GHOST OPERA - THE SECOND COMING

8. Mourning Star
9. Silence of the Darkness
10. Anthem
11. EdenEcho
12. Memento Mori (enhanced video: Live in Belgrade, Serbia)
13. The Human Stain (enhanced video)

CD 2: Live in Belgrade

1. Solitaire
2. Ghost Opera
3. The Human Stain
4. Mourning Star
5. When the Lights Are Down
6. Abandoned
7. The Haunting (with Simone Simons/EPICA)
8. Memento Mori
9. Epilogue
10. March of Mephisto

Studio cuts:

11. Season's End
12. The Pendulous Fall
13. Epilogue
14. Rule the World (remix)

Search KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming lyrics

- Casey Grillo / drums

Guest Musicians

- Simone Simons / vocals

CD SPV (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

KAMELOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming Music

One Cold Winters NightOne Cold Winters Night
Steamhammer Us 2006
Siege PerilousSiege Perilous
Noise 1998
Poetry for the Poisoned (se) - Kamelot New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.23 Buy It Now 2h 9m
EVERGREY Recreation Day Cd Org03 Inside Out Kamelot Morgana Lefay Tad Morose US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Kamelot: Poetry For The Poisoned CD + DVD Set 2010 Bonus Track KMG 4401 Digipak US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Kamelot: Ghost Opera - The Second Coming 2 CD Set ECD 2008 Steamhammer Germany US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned [Vinyl New] US $27.33 Buy It Now 5h 18m
KAMELOT Ghost Opera Cd Org07 Steamhammer Slimline Promo Veni Domine Angra US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
EPICA Requiem For The Indifferent (1 Bonus Track) CD Korea KAMELOT AVANTASIA US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
CD Kamelot - Dominion US $60.00 Buy It Now 9h 59m
FIELDS OF ROCK Summer 2007 Grolsch 14 track PROMO CD Aardschok feat KAMELOT US $14.73 Buy It Now 10h 38m
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 56m
KAMELOT - Poetry For The Poisoned CD + DVD $2.99 Ship US $21.99 Buy It Now 21h 16m
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD & DVD $2.99 S&H US $21.99 Buy It Now 21h 53m
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED DOUBLE VINYL LP SEALED 0205708ERE US $27.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot : Epica CD (2003) US $9.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot / Epica JAPAN+1 OOP!!!!!!!!!! T-A US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot / Eternity JAPAN VICP-5625 ORG!!!!! US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA - JAPAN NEW CD US $46.47 [0 bids]
KAMELOT 'GHOST OPERA' CD + LTD. DVD DISCS & BOOKLET ONLY symphonic power metal US $3.26 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT-Silverthorn CD NEW US $14.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot- Silverthorn BLUE colored vinyl record LP. Edguy, Avantasia. Blind Guard US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT: THE BLACK HALO RARE SPV IMPORT PROMO CD!! EX+ US $10.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot Silverthorn Limited Deluxe Edition Poster Book Mint (Bonus CD Only) US $8.00 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED (UK) NEW CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Poetry For The Pois (NEW CD+DVD) US $9.41 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT THE FOURTH LEGACY CD RARE MADE IN BRAZIL Manowar Hellowen Angra US $9.66 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA THE SECOND COMING 2 CD SET + BONUS US $6.11 Buy It Now 1 day
ROYAL HUNT Paradox LP New! NOTVD LTD 115/350 MALMSTEEN RAINBOW SAVATAGE KAMELOT US $45.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Iron Savior - Dark Assault CD Symphony X Kamelot Judas Priest Gamnar Ray US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED, ORG 2010 GERMAN vinyl 2LP, NEW - SEALED! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Poetry for the Poisoned [CD/DVD] KAMELOT ( FREE SHIPPING) US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot / Silverthorn (+1 Bonus Track) cd NEW SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - SILVERTHORN [LIMITED EDITION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.04 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - BLACK HALO NEW CD US $23.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Conception / Parallel Minds JAPAN Kamelot P-A6 US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Theocracy / Mirror of Souls JAPAN+1 Kamelot OOP!!!!!!! *K US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ghost opera-The second coming/Re-release - Kamelot New & Sealed Compact Disc Fre US $22.43 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned NEW CD US $6.80 Buy It Now 3 days
CONCEPTION - 2 CD LOT-IN YOUR MULTITUDE & PARALLEL MINDS-METAl- KAMELOT-? LISTEN US $22.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Poetry For The Poisoned [Deluxe Edition] Kamelot Audio CD US $10.13 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - POETRY FOR THE POISONED [CD/DVD] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.18 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN - 260452 US $16.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot- Poetry for the Poisoned - 205689ERE US $9.67 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD (brand new) US $7.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - Kamelot US $9.03 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT one cold winter night 2 CD NEW LIVE ( epic US $10.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Silverthorn [CD New] US $16.05 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN (LTD) NEW CD US $25.55 Buy It Now 4 days
Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Sep-2... US $10.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Silverthorn [Limited Edition] by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Oct-2012, 2 Discs, SPV) US $13.85 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN CD (SEALED) + BONUS TRACK $2.99 S&H US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Karma by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - THE FOURTH LEGACY [4006030032321] - NEW CD US $9.17 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned W/ Cd W/ DVD Ltd LP Vinyl Record US $30.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned - 205709ERE US $8.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Ghost Opera - Kamelot New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $32.34 Buy It Now 5 days
HEAVENS GATE Hell For Sale +1 FIRST JAPAN CD OBI VICP-5208 Kamelot Edguy Aina US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA SEALED CD NEW US $5.26 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - KARMA NEW CD US $16.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot, Poetry For The Poisoned, CD+DVD Ltd Ed, Khan, Where The Wild Roses Grow US $24.71 [0 bids]
KAMELOT**POETRY FOR THE POISONED(DIGI)**CD+DVD US $16.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - Black Halo [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot - Fourth Legacy CD Symphony X Blind Guardian Rhapsody Angra Gamma Ray US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT**POETRY FOR THE POISONED**CD US $10.93 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT**THE BLACK HALO**CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Silverthorn - Kamelot US $11.02 Buy It Now 5 days
The Black Halo CD + 2 bonus tracks KAMELOT US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - The Black Halo - LIMITED +2 bonus great CD US $8.49 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - The Black Halo + 2 bonus track US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera Japan CD Bonus Tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Evergrey-In Search of the Truth CD Signed by whole band Dream Theater Kamelot st US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-2012-180g 2xLP BLUE VINYL+INNERS-MOONSPELL-NEW+SEALED US $37.68 Buy It Now 6 days
SONATA ARCTICA Reckoning Night CD 2004 Icarus stratovarius kamelot nightwish US $39.00 Buy It Now 6 days
AVANTASIA The Scarecrow LIMITED DIGI CD+DVD 2008 NB edguy kamelot stratovarius US $29.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned (NEW CD) US $9.83 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT**SILVERTHORN**CD US $12.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot Epica Thai Cassette New Seal OOP 3 USD Shipping Registered Worldwide US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot Karma Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot Kamelot-Ghost Opera NEW 2`CDs Sealed Russian Edition US $20.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Eternity NEW CD Sealed Russian Edition US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Silverthorn NEW CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera [CD New] US $12.70 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT silverthorn CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED NEW CD US $21.13 Buy It Now 6 days
Ghost Opera by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Mar-2009) US $24.42 Buy It Now 6 days
RHAPSODY - legendary tales -1997-indonesia tape- kamelot Luca Turilli gamma ray US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EDGUY -vain glory opera-1998-indonesia cassette- Avantasia gamma ray kamelot US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned [CD New] US $14.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot-Ghost Opera RARE CD + DVD Limited Edition Digipak Conception US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - Poetry For The Poisoned CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD Promo US $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - EPICA (IMPORT) NEW CD US $22.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Fourth Legacy - Kamelot US $9.03 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA: THE SECOND COMING NEW CD US $23.34 Buy It Now 6 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA NEW CD US $23.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot / Eternity JAPAN VICP-5625 US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD US $21.09 Buy It Now 7 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD KAMELOT MEDIA GROUP US $17.82 Buy It Now 7 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera Reprise CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 7 days
Kamelot - Black Halo CD STEAMHAMMER/SPV (GER) US $19.13 Buy It Now 7 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD STEAMHAMMER/SPV (GER) US $19.13 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy KAMELOT music online Buy KAMELOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAMELOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming ratings distribution

KAMELOT Ghost Opera - The Second Coming reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Do not trust my words! Unless .

. you are a die hard fan of Kamelot! Being a power metal lover itself does not guarantee that you would agree with my words in this review. You must love the band first and then you "might" agree with me because the words that I put below are just emotional words I use to describe this CD and there is no sense of objectivity at all, everything is subjective. And my proposition about music remains intact: "Music is Emotion". Yeah, it's according to me, it's my humblest opinion. I have been living my life with the band's music the first time I heard their "Karma" album where the opening tracks "Regalis Apertura" - "Forever" blew me away to the rooftop the first time I spun the CD. These two tracks then became a must in any concert / event presented by the rock organization where I have got involved with, i-Rock! Music Community, since two years ago. The two tracks are really excellent and since then I purchased all albums by the band.

I was actually not interested in buying this re-release of "Ghost Opera" because I already purchased the Limited Edition of the original album. So when the band announced that they would release "The Second Coming" I reacted with skepticism that the band was just trying to push the commercial side of their original album. But .. there was intriguing posting in i-Rock! mailing list from my colleague Yulianto Dewata who said that this re-re-release of Ghost Opera had received great reviews from music critics. So, I could afford not to click the CD from the net. Indeed, the price was not that expensive for a double CD with enhanced video.

The CD comes with a nice package similar with the original version but this time the disc 2 contains the band's live performance at Belgrade plus four studio cuts which one track "Pendulous Fall" you can find with the Limited Edition's CD. While the CD 1 contains 11 tracks of the "Ghost Opera" studio album (original version) plus one shot of video for Belgrade's performance with "Memento Mori" taken from The Black Halo album plus a video clip of "The Human Stain" from Ghost Opera album. If you have purchased the original "Ghost Opera" album, the added value for having this version is basically on live performance (Disc 2) plus studio cuts and some videos located at Disc One. Well, it depends on how you value live performance, because otherwise you might consider purchasing this CD is a waste of monies due to not much addition. But, remember the retail price which I consider quite cheap, so it's really worth having it.

CD One : The Ghost Opera studio album - a masterpiece.

Why masterpiece?

The Composition I think the main thing that I want to put upfront for this album is its solid and coherent composition from opening track until last track plus the bonus track (mine is a limited edition CD with bonus track "The Pendulous Fall". At least, the first time I listened to the CD (it was 2:00 PM in the morning, because I could not wait until the next morning after waking up - so "curious" about the music) my initial comment after spinning entire CD through my laptop was: "Solid!". It might be hard for you to define what "solid" really means, but I am sure you can taste and feel it yourself. My simple definition is that each elements and segments of the music is delivered in really tight arrangement so that it does not allow you to comment "why like this? Why not like that?". It's simple and ain't gonna tell you in scientific definition because I am not able to. You know my principle: "Music is emotion". Hey, the composition of this album does stir my emotion! So, what do I need more from this album? Nothing! Every single composition is a perfect one. Am I exaggerating? Honestly, not at all. You might disgaree with me and be it, I don't mind at all.

The Stream of Music. Oh yes, this album provides me with a great stream of music that flows very naturally from opening track which comprises only violin solo "Solitaire" and it blasts off wonderfully with "Rule The World" which has great lyrics. The title track also brings in another power to the music that makes the flow even better! What a surprise that at the fourth track "Human Stain" the band delivers a groovy music that you might have never imagined the band would ever deliver! For sure, you would not be able to say that Kamelot is a power metal music if you only listen to this song only. The first time I listened to this song, it created another nuance. It's brilliant! The music brings to another great track "Blucher" which contains heavy riffs combining bass, guitar and drums. "Love You To Death" is really a dark and great ballad composed with really great opening augmented with beautiful orchestration. My friend, David Dewata, who is now overseas at Ottawa sent me an SMS about how great this track is for accompanying him during his trip. Roy Khan is now singing with female voice and the melody and lyrics are really touchy. All other songs are great. Even the bonus track is really great. Another friend of mine, Dimensi, commented at my blog that the music of Kamelot is now becoming "predictable". Well, I interpret the term "predictable" differently. As far as my ears, my heart, and my mind concern .. the music of Kamelot since "The Fourth Legacy" album has been "predictably" great! The composition has become matured in a way.

Matured Musicians. One thing very peculiar about Kamelot is the fact that each musician is nothing dominating one to another. There is no such song that explores long solo of particular instrument (usually guitar and keyboard). Each member seems to contribute evenly to the music. There is no song that demonstrates technical skills of the player. Even though the music is delivered in a comprehensive way without demonstrating certain instrument, but I can see that Casey Grillo's drumming is top notch! Roy Khan voice has become much more deep and thick and he mostly sing in low to medium register notes. This is unusual for power metal band, but Kamelot has proven that power metal does not necessarily mean a music full of screams and distortion!. All songs delivered in this album has particularly less (or no) distortion at all. All riffs are delivered in its cleanest form.

The Miro and Sascha Paeth Factor. For those of you have not been familiar with power metal, you might not know these two gentlemen. These duo have produced many power metal bands including Kamelot and Rhapsody and they have always been excellent albums whenever these two gentlemen were involved. Miro has contributed for orchestration of this album. And this new album by Kamelot is the one with the most intense orchestration compared to any previous album. The orchestration is so dynamic and it enriches the composition especially in providing maneuvers at transition pieces where Miro has put string arrangements. It's a great orchestration work!

CD Two : Live from Belgrade - solid performance

Like the studio version, it starts with violin work of "Solitaire" followed by Roy Khan's voice: "Ladies and gentlemen . this is Ghost Opera...!!!!" with a blast of music in power metal energetic mood augmented nicely by violin sound. It does remind me to "Forever" of Karma album because it's in similar vein even though the melody is totally different. My imagination goes forward with the band's live DVD "On Cold Winter's Night" which was a great performance to support their The Black Halo album. I can sense that Casey Grilo plays his drums wonderfully. It then moves nicely to "Human Stain" which has a solid groove and quite interesting in its rhythm section. At the intro of "Mourning Star" Roy Khan starts with a communication with the crowd. The song is again another energetic one from The Ghost Opera album.

I really enjoy the stream of music in Disc two especially on the way the band makes a live vibe for the concert while on recording side, there is practically not much different from the studio version. I believe that they recorded the concert with great equipment that guarantees excellent production. Also during the performance, the band invited Simone Simons of Epica as guest performer in "The Haunting".

Conclusion

Well, . this review is definitely biased towards my personal preferences about this great band who adores very much in its music because their compositions are really killing me! You'd better discount my rating as this is very personal and I am not feeling guilty with five stars rating because I really love this album and the band very much! I leave it up to you as the final judge for yourself. If you share the same taste with me, go for it . just purchase this CD. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#173812) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008

Post a review of KAMELOT "Ghost Opera - The Second Coming"