FLIGHT OF ICARUS

Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy IRON MAIDEN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1983

1. Flight of Icarus (3:49)
2. I've Got the Fire (3:53)

Search IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus lyrics

- Nicko McBrain / drums

Released 11 April 1983
Recorded 1982
Label EMI

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

IRON MAIDEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus Music

Flight Of Icarus - Iron Maiden (2014, Vinyl New) USD $13.43 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus NEW 7" USD $7.63 Buy It Now 6h 58m
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus/Trooper CD UK Emi 1990 5 Track Also Features I've USD $18.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden 7" vinyl single record Flight Of Icarus - P/S UK EMI5378 EMI 1983 USD $22.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus 7" vinyl single record UK 2564624879 PARLOPHONE USD $19.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus UK 12" vinyl picture disc record 12EMIP5378 EMI USD $36.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden 'Flight of Icarus' EX/EX Classic Eddie EMI 5378 1983 Vinyl 7" Single USD $16.24 Buy It Now 1 day
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS music paper advert (Cutting) USD $12.48 Buy It Now 2 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS / WORLD PEACE TOUR music paper advert (Cutting) USD $12.48 Buy It Now 2 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS 12" MAXI SINGLE SUPER SOUND VERSION RARE OOP USD $19.00 [0 bids]
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus Rare 12" Promo Picture Disc Japan Piece Of Mind LP USD $189.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus JAPAN 5" MAXI CD TOCP-6185 Disc-5 of BOX SET FreeSH USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus - 7" - Reissue - 2564624879 - Mint USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Flight Of Icarus / The Trooper by Iron Maiden (CD,1990, EMI) 077779398928 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IRON MAIDEN - Flight Of Icarus - 2014 UK limited edition of the 1983 7" vinyl USD $12.48 Buy It Now 3 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus 1983 UK 7" vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $24.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Iron Maiden-Flight of Icarus Vinyl / 7" Single NEW USD $19.12 Buy It Now 4 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS Japan CD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus - Injection label UK 7" vinyl single record USD $28.67 Buy It Now 4 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus - Inj - EX UK 7" vinyl single record EMI5378 EMI USD $16.18 Buy It Now 4 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus 1983 UK 12" Vinyl PICTURE DISC EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $31.21 Buy It Now 5 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus U.S. Orig 1983 (Vinyl EX) 7" Promo 45 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Iron Maiden FLIGHT OF ICARUS Limited Edition NEW SEALED VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Iron Maiden "Flight of Icarus" 12" EMI German VG Judas Priest LP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $87.42 Buy It Now 5 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus / I've Got The Fire GERMANY 12" EMI 1983 USD $11.79 Buy It Now 5 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS : EX+ UK 7" VINYL SINGLE - EMI 5378 USD $4.21 Buy It Now 5 days
Iron Maiden Mini LP CD Flight of Icarus 12" Germany Complete Singles Collection USD $39.99 [0 bids]
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS 12" Vinyl Picture Pic Disc 12EMI 5P378-B Record LP USD $34.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $74.93 Buy It Now 6 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS ORIGINAL 45rmp vinyl 7ins single record JUKEBOX USD $16.75 Buy It Now 6 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS ~ I'VE GOT THE FIRE PIC SLEEVE RESISSUE SEALED 7" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
1983 ~ German Pressing ~ Iron Maiden ~ Flight Of Icarus ~ 45 ~ 7" ~ Clean USD $40.00 Buy It Now 8 days
IRON MAIDEN 'Flight Of Icarus' 1983 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $14.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus/The Trooper 5 Track CD Single USD $19.97 Buy It Now 10 days
IRON MAIDEN - Flight Of Icarus - German1 2" Original -1983- EMI 1C K052-07 721 Z USD $18.72 Buy It Now 10 days
Iron Maiden 1st 10 Years Vinyl 12" Single The Trooper Flight of Icarus 1990 EX USD $24.92 Buy It Now 10 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus 7" Single A2U B2U Pressing - EX USD $8.73 Buy It Now 10 days
IRON MAIDEN - flight of icarus / i've got the fire - FRANCE 7/45 PS HEAVY METAL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Iron Maiden 'Flight Of Icarus / Trooper' Limited 5-track EP Picture Disc Rare NM USD $49.99 Buy It Now 13 days
IRON MAIDEN - Flight of Icarus 12" PICTURE DISC RELEASE USD $31.21 Buy It Now 13 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS A1 B1 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus Limited Edition Vinyl | 7" VINYL 2014 NEW USD $11.49 Buy It Now 14 days
45 7" IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus c/w I've Got The Fire w/PS NEW MINT IMPORT USD $15.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus UK 12" Vinyl Picture Disc USD $60.94 Buy It Now 15 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus , I've Got The Fire German 12" USD $39.99 Buy It Now 15 days
IRON MAIDEN - Flight Of Icarus - 1983 UK 7" Juke Box vinyl single USD $33.71 Buy It Now 16 days
Iron maiden Flight of icarus The trooper uk edition MAKE A OFFER USD $20.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus Maxi Single EX USD $25.25 Buy It Now 16 days
Iron Maiden-Flight Of Icarus VINYL LP NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Iron Maiden-Flight Of Icarus 7" 45-EMI, EMI 5378, 1983, Plain Sleeve silver moul USD $6.18 Buy It Now 17 days
Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus Original 1983 UK 7" single NM/EX+ USD $18.74 Buy It Now 17 days
Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus Blue Label 1983 Nr Mint UK 7" single NM/NM USD $18.74 Buy It Now 17 days
Flight of the Icarus b/w I've Got the Fire-IRON MAIDEN-Limited Edition 7" Vinyl USD $14.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus / I've Got The Fire 45RPM Vinyl VG+ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Iron Maiden Edward The Great-Greatest Hits CD NEW SEALED Flight Of Icarus+ USD $16.23 Buy It Now 18 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus EP LP unplayed vinyl picture disc USD $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Flight Of Icarus / The Trooper by Iron Maiden (CD,1990, EMI) 077779398928 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 18 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus 7" Rare Canadian Capitol 5248 VG+ Vinyl Record USD $49.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Sh8327/4P28 IRON MAIDEN : FLIGHT OF ICARUS SINGLE/TOUR DATES ADVERT 11X8" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 18 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS VINYL SINGLE NEW+ USD $19.91 Buy It Now 19 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus 45 EMI EMI-5738 UK 1983 NM- NICE COPY PIC SLEEVE 7" USD $14.38 Buy It Now 19 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS - 7 INCH - VINYL - UK Press - 1983 - EMI5378 - USD $22.49 Buy It Now 19 days
Flight of Icarus [Limited Edition] [Single] by Iron Maiden (Vinyl, Oct-2014,... USD $7.85 Buy It Now 19 days
Rare IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus 7" 1983 Original Single on Capitol B5248 EX/EX USD $19.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus (NEW 7" VINYL) USD $13.73 Buy It Now 21 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus 12" Picture Disc Vinyl Single 1984 EMI 12 EMI P5378 USD $31.21 Buy It Now 21 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus / I've Got ONLY 5000 MADE 7 INCH vinyl SEALED 2014 USD $23.74 Buy It Now 21 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS USD $189.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus [Vinyl New] USD $10.77 Buy It Now 22 days
Flight Of Icarus - Iron Maiden 881034111784 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $8.77 Buy It Now 22 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS (ORIG. U.K. PRESSING 2 TRK 12" MAXI-SINGLE PIC/DI USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Iron Maiden Flight Of Icarus ltd 7in vinyl NEW sealed USD $25.89 Buy It Now 23 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $22.85 Buy It Now 23 days
Flight Of Icarus [7 inch vinyl] Iron Maiden Vinyl USD $10.44 Buy It Now 24 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight Of Icarus 7" Ps, Silver Plastic Label, B/W I'Ve Got The Fire USD $11.23 Buy It Now 26 days
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus - 1983 UK 7" Single USD $12.49 Buy It Now 26 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS / I'VE GOT THE FIRE FRENCH 45 PS 7" USD $15.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Iron Maiden Flight of Icarus 7" pic sleeve 1983 EM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 27 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS 7" ORIG '83 B-5248 CAPITOL PROMO RARE HEAVY METAL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Iron Maiden - Flight Of Icarus/Piece Of Mind - 12" LP Picture Disc Clock USD $41.21 Buy It Now 27 days
IRON MAIDEN - FLIGHT OF ICARUS - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1983 USD $53.31 Buy It Now 27 days
IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus / I've Got the Fire 7" Ltd Ed Single New Vinyl USD $7.98 Buy It Now 28 days
IRON MAIDEN 7' SINGLE FLIGHT OF ICARUS b/w I'VE GOT THE FIRE BMG/SANCTUARY USD $12.50 Buy It Now 28 days
IRON MAIDEN "FLIGHT OF ICARUS" / "I'VE GOT THE FIRE" 7" 45 FACTORY SEALED MONTRO USD $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Iron Maiden flight of icarus - 45 Record Vinyl Album 7" USD $20.96 Buy It Now 29 days
IRON MAIDEN FLIGHT OF ICARUS USD $349.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy IRON MAIDEN music online Buy IRON MAIDEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(26%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

IRON MAIDEN Flight of Icarus reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Flight Of Icarus' - Iron Maiden (Single)

This song is one of the better written ones by Iron Maiden, but somehow, it's inherent lack of relative energy makes it a track that doesn't do a whole lot for me. In many ways, it sounds like a typical Iron Maiden track, except at half speed. There is a well performed solo towards the end, as well as some inviting lead melodies to listen to before the track is out. Dickinson's vocal performance sounds a bit like the late Ronnie James Dio in this one.

As the title and artwork might suggest, this song revolves around the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus. While it's not surprising to have the band covering this sort of subject matter, the myth makes for a very good topic for a metal song.

The cover is one of the band Montrose; 'I've Got The Fire.' While the performance is done well enough, the song ends up sounding like generic 70's rock juiced up with some typical NWOBHM speed. I gave it about two or three spins before getting tired of it, so if you can find a price that's worth it, pick it up.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars in the early to mid eighties there were in my city at least two FM radio stations which played Heavy Metal music from bands like IRON MAIDEN, BLACK SABBATH, and others. It seems to me that this kind of music was a fad then more than in previous years, after the Disco Music style was the main fad in the late seventies in the radio. And it was a good change, at least for me, because I really never liked Disco music very much, Anyway, Prog Rock music was always my favorite music style since the late seventies. But it was good to listen to the radio sometimes and to some of those Heavy Metal bands from the early to mid eghties. But I never became a "real fan "of Heavy Metal music.

One of those songs to which I listened in the radio then was to IRON MAIDEN's "Flight of Icarus". It is obviously a heavy song with good and heavy distorted guitars playing very good lead parts, solid drums playing, good and heavy bass guitar parts, plus a good lead singer (Bruce Dickinson) who sounds in this song a bit like the late Ronnie James Dio in some parts. The lead vocal parts are in fact very high and very hard to sing in some places. There are also some backing vocals. I really like this song, but I really had to listen to this song again several times in youtube recently after more or less thirty years of not listening to it. The song also has a good official video with the band playing a playback to the studio recording.

The "B" side has "I've Got the Fire", a cover of a song from a band called MONTROSE. I never have listened to this song before until I also found it in youtube. It is also a good song with good heavy distorted guitars.

A very good single from IRON MAIDEN.

Post a review of IRON MAIDEN "Flight of Icarus"