PALMLESS PRAYER-MASS MURDER REFRAIN

- Tamaki / bass
- Yasunori Takada / drums
- Katsuhiko Maeda (World's End Girlfriend)/guitars, violin, piano

collaboration album with WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND

Thanks to prog-jester for the addition

MONO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MONO Palmless Prayer-Mass Murder Refrain Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Last DawnThe Last Dawn
Temporary Residence 2012
You Are ThereYou Are There
Temporary Residence 2006
Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain - Mono USD $11.64 Buy It Now 5h 53m
MONO & WORLDS END GIRLFRIEND - PALMLESS PRAYER / MASS MURDER REFRAIN NEW CD USD $25.37 Buy It Now 4 days
MONO (JAPAN) - PALMLESS PRAYER/MASS MURDER REFRAIN [MONO (JAPAN)] - NEW CD USD $10.53 Buy It Now 6 days
Mono & Worlds End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer Mass Murder Refrain CD USD $23.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain (CD New) USD $13.72 Buy It Now 13 days
MONO & WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND - PALMLESS PRAYER / MASS MURDER REFRAIN NEW CD USD $18.06 Buy It Now 13 days
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain [CD New] USD $13.48 Buy It Now 14 days
Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World's CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain [CD New] USD $42.50 Buy It Now 19 days
MONO & WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND - PALMLESS PRAYER/MASS MURDER REFRAIN NEW CD USD $47.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World's End Girlfrie (2005, CD New) USD $36.42 Buy It Now 20 days
Mono- Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain CD USD $10.60 Buy It Now 20 days
PALMLESS PRAYER/MASS MURDER REFRAIN BY MONO (CD) USD $20.41 Buy It Now 20 days
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer Mass Murder Refrain [CD New] USD $23.28 Buy It Now 20 days
Mono & Worlds End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain CD USD $17.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Palmless Prayer Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World's End Girlfrie (2007, CD New) USD $21.38 Buy It Now 25 days
Palmless Prayer Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World's End Girlfriend New & Sealed USD $27.72 Buy It Now 26 days
Palmless Prayer/mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World's End Girlfriend New & Sealed USD $48.95 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy MONO music online Buy MONO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MONO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MONO Palmless Prayer-Mass Murder Refrain ratings distribution

MONO Palmless Prayer-Mass Murder Refrain reviews

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars What happens when two leading Japanese Post-Rock acts join forces together?

This album seems to be one of the best Post-Rock ones from so fruitful year of 2006. It sounds very much like modern classic than your usual 'guitars build climaxes' Post-Rock album. 5 long movements, each corresponding to ones in Classical Music: 1st is a prologue, 2nd is an interlude, 3rd is a main theme, 4th is another interlude and 5th is coda. My favourite is definitely 'Part Three' with simply 3- chord harmony and captivating melodic line. It's so utterly sad and beautifully dark, I wish Id had this track played on my funeral...but will I care then? He-he, anyway, with strings and pianos attached MONO's music gains universal volume, it becomes so astoundly big and awesome, that it's hard tos it through the whole record at once (at least, for me). If only those tracks could have been a little bit, a little bit I insist, SHORTER, I would happily submit my max rating to this amazing album. Highly recommended anyway and don't dare to miss it!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#165547) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 02, 2008

2 stars This album is a collaboration between MONO and WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND. It's well thought of by Post-Rock fans so take my review with a grain of salt.The big negative for me is the way the mournful violins dominate the sound. And they sort of drone on and on without much variance making this a long and boring listen. Especially considering it's 74 minutes long ! Now to be honest we do get some piano, guitar and samples, but not much. I was reminded of GY!BE with the violins, but nothing happens here, it doesn't explode or change like a GY!BE album does. I really blame WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND who really seem to be dominate. I love MONO but I wouldn't even know they were on here if it didn't say so on the cover.

Enough complaining. "Part One" meanders until the violin come in around 1 1/2 minutes, a second one joins in that's just as mournful. Acoustic guitar comes in later. "Part Two" features mournful violin melodies throughout until they stop around 12 1/2 minutes as the wind blows in. It blends into "Part Three" where acoustic guitar arrives. Violins start to lead around 6 minutes. It's mournful again until before 15 minutes when it calms right down.

"Part Four" has not only melancholic violins but depressing vocal melodies too. Awesome ! I'm just going to run out in front of that bus now. It's more intense after 6 minutes. Piano only 9 1/2 minutes in and it blends into "Part Five" where violins come in around 1 1/2 minutes joining the slowly played piano. It starts to build though especially 9 minutes in as guitar arrives. It settles back before 16 minutes. That was the most exciting track right there and more typical of Post-Rock.

This might be more attractive to WORLD'S END GIRLFRIEND fans than MONO fans. I found that out the hard way.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#226825) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009

5 stars Majestic, brilliant work of Mono, the union of the cello and violin with a thin layer of distorted guitars, which at first looks like a symphony, it turn to fleeting, the middle of this work is the culmination, so little and delicade voices appear to increase. This without any shame said is one of ... (read more)

Report this review (#424460) | Posted by yermandu | Tuesday, March 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MONO "Palmless Prayer-Mass Murder Refrain"