ELECTRIC DAY

Buy YOU Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

A1. Electric Day (5:51)
A2. Magooba (6:30)
A3. Son Of A True Star (5:03)
A4. Sequential Spectrums Part 1 (2:01)
B1. Sequential Spectrums Part 2 (0:45)
B2. Slow Go (11:56)

- Albin Meskes / synth
- Uli Weber / guitars
- "Lhan Gopal" alias Harald Grosskopf / acoustic drums & synth

Bellaphon CL 5803 LP

Thanks to Bilek for the addition

YOU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOU Electric Day Music

vintage j 45 rpm 31231 IT'S NEVER TOO LATE - YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME - Brenda Lee US $0.99 [0 bids]
29m 41s
DAVID ESSEX You'Re In My Heart 7" Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 29m 41s
NIRVANA Smells Like Teen Spirit & Drain You 45 rpm 7" vinyl record + title card US $27.97 Buy It Now 29m 48s
DAVID GRANT Watching You Watching Me 7" Ps, B/W In The Flow Of Love, Gran 2 (Vg US $5.05 Buy It Now 29m 56s
(D747) The Hours, Back When You Were Good - DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 30m 8s
SHANICE WILSON "(Baby Tell Me) Can You Dance" 12" vinyl record EX US $2.99 [0 bids]
30m 11s
Melinda Doolittle: Coming Back to You (New CD) US $3.00 Buy It Now 30m 19s
FRANK HOUSTON JR why did you lie / i know now i was wrong 7" Promo B US $800.00 Buy It Now 30m 19s
I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat (Cassette Single, 1988) in NM US $3.79 Buy It Now 30m 27s
The Isley Brothers featuring Mr Biggs What Would You Do? US $6.99 Buy It Now 30m 28s
DAWN Tie A Yellow Ribbon 7" B/W I Can'T Believe How Much I Love You, Bell 1287 US $8.43 Buy It Now 30m 36s
DAZZ BAND Let It All Blow 7" B/W Now That I Have You, Tmg 1361 US $6.74 Buy It Now 30m 39s
Diamond 10" 78/Danny Ryan/You Can Take My Word For It Baby/Yes Yes Honey/E!!! US $6.50 Buy It Now 30m 42s
PHILLY SOUL 45-SONS OF ROBIN STONE-GOT TO GET YOU BACK-ATCO-LISTEN US $39.99 [0 bids]
30m 48s
DEACON BLUE When Will You Make My Telephone Ring 7" Ps US $6.74 Buy It Now 30m 49s
STEREO POP/RELIGOUS LP - BROOK BENTON - MERCURY 60619 - "IF YOU BELIEVE" US $20.00 Buy It Now 30m 50s
Samiam - Whatevers Got You Down NEW LP US $23.71 Buy It Now 30m 52s
Dixie Chicks COURT YARD HOUNDS See you In 7 Inch VINYL Record Store day RSD US $24.99 Buy It Now 30m 56s
Client - You Can Dance NEW LP US $28.87 Buy It Now 30m 57s
HERB & BRENDA ROONEY - THE EXCITERS 45 Do What You Think Is Right - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 23s
DEF LEPPARD Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad 7" Ps, B/W From The Inside, Lep US $8.43 Buy It Now 31m 26s
DEF LEPPARD Make Love Like A Man 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W Miss You In A Heartbe US $8.43 Buy It Now 31m 38s
IDRIS MUHAMMAD 45 I Believe In You / I'm So Glad - NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 31m 38s
A Great Big Pile Of Leaves - You're Always On My Mind NEW LP US $21.13 Buy It Now 31m 47s
IVORY JOE HUNTER 45 Ivory Tower / I'll Give You All Night To Stop (promo) - NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 31m 49s
DEL AMITRI When You Were Young 7" Ps, B/W Long Journey Home, Am0132 US $8.43 Buy It Now 31m 51s
1969 Lou Christie "I'm Gonna Make You Mine-I'm Gonna Get Married" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 31m 56s
HERNANDEZ vs DJ TYO - Let You Down - 12" US $16.55 Buy It Now 31m 58s
Mozart, W.A., Requiem: Music for You Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 32m 3s
Third Eye Blind ?- Never Let You Go (CD PROMO /1 SONG no AUDIO BIO) PRCD 1425-2 US $5.99 Buy It Now 32m 6s
DEPECHE MODE See You 7" Ps, B/W Now This Is Fun, 7 Mute 018 (Vinyl Vg, Light Su US $8.43 Buy It Now 32m 11s
Small Ball Paul-YOU IN FLAMES-St.Louis MO.Guitar/Cd's US $7.99 Buy It Now 32m 20s
Sparkle Told You So CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 32m 24s
VG++ READY FOR THE WORLD LOVE YOU DOWN 1985 45 RPM MCA 52947 PROMO COPY US $2.98 Buy It Now 32m 41s
DIANA ROSS & JULIO IGLESIAS All Of You 7" Ps US $6.74 Buy It Now 32m 45s
(CU587) The Loud, Mother Warned Me About Girls Like You - DJ CD US $4.14 Buy It Now 32m 45s
Harry James You made Me Love you's 8 track tape US $0.99 [0 bids]
32m 46s
DEAD PRESIDENTS - Wanna Be With You - 12" US $12.76 Buy It Now 32m 59s
Alex Brown: Love Really Hurts Without You / Ride a Wild Horse [NEW US $13.97 Buy It Now 33m
CHARLOTTE HATHERLEY I Want You To Know 2007 UK 3-track promo test CD US $6.74 [0 bids]
33m 4s
JEWEL AKENS "A Slice Of The Pie" b/w "You Better Believe It" Promo ERA 3156 NM US $34.99 Buy It Now 33m 13s
ARTISTICS "You Left Me" b/w "Lonely Old World" BRUNSWICK 55384 Ex+/NM- US $14.99 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Driver You're So Dumb 7" ISD Oi ROR 4 Skins Templars Skinhead KBD Chiswick NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 14s
RAL DONNER STARFIRES, YOU DON'T KNOW - GONE 7" US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 17s
DICKIES Paranoid 7" Clear Vinyl, Ps, Orig 1978 Ltd Edition, B/W I'M Ok You'Re O US $13.51 Buy It Now 33m 20s
NOW HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY? 18-TRACK U.S PROMO DJ CD C24 # US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 24s
Various Artists Love You So Much (Import) CD US $5.33 Buy It Now 33m 27s
LuLu Belle & Scotty, Have I Told You Lately CD (Double play CD) US $12.99 [0 bids]
33m 28s
1989 Dean Dillon It's Love That Make You Sexy Capitol B-44400 45 rpm NM Vimyl US $5.50 Buy It Now 33m 33s
DIONNE WARWICK Heartbreaker 7" Ps, B/W I Can'T See Anything But You US $8.43 Buy It Now 33m 35s
Marti Pellow-Close to you-Promo cd single US $5.05 Buy It Now 33m 54s
DODGY Found You 7" Ps, 3 Tracks US $8.43 Buy It Now 34m 9s
Z.Z. HILL "AM I GROOVIN' YOU" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 34m 12s
DODGY If You'Re Thinking Of Me 7" Ps+Poster US $8.43 Buy It Now 34m 13s
Wagon Christ - "Sorry I Make You Lush" 2x12" LP 2004 UK Ninja Tune, ZEN 91 VG+ US $18.00 [0 bids]
34m 14s
SALLY NIGHT-BALLADS FOR YOU-JAPAN LP J25 US $44.99 Buy It Now 34m 22s
He's Working It Out for You - Shirley Caesar (Cassette 1991, Word) NEW in Shrink US $12.99 Buy It Now 34m 26s
for When You're Alone [music to relax by], , Good US $1.19 Buy It Now 34m 31s
DOLLY DOTS Where Were You 7" Ps, B/W Nhema Musasa (Vg/Vg) US $6.74 Buy It Now 35m 3s
(CU616) Mclusky, She Will Only Bring You Happiness - DJ CD US $4.14 Buy It Now 35m 3s
Byron Stingily? Why Can't You Be Real? CD Maxi Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 35m 4s
Jody Watley 45 "Don't You Want Me" w/Picture Sleeve US $5.24 Buy It Now 35m 4s
Mary J Blige-You remind me-1993 radio station cd single US $6.74 Buy It Now 35m 9s
BRIAN POOLE AND THE TREMELOES"DO YOU LOVE ME"1963 DECCA+COVER.NEAR MINT UPGRADER US $6.76 Buy It Now 35m 13s
Bob Luman Still Loving You I'm Gonna Write A Song 45RPM 7", Good US $2.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
Vicki Shepard? Somewhere 2000 / All I Ask Of You 2001 CD Maxi Single US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 18s
Barbara Mason: From His Woman to You / When You Wake Up in Georgia [Unplayed] US $7.97 Buy It Now 35m 25s
Barry Manilow - Can't Smile Without You 7" Vinyl 45 Arista Records VG+ 1978 US $3.00 Buy It Now 35m 25s
BANG BANG/IF YOU GO AWAY - New Crusade, 1968, Promo US $2.95 [0 bids]
35m 30s
Trickside-NEW YORK-NY-Under You-VOCAL-Pop-ROCK-Guitar US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 36s
Mary Kiani-I give it all to you-Promo cd single US $3.36 Buy It Now 35m 49s
Lovin Spoonful,CD,Do You Believe in Magic & Other Hits US $5.49 Buy It Now 35m 52s
(CU629) Primrose, The Best In You - DJ CD US $4.14 Buy It Now 36m 5s
Phil Leeds Would You Believe It 45RPM US $2.00 Buy It Now 36m 7s
You're Lookin' At Country+Loretta Lynn+Vinyl+Very Good US $4.99 Buy It Now 36m 8s
Bob Luman Meet Mr. Mud Still Loving You 45RPM 7", Good US $2.00 Buy It Now 36m 9s
ASWAD LP GAVE YOU MY LOVE US $2.99 Buy It Now 36m 17s
DORIS D AND THE PINS Shine Up 7" Ps, B/W Just Me And You US $8.43 Buy It Now 36m 18s
1200's Never Die-EMINEM-Hot Karl-DREE (sealed) D.J. RECTANGLE-You Must Be Crazy US $24.98 Buy It Now 36m 21s
MOSS & SAZADE - You're Not Alone - 12" US $9.80 Buy It Now 36m 23s
DAMAGE Since You've Been Gone 2001 UK 17-track promo test CD Emma Bunton US $10.14 [0 bids]
36m 32s
INGE (CD) "I SEE YOU" 2010 INGE MUSIC (SINGER SONGWRITER) US $3.99 Buy It Now 36m 34s
DR HOOK Sharing The Night Together 7" Ps, Dutch Issue, B/W You Make My Pants Wa US $10.12 Buy It Now 36m 39s
And You Will Know Us By The Trai , Audio CD, Relative Ways US $6.97 Buy It Now 36m 39s
Chick Bullock, The Loveliness of You/Afraid to Dream, Melotone 7-10-03 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 49s
Buddy Johnson, Fine Brown Frame/That's The Stuff You Gotta Watch, Decca 48019 US $10.00 [0 bids]
36m 50s
Fletcher Henderson, Jangled Nerves/I'll Always Be In Love With You, Victor 25317 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 50s
Tommy Dorsey, I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You/I've Got A Note, Victor 25236 US $6.00 [0 bids]
36m 51s
Ink Spots, Who Do You Know In Heaven/You're Breaking My Heart, Decca 24693 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 51s
Sammy Kaye, Seeing You Again Die Me No Good/Somebody Else Is Taking My Place US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 51s
Joe Venuti, Gather Lip Rouge While You May/I Want to Ring Bells, Melotone M12807 US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 51s
Paul Whiteman, Louisiana/You Took Advantage of Me, Victor 25369 US $8.00 [0 bids]
36m 51s
Hank Williams, I Just Don't Like This Kind of Livin'/May You Never Be Alone, MGM US $7.00 [0 bids]
36m 52s
Bill Kenny, Please, Mr Sun/If I Forget You, Decca 27946 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 53s
David Rose, Laura/Sweet Sue - Just You, MGM 30018 US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 54s
Ken Remo, You You You/Ufemia, MGM 11512 US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 54s
Vic Damone, Vagabond Shoes/I Hadn't Anyone Till You, Mercury 5429 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 56s
Frankie Laine, Georgia on My Mind/You're Just the Kind, Mercury 5293 US $4.00 [0 bids]
36m 56s
Duke Ellington, The Girl In My Dreams Tries To Look Like You/Flamingo, Victor US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 57s
Billy Daniels, The Game Of Love/I Still Get A Thrill Thinking Of You, Mercury US $7.00 [0 bids]
36m 57s

More places to buy YOU music online Buy YOU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOU Electric Day ratings distribution

YOU Electric Day reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Final gasps of the seventies

The tail-end of the seventies was a confusing time musically. In many ways you could say that the progressive scene, be that the rock, electronic or both coupled up together - came together in a very homogeneous way that foretold the sonic soap operas of the impending decade. Music got slick and smooth, and a certain metallic and industrial tone had suddenly infected the different recording studios. The sounds of the synthesiser are testimony to this hypothesis of mine. Having spawned from the vibrant and vivacious drive masterly conveyed on classic electronic records such as Alpha Centauri and Blackdance - now those synths took on the very thing that people associated them with: Robots.

You is a fine example of this evolution. They produced their first album in 1979 with the gift of hindsight and the ability to choose from whatever slice of Germanic electro history they saw fit. With the add on of Harald Grosskopf, I guess the group naturally leaned towards that ever so floating Klaus Schulze universe. Remember Grosskopf played with Schulze on the Bodylove soundtrack as well as Moondawn. Still, like I said, the feel of the music is one of order and metal. The recording techniques had revolutionised themselves so as you finally could purchase an album without all of the inappropriate 'noise'... Needless to say(mostly because I keep saying this....) that I've always thought of noise as half of the music. Those ambient oscillations emanating from instruments that take up the invisible room of any recording are priceless and irreplaceable - but whatever you do - don't kill 'em.

Now whilst some sections on this debut album feel somewhat close to the great oceanic textures of the aforementioned electronic guru and pioneer, you also sense a devout and knowledgeable act that know their way around musicians like Moebius, Froese, Schnitzler and Hoenig. The one thing You manage to slap onto the proceedings here that set them slightly apart is speed. The first cut illustrates just how brilliantly and innovatively they do this - sounding like an amphetamine fuelled Berlin school track with a motorik groove that goes faster than anything else from the scene I've come across before.

Other than that, you are facing sequencers up the wazoo, the occasional mellotron as well as those soapy synths that pre-dated the whole 'new age' scene by a couple of years. Real acoustic drumming courtesy of Monsieur Grosskopf and last but not least: Edgar Froese guitar stylings, which incidentally just means David Gilmour butter fingers fondling up the odd guitar string now and again.

I think the tracks on this debut all are pretty good. I actually find some of them quite refreshing and successful, and I'll happily recommend this one to anyone seeking a way into the German electronic scene. I would think the combination of guitar and drums eases the rock fiend's relentless cravings.

If you enjoy the late 70s electronic scene - the moment before the wave broke and flooded the lands with plastic and marshmallow antics, then you should probably take a chance on this recording. Sure, you get a lot of the usual sonic suspects, but there is a charm and warmth to some of these cuts that are as welcome and innovative to the scene as a metallic elbow on your forehead, yet somehow this thing works. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#798374) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012

Post a review of YOU "Electric Day"