ELECTRIC DAY

Buy YOU Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

A1. Electric Day (5:51)
A2. Magooba (6:30)
A3. Son Of A True Star (5:03)
A4. Sequential Spectrums Part 1 (2:01)
B1. Sequential Spectrums Part 2 (0:45)
B2. Slow Go (11:56)

- Albin Meskes / synth
- Uli Weber / guitars
- "Lhan Gopal" alias Harald Grosskopf / acoustic drums & synth

Bellaphon CL 5803 LP

Thanks to Bilek for the addition

YOU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOU Electric Day Music

Blue Cheer - What Doesn't Kill You... CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 29m 37s
PIPKINS YAKETY YAK ARE YOU COOKIN GOOSE NM 45RPM VEE 33 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 2s
PARTRIDGE FAMILY YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND 45RPM OFFERS VEE 27 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
DERRINGER YOU CAN HAVE ME UNPLAYED? 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEE 127 ZD US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
MIRASERGIO FRANCHI MORE LAUGH YOU SILLY CLOWN USA NM UNPLAYED? 45rpm VEF 158 ZM US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
KINGSTON TRIO HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NM UNPLAYED? 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP VEB 68 ZK US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
TANTRUM YOU CAME TO ME KIDNAPPED USA NM 45RPM 7IN INTL SHIP VEH 29 ZT US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
BOBBY WOMACK NOBODY WANTS YOU WHEN YOU'RE DOWN AND OUT NM 45RPM VEJ 160 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
PETER GORDON LETTERMEN YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELING VEK 151 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
GIORGIO KNIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN I WANNA FUNK WITH YOU NM INTL SHIP VEG 72 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
GRINDERSWITCH YOU'RE SO FINE NOBODY CAN NM UNPLAYED? 7 in 45rpm VEL 76 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
RICK JAMES YOU AND I NM 45RPM INTL SHIP? VEA 119 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
RONNIE MCDOWELL JORDANAIRES JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW ANIMAL NM VED 98 ZM US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
NEIL YOUNG THIS NOTE'S FOR YOU 45rpm VEH 200 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
HEART RAISED ON YOU DOWN ON ME NM UNPLAYED? 45rpm VEF 164 ZH US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
ANIMALS YOU'RE ON MY MIND NM USA 45rpm VEJ 85 ACL OFFERS? US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
PASSIONS I ONLY WANT YOU THIS IS MY LOVE 7 in 45rpm VED 93 ACL OFFERS? US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
JOAN ARMATRADING WHEN YOU KISSES ME UNPLAYED? 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEB 138 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
BRASS RING DATING GAME DIS-ADVANTAGES OF YOU NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEF 68 ZB US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
BEVERLY BREMERS MAKE YOU MUSIC I MADE A MAN OUT OF YOU NM UNPLAYED? VEF 113 ZB US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
HOODOO GURUS I WANT YOU BACK PROMO RARE NM 45 RPM 7 INT SHIP DEALS VEA 30 ZH US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
LESLEY GORE IT'S GOTTA BE YOU NM UNPLAYED? 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP? VED 16 ACL OFRS? US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
mouth macneal why did you hey you love NM 45 RPM 7 INT SHIP DEALS VED 112 ZM US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
45 Promo Don Fardon: Sally Goes Round The Mountain (b/w How Do You...) GNP MINT- US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 9s
45 The Righteous Brothers: Try To Find Another Man (b/w I Still Love You); MINT- US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 9s
45 The Dells: Pain In My Heart (b/w Time Makes You Change); Oldies 45 OL98; MINT US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Nelson Riddle: I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You (b/w Lisbon Antigua); MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Promo The Fields: Bide My Time (b/w Take You Home); Original UNI 55106; MINT US $49.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 The Rolling Stones: Dandelion b/w We Love You; London 45-905, Original MINT- US $19.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Jimmy Bowen: I'm Stickin' with You (b/w Warm Up To Me Baby); Roulette, MINT- US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Jerry Butler: He Will Break Your Heart (b/w Thanks To You); Oldies 45; MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Dee Clark: Raindrops (b/w I Want To Love You): Oldies 45 OL 16; MINT- US $2.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 w/PS Chad & Jeremy: If I Loved You (b/w Donna Donna) World Artists 1041; MINT US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 The Cupids: Brenda (b/w For You); Orig. KC 115; MINT; Beautiful, Never Played US $19.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
Rare 45 Promo Captain Zoom: I Really Want You (b/w Long Tall Texan); A US $24.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Marianne Faithfull: Is This What I Get For Loving You (Tomorrow's Calling) M- US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 The Buckinghams: Don't You Care (b/w Why Don't You Love Me); Columbia; MINT- US $9.99 [1 bids]
30m 10s
45 Promo Eddie Reeves: Heartbreakin' (b/w You Ain't the First) Orig Ascot; MINT- US $24.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 The Crazy World of Arthur Brown: I Put A Spell On You (b/w Nightmare); MINT- US $7.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Jackie deShannon: I Can Make It With You (b/w To Be Myself); Imperial; MINT- US $7.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Donovan: Universal Soldier (b/w Do You Hear Me Now); Original Hickory; MINT US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Johnny Burnette: You're (16) Sixteen (b/w Big Big World); Liberty Hits; MINT- US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
45 Promo w/PS Chad & Jeremy: I Don't Want To Lose You Baby; Columbia 43339 MINT- US $19.99 [0 bids]
30m 10s
Ames Brothers: I Wanna Love You / I''ll Stll Love You - 45 RPM - Coral 9-60617 US $3.97 Buy It Now 30m 20s
TONY BENNETT NM 45 rpm BECAUSE OF YOU I won't cry anymore 4-39362 COLUMBIA vinyl US $5.97 Buy It Now 30m 20s
LOVIN' SPOONFUL: You're a Big Boy Now - 33 LP - Kama Sutra, KLP8058 (1967) US $2.97 Buy It Now 30m 20s
Frankie Laine: When You're in Love / The Gandy Dancers Ball - Columbia 4-39665 US $3.97 Buy It Now 30m 20s
JOE BENNETT & THE SPARKLETONES are you from dixie / beautiful one 7" VG 45-542 US $15.00 Buy It Now 30m 33s
George Evans ^ Eyes for You CD NEW SEALED US $4.99 Buy It Now 30m 46s
RAY CONNIFF 16 Most Requested Songs CD Classic 70s Pop YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE US $7.59 Buy It Now 30m 53s
Jerry Lee Lewis I'm Left You're Right / I've Fallen To The Bottom Vinyl 45 US $6.29 Buy It Now 30m 54s
Steve Gibson Where Are you / San Antone Rose Vinyl 45 PROMO US $9.75 Buy It Now 31m 13s
Soul CD - Howard Tate - Get It While You Can - Verve- Limited edition US $15.84 [9 bids]
31m 24s
Clean Reel To Reel Tape ACID Psych THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE 1967 ARE YOU EXPR US $39.00 [1 bids]
31m 29s
Bloodcurdling TERROR Horror Sounds To Make You Shiver LP HALLOWEEN Fave SHRINKWR US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 38s
MIKA VAINIO - LIFE IT EATS YOU UP NEW CD US $21.77 Buy It Now 31m 58s
Praise to All You Hear - Aoeria New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $16.58 Buy It Now 32m 12s
ALIAS what you see 12" Mint- Promo URBTAKE23 Vinyl 2001 Drum n Bass UK US $10.00 Buy It Now 32m 24s
WAYNE HUNTER: Starting All Over Again / O-o-h, I Can't Get Over You US $40.00 Buy It Now 32m 29s
Bobby Bland Thats Why/Ill Take Care Of You 45 V+ Condition US $8.50 Buy It Now 32m 32s
Locomotive We Are Everything You See LP 1988 Zap UK reissue US $57.18 Buy It Now 32m 33s
JEWEL - PIECES OF YOU - CD Liner Notes Fold Out / Back Insert (1995) US $3.50 Buy It Now 32m 53s
SEASICK STEVE - YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS NEW VINYL US $22.10 Buy It Now 33m 33s
GALLERY - NICE TO BE WITH YOU: ALL TIME GREATEST PERFORMANCES - NEW CD US $7.47 Buy It Now 33m 54s
SAMI JO I'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SAY NM 45RPM INTL SHIP VEK 59 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 58s
DEL FUEGOS I'LL SLEEP WITH YOU NM 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEE 56 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 58s
FRED PARRIS DAYS GONE BY LOVING YOU NM 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP? VEA 69 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
ANGEL CAN YOU FEEL IT WINTER SONG NM UNPLAYED? 45rpm VEJ 68 ACL OFFERS? US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
MIKE THEODORE BULL I LOVE THE WAY YOU MOVE NM USA INTL SHIP VEG 149 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
STAPLE SINGERS LOVE COMES IN ALL COLORS IF YOU'RE READY USA NM 45RPM VEI 67 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
BREAD YOU CAN'T MEASURE THE COST NM 45RPM INTL SHIP VEK 61 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
MCFADDEN WHITEHEAD MR MUSIC DO YOU WANT TO DANCE USA NM 45RPM SLSI 48 ZW US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
BT EXPRESS WHATCHA THINK ABOUT THAT CLOSE TO YOU NM 7in 45rpm VEF 42 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
CHERYL LYNN I'VE GOT FAITH IN YOU CHANCES NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP SLSG 156 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
QUINCY JONES I'LL BE GOOD TO YOU NM 45RPM SLSO 16 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
AMERICA I NEED YOU RIVERSIDE USA 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP VEJ 148 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN DARK IF YOU LEAVE NM UNPLAYD? 7in 45rpm SLSG 226 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
GLADYS KNIGHT LOVE GIVE YOU THE POWER HOME AGAIN UNPLAYED? 7 in 45rpm VEJ 4 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
RONNIE DYSON PROMO WHY CAN'T I TOUCH YOU NM 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEK 141 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
GARY WRIGHT STARRY EYED LOSING YOU NM UNPLAYED? 45rpm INTL SHIP VEL 68 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
CHAMBERS BROTHERS ARE YOU READY POWER NM 7 in 45rpm VEG 113 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
CRAZY WORLD ARTHUR BROWN NIGHTMARE PUT SPELL YOU 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEF 119 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 59s
Kooper Al-I Stand Alone/You Never Know CD NEW US $26.06 Buy It Now 34m 3s
Fresh Tunes No 1 ^ Do You Know What I Mean? 8 Track EP CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 34m 35s
HAROLD MELVIN & BLUENOTES: If You Don't Know Me By Now / Let Me Into Your World US $15.00 Buy It Now 34m 37s
Elvis Presley ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? Camden LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 34m 40s
STANLEY TURRENTINE WHAT ABOUT YOU LP ORIG '78 FANTASY JAZZ FUNK RARE GROOVE NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 45s
JOSIE COTTON JOHNNY ARE YOU QUEER? 12" ORIG '81 BOMP! NEW WAVE POP NM IN SHRINK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 45s
O.C.M. WATCH HOW YOU SLANG 12" OG '94 QWEST RARE RANDOM RAP HIP HOP MINT SEALED! US $7.99 [0 bids]
TONI PEAREN I Want You OZ CD Single US $8.75 Buy It Now 34m 51s
The Avett Brothers "I and Love and You"2x LP CD/DVD Box Set OOP Autograph Signed US $199.99 Buy It Now 35m 2s
THE BEAUMONTS - WHERE DO YOU WANT IT? - NEW CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 35m 13s
GARY BARLOW - SINCE I SAW YOU LAST [GARY BARLOW] - NEW CD US $7.73 Buy It Now 35m 24s
BEE GEES 45 RPM "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" "Country Woman" VG- Condition US $2.99 Buy It Now 35m 29s
ray charles - baby, dont you cry - abc paramount 10530 - nm - ref# 13,825 US $8.99 [0 bids]
35m 36s
NIKITA WARREN-I need you-1996 NUSH/BASEMENT JAXX-RMX 12 US $4.88 Buy It Now 35m 41s
YOU AM I - CREAM & THE CROCK: THE BEST OF YOU AM I - NEW CD US $17.14 Buy It Now 35m 54s
RARE,45 RPM, MAX, Tin Soldier / While You Sleep, Sunday label, Psych Hard Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
36m 1s
YOU AM I ADAM'S RIB RARE OZ 3 TRACK CD SINGLE RA US $21.95 Buy It Now 36m 26s
AC/DC - IF YOU WANT BLOOD YOU GOT IT - SEALED VINYL LP (2003 COLUMBIA) US $3.99 [0 bids]
36m 31s

More places to buy YOU music online Buy YOU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOU Electric Day ratings distribution

YOU Electric Day reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Final gasps of the seventies

The tail-end of the seventies was a confusing time musically. In many ways you could say that the progressive scene, be that the rock, electronic or both coupled up together - came together in a very homogeneous way that foretold the sonic soap operas of the impending decade. Music got slick and smooth, and a certain metallic and industrial tone had suddenly infected the different recording studios. The sounds of the synthesiser are testimony to this hypothesis of mine. Having spawned from the vibrant and vivacious drive masterly conveyed on classic electronic records such as Alpha Centauri and Blackdance - now those synths took on the very thing that people associated them with: Robots.

You is a fine example of this evolution. They produced their first album in 1979 with the gift of hindsight and the ability to choose from whatever slice of Germanic electro history they saw fit. With the add on of Harald Grosskopf, I guess the group naturally leaned towards that ever so floating Klaus Schulze universe. Remember Grosskopf played with Schulze on the Bodylove soundtrack as well as Moondawn. Still, like I said, the feel of the music is one of order and metal. The recording techniques had revolutionised themselves so as you finally could purchase an album without all of the inappropriate 'noise'... Needless to say(mostly because I keep saying this....) that I've always thought of noise as half of the music. Those ambient oscillations emanating from instruments that take up the invisible room of any recording are priceless and irreplaceable - but whatever you do - don't kill 'em.

Now whilst some sections on this debut album feel somewhat close to the great oceanic textures of the aforementioned electronic guru and pioneer, you also sense a devout and knowledgeable act that know their way around musicians like Moebius, Froese, Schnitzler and Hoenig. The one thing You manage to slap onto the proceedings here that set them slightly apart is speed. The first cut illustrates just how brilliantly and innovatively they do this - sounding like an amphetamine fuelled Berlin school track with a motorik groove that goes faster than anything else from the scene I've come across before.

Other than that, you are facing sequencers up the wazoo, the occasional mellotron as well as those soapy synths that pre-dated the whole 'new age' scene by a couple of years. Real acoustic drumming courtesy of Monsieur Grosskopf and last but not least: Edgar Froese guitar stylings, which incidentally just means David Gilmour butter fingers fondling up the odd guitar string now and again.

I think the tracks on this debut all are pretty good. I actually find some of them quite refreshing and successful, and I'll happily recommend this one to anyone seeking a way into the German electronic scene. I would think the combination of guitar and drums eases the rock fiend's relentless cravings.

If you enjoy the late 70s electronic scene - the moment before the wave broke and flooded the lands with plastic and marshmallow antics, then you should probably take a chance on this recording. Sure, you get a lot of the usual sonic suspects, but there is a charm and warmth to some of these cuts that are as welcome and innovative to the scene as a metallic elbow on your forehead, yet somehow this thing works. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#798374) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012

Post a review of YOU "Electric Day"