DAY TRIP (W/ CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE & ANTONIO SANCHEZ)

Pat Metheny

Pat Metheny Day Trip (w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez) album cover

Buy PAT METHENY Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Son Of Thirteen (5:49)
2. At Last You're Here (8:00)
3. Let's Move (5:21)
4. Snova (6:01)
5. Calvin's Keys (7:31)
6. Is This America? (Katrina 2005) (4:36)
7. When We Were Free (9:08)
8. Dreaming Trees (7:47)

Additional personnel:
- Christian McBride / acoustic bass
- Antonio Sanchez / drums

Nonesuch Label - Cat. #376828

Thanks to classicrocker for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

PAT METHENY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAT METHENY Day Trip (w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez) Music

Unity BandUnity Band
Nonesuch 2012
What's It All AboutWhat's It All About
Nonesuch 2011
Bright Size LifeBright Size Life
The Way UpThe Way Up
Nonesuch 2005
As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita FallsAs Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls
WatercolorsWatercolors
Polygram Records 2000
Pat Metheny GroupPat Metheny Group
PAT METHENY - ONE QUIET NIGHT - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $24.22 Buy It Now 30m 55s
PAT METHENY new chautauqua LP VG+ ECM 1131 Vinyl 1976 Record US $6.40 Buy It Now 2h 50m
PAT METHENY - LETTER FROM HOME NEW CD US $24.22 Buy It Now 3h
Pat Metheny - Watercolors CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Pat Metheny - Offramp CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Pat Metheny - Orchestrion CD US $19.90 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - Whats It All About CD WEA/ATLANTIC/NONESUCH US $19.90 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Jim & Pat Metheny Hall - Jim Hall & Pat Metheny CD US $14.60 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - Vol. 20-Tap: John Zorns Book Of Angels CD WEA/ATLANTIC/NONESUCH US $17.65 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - Question & Answer (Re-Issue) CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - Unity Band CD US $19.90 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - One Quiet Night (Re-Issue) CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Pat Metheny - Day Trip CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Pat Metheny Wichita 1981 RL Ludwig Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Pat Metheny Offramp 1982 Quiex Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean, A+ US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Pat Metheny New Chautauqua 1979 ECM 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Pat Metheny American Garage 1979 QUIEX Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clnd US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Pat Metheny S/T 1978 Quiex Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean, A+ US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Pat Metheny Wichita 1981 German Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $44.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
B.B. King Dave Brubeck Pat Metheny - Move The Groove CD US $14.41 Buy It Now 4h
Pat Metheny autographed "Kin" artwork US $5.50 [9 bids]
PAT METHENY & ORNETTE COLEMAN -Song X - 1986 UK/German 8-trk CD album - FREE P+P US $9.93 Buy It Now 4h 8m
PAT METHENY - ORCHESTRION NEW CD US $24.22 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Pat Metheny CD Letter from Home US $3.99 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny CD We Live Here US $3.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY promo vinyl lp AN HOUR WITH PAT METHENY RADIO SPECIAL jazz guitar US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Japan Jazz Guitar Book feat Pat Metheny George Van Eps US $89.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Japan Jazz Guitar Book feat Pat Metheny David T Walker US $59.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Zero Tolerance for Silence by Pat Metheny (CD, Apr-1994, Geffen) US $4.56 Buy It Now 7h 12m
David Bowie/Pat Metheny Group - FACTORY SAMPLE - This Is Not America - 12" Vinyl US $11.52 Buy It Now 7h 34m
PAT METHENY / ANNA MARIA JOPEK - UPOJENIE NEW CD US $19.24 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Still Life (Talking) [PA] by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, Oct-1990,... US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Pat Metheny - Pat Metheny Group [CD New] US $12.48 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Pat Metheny Group "First Circle" 1984 ECM LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 34m
METHENY PAT/GROUP - PAT METHENY GROUP - 8255932 US $23.14 Buy It Now 9h 9m
7" Single THE FIRST CIRCLE Pat Metheny Group Promo 45rpm Vinyl-LP Lyle Mays US $88.00 [0 bids]
FANDANGO Japan-LP OBI Soundtrack Pat Metheny - Cream - Blind Faith - Los Lobos US $99.00 [0 bids]
John Scofield & Pat Metheny-I Can See Your House From Here BMG edition US $4.00 [0 bids]
SS and NEW PAT METHENY OFFRAMP 24K JAPAN ECMGold CD OBI 1st issue Blac US $74.99 Buy It Now 9h 34m
NEW & Sealed PAT METHENY OFFRAMP 24kt JAPAN ECM GOLD CD OBI Audiophile US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 34m
PAT METHENY GROUP First Circle LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Vinyl Record Album LP Music with 58 Musicians Chick Corea,Pat Metheny,Steve Kuhn US $4.90 Buy It Now 10h 51m
PAT METHENY GROUP AMERICAN GARAGE 1970 LP EMC 1-1155 US $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 31m
PAT METHENY-TRIO 99-00, , Good US $20.43 Buy It Now 12h 22m
FALCON & THE SNOWMAN SOUNDTRACK, PAT METHENY - LP US $7.00 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Pat Metheny Group - Letter From Home - CD (Geffen GEFD24245) US $18.63 Buy It Now 13h 40m
DAVID BOWIE PAT METHENY - THIS IS NOT AMERICA - 1985 EA190 - EX US $4.14 Buy It Now 14h 12m
PAT METHENY GROUP - LETTERS FROM HOME- LIKE NEW CONDITION CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Pat Metheny Group first Circle EMC 1-25008 US $2.97 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Pat Metheny Group CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny LP "New Chautauqua", 1979, ECM 1-1131 US, NM, jazz guitar US $6.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Pat Metheny Group THIS IS NOT AMERICA EMI 45 rpm Picture Sleeve US $7.00 Buy It Now 15h 28m
PAT METHENY GROUP-We Live Here sealed BMG Music Club CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny - CD - We Live Here (Here To Stay, Red Sky, Stranger In Town) US $2.59 Buy It Now 15h 59m
PAT METHENY New Chautauqua ROCK LP SHRINK ECM No Barcode US $5.00 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP Travels ROCK 2XLP ECM Gatefold MASTERDISK Robert Ludwig Cut US $5.00 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP American Garage ROCK LP ECM Masterdisk ROBERT LUDWIG CUT US $5.00 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP American Garage ROCK LP ECM Masterdisk ROBERT LUDWIG CUT US $9.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP Offramp ROCK LP ECM No Barcode US $9.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY "NM WAX" As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita ECM-1-1190 LP Ae3096 US $7.99 [1 bids]
PAT METHENY w CHARLIE HADEN & BILLY HIGGINS Rejoicing 1984 ECM Jazz LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY - Works II (CD, Mar-1994, ECM) US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 53m
PAT METHENY * CHARLIE HADEN * BILLY HIGGINS: Rejoicing 1984 ECM 1271 LP VG++ US $11.00 Buy It Now 17h 19m
MIKE METHENY - 60.1 (CD) 2010 MIKE METHENY PAT METHENY JAZZ (RARE) US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 36m
PAT METHENY (3 CD LOT) ZERO TOLERANCE (PROMO) / STILL LIFE / WE LIVE HERE US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Pat Metheny - ECM Works II - 1994 NEW CD US $35.00 Buy It Now 17h 38m
NM David Bowie Pat Metheny This Is Not America/This Is Not 7" 45RPM w/pic slv US $1.99 [0 bids]
Steve Reich "Different Trains/Electric Counterpoint" Kronos Quartet Pat Metheny US $1.99 Buy It Now 18h 42m
Pat Metheny Group Imaginary Day Taiwan DVD Audio RARE New Sealed W/Obi US $59.99 Buy It Now 21h 31m
Pat Metheny Group 2002 Speaking Of Now Tour Taiwan Ltd Promo 5 Trks CD RARE US $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 39m
PAT METHENY / NEW CHAUTAUQUA US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 4m
PAT METHENY & ORNETTE COLEMAN-Song X Rare Japan LP w/OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 22h 8m
PAT METHENY UNITY GROUP Kin KOREA Digipak CD 2014 Sealed New ! Free Shipping ! US $23.90 Buy It Now 22h 55m
PAT METHENY GROUP letter from home 1989 YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE orange label US $13.00 Buy It Now 23h 39m
Works by Pat Metheny US $3.73 Buy It Now 23h 47m
ECM / PAT METHENY GROUP SAME / JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Speaking of Now - Pat Metheny Lyle Mays (Jazz Guitar CD 2002) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Imaginary Day by Pat Metheny (CD, Oct-1997, Warner Bros.) US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
I Can See Your House from Here- Pat Metheny J.Scofield US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE / PAT METHENY GROUP - THIS IS NOT AMERICA - 7" VINYL PS 1985 EMI US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
I Can See Your House from Here by Pat Metheny (CD, Mar-1994, Blue Note (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny - Watercolors Asian LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Imaginary Day by Pat Metheny (CD, Oct-1997, Warner Bros.) US $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
PAT METHENY GROUP**OFFRAMP (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PAT METHENY GROUP**PAT METHENY GROUP**VINYL US $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays As Wichita falls, So Falls Wichita LP vinyl NM ECM US $8.99 [0 bids]
JOHN SCOFIELD/PAT METHENY**I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT 2 PAT METHENY LP: AMERICAN GARAGE; AS FALLS WICHITA - LYLE MAYS;JAZZ FUSION US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAT METHENY**RARUM IX: SELECTED RECORDINGS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
FIRST CIRCLE-PAT METHENY GROUP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
2 LP Lot Herbie Mann 'Memphis Two Step" & Pat Metheny Group "Self Titled" Jazz US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
John Scofield, Pat Metheny - I Can See Your House From Here CD 1994 Blue Note US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAT METHENY NEW CHAUTAUQUA LP ALBUM US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pat Metheny Lp Watercolors w Lyle Mays Eberhard Weber Dan Gotlieb US $3.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP LETTER FROM HOME CASSETTE TAPE JAZZ GEFFEN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny w/ Haden & Higgins "Rejoicing" NM ECM Lp US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
We Live Here by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, Jan-1995, Geffen) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ECM PRESENTS PAT METHENY GROUP KEITH JARRETT JOHN ABERCROMBIE JACK DEJOHNNETTE US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
University Of Miami School Of Music CD Pat Metheny, Bruce Hornsby, Jon Secada US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy PAT METHENY music online Buy PAT METHENY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAT METHENY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAT METHENY Day Trip (w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez) ratings distribution

PAT METHENY Day Trip (w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez) reviews

Review by EatThatPhonebook
3 stars 5/10

"Day Trip" is just another album among Pat Metheny's immense discography.

"Day Trip" is one of the more than few trio collaborations Pat Metheny's had: this time, with Christian McBride on bass and Antonio Sanchez on drums. The experience of the last two musicians pales in comparison to the one of the guitarist, so I tend to forget about them, even though overall they did a pretty good job in accompanying Metheny. But the result I have here is disappointing, as it was inevitable for a musician like Pat to disappoint more than a few times: just look at his immense discography.

Stylistically on this one Metheny abandons the ambitious Fusion style full of different sounds and instruments and aims to a more intimate atmosphere, and prefers to use only three instruments. Due to the massive presence of guitar, this still is a Fusion album, but it is much more played like it was lounge music. In a word, boring. This album was boring me in quite a few moments, the music was dull, not that inspired (with a few exceptions), and easily forgettable. There were, like I said, a few exceptions that grabbed my attention, but otherwise I found myself wandering in my thoughts listening to this, not being minimally provoked.

But I must say, that even though it is over an hour long and it is all that I said previously, this album has quite a bit of variety that a Metheny fan would surely be able to appreciate: there are acoustic moments, electric ones, maybe even some electronics in the background. The bass gives an actually great addiction to the overall sound, and the drums are honestly one of the best I've heard in recent Pat Metheny albums. We also got those few melodic songs that the musicians has always included in his works, usually being the title track ( most obvious examples are "New Chautauqua" and "Bright Size Life"), even though on this one it is an exception But "Son Of Thirteen" is a great example of these kind of songs. "Dreaming Trees" has some precious acoustic moments that immediately grabbed my attention, and "Is This America?" was another highlight for me, beautifully intimate and executed.

However, I feel a little underwhelmed by the music here, It just seems a little too mellow and low tuned, even though it has some variety, like I said. If you're not familiar with this musician and you are interested in giving him a try, I wouldn't recommend starting on this one: Personally, it seems like another album among Metheny's immense discography, that can easily be ignored or forgotten.

Send comments to EatThatPhonebook (BETA) | Report this review (#562027) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 04, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars One of his more recent works I've discovered, or better said this album named Day trip was a gift because I've bought Secret story is another worthy release from thsi well known musicin. as I said this type of music is usualy not really of my liking, but from time to time I need such calm jazz. Released in 2008 I guess, here Metheny explores to the maximum his smooth jazz abilitis on guitar, practicaly whole album is quite calm without bursting moments, this kind of music is better to have on a dinner. Aswell his musical mates Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez done a good job here for sure. Highlights, well not many but Calvin's Keys is excellent. Impressive art work aswell. 3 stars for this one, little weaker then Secret story but I think is more then ok. 3 stars no more then taht.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#1028668) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Post a review of PAT METHENY "Day Trip (w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez)"