GHOST OPERA - THE SECOND COMING

8. Mourning Star
9. Silence of the Darkness
10. Anthem
11. EdenEcho
12. Memento Mori (enhanced video: Live in Belgrade, Serbia)
13. The Human Stain (enhanced video)

CD 2: Live in Belgrade

1. Solitaire
2. Ghost Opera
3. The Human Stain
4. Mourning Star
5. When the Lights Are Down
6. Abandoned
7. The Haunting (with Simone Simons/EPICA)
8. Memento Mori
9. Epilogue
10. March of Mephisto

Studio cuts:

11. Season's End
12. The Pendulous Fall
13. Epilogue
14. Rule the World (remix)

Search KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming lyrics

- Casey Grillo / drums

Guest Musicians

- Simone Simons / vocals

CD SPV (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

KAMELOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming Music

Steamhammer Us 2006
Kamelot: One Cold Winter's NightKamelot: One Cold Winter's Night
Steamhammer Us 2006
DVD$15.74
KAMELOT - Silverthorn CD w/ Bonus track (Sealed) $2.99 Ship US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Poetry for the Poisoned & Live from Wacken 2010 Kamelot Vinyl LP US $25.68 Buy It Now 4h 7m
CD+ DVD KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD (brand new) CD + DVD US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
KAMELOT - THE EXPEDITION - 2000 Noise records - Like New - Prog Metal US $39.00 Buy It Now 7h 36m
KAMELOT one cold winter's night 2CD LIMITED DIGIPAK ED US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 18m
REINXEED 1912 RHAPSODY OF FIRE DRAGONFORCE KAMELOT SONATA ARCTICA STRATOVARIUS US $16.00 Buy It Now 18h 17m
STRATOVARIUS "Infinite" CD+3 (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT=HAMMERFALL=HELLOWEEN US $6.99 [0 bids]
STRATOVARIUS "Intermission" CD+1 Power Metal EDGUY=KAMELOT=HAMMERFALL=HELLOWEEN US $6.99 [0 bids]
STRATOVARIUS "Destiny" / "Visions Of Europe: V2" CD (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT US $7.99 [0 bids]
STRATOVARIUS "Fourth Dimension" / "Father Time" CD (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT "Silver Thorn" Top new power metal heavy symphonic prog CONCEPTION BLAZE US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT.GHOST OPERA.D-LP 2007.SEALED.SPV ORIGINAL. US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
KAMELOT Poetry For The Poisoned (Vinyl 2LP) New Sealed US $39.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Epica [Digipak] by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003 Symphony X Helloween Avantasia US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Poetry For The Poisoned [Deluxe Edition] Kamelot Audio CD US $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Ghost Opera NEW LP US $25.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Silverthorn (2lp) NEW 2 x LP US $31.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT Silverthorn (1 Bonus Track) CD Korea EPICA RAGE US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Siege Perilous [CD New] US $9.74 Buy It Now 1 day
LABYRINTH: 6 DAYS TO NOWHERE JAPANESE CD STICKER KAMELOT AZRAEL PROG METAL US $11.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Eternity (Japan) / VICP-5625 US $11.50 [2 bids]
Kamelot - Ghost Opera (Japan+1) / 12 Track + STICKER + BOX VERSION US $15.50 [4 bids]
Kamelot - Silver Thorn (Japan+1) / 13 Track + BOX VERSION US $10.99 [3 bids]
KAMELOT KARMA REQUIEM INNOCENT TEMPLE GOLD FALL GRACE 01CD POWER METAL PROG ROCK US $5.77 [0 bids]
KAMELOT (U.S.) - KARMA [KAMELOT (U.S.)] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Silverthorn [CD New] US $12.17 Buy It Now 1 day
SIEGE PERILOUS BY KAMELOT (CD) US $17.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Silverthorn * KAMELOT CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Helloween: Rabbit Don't Come Easy CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [0 bids]
Helloween: Master of the Rings CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [0 bids]
Helloween: The Time of the Oath CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [1 bids]
Poetry for the Poisoned Kamelot CD US $13.41 Buy It Now 2 days
KARELIA Raise ( rhapsody , kamelot , ) epic metal cd US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
One Cold Winters Night by Kamelot US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ghost Opera Kamelot CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera LPx2 G 693723959016 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot Silverthorn LPx2 G 886922604515 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot The Black Halo LPx2 G 693723695716 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD (U.S. - Kamelot Media Group) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Silverthorn - CD (2012) US $1.66 [1 bids]
KAMELOT-POETRY FOR THE POISONED-JAPAN CD F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RHAPSODY - legendary tales -1997-indonesia tape- kamelot Luca Turilli gamma ray US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EDGUY -vain glory opera-1998-indonesia cassette- Avantasia gamma ray kamelot US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EVERFLOW-Abandoned Dream Theater,Crimson Glory,Kamelot US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DREAM STEEL - You (CD 2008) Power Metal Labyrinth Angra Kamelot Symphony X US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot / Epica JAPAN+1 OOP!!!!!!!!!! T-A US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot / Eternity JAPAN VICP-5625 ORG!!!!! US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT Ghost Opera Cd Org07 Steamhammer Slimline Promo Veni Domine Angra US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD Promo US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Siege Perilous (CD New) US $6.47 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - Poetry For The Poisoned CD + DVD $2.99 Ship US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD & DVD $2.99 S&H US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot / Karma Japan CD w Obi VICP-61607 US $24.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT ETERNITY CD 1995 DEBUT POWER METAL US $3.73 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED DOUBLE VINYL LP SEALED 0205708ERE US $28.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera [Vinyl New] US $24.23 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT 2012 CD - Silverthorn - Ltd.Digibook - Power Metal/Seventh Wonder/SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned CD NEW US $14.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned (Bonus Dvd) (Dig) CD NEW US $17.55 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera Second Coming (2Cd CD NEW US $16.78 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot- Silverthorn BLUE colored vinyl record LP. Edguy, Avantasia. Blind Guard US $22.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Epica by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Symphony of Enchanted Lands II: Rhapsody Kamelot Symphony X Avantasia Edguy US $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA THE SECOND COMING 2 CD SET + BONUS US $6.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Poetry for the Poisoned [CD/DVD] KAMELOT ( FREE SHIPPING) US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera 12" VINYL NEW US $22.33 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED, ORG 2010 GERMAN vinyl 2LP, NEW - SEALED! US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot / Silverthorn (+1 Bonus Track) cd NEW SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Black Halo - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.19 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - BLACK HALO NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot Kamelot-Ghost Opera 2NEW CD Sealed Russian Edition US $14.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT- The Black Halo 2-LP (2009 Double Vinyl) Gatefold Heavy Metal US $21.83 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Fourth Legacy CD Symphony X Blind Guardian Rhapsody Angra Gamma Ray US $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Origins Shaman CD DVD Angra Kamelot Helloween Avantasia US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
CONCEPTION Parallel Minds '93 JAPAN 1ST CD w/OBI OOP PROG POWER Roy Khan KAMELOT US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
IAN PARRY Consortium Project +2 JAPAN w/OBI OOP ELEGY AYREON KAMELOT VANDEN PLAS US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SOILWORK / KAMELOT 2013 Australian Tour Poster Double Side A2 Size US $8.40 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN - 260452 US $19.78 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD (brand new) US $7.48 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $11.68 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Epica - Kamelot US $9.03 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT one cold winter night 2 CD NEW LIVE ( epic US $10.95 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-2012-180g 2xLP BLUE VINYL+INNERS-MOONSPELL-NEW+SEALED US $42.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Sep-2... US $10.42 Buy It Now 8 days
Project Creation-Floating World RARE CD Epica Nightwish Kamelot Therion style US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN CD (SEALED) + BONUS TRACK $2.99 S&H US $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Karma by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT Eternity CD 1995 1st edition US $20.50 [0 bids]
Silverthorn - Kamelot (2012, CD New) US $9.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Silverthorn (NEW CD) US $23.10 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT THE FOURTH LEGACY CD RARE MADE IN BRAZIL Manowar Hellowen Angra US $9.66 Buy It Now 8 days
HEAVENS GATE Hell For Sale +1 FIRST JAPAN CD OBI VICP-5208 Kamelot Edguy Aina US $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Karma - Kamelot (2003, CD New) US $7.50 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT - KARMA NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Epica US $20.96 Buy It Now 8 days
Karma Kamelot CD US $7.93 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT**SILVERTHORN (LIMITED EDITION)**2CD + BOOK US $16.07 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy KAMELOT music online Buy KAMELOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAMELOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming ratings distribution

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Do not trust my words! Unless .

. you are a die hard fan of Kamelot! Being a power metal lover itself does not guarantee that you would agree with my words in this review. You must love the band first and then you "might" agree with me because the words that I put below are just emotional words I use to describe this CD and there is no sense of objectivity at all, everything is subjective. And my proposition about music remains intact: "Music is Emotion". Yeah, it's according to me, it's my humblest opinion. I have been living my life with the band's music the first time I heard their "Karma" album where the opening tracks "Regalis Apertura" - "Forever" blew me away to the rooftop the first time I spun the CD. These two tracks then became a must in any concert / event presented by the rock organization where I have got involved with, i-Rock! Music Community, since two years ago. The two tracks are really excellent and since then I purchased all albums by the band.

I was actually not interested in buying this re-release of "Ghost Opera" because I already purchased the Limited Edition of the original album. So when the band announced that they would release "The Second Coming" I reacted with skepticism that the band was just trying to push the commercial side of their original album. But .. there was intriguing posting in i-Rock! mailing list from my colleague Yulianto Dewata who said that this re-re-release of Ghost Opera had received great reviews from music critics. So, I could afford not to click the CD from the net. Indeed, the price was not that expensive for a double CD with enhanced video.

The CD comes with a nice package similar with the original version but this time the disc 2 contains the band's live performance at Belgrade plus four studio cuts which one track "Pendulous Fall" you can find with the Limited Edition's CD. While the CD 1 contains 11 tracks of the "Ghost Opera" studio album (original version) plus one shot of video for Belgrade's performance with "Memento Mori" taken from The Black Halo album plus a video clip of "The Human Stain" from Ghost Opera album. If you have purchased the original "Ghost Opera" album, the added value for having this version is basically on live performance (Disc 2) plus studio cuts and some videos located at Disc One. Well, it depends on how you value live performance, because otherwise you might consider purchasing this CD is a waste of monies due to not much addition. But, remember the retail price which I consider quite cheap, so it's really worth having it.

CD One : The Ghost Opera studio album - a masterpiece.

Why masterpiece?

The Composition I think the main thing that I want to put upfront for this album is its solid and coherent composition from opening track until last track plus the bonus track (mine is a limited edition CD with bonus track "The Pendulous Fall". At least, the first time I listened to the CD (it was 2:00 PM in the morning, because I could not wait until the next morning after waking up - so "curious" about the music) my initial comment after spinning entire CD through my laptop was: "Solid!". It might be hard for you to define what "solid" really means, but I am sure you can taste and feel it yourself. My simple definition is that each elements and segments of the music is delivered in really tight arrangement so that it does not allow you to comment "why like this? Why not like that?". It's simple and ain't gonna tell you in scientific definition because I am not able to. You know my principle: "Music is emotion". Hey, the composition of this album does stir my emotion! So, what do I need more from this album? Nothing! Every single composition is a perfect one. Am I exaggerating? Honestly, not at all. You might disgaree with me and be it, I don't mind at all.

The Stream of Music. Oh yes, this album provides me with a great stream of music that flows very naturally from opening track which comprises only violin solo "Solitaire" and it blasts off wonderfully with "Rule The World" which has great lyrics. The title track also brings in another power to the music that makes the flow even better! What a surprise that at the fourth track "Human Stain" the band delivers a groovy music that you might have never imagined the band would ever deliver! For sure, you would not be able to say that Kamelot is a power metal music if you only listen to this song only. The first time I listened to this song, it created another nuance. It's brilliant! The music brings to another great track "Blucher" which contains heavy riffs combining bass, guitar and drums. "Love You To Death" is really a dark and great ballad composed with really great opening augmented with beautiful orchestration. My friend, David Dewata, who is now overseas at Ottawa sent me an SMS about how great this track is for accompanying him during his trip. Roy Khan is now singing with female voice and the melody and lyrics are really touchy. All other songs are great. Even the bonus track is really great. Another friend of mine, Dimensi, commented at my blog that the music of Kamelot is now becoming "predictable". Well, I interpret the term "predictable" differently. As far as my ears, my heart, and my mind concern .. the music of Kamelot since "The Fourth Legacy" album has been "predictably" great! The composition has become matured in a way.

Matured Musicians. One thing very peculiar about Kamelot is the fact that each musician is nothing dominating one to another. There is no such song that explores long solo of particular instrument (usually guitar and keyboard). Each member seems to contribute evenly to the music. There is no song that demonstrates technical skills of the player. Even though the music is delivered in a comprehensive way without demonstrating certain instrument, but I can see that Casey Grillo's drumming is top notch! Roy Khan voice has become much more deep and thick and he mostly sing in low to medium register notes. This is unusual for power metal band, but Kamelot has proven that power metal does not necessarily mean a music full of screams and distortion!. All songs delivered in this album has particularly less (or no) distortion at all. All riffs are delivered in its cleanest form.

The Miro and Sascha Paeth Factor. For those of you have not been familiar with power metal, you might not know these two gentlemen. These duo have produced many power metal bands including Kamelot and Rhapsody and they have always been excellent albums whenever these two gentlemen were involved. Miro has contributed for orchestration of this album. And this new album by Kamelot is the one with the most intense orchestration compared to any previous album. The orchestration is so dynamic and it enriches the composition especially in providing maneuvers at transition pieces where Miro has put string arrangements. It's a great orchestration work!

CD Two : Live from Belgrade - solid performance

Like the studio version, it starts with violin work of "Solitaire" followed by Roy Khan's voice: "Ladies and gentlemen . this is Ghost Opera...!!!!" with a blast of music in power metal energetic mood augmented nicely by violin sound. It does remind me to "Forever" of Karma album because it's in similar vein even though the melody is totally different. My imagination goes forward with the band's live DVD "On Cold Winter's Night" which was a great performance to support their The Black Halo album. I can sense that Casey Grilo plays his drums wonderfully. It then moves nicely to "Human Stain" which has a solid groove and quite interesting in its rhythm section. At the intro of "Mourning Star" Roy Khan starts with a communication with the crowd. The song is again another energetic one from The Ghost Opera album.

I really enjoy the stream of music in Disc two especially on the way the band makes a live vibe for the concert while on recording side, there is practically not much different from the studio version. I believe that they recorded the concert with great equipment that guarantees excellent production. Also during the performance, the band invited Simone Simons of Epica as guest performer in "The Haunting".

Conclusion

Well, . this review is definitely biased towards my personal preferences about this great band who adores very much in its music because their compositions are really killing me! You'd better discount my rating as this is very personal and I am not feeling guilty with five stars rating because I really love this album and the band very much! I leave it up to you as the final judge for yourself. If you share the same taste with me, go for it . just purchase this CD. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#173812) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008

Post a review of KAMELOT "Ghost Opera - The Second Coming"