SLEIGHT OF HAND

Prog Folk

Flairck Sleight of Hand album cover

Buy FLAIRCK Music
Studio Album, released in 1986

1. At the Blacksmith's Hand (part 1) (4:46)
2. Sleight of Hand (6:07)
3. Behind the Glass Curtain (5:00)
4. Trick of the Night (4:01)
5. Walk Upon Dreams (4:39)
6. Seven Card Tango (4:32)
7. Thin Air (3:30)
8. The Lady Shuffles (1:06)
9. At the Blacksmith's Hand (3:52)

Total time: 37:33

- Maggie Reilly / guest vocalist

CD EMI CDP 7662342
LP EMI 1273001
MC EMI 1273004

Thanks to ClemofNazareth for the addition

FLAIRCK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FLAIRCK Sleight of Hand Music

Sleight of HandSleight of Hand
EMI 2006

More places to buy FLAIRCK music online Buy FLAIRCK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FLAIRCK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FLAIRCK Sleight of Hand ratings distribution

FLAIRCK Sleight of Hand reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars I've just realized that FLAIRCK has been added here at this site. Since I knew this site in 2004, I thought FLAIRCK should be added here because the music is for sure a progressive music one. My first introduction to the band was when prog music was in downturn sometime in early 80s and I found "Sleight of Hand" as my first introduction to the band. My initial reaction about the band was that it uses more acoustic instruments than those electric with heavy influences from classical music. The music is not complex and I believe most people would enjoy listening to their music. With guest vocal of Maggie Reilly, it makes the music sounds good.

The opening track "At the Blacksmith's Hand" (part 1) (4:46) sounds like a light classical music with excellent string arrangements using woodwind, violin and harp. The album title "Sleight of Hand" (6:07) continues the music in similar vein with more dynamic use of flutes augmented by violin and harp. The album also features track with pop orientation like "Walk Upon Dreams" (4:39) which features clean vocal line by Maggie and soft string arrangements.

Overall, this is a very good album with intense classical music components using mostly acoustic instruments. The band is led by an Indonesian born Erik Visser. Flairck did a concert in Bandung, Indonesia, couple of years ago. Unfortunately I was not aware because it was performed in Bandung, West Java.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#184761) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

4 stars This album was quite a shock to me when I first heard it. I loved the intricate acoustic folk music Flairck had produced so far. I was not too impressed by the album they recorded with Georges Moustaki but it fitted their niche quite well. Actually I hoped that they would return to their 'roots' ... (read more)

Report this review (#435242) | Posted by Theo Verstrael | Monday, April 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Welcome to the 1980s....... The cover art work is a major turn off for me. 1980s is the decade the mankind rather want to forget in a hurry. 1980s was the decades ran by bad taste and the taste of plastic. Hence the front cover which is sickness inducing. The 1980s was also introducing a ... (read more)

Report this review (#347953) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, December 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FLAIRCK "Sleight of Hand"