ELECTRIC DAY

Buy YOU Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

A1. Electric Day (5:51)
A2. Magooba (6:30)
A3. Son Of A True Star (5:03)
A4. Sequential Spectrums Part 1 (2:01)
B1. Sequential Spectrums Part 2 (0:45)
B2. Slow Go (11:56)

- Albin Meskes / synth
- Uli Weber / guitars
- "Lhan Gopal" alias Harald Grosskopf / acoustic drums & synth

Bellaphon CL 5803 LP

Thanks to Bilek for the addition

YOU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOU Electric Day Music

LARRY MARSHALL / I ADMIRE YOU IN DUB / CD ALBUM BRAND NEW US $8.14 [0 bids]
29m 39s
PHYLLIS HYMAN-YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME / GIVE A LITTLE MORE-70'S MODERN SOUL 45 o US $8.00 [0 bids]
29m 43s
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 STEPHEN BISHOP / DAVE GRUSIN It Might Be You (Theme From "T US $5.00 Buy It Now 30m 3s
David Bowie 7" single Love you till Tuesday & London boys UK Decca Press US $16.29 [1 bids]
30m 10s
Dick Haymes cd You'll Never Know US $8.99 Buy It Now 30m 13s
I Wish You Love - Andre Kostelanetz and His Orchestra - Reel to reel album, 7" US $19.99 Buy It Now 30m 19s
THE HARBINGERS - TOMPKINS SQUARE / ITS TIME YOU SETTLE DOWN - PSYCHE DJ 45 US $3.30 [0 bids]
30m 24s
WE FIVE - YOU LET A LOVE BURN OUT / SOMEWHERE BEYOND SEA + A&M SLEEVE MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
SPANDAU BALLET - ONLY WHEN YOU LEAVE - PROMO ROCK 45 - MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
30m 24s
TOMMY TUCKER - SINCE YOU HAVE GONE // RETURN OF THE TEENAGE QUEEN EX++ MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
30m 24s
KENNY STARR - HIGHWAY OF LOVE //YOU MAKE IT EASY - 1974 DJ EX++ MINT- W/ SLV US $3.30 [0 bids]
CHARLIE - TURNING TO YOU - 1977 JANUS DJ MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
30m 24s
Elvis Presley - Loving You / (Let Me Be You) Teddy Bear - 1965 GSS USA 45 US $16.29 [0 bids]
30m 26s
YOU DON'T MESS AROUND WITH JIM CROCE LP Black Vinyl Gatefold ABC Records Folk GF US $35.98 Buy It Now 30m 36s
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada [EP] by Godspeed You! Black Emperor DIGIPAK US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 46s
kaiser chiefs - everyday i love you less and less - 7" vinyl - ricky wilson US $14.66 Buy It Now 30m 48s
THOMPSON TWINS YOU TAKE ME UP US 12"REMIX LIMITED EDITION VINYL SINGLE *EXC ITEM US $12.97 Buy It Now 30m 51s
Rock/Pop Unplayed NM! 45 AIR SUPPLY The One That You Love on Arista US $5.00 Buy It Now 30m 53s
INNER CIRCLE Tell Me (What You Want Me To Do) PROMO CD SINGLE C7 US $2.99 Buy It Now 30m 56s
Inner City: Do you love what you feel 12" 12inch vinyl record single 1e US $4.50 Buy It Now 30m 57s
STEVIE WONDER IF YOU REALLY LOVE ME UK ORIG BIG MOTOWN STEVIE CLASSIC!! US $8.14 [0 bids]
31m 3s
Johnny Burnette 45 RPM Record-You're Sixteen US $3.00 [1 bids]
31m 21s
DION, "Ruby Baby" B/W "He'll Only Hurt You," 45 RPM US $2.99 Buy It Now 31m 21s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 ANITA BAKER Giving You the Best That I Got on Elektra US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 22s
Stevie Wonder, - "I Just Called to Say I Love You", (12" Single) (45RPM) US $4.39 [0 bids]
31m 30s
Roy Orbison You're My Baby - TMR Sun Ray 45 RPM - Third Man Records - Jack White US $49.99 [1 bids]
31m 40s
Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go / Carnaval 45 1983 US $1.00 [0 bids]
31m 42s
2 Barry Manilow Records 33 rpm Here Comes the Night and This One's for You US $0.99 [0 bids]
31m 43s
Iggy Pop & The Stooges ?- I'm Sick Of You 7" EP rare proto punk Bomp NM KBD oop US $18.00 [0 bids]
31m 44s
Only Broadway CD You'll Ever Need by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1998, RCA Victor) US $1.99 [0 bids]
31m 52s
Bobby Byrd 45 'If You Don't Work You Can't Eat' funk US $3.25 [2 bids]
31m 54s
The Angels Of Light - How I Loved You - Music CD - Album - LP - Swans - 2001 US $8.97 [4 bids]
31m 56s
45 - BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet w/ Mercury sleeve/strip US $3.49 [0 bids]
32m
JIMMY BUFFET Greatest Hits Songs You Know By Heart CD Compact Disc Free S/H USA! US $12.99 Buy It Now 32m 4s
THE BEATLES All You Need Is Love / Baby You're A Rich Man 1967 Capitol Vinyl 45 US $5.99 [0 bids]
32m 5s
The Doors..."Hello I Love you","Love Street" US $4.50 [0 bids]
32m 9s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 JANET JACKSON What Have You Done For Me Lately on A US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 22s
ENTERTAINERS # TOO MUCH / I TRIED TO TELL YOU on CHESS # 1951 US $16.29 [0 bids]
32m 27s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 JEFF EVANS I'll Be Seeing You on Grandstand US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 29s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 LENNY WILLIAMS Choosing You on ABC US $5.00 Buy It Now 32m 35s
THE REAL THING - You To Me Are Everything - 1986 UK 7" Single US $8.14 Buy It Now 32m 36s
Billy Crash Craddock The First Time / You Rubbed It In All Wrong 7" 45 rpm NM US $3.48 Buy It Now 32m 47s
HARRY PUSSY - "Coming At You With The Miami Flavour" 7" - PLANET - NOISE ROCK US $8.14 [0 bids]
32m 49s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 MASS PRODUCTION I Can't Believe You're Going Away on Cotill US $9.00 Buy It Now 32m 52s
Sammy Johns Falling For You Promo 45 From Publishing Co Vault NM US $3.99 [0 bids]
32m 52s
PAUL ANKA..1974 7" 45rpm: I CAN'T HELP LOVING YOU / CAN'T GET ALONG VERY WELL US $0.99 [0 bids]
32m 53s
No One's First, and You're Next [EP] by Modest Mouse (CD, Aug-2009, Epic (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
32m 54s
ERNIE K-DOE Love You The Best NOLA R&B SOUL 45 on MINIT US $7.99 [0 bids]
32m 55s
Paul Simon - You're the One (+3) Japan Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP) CD US $4.99 [1 bids]
32m 55s
Cock Robin 1985 Cassette Tape (When Your Heart Is Weak, Thought You Were On My S US $10.99 Buy It Now 33m 2s
Korn III: Remember Who You Are by Korn CD Sealed New US $6.48 Buy It Now 33m 4s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 PETER BROWN WITH BETTY WRIGHT You Should Do It on Drive US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 6s
PINK - Don't Let Me Get Me / There You Go RARE Mint CD Australia Import US $6.99 Buy It Now 33m 15s
Lennie Hayton I Know Now & You Can't Run Away From Love Tonight 78 RPM Decca US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 17s
EXILE - KISS YOU ALL OVER / YOU THRILL ME 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
33m 18s
THE REAL THING - Can You Feel The Force - Deleted 1979 UK 7" US $8.14 Buy It Now 33m 25s
Black - You're A Big Girl Now - 12" Pic Disc MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 33m 28s
Patsy Cline "Patsy Cline Story" 1973 LP "I Fall To Pieces"Crazy"She's Got You" US $9.00 Buy It Now 33m 28s
The Only Other Broadway CD You'll Ever Need by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1999,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
33m 30s
45 R&B/Doowop Fortune-546 Nolan Strong (Beside You) Blue-no lns. VG++ US $24.99 [0 bids]
33m 31s
Manic Street Preachers-12"-If You Tolerate This-RARE REMIXED PROMO-EX/SEALED US $47.29 Buy It Now 33m 41s
TIME LIFE- 80s Music Explosion- The Best of CAN YOU FEEL IT 2-CD (Tiffany/Cameo) US $16.29 [1 bids]
33m 42s
Elvis Presley - Are You Sincere / Solitaire - USA 45 + PS US $8.14 [0 bids]
33m 42s
QUIET ELEGANCE-I NEED LOVE /YOU'VE GOT MY MIND MESSED UP-60's SOUL 45 on Hi US $8.00 [0 bids]
33m 43s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 THE JACKSON 5 Whatever You Got, I Want on Motown US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 47s
2AM-DENWA NI DENAI KIMI NI YOU WOULDN'T ANSWER MY-JAPAN CD DVD TYPE A D50 zd US $21.99 Buy It Now 33m 48s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 THE THREE DEGREES You're the One on Roulette US $6.00 Buy It Now 33m 53s
ROCK BALLADS VOL 1 - STILL LOVIN' YOU SAMPLER 1993 · WZ TONTRÄGER 90305 · SINNER US $1.00 [0 bids]
33m 58s
RARE "I BELIEVE IN YOU" ROBERT & JOHNNY ORG VERY 1ST P '58 VERY VERY STRONG VG+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
34m 3s
Eurovision CD- Swedish Melodifestivalen 2003 - Pandora - You US $3.26 [3 bids]
34m 14s
INXS-WELCOME TO WHATEVER YOU ARE 1st PRESS VINYL LP GREECE 1992 US $24.99 [0 bids]
34m 21s
" JAH WILL CUT YOU DOWN. " earth ansd stone. CHANNEL ONE 7in 1975. US $24.38 [0 bids]
34m 34s
What You Won't Do for Love by Bobby Caldwell (Singer/Guitarist) CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 34m 41s
You Light Up My Life: Greatest Inspirational Songs: Debby Boone US $4.92 Buy It Now 34m 42s
Bryan Adams (Everything I Do) I Do It For You 7" Vinyl P/S Single US $8.14 Buy It Now 34m 51s
We Wish You a Merry Christmas: Cramer, Floyd US $6.49 Buy It Now 34m 56s
Jimmy Bo Horne 7" 45 HEAR SOUL FUNK Without You Goin Home For Love US $10.00 Buy It Now 34m 58s
" JUST A KISS FROM YOU. " the gaylads. STUDIO ONE JA BLANK 7in 1966. US $24.38 [1 bids]
35m 10s
NORTHERN SOUL / BOOGALOO 45 - RAY BARRETTO "DO YOU DIG IT?" ON U A (DEMO) US $15.99 [1 bids]
35m 18s
KING Alone Without You 45 Record PROMO ONLY 1985 US $9.44 Buy It Now 35m 20s
Jamelia - Thank You (2004) FREEPOST UK CD 24HR DISPATCH! US $4.88 Buy It Now 35m 25s
MICKEY AND SYLVIA - LOVE DROPS / BABY YOU'RE SO FINE - WILLOW ORIGINAL VG US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
THE VOGUES - 5 O'CLOCK WORLD / NOTHING TO OFFER YOU - ORIGINAL VG+VG++ US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
STEALERS WHEEL - STAR // WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT - MINT- + STOCK SLV US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
ANTHONY QUINN ( FAMOUS ACTOR ) SOMETIMES //I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME - DJ MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
SKEETER DAVIS & BOBBY BARE - A DEAR JOHN LETTER // USED TO BEING WITH YOU MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
GISELLE McKENZIE - DANCE IF YOU WANT TO DANCE / MR. TELEPHONE - MINT- + VIK SLV US $3.30 [0 bids]
35m 34s
GALE STORM - I HEAR YOU KNOCKING // NEVER LEAVE ME - MINT- + DOT SLV US $3.30 [0 bids]
Dot Hacker 45 "Whatever You Want" b/w "Memory" US $5.00 [0 bids]
35m 36s
Josh Groban CD self-titled debut album You're Still You To Where You Are NEW! US $3.00 [0 bids]
35m 39s
Viola Wills - Gonna Get Along Without You Now. R&N Records 860413. US $5.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Mitty Collier - Sharing You / Walk Away. Chess 1953. 45 RPM. Soul. US $4.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Waco - Before You Turn Me Down. Step One Records 337.1984 . RARE. US $3.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Tony Orlando - Talkin' About You / My Baby's A Stranger. Epic 9491. 1961. US $4.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Dickey Doo And The Don't - Did You Cry / Click Clack. Swan 4001. 1950's 45 RPM. US $7.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
INJECTED Bullet (What Did You Sell Your Soul.. PROMO CD SINGLE C7 US $2.99 Buy It Now 35m 41s
Connie Francis Jealous Of You / Everybody's Somebody's Fool 1960 7" US $16.29 Buy It Now 35m 50s
The Sunrays 45 "Our Leader" b/w "Won't You Tell Me" US $5.00 [0 bids]
35m 55s
REO SPEEDWAGON -ORIGINAL #1 HIT 45 -"Keep On Loving You"-NM US $4.54 Buy It Now 36m
Elvis Presley - You'll Never Walk Alone / There Goes My Everything - USA 45 + PS US $13.03 [0 bids]
36m 8s

More places to buy YOU music online Buy YOU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOU Electric Day ratings distribution

YOU Electric Day reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Final gasps of the seventies

The tail-end of the seventies was a confusing time musically. In many ways you could say that the progressive scene, be that the rock, electronic or both coupled up together - came together in a very homogeneous way that foretold the sonic soap operas of the impending decade. Music got slick and smooth, and a certain metallic and industrial tone had suddenly infected the different recording studios. The sounds of the synthesiser are testimony to this hypothesis of mine. Having spawned from the vibrant and vivacious drive masterly conveyed on classic electronic records such as Alpha Centauri and Blackdance - now those synths took on the very thing that people associated them with: Robots.

You is a fine example of this evolution. They produced their first album in 1979 with the gift of hindsight and the ability to choose from whatever slice of Germanic electro history they saw fit. With the add on of Harald Grosskopf, I guess the group naturally leaned towards that ever so floating Klaus Schulze universe. Remember Grosskopf played with Schulze on the Bodylove soundtrack as well as Moondawn. Still, like I said, the feel of the music is one of order and metal. The recording techniques had revolutionised themselves so as you finally could purchase an album without all of the inappropriate 'noise'... Needless to say(mostly because I keep saying this....) that I've always thought of noise as half of the music. Those ambient oscillations emanating from instruments that take up the invisible room of any recording are priceless and irreplaceable - but whatever you do - don't kill 'em.

Now whilst some sections on this debut album feel somewhat close to the great oceanic textures of the aforementioned electronic guru and pioneer, you also sense a devout and knowledgeable act that know their way around musicians like Moebius, Froese, Schnitzler and Hoenig. The one thing You manage to slap onto the proceedings here that set them slightly apart is speed. The first cut illustrates just how brilliantly and innovatively they do this - sounding like an amphetamine fuelled Berlin school track with a motorik groove that goes faster than anything else from the scene I've come across before.

Other than that, you are facing sequencers up the wazoo, the occasional mellotron as well as those soapy synths that pre-dated the whole 'new age' scene by a couple of years. Real acoustic drumming courtesy of Monsieur Grosskopf and last but not least: Edgar Froese guitar stylings, which incidentally just means David Gilmour butter fingers fondling up the odd guitar string now and again.

I think the tracks on this debut all are pretty good. I actually find some of them quite refreshing and successful, and I'll happily recommend this one to anyone seeking a way into the German electronic scene. I would think the combination of guitar and drums eases the rock fiend's relentless cravings.

If you enjoy the late 70s electronic scene - the moment before the wave broke and flooded the lands with plastic and marshmallow antics, then you should probably take a chance on this recording. Sure, you get a lot of the usual sonic suspects, but there is a charm and warmth to some of these cuts that are as welcome and innovative to the scene as a metallic elbow on your forehead, yet somehow this thing works. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#798374) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012

Post a review of YOU "Electric Day"