SILHOUETTES

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Textures Silhouettes album cover

Buy TEXTURES Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Old Days Born Anew (5:36)
2. The Sun's Architect (5:16)
3. Awake (4:10)
4. Laments of an Icarus (4:13)
5. One Eye for a Thousand (6:13)
6. State of Disobedience (4:12)
7. Storm Warning (5:47)

- Richard Reitdijk / synthesizers
- Remko Tielemans / bass
- Bart Hennephof / guitars
- Eric Kalsbeek / vocals

CD Listenable Records (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to rushfan4 for the last updates

TEXTURES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TEXTURES Silhouettes Music

SilhouettesSilhouettes
Listenable Records 2008
Silhouettes by Textures [Music CD]Silhouettes by Textures [Music CD]
Listenable Records

More places to buy TEXTURES music online Buy TEXTURES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TEXTURES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TEXTURES Silhouettes ratings distribution

TEXTURES Silhouettes reviews

Review by horsewithteeth11
4 stars Edit: While this is a good album, over some more time, I don't think it's quite a masterpiece, as some of the pieces feel a bit too samey. However, this is a still a worthwhile tech/extreme album to check out.

This is finally the album that I was hoping Textures would release. "Drawing Circles" had shown us what kind of potential the band has in them and I firmly believe they've finally realized that potential with this release.

"Silhouettes" is still the same brand of fairly technical death metal that Textures has provided us with in the past, but this is by far their most melodic album so far. What we saw in bits and pieces on "Drawing Circles" has come together to form full songs. Eric Kalsbeek also utilizes his clean vocals much more frequently ("Awake" and "Messengers" stand out the most). The synths also have a much more powerful punch to their sound, even more so than previously, but still add the same beauty that makes the music of Textures so captivating. This is also probably the most accessible release from them to date because of how melodic this album is. But at the same time, it's still quite brutal music. Really, this release is more of everything Textures is great at doing with more melody and intensity.

I think that with this release, Textures affirmed my beliefs that they're on their way to the upper crust of the new wave of tech/extreme bands. Another release as good as this and hopefully people will start talking about them more. With an album as amazing as "Silhouettes" sounds, I have to give this a 5 star ranking. I really can't find any fault with this album and tech/extreme fans should get themselves acquainted with this fabulous release.

Send comments to horsewithteeth11 (BETA) | Report this review (#219891) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 04, 2009

3 stars When I saw the amount of reviews on this record I must say I was surprised. I mean, haven't "Silhouettes" and Textures been around for quite some time now? I remember when "Drawing Circles" was released, it was all the rage in most metal magazines I read at the time(not that many, I admit). But t ... (read more)

Report this review (#251862) | Posted by Lezaza | Friday, November 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Textures offered up a chunk of good work with their release Silhouettes. Of course, it is pretty standard for Tech metal, but it's still interesting a lot of the time. Many people point to them as a clone of Meshuggah. Their influences from Meshuggah are certainly very apparent, as their song ... (read more)

Report this review (#231777) | Posted by topofsm | Saturday, August 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars 4+ ooooh... if you can, go buy this album and don't read this review. If you can't right now, here goes. This album buy Textures carries one of the most achieved sounds we can here today. This band from Holland have one of the cleanest, most polished sounds in extreme metal today. Powerful, subtl ... (read more)

Report this review (#231073) | Posted by mono | Tuesday, August 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TEXTURES "Silhouettes"