I TAKA NATAKA (FEAT. DADO TOPIC)

Leb I Sol

- Srđan Dragojević / bass-prim tamburitza
- Sergej Trifunović / guest appearance, vocal
- Milan Dimusevski / vocal
- Aleksandar Buzadzić / synth FX, loops

CD PGP RTS CD 417016 (2008 Serbia)
CD Croatia Records (2008 Croatia)

Thanks to seyo for the addition
and to seyo for the last updates

LEB I SOL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEB I SOL I Taka Nataka (feat. Dado Topic) Music

Leb I SolLeb I Sol
Imports 2014
Leb I Sol 2Leb I Sol 2
Imports 2014
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL/double life RARE MACEDONIAN 1993 CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 19h 45m
LEB I SOL TANGENTA FANTSTIC YUGOSLAV JAZZ FOLK ROCK ORIGIN 1ST PRESS1984 EX-/EX US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LEB I SOL 2 ethno Yugoslav jazz rock PRESSING 1979 VG/EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LEB I SOL KAO KAKAO ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESSING 1987 EX/NM- US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LEB I SOL SAME FANTASTIC EX YUGOSLAV PRESSING ETHNO JAZZ ROCK 1978 VG-/EX- US $26.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LEB I SOL PUTUJEMO ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS JAZZ ROCK 1989 EX-/EX US $26.00 Buy It Now 2 days
2CD LEB I SOL - Live in Macedonia 30th Anniverary Tour Concert 2006 one records US $28.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LEB I SOL - NIE CETVORICATA RARE YUGO JAZZ ROCK FUSION 7"PS 1978 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LEB I SOL feat. DADO TOPIC TAKA NATAKA, MACEDONIAN JA FOLK ROCK CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
PREDMESTJE "Brez Naslova" CD kraan Leb I Sol US $17.64 Buy It Now 5 days
LEB I SOL"2 ZLATNA"PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $45.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL AKUSTICNA TRAUMA ETHNO JAZZ EXYUGOSLAV 2LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK FUSION JAZZ ROCK EXYUGOSLAV LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL S/T ETHNO JAZZ STEFANOVSKI EXYUGOSLAV LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Leb-I-Sol - Con Briorubato - Basic Beat - 1995 #30935 US $4.79 Buy It Now 10 days
Vlatko Stefanovski ( Leb i Sol) ?- 3 Summer Days CD limited/ sealed MINT US $14.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK VG LP YUGO JAZZROCK FUSION Izvir Oko Smak Yugoslav US $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
OMLADINA V/A INDEXI LEB I SOL JAZZ FUSION FUNK EXYU 2LP US $119.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LEB I SOL Same, Jazz Rock Fusion YU Press EX LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 13 days
LEB I SOL - (?) !!! EXTRA RARE YUGO JAZZ - ROCK FUSION !!! US $19.90 Buy It Now 13 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO , YUGOSLAV LP US $32.00 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL 2 , MACEDONIAN PROG ETHNO JAZZ YUGOSLAV LP US $44.00 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL 1st, MACEDONIAN PROG ETHNO JAZZ YUGOSLAV LP US $42.00 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL FIRST LP EX RARE YUGO RARE FUSION JAZZ ROCK Smak, Indexi, Time US $35.00 Buy It Now 15 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP 1987+INNER SLEEVE-MACEDONIAN FOLK-ROCK US $19.00 Buy It Now 15 days
LEB I SOL RUCNI RAD, YUGOSLAV JAZZ PROG ETHNO ROCK LP US $26.00 Buy It Now 19 days
LEB I SOL 1979 RARE UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE TAPE ROCK JAZZ US $27.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Damage Vol76 RARE NEW CD Buzzcocks LEMONHEADS PJ Harvey JOI Leb i Sol CAKE Dink US $8.99 Buy It Now 20 days
LEB I SOL"SREBRANA" PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $35.00 Buy It Now 20 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP-1987-CLASSIC ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 22 days
LEB I SOL SLEDOVANJE RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG+/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 22 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG/EX- US $18.00 Buy It Now 22 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1987-YUGOSLAV JAZZ-ROCK-FOLK US $10.00 Buy It Now 23 days
LEB I SOL NIE CETVORICATA 78'PROG WHITE LABEL EXYU 7"PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
LEB I SOL-NIE CETVORICATA/DEVETKA-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 7" 45rpm 1978-YUGO PROG ROCK US $11.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL akusticna trauma live 2001 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL best of vol. 1+2 2003 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock TWO CDs US $50.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL rucni rad + beskonacno 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock 2 albums on 1CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL sledovanje 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD with bonus songs US $28.00 Buy It Now 25 days
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL live MACEDONIAN 1995 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL live in New York YUGOSLAVIAN 1991 jazz/rock/etno CASSETTE US $13.00 Buy It Now 25 days

More places to buy LEB I SOL music online Buy LEB I SOL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEB I SOL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEB I SOL I Taka Nataka (feat. Dado Topic) ratings distribution

LEB I SOL I Taka Nataka (feat. Dado Topic) reviews

Review by Seyo
3 stars After the successful 2006 reunion tour marking the 30th anniversary that was crowned with 2CD/DVD release of Live in Macedonia, many fans waited to see what was going to happen with LEB I SOL and whether they were going to record new material and continue the success story. So, the decision by Vlatko Stefanovski to not take part in the further LEB I SOL projects shocked many. Although never a bandleader in the strict sense, he was after all the guitar hero, an amazing instrumentalist, composer and performer (and occasional lead vocalist too) whom many strongly identified with the band. If the absence of Stefanovski justified the scepticism over the band's future, then the same decision by drummer Tavitijan that followed stirred serious doubts over whether we could any more talk about LEB I SOL as such! If both Arsovski and Dimusevski are legally entitled to carry on with the LEB I SOL name since they were original members since 1976, the very absence of the unique percussive sounds and rhythms of Tavitijan and of the Stefanovski's weeping guitar soli suggested that musically the new band would sound rather different.

The album I taka nataka (En. And So On) was released in early 2008 by Serbian label PGP RTS and later by Croatia Records. Among several special guests, notable is the appearance of former KORNI GRUPA and TIME vocalist Dado Topić, otherwise pursuing a not always successful solo career. Indeed, the question was whether the album would attract even less listeners if Topić name had not been featured on the album cover for obvious marketing purposes.

Now, onto the music! Composition credits are equally divided between Dimusevski and Arsovski, with one obligatory cover of a Macedonian traditional song. Dimitar Bozikov (guitar) and Srđan Dunkić (drums) were recruited as replacements and while competent players; they simply could not fill the gaping hole left after the departure of the two absentees. That said, the music is far from bad - jazz rock fans will especially like the elements of the old, classic fusion sound of the early three albums as in the opener Leb i igri (Bread and Games or in Latin Panem et circenses) with swirling piano and guitar soli reminiscent of Stefanovski. Dimusevski's keyboards and piano are dominant instruments and listening to the album for several times it appears to me that he was probably the driving force behind the continuing LEB I SOL project. He left the band in 1980 after Ručni rad and returned only in 1989 for the recording sessions of the last studio LP Putujemo, thus he missed the entire decade when the band were most popular and commercially successful in ex-Yugoslavia. So I guess he was more eager now to contribute to LEB I SOL name than Arsovski and Stefanovski who both had successful solo careers in the meantime.

Arsovski's Astrolab with a slow-paced beat, tribal percussive elements and excellent guitar-ambient sound and Dimusevski's Paramatma with its dark symphonic and jazz touches played with piano lead riff, bass solo, synth flourishes and wonderful kaval (Bulgarian flute used across the Balkans) courtesy of Slobodan Trkulja, are the highlights of the album. Sandwiched between them is a Topić's excellent singing of the traditional Si zaljubiv edno mome (A Young Lad Fell in Love) which is produced in a hit-like manner (and it was video-clipped too for TV broadcast). This is the third appearance of this song on a LEB I SOL album - previous two were live versions on Live in New York and Live in Macedonia - but this time the lyrics and vocals were included. The remainder of the disc is somewhat close to unpretentious but lame lounge jazz without much originality and cause. Exception might be the closer, a gentle love ballad Sakam da ti dojdam (I Would Like to Come to Your Place) with some really nice kaval sounds and guest appearance of a renowned Serbian actor Sergej Trifunović who recites the lyrics over the phone to a loved one, although it borders on banality. Another singing task Topić did not perform well - It's Warming Up is an undistinguished blues- rock with some funky synths and completely unnecessary English lyrics - it's downright filler.

I taka nataka will equally disappoint some old LEB I SOL fans who simply hate to see the band without half of the original membership and probably be enjoyed by some others who are less orthodox, along with younger listeners who only heard about the legends from their elder peers. This is a decent and quite listenable jazz-ethno-fusion with slight retro feel, but not too essential in the career of the band.

PERSONAL RATING: 3,5/5

P.A. RATING: 3/5

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#210915) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 10, 2009

3 stars Not Vlatko Stefanovski in line-up but with Bodan Arsovski. This is important and determinant for me. Certainly Leb I Sol is one of my preferred band but this album not conquest me. This because 'I Taka Nataka' is too modern, for the first and because without Balkan Folk elements in first pl ... (read more)

Report this review (#219910) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Friday, June 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LEB I SOL "I Taka Nataka (feat. Dado Topic)"