GHOST OPERA - THE SECOND COMING

8. Mourning Star
9. Silence of the Darkness
10. Anthem
11. EdenEcho
12. Memento Mori (enhanced video: Live in Belgrade, Serbia)
13. The Human Stain (enhanced video)

CD 2: Live in Belgrade

1. Solitaire
2. Ghost Opera
3. The Human Stain
4. Mourning Star
5. When the Lights Are Down
6. Abandoned
7. The Haunting (with Simone Simons/EPICA)
8. Memento Mori
9. Epilogue
10. March of Mephisto

Studio cuts:

11. Season's End
12. The Pendulous Fall
13. Epilogue
14. Rule the World (remix)

Search KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming lyrics

- Casey Grillo / drums

Guest Musicians

- Simone Simons / vocals

CD SPV (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

KAMELOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming Music

KarmaKarma
Noise 2003
Ghost Opera: The Second ComingGhost Opera: The Second Coming
Steamhammer / Spv 2008
Poetry for the Poisoned:Live at Wacken 2010Poetry for the Poisoned:Live at Wacken 2010
101 DISTRIBUTION 2011
Kamelot: One Cold Winter's NightKamelot: One Cold Winter's Night
Steamhammer Us 2006
DVD$14.15
One Cold Winters NightOne Cold Winters Night
Steamhammer Us 2006
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.50 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Centvrion-Non Plvs Vltra RARE CD Maiden Edguy Kamelot Manowar style US $9.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot *GUITAR TABS *Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned 2010 [CD New] US $10.81 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned & Live from Wacken 2010 DELUXE CD US $10.15 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Sonata Arctica - For the Sake of Revenge CD \ DVD (Kamelot, Epica, Nightwish) US $3.26 [2 bids]
Sonata Arctica - Silence CD (Stratovarius, Nightwish, Edguy, Helloween, Kamelot) US $2.00 [1 bids]
KAMELOT Eternity , Crimson Glory, Conception US $15.00 [0 bids]
KAMELOT**SILVERTHORN (LIMITED EDITION)**2CD + BOOK US $16.07 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Dominion by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA))German 1996- N0272-2 US $7.99 [0 bids]
IRON FIRE to the grave cd ( kamelot , edguy ) US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 24m
Ghost Opera by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jun-2007, King) US $11.98 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED:LIVE AT WACKEN 2010 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $22.45 Buy It Now 19h 28m
KAMELOT Karma CD 2001 1st edition "BRAND NEW & SEALED" US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT Eternity CD 1995 1st edition "BRAND NEW & SEALED" US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT-POETRY FOR THE POISONED-JAPAN CD F75 US $30.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Ghost Opera The Second Coming (2008) - New - Compact Disc US $13.21 Buy It Now 1 day
MORTON COME READ THE WORDS FORBIDDEN CD KAMELOT SONATA ARCTICA SERENITY US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
One Cold Winters Night by Kamelot US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VANDROYA - One Kamelot, Symphony X, Angra and Sonata Arctica. US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT (U.S.) - SILVERTHORN * [7798161144949] - NEW CD US $19.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion CD (Falconer, Kamelot, Angel Dust, Helloween) US $1.50 [1 bids]
Luca Turilli - Demonheart CD (Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Stratovarius, Edguy) US $2.00 [1 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned:live At Wacken 2010 [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night NEW 2 x CD US $15.91 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT SILVERTHORN SEALED CD NEW 2013 US $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Kenziner - Timescape - '98 cd Stratovarius Angel Dust At Vance Evergrey Kamelot US $4.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - ONE COLD WINTER'S NIGHT ??? ? ??? BRAND NEW ?????? 2CD 2006 ????? US $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
POWERMAD 2001 , Steel Prophet , Breaker, Kamelot US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ghost Opera by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jun-2007, SPV) US $4.95 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned:Live At Wacken 2010 CD US $18.64 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT ghost opera THE SECOND COMING 2 CD SET LTD US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Destynation-Rising Up RARE CD Sonata Artica Stratovarius Edguy Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Epica [CD New] US $9.72 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA - JAPAN NEW CD US $46.47 [0 bids]
KAMELOT- The Black Halo 2-LP (2009 Double Vinyl) Gatefold Heavy Metal US $18.86 Buy It Now 2 days
One Cold Winter's Night by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs, Steamhammer) US $4.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT-POETRY FOR THE POISONED-2010-CD+7" VINYL-FULLY SIGNED-ROY KHAN-RARE-NEW US $84.71 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA - 95902 US $23.67 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA The Classical Conspiracy Korea CD New KAMELOT AVANTASIA US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT silverthorn CD ( Dream Theater , Edguy , Ayreon ) US $8.30 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT silverthorn 2 CD LTD ( Dream Theater , Edguy , Ayreon ) US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dark Moor-Autumnal RARE CD Rhapsody of Fire Kamelot Blind Guardian style US $8.99 [0 bids]
2 Metal DVDs/Exodus/Nile/Saxon/Obituary/Kreator/Death Angel/Vader/Kamelot US $25.00 [0 bids]
IAN PARRY Consortium Project +2 JAPAN w/OBI OOP ELEGY AYREON KAMELOT VANDEN PLAS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SONATA ARCTICA - ORIENTATION 2001 1.PR. W/ OBI SEALED! HELLOWEEN KAMELOT EDGUY US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT-BLACK HALO CD NEW US $14.76 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT one cold winter night 2 CD NEW LIVE ( epic US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT-Poetry For The Poisoned (2Lp W VINYL LP NEW US $29.01 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA - THE SECOND COMING - 95908 US $21.28 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT THE BLACK HALO + 2 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2013 US $6.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Symphony X: Iconoclast Special Ed 2 CD Avantasia Kamelot Iron Maiden Helloween US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SONATA ARCTICA 2001 CD - Silence - Dreamtale/Celesty/Kamelot/First Press.OOP. US $9.50 [0 bids]
KAMELOT**GHOST OPERA **CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT "Silver Thorn" Top new power metal heavy symphonic prog CONCEPTION BLAZE US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - EPICA NEW CD US $17.06 Buy It Now 3 days
* KAMELOT - Epica [Digipak] US $21.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $6.84 Buy It Now 3 days
The Fourth Legacy by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, May-2002, Noise (USA)) US $6.80 Buy It Now 3 days
New Sealed Siege Perilous by Kamelot CD F.A.D. records 1998 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned [CD New] US $13.31 Buy It Now 4 days
Eternity by Kamelot (U.S.) CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA SHIPPING 8$) US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ghost opera - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.15 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD (U.S. - Kamelot Media Group) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Epica - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night (2CD) (Rhapsody of Fire, Epica, Nightwish) US $2.00 [1 bids]
Kamelot - The Expedition CD (Seventh Wonder, Epica, Jag Panzer, Iced Earth) US $1.00 [1 bids]
Hammerfall - Natural High CD (Edguy, Gamma Ray, Rage, Helloween, Kamelot) US $1.25 [2 bids]
Hammerfall - Renegade (CD Single) (Kamelot, Angel Dust, Rainbow, Warlord, Dio) US $2.50 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - Ghost Opera - 2 LP VINYL - Gatefold, Color Sleeves * FREE SHIPPING* US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Epica 2011 [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT: THE BLACK HALO RARE SPV IMPORT PROMO CD!! EX+ US $12.97 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - SIEGE PERILOUS NEW CD US $17.06 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - GHOST OPERA [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.58 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot GHOST OPERA LPx2 G 693723959016 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN CD G 886922604522 Steamhammer new US $14.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN CDx2/Box Set G 886922604508 Steamhammer new US $19.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN LPx2 G 886922604515 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot THE BLACK HALO LPx2 G 693723695716 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned 2LP +CD/DVD Gatefold US $33.00 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - GHOST OPERA [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.75 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - Silverthorn +1 Bonus Track CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $16.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Eternity by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA)) US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT Eternity CD 1995 1st edition US $20.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Rhapsody of Fire - The Cold Embrace of Fear CD (Manowar, Stratovarius, Kamelot) US $4.00 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - The Black Halo - RARE LIMITED EDITION DIGIPACK +2 bonus great CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - The Black Halo LP, 1st press US $34.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - The Ghost Opera LP, 1st press US $29.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Evergrey-In Search of the Truth CD Signed by whole band Dream Theater Kamelot st US $8.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey-Monday Morning Apocalypse+1 CD Angel Dust Dream Theater Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey-Torn+1 CD Digipak Angel Dust Dream Theater Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Silverthorn by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Oct-2012, SPV) US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - Silverthorn (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $42.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.72 Buy It Now 5 days
One Cold Winter's Night by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs, Steamhammer) US $13.87 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - ONE COLD WINTERS NIGHT NEW CD US $26.70 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot-Epica+1 RARE CD Limited Ed Digipak w/Bonus Track &Temp Tattoo Conception US $8.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT Poetry For The Poisoned VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! + CD US $29.98 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT Silverthorn VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! LIMITED EDITION IN COLOURED VINYL US $26.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned CD 2010 Metal Music Live Album Brand NEW Sealed US $10.15 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy KAMELOT music online Buy KAMELOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAMELOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming ratings distribution

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Do not trust my words! Unless .

. you are a die hard fan of Kamelot! Being a power metal lover itself does not guarantee that you would agree with my words in this review. You must love the band first and then you "might" agree with me because the words that I put below are just emotional words I use to describe this CD and there is no sense of objectivity at all, everything is subjective. And my proposition about music remains intact: "Music is Emotion". Yeah, it's according to me, it's my humblest opinion. I have been living my life with the band's music the first time I heard their "Karma" album where the opening tracks "Regalis Apertura" - "Forever" blew me away to the rooftop the first time I spun the CD. These two tracks then became a must in any concert / event presented by the rock organization where I have got involved with, i-Rock! Music Community, since two years ago. The two tracks are really excellent and since then I purchased all albums by the band.

I was actually not interested in buying this re-release of "Ghost Opera" because I already purchased the Limited Edition of the original album. So when the band announced that they would release "The Second Coming" I reacted with skepticism that the band was just trying to push the commercial side of their original album. But .. there was intriguing posting in i-Rock! mailing list from my colleague Yulianto Dewata who said that this re-re-release of Ghost Opera had received great reviews from music critics. So, I could afford not to click the CD from the net. Indeed, the price was not that expensive for a double CD with enhanced video.

The CD comes with a nice package similar with the original version but this time the disc 2 contains the band's live performance at Belgrade plus four studio cuts which one track "Pendulous Fall" you can find with the Limited Edition's CD. While the CD 1 contains 11 tracks of the "Ghost Opera" studio album (original version) plus one shot of video for Belgrade's performance with "Memento Mori" taken from The Black Halo album plus a video clip of "The Human Stain" from Ghost Opera album. If you have purchased the original "Ghost Opera" album, the added value for having this version is basically on live performance (Disc 2) plus studio cuts and some videos located at Disc One. Well, it depends on how you value live performance, because otherwise you might consider purchasing this CD is a waste of monies due to not much addition. But, remember the retail price which I consider quite cheap, so it's really worth having it.

CD One : The Ghost Opera studio album - a masterpiece.

Why masterpiece?

The Composition I think the main thing that I want to put upfront for this album is its solid and coherent composition from opening track until last track plus the bonus track (mine is a limited edition CD with bonus track "The Pendulous Fall". At least, the first time I listened to the CD (it was 2:00 PM in the morning, because I could not wait until the next morning after waking up - so "curious" about the music) my initial comment after spinning entire CD through my laptop was: "Solid!". It might be hard for you to define what "solid" really means, but I am sure you can taste and feel it yourself. My simple definition is that each elements and segments of the music is delivered in really tight arrangement so that it does not allow you to comment "why like this? Why not like that?". It's simple and ain't gonna tell you in scientific definition because I am not able to. You know my principle: "Music is emotion". Hey, the composition of this album does stir my emotion! So, what do I need more from this album? Nothing! Every single composition is a perfect one. Am I exaggerating? Honestly, not at all. You might disgaree with me and be it, I don't mind at all.

The Stream of Music. Oh yes, this album provides me with a great stream of music that flows very naturally from opening track which comprises only violin solo "Solitaire" and it blasts off wonderfully with "Rule The World" which has great lyrics. The title track also brings in another power to the music that makes the flow even better! What a surprise that at the fourth track "Human Stain" the band delivers a groovy music that you might have never imagined the band would ever deliver! For sure, you would not be able to say that Kamelot is a power metal music if you only listen to this song only. The first time I listened to this song, it created another nuance. It's brilliant! The music brings to another great track "Blucher" which contains heavy riffs combining bass, guitar and drums. "Love You To Death" is really a dark and great ballad composed with really great opening augmented with beautiful orchestration. My friend, David Dewata, who is now overseas at Ottawa sent me an SMS about how great this track is for accompanying him during his trip. Roy Khan is now singing with female voice and the melody and lyrics are really touchy. All other songs are great. Even the bonus track is really great. Another friend of mine, Dimensi, commented at my blog that the music of Kamelot is now becoming "predictable". Well, I interpret the term "predictable" differently. As far as my ears, my heart, and my mind concern .. the music of Kamelot since "The Fourth Legacy" album has been "predictably" great! The composition has become matured in a way.

Matured Musicians. One thing very peculiar about Kamelot is the fact that each musician is nothing dominating one to another. There is no such song that explores long solo of particular instrument (usually guitar and keyboard). Each member seems to contribute evenly to the music. There is no song that demonstrates technical skills of the player. Even though the music is delivered in a comprehensive way without demonstrating certain instrument, but I can see that Casey Grillo's drumming is top notch! Roy Khan voice has become much more deep and thick and he mostly sing in low to medium register notes. This is unusual for power metal band, but Kamelot has proven that power metal does not necessarily mean a music full of screams and distortion!. All songs delivered in this album has particularly less (or no) distortion at all. All riffs are delivered in its cleanest form.

The Miro and Sascha Paeth Factor. For those of you have not been familiar with power metal, you might not know these two gentlemen. These duo have produced many power metal bands including Kamelot and Rhapsody and they have always been excellent albums whenever these two gentlemen were involved. Miro has contributed for orchestration of this album. And this new album by Kamelot is the one with the most intense orchestration compared to any previous album. The orchestration is so dynamic and it enriches the composition especially in providing maneuvers at transition pieces where Miro has put string arrangements. It's a great orchestration work!

CD Two : Live from Belgrade - solid performance

Like the studio version, it starts with violin work of "Solitaire" followed by Roy Khan's voice: "Ladies and gentlemen . this is Ghost Opera...!!!!" with a blast of music in power metal energetic mood augmented nicely by violin sound. It does remind me to "Forever" of Karma album because it's in similar vein even though the melody is totally different. My imagination goes forward with the band's live DVD "On Cold Winter's Night" which was a great performance to support their The Black Halo album. I can sense that Casey Grilo plays his drums wonderfully. It then moves nicely to "Human Stain" which has a solid groove and quite interesting in its rhythm section. At the intro of "Mourning Star" Roy Khan starts with a communication with the crowd. The song is again another energetic one from The Ghost Opera album.

I really enjoy the stream of music in Disc two especially on the way the band makes a live vibe for the concert while on recording side, there is practically not much different from the studio version. I believe that they recorded the concert with great equipment that guarantees excellent production. Also during the performance, the band invited Simone Simons of Epica as guest performer in "The Haunting".

Conclusion

Well, . this review is definitely biased towards my personal preferences about this great band who adores very much in its music because their compositions are really killing me! You'd better discount my rating as this is very personal and I am not feeling guilty with five stars rating because I really love this album and the band very much! I leave it up to you as the final judge for yourself. If you share the same taste with me, go for it . just purchase this CD. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#173812) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008

Post a review of KAMELOT "Ghost Opera - The Second Coming"