BASS COMMUNION (II)

Buy BASS COMMUNION Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

CD1
1. Advert (0:56)
2. 16 Second Swarm (10:58)
3. Grammatic Oil (10:11)
4. Drugged 3 (17:00)
5. Dwarf Artillery (7:14)
6. Wide Open Killingfeld (13:01)

CD2
1. A Grapefruit in the World of Park (12:10)
2. Snakebird (10:59)

Search BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (II) lyrics

Search BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (II) tabs

- Steve Wilson / all instruments

Hidden Art double CD - HIART4

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to progkidjoel for the last updates

BASS COMMUNION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (II) Music

Bass Communion IIBass Communion II
Resurgence UK 1999
Bass Communion 2 & 3Bass Communion 2 & 3
Imports 2013

More places to buy BASS COMMUNION music online Buy BASS COMMUNION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BASS COMMUNION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (II) ratings distribution

BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (II) reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars The second album from Bass Communion continues where the debut left. Long drawn out synth sounds that make atmospheric soundscapes. There is nothing else on this album but synth and samples, so donīt expect rock drums.

Bass Communion is another one of Steven Wilsonīs ( Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man etc...etc) projects. Bass Communion is a one man project which means Steven Wilson plays everything. Well play might be too big a word to use, because I suspect that itīs a computer thatīs playing most of the music you hear here on (II). There are a few human touches though. The music is slow and the songs are generally very long. IMO the musical ideas overstays their welcome by several minutes every time. Some songs are more enjoyable than others but these songs would have been better on a soundtrack to a movie than as a musical experience by themselves.

This is probably something post rock fans could appreciate as the music does sometimes remind me of bands like Godspeed You Black Emperor just without any of the rock parts that at least makes some post rock bands bearable to listen to. This is way too ambient and trivial for me. Had there been a rock element in the music I might have viewed this differently. Songs like 16 Second Swarm and Drugged III does have their moments. The latter reminds me a bit about the most ambient Nosound songs again without the rock element and the first has a great atmosphere. Grammatic Oil and Dwarf Artillery are slow pulsing songs. There are no vocals on the album which would have made this much more interesting IMO.

The cover is really beautiful and signals the calm within the music.

Iīm struggling to give this a 2 star rating as this music speaks against everything I believe is good music, but I must admit this is at least a bit more enjoyable than the debut from Bass Communion which I found was a complete waste of time. I still donīt like this music much and I wonīt recommend it to anyone really ( well maybe a few post rock fans will like it, Who knows ?), but as I said there are a few enjoyable moments on the album and I will give it 2 small stars. I just donīt have the patience for this kind of music.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#176148) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 05, 2008

4 stars Steven Wilson's second release under the BASS COMMUNION name continues with his experimenting with sound. As I mentioned in my review of his debut he takes a sound that he finds meaningful in some way and developes it from there. So lots of repetitive spacey soundscapes here in the Klaus Schulze / TANGERINE DREAM style.This particular recording is a double album that comes in at around 82 minutes. I have the original pressing from 1999 on the Hidden Art label.

"Advert" opens with beep, beep, beep crash (haha). Well sort of like that as a deep and powerful atmosphere follows in this very short opener. "16 Second Swarm" has these crackling sounds as mellotron-like waves pulse in and out. It's louder 4 1/2 minutes in and it's almost overwelming at 6 minutes. It settles with waves of sound late. "Grammatic Oil" has a beat as other sounds come and go.This sounds really cool. "Drugged 3" opens with a Chinese sounding stringed instrument as the spacey atmosphere rolls in. Guitar comes in at 5 minutes and echoes. Beautiful stuff. It's very spacey late.

"Dwarf Artillery" has these dark sounding beats and underwater echoes. Organ comes floating in before 2 1/2 minutes. It picks up 5 1/2 minutes in. "Wide Open Killing Field" has some interesting sounds that come and go.They start to drone and wash in and out slowly. It becomes spacey late. "A Grapefruit In The World Of Park" is mostly spacey sounds that fade in and out throughout. "Snakebird" is one of my favourites. It's just really cool to listen to the different sounds here. Guitar 5 minutes in echoes. Spacey winds later and more interesting sounds to check out.

I like this better than the debut but both are excellent and worth checking out if your into Electronic-Prog.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#445064) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 09, 2011

4 stars Bass Communion one of Steven Wilson's electronic music projects, which is more focused on sonic atmospheres, as such, therefore it is closer to the (unexistent) Electronic/Ambient tagging . No PT, or SW, electric guitar solos or vocals, (that explains the crowd). Anyway, BC's, second, two cd, albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#979652) | Posted by admireArt | Sunday, June 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The second album of Bass Communion is just a perfect electronic element. A wonderful record by the mind of Steven Wilson, with a few but wonderful melodies as the whole album is only a party of unusual instruments and synths. Fans of Tangerine Dream and bands like this will really enjoy this ... (read more)

Report this review (#247278) | Posted by Macubert | Friday, October 30, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BASS COMMUNION "Bass Communion (II)"