ELECTRIC DAY

Buy YOU Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

A1. Electric Day (5:51)
A2. Magooba (6:30)
A3. Son Of A True Star (5:03)
A4. Sequential Spectrums Part 1 (2:01)
B1. Sequential Spectrums Part 2 (0:45)
B2. Slow Go (11:56)

- Albin Meskes / synth
- Uli Weber / guitars
- "Lhan Gopal" alias Harald Grosskopf / acoustic drums & synth

Bellaphon CL 5803 LP

Thanks to Bilek for the addition

YOU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOU Electric Day Music

I'm Telling You Now Freddie & The Dreamers 45 7" Tower Records Impor 1965 US $0.99 [0 bids]
29m 44s
Asanté ?- Look What You've Done US $2.99 Buy It Now 30m
Murray McKay Blacks Tryin' To Make It / Don't Let The Pusher Push You- Funk NM- US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 1s
The Doors "HELLO,I LOVE YOU" B/W "LOVE STREET" 7" Elektra 45635 VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
30m 3s
Judy Cheeks "I Still Love You" Rare Oz PS 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 30m 21s
You Sing Little Shop Of Horrors (Karaoke)(2-CDG Set) by US $18.61 Buy It Now 30m 38s
RODNEY ROGERS - THE LIGHT WRAPS YOU: NEW MUSIC FOR OBOE - NEW CD US $10.59 Buy It Now 30m 45s
MELISSA MANCHESTER JUST YOU AND I ( 1976 DEMO RECORD 7" VINYL SINGLE ) US $8.31 Buy It Now 30m 49s
Kronos Quartet ~ You've Stolen My Heart; Asha Bhosle composer; MINT CD, slipcase US $1.98 Buy It Now 30m 53s
Jack Scott - What in the World's Come Over You on Rank Records US $8.99 [0 bids]
30m 58s
GANGSTERS BOOGIE LIFE IS NOT EASY... WITHOUT YOU US $34.99 Buy It Now 31m 6s
Courtney Love You Know My Name PINK VINYL SEALED US $24.95 Buy It Now 31m 10s
FINISHED TOUCH Need to Know You Better LP OOP late-70's Motown funk US $2.99 Buy It Now 31m 29s
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE ARE YOU EXPERIENCED REMASTERED CD CHEAP US $6.64 Buy It Now 31m 35s
I Love You...Me by Cherokee (CD, Mar-1999, RCA) NEW SEALED FAST SHIPPING US $3.75 Buy It Now 31m 41s
You'll Never Walk Alone - Andre Rieu New & Sealed CD US $45.66 Buy It Now 32m 10s
TOMMY HUNT "SOUL IN THE SUN c/w YOU GOT IT" 2 MONSTER TUNES LISTEN! US $13.30 Buy It Now 32m 18s
NSYNC ENHANCED CD ~1998 ~I WANT YOU BACK ~I DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY ~YOU GOT IT ~VGC US $1.75 [0 bids]
32m 21s
1960 Doo Wop 45 - The STAR STEPPERS - You're Gone/1st Sign of Love AMY 801 NM- US $37.78 [10 bids]
32m 23s
Huey Lewis & News Stuck With You / Don't Ever Tell Me That 45 rpm STERLING NM US $4.40 Buy It Now 32m 38s
JOAN JETT Little Liar / What Can I Do For You 45 with PicSleeve US $4.99 Buy It Now 32m 52s
J. Geils Band YOU'RE GETTIN' EVEN WHILE I'M GETTIN' ODD - sealed lp US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 53s
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles ( Come Round Here) I'm The One You Need 45 rpm NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 33m 16s
2 LP Lot Elvis Presley "Golden Records" & Lou Rawls "When You Have Hear Lou You US $13.99 Buy It Now 33m 21s
Various Artists - Wonderful You (CD 1999) MINT US $1.66 Buy It Now 33m 39s
Link Wray Be What You Want To Original SEALED LP 1973 Polydor w/ Jerry Garcia US $54.99 Buy It Now 33m 58s
Julian Lennon "Now You're In Heaven" Rare Oz PS 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 34m 10s
FRANK SINATRA "YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THE ONE I LOVE & OL' MAC DONALD" US $0.99 [0 bids]
34m 43s
I Will Wait for You Rigmor Gustafsson US $21.66 Buy It Now 34m 59s
Julian Lennon "Say You're Wrong" Great Oz PROMO PS 7" US $11.17 Buy It Now 35m 10s
THE TUBES What Do You Want From Live CD Germany 17 tracks A&M 396 003-2 US $9.99 [0 bids]
35m 10s
THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC Various Artists (EX/EX 1982 Pickwick SHM 3110) 12" LP US $6.64 Buy It Now 35m 13s
italian dance music cd corona joy salinas double you j.t company outhere brother US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 13s
Mase What You Want USA Cassette Single Tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 13s
The Lettermen That's My Desire & The Way you Look 45 Original Sleeve US $9.42 [0 bids]
35m 25s
THE MULCAYS "MISS YOU & TWELFTH STREET RAG" US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 29s
BOB STEWART & VICTORIANS - Dreaming of You - POP 78 US $11.25 Buy It Now 35m 40s
Julian Lennon "You're The One" Great Oz PS 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 35m 41s
BETTY BOO 7" vinyl record WHERE ARE YOU BABY US $9.80 Buy It Now 35m 59s
LOU RAWLS when you hear lou you've heard it all LP 10 track (spir82402) uk phila US $8.31 Buy It Now 36m 12s
Four Seasons - December 1963 / Who Loves You / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
36m 17s
Platinum Load - Life Is Pretty Heavy Can You Handle the Load? (CD) Like New US $7.00 [0 bids]
36m 17s
Jimmy Clanton and his Rockets - Just A Dream / You Aim To Please - 7" 45 / NM US $2.00 [0 bids]
Michael Jackson - Ben / I Wanna Be Where You Are - 7" 45 / NM US $1.00 [0 bids]
Starleana - I'll Take You There (1991) LP(VG) 12" US $24.96 Buy It Now 36m 27s
The 5th Dimension Motown 45 Record #1437 VG+ You Are The Reason / Slipping Into US $6.00 Buy It Now 36m 34s
Rare James Brown Federal 45 "TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG " / "TRY ME (I NEED YOU)" US $9.99 [0 bids]
36m 39s
Sentimental Over You - Various (NEW CD) US $12.05 Buy It Now 36m 44s
DEACON BLUE - Whatever You Say + UK Tour - 1993 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.49 Buy It Now 37m 5s
Julie Anthony I've Only Said "I Love You" In My Mind" US $5.59 Buy It Now 37m 13s
ALABAMA THE CLOSER YOU GET... ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 475 US $7.99 Buy It Now 37m 16s
JANE POWELL "TRUE LOVE & MIND IF I MAKE LOVE TO YOU" US $0.99 [0 bids]
37m 19s
LEMONHEADS If I Could Talk I'd Tell You RARE 4-Trk 1996 CD Single MINT A5661CD1 US $7.47 Buy It Now 37m 24s
GEORGE THOROGOOD * LETS WORK TOGETHER & IF YOU DON'T START DRINKING * 45 RPM US $6.75 Buy It Now 37m 33s
Aretha Frankllin & George Michael(7" Vinyl P/s)I Knew You Were Waiting-Epic-DUET US $11.64 Buy It Now 37m 35s
GLESELE Mac KENZIE " IT'S DELIGHTFUL TO BE MARRIED & THE STAR YOU WISHED UPON US $0.99 [0 bids]
37m 40s
VIC DAMONE "I GRIED FOR YOU, TO LOVE AGAIN" US $0.99 [0 bids]
37m 51s
MICHELE MAGIC LOVE CAN´T YOU FEEL IT Bonus 24 Bit Remastered Album on Silver Cd US $26.00 Buy It Now 37m 54s
CLASSIC 1957 UK # 3 ELVIS PRESLEY 78 " TEDDY BEAR / LOVING YOU " RCA 1013 E/EX+ US $41.62 Buy It Now 37m 57s
JACK SCOTT "BABY, BABY & WHAT IN THE WORLD'S COME OVER YOU" US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 9s
LOUISE MANDRELL i'm not through loving you yet LP 10 track but sleeve has scuff US $8.31 Buy It Now 38m 13s
Root Boy Slim(Vinyl LP)Don't Let This Happen To You-Bedrock-BEDLP1-UK-VG/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 38m 31s
Anne Murray(Vinyl LP)I'll Always Love You-Capitol-SOO 12012-US-M/M US $20.99 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Blame(12" Vinyl)Music Takes You Remix's-Movin Shadow-SHADOW 11R-UK-Ex/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 38m 36s
Mike Storey Band(Vinyl LP)Who Are You Playing To?-MAM-AS 1013-UK-VG+/VG+ US $13.99 Buy It Now 38m 36s
Eddie Murphy(12" Vinyl)Addicted To You-ATCO-0 96624-US-Ex/Ex US $15.99 Buy It Now 38m 37s
Jimmy James & the Vagabonds(Vinyl LP)You Don't Stand A Chance-Pye-US-VG/Ex US $15.99 Buy It Now 38m 38s
Foreigner / I Don't Want To Live Without You / 7" Vinyl Record & Picture Sleeve US $1.53 Buy It Now 38m 44s
FIVE BUCKS:No Use In Trying' 2:24-Now You're Gone 2:24-U.S. 7" 1966 Afton Recs. US $374.98 Buy It Now 39m 8s
FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS - Don't Look Back / You Never Know - 12" Vinyl 1989 IRS MCA US $2.99 [0 bids]
39m 8s
Joe Sun 45 "I'd Rather Go On Hurtin' / I'm Still Crazy About You" US $5.24 Buy It Now 39m 17s
Combonation Girls Like You/Babble In PROMO US $14.99 [0 bids]
39m 23s
Barclay Allan His Piano & Orchestra. "If You`re Lonely" US $19.99 [0 bids]
39m 23s
Jason Donovan Oh Every Day (I LOVE YOU MORE) PWL 7 INCH VINYL RECORD EX/EX 005 US $3.65 Buy It Now 39m 24s
The Skyliners - Since I Don't Have You / One Night One Night / 7" 45 - NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
39m 24s
Tammy Wynette - I'm Turning You Loose / Just For A Minute There - 7" 45 / VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
39m 25s
The Beatles - The Long and Winding Road / For You Blue / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Let It Be / You Know My Name / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
39m 25s
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - I Don't Blame You / Satisfaction / 7" 45 - VG US $3.00 [0 bids]
39m 25s
SPANKY & OUR GANG - ANYTHING YOU CHOOSE - MERCURY RECORDS STEREO - SR-61183 US $7.97 Buy It Now 39m 34s
Gotta Tell You by Samantha Mumba US $1.99 Buy It Now 39m 58s
Ricky Nelson-Travelin' Man/Believe What You Say US $5.50 Buy It Now 39m 58s
ALTER EGOS Why Don't You Give It EP 7" VINYL POP GARAGE US $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 6s
Are You Ready to Rumble Vol 2 New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.85 Buy It Now 40m 6s
LOVING YOU various LP 14 track compilation featuring george benson, imagination, US $8.31 Buy It Now 40m 19s
JOHNNY CASH---YOU TELL ME ( Country) US $18.00 Buy It Now 40m 30s
THE DETROIT SPINNERS 70's sheet music WORKIN' MY WAY BACK TO YOU US $16.65 Buy It Now 40m 38s
NILSSON / WITHOUT YOU / RCA 3 TRACK MAXI 7" EX US $8.31 Buy It Now 40m 56s
LUCKY STRIKERS don't you point that gun at me LP 12 track in gatefold (082880) g US $8.31 Buy It Now 41m 9s
Olivia Newton-John Have You Never Been Mellow MCA 2133 No Scratches Mint READ US $13.99 [0 bids]
41m 9s
Perry Como Where You're Concerned Sealed RCA AFL1-2641 NEW B C A L See Shipping US $13.99 [0 bids]
41m 10s
New Are You Experienced? The Jimi Hendrix Experience Framed Album Artwork US $30.78 Buy It Now 41m 13s
KRIS DAVIS - WAITING FOR YOU TO GROW (IMPORT) NEW CD US $56.61 Buy It Now 41m 14s
MYSTERY JETS you can't fool me dennis UK 7" 45 different sleeve 3 US $2.00 [0 bids]
41m 16s
SNOWY WHITE for you UK 7" 45 Thin Lizzy pink floyd US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ZUTONS you will you won't 7" single 45 US $2.00 [0 bids]
41m 17s
READER'S DIGEST MEMORIES OF YOU ROMANTIC SONG OF 30S40S US $35.15 Buy It Now 41m 19s
The Vamps - Somebody To You - CD2 Edition (NEW CD SINGLE) US $7.47 Buy It Now 42m 9s
The Vamps - Somebody To You - CD1 Edition (NEW CD SINGLE) US $7.47 Buy It Now 42m 9s

More places to buy YOU music online Buy YOU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOU Electric Day ratings distribution

YOU Electric Day reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Final gasps of the seventies

The tail-end of the seventies was a confusing time musically. In many ways you could say that the progressive scene, be that the rock, electronic or both coupled up together - came together in a very homogeneous way that foretold the sonic soap operas of the impending decade. Music got slick and smooth, and a certain metallic and industrial tone had suddenly infected the different recording studios. The sounds of the synthesiser are testimony to this hypothesis of mine. Having spawned from the vibrant and vivacious drive masterly conveyed on classic electronic records such as Alpha Centauri and Blackdance - now those synths took on the very thing that people associated them with: Robots.

You is a fine example of this evolution. They produced their first album in 1979 with the gift of hindsight and the ability to choose from whatever slice of Germanic electro history they saw fit. With the add on of Harald Grosskopf, I guess the group naturally leaned towards that ever so floating Klaus Schulze universe. Remember Grosskopf played with Schulze on the Bodylove soundtrack as well as Moondawn. Still, like I said, the feel of the music is one of order and metal. The recording techniques had revolutionised themselves so as you finally could purchase an album without all of the inappropriate 'noise'... Needless to say(mostly because I keep saying this....) that I've always thought of noise as half of the music. Those ambient oscillations emanating from instruments that take up the invisible room of any recording are priceless and irreplaceable - but whatever you do - don't kill 'em.

Now whilst some sections on this debut album feel somewhat close to the great oceanic textures of the aforementioned electronic guru and pioneer, you also sense a devout and knowledgeable act that know their way around musicians like Moebius, Froese, Schnitzler and Hoenig. The one thing You manage to slap onto the proceedings here that set them slightly apart is speed. The first cut illustrates just how brilliantly and innovatively they do this - sounding like an amphetamine fuelled Berlin school track with a motorik groove that goes faster than anything else from the scene I've come across before.

Other than that, you are facing sequencers up the wazoo, the occasional mellotron as well as those soapy synths that pre-dated the whole 'new age' scene by a couple of years. Real acoustic drumming courtesy of Monsieur Grosskopf and last but not least: Edgar Froese guitar stylings, which incidentally just means David Gilmour butter fingers fondling up the odd guitar string now and again.

I think the tracks on this debut all are pretty good. I actually find some of them quite refreshing and successful, and I'll happily recommend this one to anyone seeking a way into the German electronic scene. I would think the combination of guitar and drums eases the rock fiend's relentless cravings.

If you enjoy the late 70s electronic scene - the moment before the wave broke and flooded the lands with plastic and marshmallow antics, then you should probably take a chance on this recording. Sure, you get a lot of the usual sonic suspects, but there is a charm and warmth to some of these cuts that are as welcome and innovative to the scene as a metallic elbow on your forehead, yet somehow this thing works. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#798374) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012

Post a review of YOU "Electric Day"