso Terje Rypdal. The man has such a unique style and generally I find his music very melancholic and atmospheric. This is my fifth album of his that i'm reviewing. His music is such that I can't listen to it as background music, no I have to pay attention, and the louder the better to catch the hidden nuances. THE CHASERS are bass player Bjorn Kjellemyr and drummer Audun Klieve. I believe this lineup recorded three albums together, this being the middle one.

"The Curse" is a short intro track of intricate guitar, bass and drums that come and go while the synths create some atmosphere. "Kompet Gar" is my favourite. We get repetitive drums and bass while the guitar comes and goes. I like the bass here. The synths wash in and out. This is great ! Terje is pretty inventive here. "I Disremember Quite Well" opens with atmosphere and not a lot going on. Sounds like violin before a minute. It's brief.The guitar cries out of the atmosphere 3 1/2 minutes in.

"Og Hva Synes Vi Om Det" has a dark mood to it with sparse guitar sounds. Other sounds slowly come and go as well. This is a haunting piece. "Last Nite" has these high pitched guitar melodies with background synths to open. Mechanical sounding drums come in before a minute. Cool song. "Blue" is a relaxed and dreamy track as the guitar solos lazily over top. "Tanga" opens with drums as bass and guitar join in. The guitar takes over before 3 1/2 minutes as the beat stops. "Om Bare" is basically the guitar crying out from beginning to end.

An outstanding album to listen to during this Winter season.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#256669) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009

Post a review of TERJE RYPDAL "Blue (& The Chasers)"