STRANGELET

- Mark Cook / Warr Guitar and devices
- John Fiveash / drum kit and cymbals
- Ernie Myers / vocals and guitars
- Martin McCall / drum kit and sundry percussions
- Steve Powell / bass, guitar, background vocals, additional keyboards, noises and samples

Independently released
Downloadable at iTunes

This album is dedicated to Ian Wallace (1946 - 2007)

Thanks to Cesar Inca for the addition

HANDS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HANDS Strangelet Music

HEAR! Soul / Funk 45 TYRONE DAVIS Turn Back the Hands Of Time on Dakar US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 26s
HEAR! Modern Soul Boogie 45 JOCELYN BROWN Hands Off on Urban Rock 8 US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 26s
T.S. MONK Candidate For Love/Can't Keep My Hands To Myself DISCO 45 rpm HEAR US $10.00 [0 bids]
32m 35s
Georgia Satellites Keep Your Hands To Yourself 45RPM Vinyl Single US $9.99 [0 bids]
38m 41s
NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS- 2-LOT, WORLD BOOGIE IS COMING, SHAKE HANDS W/ SHORTY US $15.00 Buy It Now 40m 24s
DECCA 60s rock 45 THE WHO - I Can See For Miles + Mary Anne With Shaky Hands US $3.00 [1 bids]
41m 22s
HEAR! Modern Soul Boogie 45 JOCELYN BROWN Hands Off on Urban Rock 9 US $15.00 Buy It Now 42m 27s
HEAR! Soul / Funk Promo 45 RONNIE MCNEIR Keep Your Hands Off My Lady on RCA (Pro US $15.00 Buy It Now 42m 27s
DEJAVU FEAT. TASMIN IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME 2000 ALMIGHTY RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m 1s
Eddie Fisher I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT YOU / TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME 45 record US $5.00 [0 bids]
50m 16s
Kenny O'Dell WE MIGHT BE ALL NIGHT / LET'S SHAKE HANDS AND COME - 45 RPM record US $2.00 [0 bids]
50m 16s
GEORGE WRIGHT, ORGAN, TOUCH OF YOUR HANDS (RARE) STEREO LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 59m 12s
BARSA 'Hands-Wings' (CD, 2007) Hard Rock US $10.60 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Mr. Vegas Pull Up / Hands In The Air / Tamale 12" Single NM PROMO 2003 8 trks US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
PAIN & ROSSINI - Hands Up Everybody 2009 - 8 track CD single US $14.16 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RUSH " A SHOW OF HANDS " RARE ORIGINAL US ROCK 2LP 1989 SEALED US $29.99 [0 bids]
Styxx Promo 45-Too Much Time On My Hands US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MATTIAS/G80'S feat MASTER FREEZ - Get Your Hands Up - CD single US $14.16 Buy It Now 1h 20m
sure shot . the hands of love / make me yours . phyliss dillion US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
HORACE PARLAN - KEEP YOUR HANDS WIDE OPEN NM M (OLUFSEN) LP US $31.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Jazz 45 JOE HENDERSON My Hands Are Tied on Todd 5 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
northern soul BILLY WELLS This Heart These Hands SWEET SOUL ~ NM ~ HEAR US $99.99 [1 bids]
R. Kelly PROMO CD/DVD If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time US $7.99 [0 bids]
LEVEL 42 HEAVEN IN MY HANDS ( 1988 7" VINYL SINGLE P/S ) US $5.02 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Hot Puppies - Blue Hands (CD 2008) US $8.37 Buy It Now 1h 42m
SATAN'S HOST - By The Hands Of The Devil CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Diana Trask 45 When I Get My Hands on You PROMO record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Slade - Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply - 1984 Cassette US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
The Wheels FOLLY Records 800 Clap Your Hands Pt 1 / Pt 2 45rpm US $14.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
TIM RYAN IDLE HANDS CD US $2.86 Buy It Now 2h 4m
JOHNNY OLIVER chain gang / these hands MGM 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Jazz 45 THE STAN GETZ QUINTET Time On My Hands / You Turned The Table On Me on C US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS Sometimes, Goodtimes on Ranch House US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Diana Trask 45 Shadow of My Man / When I Get My Hands on You record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 15m
PLAYS GREAT BLACK LABEL VICTOR RECORDS 19859 CLAP HANDS! HERE COMES CHARLIE US $8.99 [0 bids]
LEFTFIELD / LEFTISM / CASSETTE TAPE / HARD HANDS US $10.72 Buy It Now 2h 18m
THE BEAT Hands Off...She's Mine UK 45 1980 Ska US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Mr. Hands by Herbie Hancock (CD, Mar-2014, Sony Japan) US $9.99 [0 bids]
EARL BOSTIC: Ubangi Stomp / Time On My Hands (blues & r&b vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
LORD SUTCH AND HEAVY FRIENDS x 2 CD Hands Of Jack The Ripper RITCHIE BLACKMORE US $37.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Soul NM! 45 TYRONE DAVIS Turn Back The Hands Of Time on Dakar US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS Sitting On Top Of The World on Ranch Hou US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS Last Of The Outlaws on Ranch House US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve NEW 2 x LP US $31.22 Buy It Now 2h 36m
The Future Is In Your Hands Various Artists Digipack (2003 CD) US $4.18 Buy It Now 2h 40m
O´DONEL LEVY "HANDS OF FIRE", 2 LP, 1974, USA, RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Pablo Cruise "Out of Our Hands" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra Clap Hands Here Comes Charlie CD Big Band Jazz US $5.99 [0 bids]
LENNY CARSON - MOLASSES MOLASSES / EV'RYBODY CLAP HANDS - 1950 VG on DISCOVERY US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Hands on a Hard Body (Original Broadway Cast Recording), Hands on a Hard Body (O US $21.20 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS Love Put A Song In My Heart on Ranch Hou US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS On The Rebound on Ranch House US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Square Dance W/Calls 45 THE RANCH HANDS Movin' On on Ranch House US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Brick 45 Raise Your Hands Bang Promo 4802 Boogie US $2.75 Buy It Now 3h 30m
MANIAN - HANDS UP FOREVER (BONUS) (CD) (BONUS) (TRACKS) NEW CD US $29.46 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Chicago House 12" Rare! Unfinished Business Frankie Knuckles Out Of My Hands M- US $149.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Joe Haymes, Wah-Hoo!/I'm Gonna Clap My Hands, Banner 6-04-04 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
1940's/50's (?) Peter Pan Record Little Red Riding Hood/Mexican clap Hands Song US $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Ronica and the Mighty Blazing Stars Lord, It's In Your Hands US $29.98 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Brad Wilson - Hands on the Wheel (CD 2013) US $1.66 [0 bids]
Hollow * by Cut Off Your Hands (CD, Aug-2011, French Kiss) US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant by Belle & Sebastian MATADOR US $8.88 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Trailer Parks - Raise Your Hands In The Air #237339 US $8.37 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Carrion: The Crime Of Idle Hands CD 2003 Epicene Sound Systems #3 McCarthyism#6 US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 14m
RAUNCH HANDS: Pickin' And Singin' (folk vinyl LP) US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
DEE MULLINS, MELODEE RECORDS PROMO, CAN'T KEEP MY HANDS OFF YOU, CLEAR COLOR VIN US $5.00 [0 bids]
Many Hands: Family Music For Haiti / Various CD NEW US $14.46 Buy It Now 4h 18m
THE BEWTICHED HANDS ON THE TOP OF OUR HEADS w/ UNRELEASE TRK PROMO 7 INCH Vinyl US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
JUNIOR VASQUEZ MEETS FIRE ISLAND - GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MAN REMIXES 12" VINYL US $11.73 Buy It Now 4h 21m
With These Hands by Sunset Strings (CD, Sep-2004, BCI Music US $6.75 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Flash,w Peter Banks(GTFD-Sovereign-cap Out of our Hands US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Pickerel,Mark & His Praying Hands Cody`S Dream CD NEW US $14.45 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Lambchop MEADOWNOISE Deluxe Only 400 Made RSD 7 INCH VINYL & CD Hands of Cuba US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 27m
DIANA TRASK, Shadow Of My Man-When I Get My Hands On You , 45 DOT 17486 VG+ 1973 US $9.85 Buy It Now 4h 35m
JOE TEX * AIN'T GONNA BUMP NO MORE & I MESS UP EVERYTHING I GET MY HANDS ON US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Broken Hands - Down by the Current - 4 Track US $6.69 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Piano Works for 4 Hands, Schubert, Gulda, Hinterhuber, New US $8.01 Buy It Now 4h 39m
NOS MODERN ENGLISH....HANDS ACROSS THE SEA US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
BMX BANDITS Little hands w/ HOME RECORDING & ACOUSTIC TRX CD Single SEALED 1993 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 ALAN ANTHONY Turn Back the Hands Of Time on Chalet US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Show N Tell Captains Courageous and Hands Across The Sea ST 143 US $5.09 Buy It Now 4h 54m
SLIM WHITMAN on IMPERIAL Very Precious Love / Careless Hands US $5.00 [0 bids]
Jimmy Damon Decca 32412 Young Hearts, Young Hands US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
MAROON 5 - HANDS ALL OVER / LIVE FRIDAY THE 13th - 2 CD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
EXPLODE INTO COLOUR 7" EYES HANDS MOUTH Ltd Edn Vinyl US $6.69 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Eyes Open by Snow Patrol 2006 CD includes Chasing Cars, Hands Open, etc. US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Satans Host By The Hands Of The Devil CD NEW US $16.25 Buy It Now 5h 21m
DEBI ARNOLD Joe's Hands / Texas Twister NLT NEW 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Eddie Fisher: "Turn Back The Hands Of Time" & "I Can't Go On Without You" - NM! US $1.50 [0 bids]
cut off your hands - still fond - 7" vinyl single - indie US $11.73 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Doris Day 78 RPM Record "Kiss me goodbye love/Got him off my hands" US $16.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
45rpm~THOMPSON TWINS,The~Lay Your Hands On Me/The Lewis Carol?Vinyl 7"Record?EXC US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 38m
THE HUNDRED IN THE HANDS-PIGEONS SINGLE U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS182 # US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
LITTLE EVA: Keep Your Hands Off My Baby (soul vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Carol Simpson Careless Hands THUNDER INTL VG US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Some Loud Thunder - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah CD MINT #16-1 US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
THOMPSON TWINS LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME 1984 2 TK VINYL 12 INCH SINGLE *NEAR MINT US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 48m
MARGIE L'LANE, CARELESS HANDS - DRIFTWOOD LP 21632 US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Hands on a Hard Body Original Broadway Cast Recording CD US $13.18 Buy It Now 5h 54m

More places to buy HANDS music online Buy HANDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HANDS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HANDS Strangelet ratings distribution

HANDS Strangelet reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars The Texas prog scene has always been reliable and Dallas veterans Hands keep that tradition on track with this 2008 release. In fact, if it's possible for TexProg to have a sound, it would probably be encapsulated by these guys. Guitarist/singer Ernie Myers and keyboardist Michael Clay have been plying their brand of art rock with an edge since the 70s and though generally pegged as 'symphonic', there is a lot more going on. The production is roomy, warm and understated, and the band reflects subtle prog influences while maintaining a fairly original identity. Especially pleasing are the contrasts between Clay's classical piano breaks, Myers' guitar, percussionists Martin McCall & John Fiveash, and Mark Cook (Warr guitar) and Steve Powell (bass) holding the bottom together. Occasional reminders of everyone from the Crims to Rush as well as newer acts like the Flower Kings and even fellow Texans Thirteen of Everything but again, nothing blatant.

An electrical quaver and a distant vibration of alloy puts us on hold until a bit of riffage starts 'Dark Matter', growing into a 15-minute monster of multiple changes, acoustic interludes, hard rock and Myers' slightly nasal sneer. A beautiful jazz line from Clay's piano and some fiery organ/drum exchanges for instrumental 'Tambourin', great prog here with reflective passages of jazzicality and tight playing. Sentimental and odd 'Running Room' vaguely recalls later Beatles with a symphonic facelift and shows this ensemble's wide range. Bouncing 'Entry of the Shiny Beasts' slows enough to allow in a bit more jazz and some fun with the keyboard, the spirit of Roger Waters is invoked for 'Miracle in the Mind' complete with acid freakout, and very Crimsonian 'Rotten' to finish, a pounder with a delicately laced little midsection. Very cool stuff, especially for those interested in contemporary U.S. prog.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#168540) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Review by Cesar Inca
5 stars Being a real prog survivor from the 70s and with a wide array of influences and notions in its musical style, it is just a pity that Hands' discography hasn't been so consistent. It is also a miracle that in the idological-commerical circumstances that have shaped the music industry for the last 28 years this band still manages to make music in the new millennium. Not a miracle at all, but an absolute pleasure it is the fact that Hands' 2008 effort Strangelet happens to be one of the most solid and creative albums to be released in the current experimental rock scene. This album features a strong presence of guitars in many places: besides the habitual guitarist, the keyboardist and the bassist als oadd guitar inputs, plus veteran Stick/Warr Guitar player Mark Cook enters the band to make his own contribution. This is also teh first Hands album without a violinist and without a wind player, so I didn't kwno what to expect before getting it, but now I am totally convinced that the band remains as colorful as always, taking advantage of the present instrumental strategy. The opener is a very brief interlude that leads to the monster track 'Dark Matter', which lasts 15 minutes. The first sonorities offer a hybrid of Gordian Knot and Djam Karet, exploring an alternation of exotic Eastern-like textures and dense space rock- influenced passages. The heavy-friendly twists bring occasional ornaments in order to emphasize a sense of extravagance. The bucolic section that gets started at minute 7 bring a stylish serenity that gradually builds the elaboration of another bombastic section. The relatively Yessian epilogue tha tfills the track's last 2 minutes state a contemplative stance, with a cleverly ordained pompous closure. This track is pure progressiveness incarnated in a frame of modern sonic structures - 'Dark Matter' is a world in itself within the world that is Strangelet. 'Tambourin' features the piano on a prominent role: this piece goes to a different mood, combining the jazzy side of Keith Emerson and Happy the Man's lyrical reflectiveness. The instrumental approach takes fair advantage of the 5 ¾ minute span. 'Running Room', with a cadence that bears an unhidden inspiration from The Beatles' psychedelic era, may bring some memories from the early stages of The Flower Kings and Spock's Beard, more specifcially, during its first 4 minutes. Then comes a series of Gentle Giant-like tricks that brings an augmented intensity to the instrumental development, adding a variety so fluidly that it doesn't kill the natural flow. 'Entry of the Shiny Beasts' is based on a playful melodic approach to jazz-rock, stating a midway between late 70s Chick Corea and Happy the Man. 'Miracle in the Mind' offers a semi-acoustic portion that reminds us of a hybrid of King Crimson and Gentle Giant: there is an inevitable weirdness that fills the overall relaxing scheme. Things get more intense with the emergence of a tribal section, in which the plural drumming frenzy is augmented by soundscapes and street noises. The last 2 ½ minutes retake the opening motif with an extra touch of neurosis. But nowhere does this album get as neurotic as in the closing track, 'Rotten', which was recorded libve at Cristal Clear Sound Studios. This is a solid study of Crimsonian tension with a neccntuation of the hard rocking aspect. This album is a must for any lover of prog rock with a tight eclectic approach and abundant traces of creativity: in a few words, good prog rock music. Thsi album is dedicated to the memory of drummer Ian wallace (a friend of the band's), and honestly, I cannot imagine a better tribute than this magnum opus. Write down this item's name - Strangelet... and take into your collection!!

Send comments to Cesar Inca (BETA) | Report this review (#175511) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 27, 2008

Post a review of HANDS "Strangelet"