MILK MAN

Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Milk Man (4:23)
2. Giga Dance (2:58)
3. Desapareceré (4:07)
4. Rainbow Silhouette of the Milky Rain (4:16)
5. Dog on the Sidewalk (1:13)
6. C (4:00)
7. Milking (3:36)
8. Dream Wanderer's Tune (2:19)
9. Song of Sorn (2:25)
10. That Big Orange Sun Run Over Speed Light (2:02)
11. New Sneakers (2:14)

- Chris Cohen / guitars
- John Dieterich / guitars
- Satomi Matsuzaki / vocals, bass
- Greg Saunier / drums, vocals

Kill Rock Stars / 5 Rue Christine / ATP Recordings

Thanks to burritounit for the addition

Buy DEERHOOF Milk Man Music

Milk ManMilk Man
Kill Rock Stars 2009
$8.66

More places to buy DEERHOOF music online Buy DEERHOOF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DEERHOOF Milk Man ratings distribution

DEERHOOF Milk Man reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I was not really thrilled (to say the least) with ''Deerhoof'' production so far (this is my fourth review from their work).

The first major problem being the song writing and the second one is definitely the role as a lead singer from Satomi Matsuzaki who has been quite disastrous. Needless to say that the very short length of their albums so far is another of the weak ingredients (although I was quite keen on their short works bearing in mind the weak level).

This album shows some better stuff though. No grandiose tracks, but some decent ones like ''Giga Dance''. Their global style is not much different than in previous release and might be of the likeness of some ''avant-garde'' freaks, but I have never been one of those.

Most of the time (''Desapareceré''), the music is too loose, without direction. The nadir being the sometimes punkish like during ''Rainbow Silhouette''. There is really no wonder to expect form this album. The band is very confidential because his music is very confidential and unlikely bound to appeal the masses.

There are truly unbearable tracks in here (''Dog On The Sidewalk'') and I am quite uncomfortable with their inclusion on this site. Anyway, there are so few reviews for this band that I am quite comforted with my opinion. This is below average experimental music, no more.

Tracks are a bit more achieved this time: a bit more lengthy than usual (three minutes average instead of two or so, although the last four tracks are quite short) but there is little new under the blood red sky. No passion, no feeling and no originality.

''Milk Man'' won't propel this band in the Walhalla of prog music, that's for sure. Slightly better than their earlier works. two stars is my maximum rating for such an album.

4 stars Pretty good album, and pretty odd for the 2004 release by the Indie/Crossover Prog band Deerhoof. In my opinion, this is one of Deerhoof's best and highest-quality albums. Lets get to the review: Milkman: One of my favorite songs on this album. It starts with a good bassline and then get ... (read more)

Report this review (#187604) | Posted by pinkpork | Saturday, November 1, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEERHOOF "Milk Man"