WRITE MY NAME IN THE DUST

Pete Bardens Producer
Jerry Boys Engineer
Andy Gee Guitar
Alan Harris Engineer
Maxine Iffla Vocals (bckgr)
Paul Leeves Art Direction
Linda Lewis Vocals (bckgr)
Anita Pollinger Vocals (bckgr)
Judith Powell Vocals (bckgr)
John Scott
Paul Stratton
Liza Strike Vocals (bckgr)
Mirage and Camel members

2002 CD Castle

Thanks to chris stacey for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

PETER BARDENS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER BARDENS Write My Name In The Dust Music

Esoteric 2012
Vintage '69Vintage '69
Transatlantic
Vinyl$12.00 (used)
write my name in the dust LPwrite my name in the dust LP
VERVE FORECAST
Vinyl$20.00 (used)
vintage '69 LPvintage '69 LP
TRANSATLANTIC
Vinyl$40.00 (used)
peter bardens LPpeter bardens LP
GET BACK
Vinyl$20.00 (used)
S/T LP (Vinyl Album) UK Transatlantic 1971S/T LP (Vinyl Album) UK Transatlantic 1971
Transatlantic
Vinyl$51.96 (used)
Peter Bardens - Peter Bardens - ECLEC2220 US $19.05 Buy It Now 31m 34s
Peter Bardens - The Answer - ECLEC2221 US $19.01 Buy It Now 31m 36s
KEATS self titled Promo Colin Blunstone Alan Parsons Peter Bardens Lp US $7.76 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Peter Bardens - Heart To Heart NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens - Peter Bardens NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens - The Answer NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER BARDENS Write my name in the dust - The Anthology 1963-2002 2 CD B4420 US $16.50 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens-Speed Of Light-RARE PROMO-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!CAMEL!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens-S/T Write My Name In Dust 1971 UK Transatlantic TRA 243 EX/M TOPS! US $55.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens - The Answer Japan mini lp cd Camel Keats Steve Ellis Linda Lewis US $49.90 Buy It Now 2 days
CLEAN! Peter Bardens-Vintage '69 UK TRA SAM-36 PROG/ROCK Camel LP NM US $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CAMEL Breathless ARISTA AB 4206 Promo w/ Cut Corner PETER BARDENS (1978) US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $27.99 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens - Heart To Heart (NEW CD) US $19.93 Buy It Now 3 days
? Peter Bardens - Write My Name in the Dust (of Camel, Them) US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PETER BARDENS: Vintage '69 LP (UK, sl cw) rare Rock & Pop US $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PETER BARDENS: The Answer LP rare Rock & Pop US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Bardens - Big Sky - TECD070 US $15.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Peter Bardens LP The Answer Verve FTS 3088 US $16.00 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens - Anthology (2CD) NEW Camel (70's Prog) US $16.94 [0 bids]
UK press 1970 PETER BARDENS Vintage '69 LP Transatlantic TRASAM36 CAMEL US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PETER BARDENS THE ANSWER RARE ORIGINAL WHITE LABEL BLUES PROG LP CAMEL US $39.99 [0 bids]
PETER BARDENS 'SELF TITLED ALBUM', 1971 UK TRANSATLANTIC VINYL LP SUPERB EXAMPLE US $50.92 [0 bids]
CAMEL s/t +2 Mini LP CD JAPAN UICY-9204 / Andrew Latimer Peter Bardens US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL Mirage +4 Mini LP CD JAPAN UICY-9205 / Andrew Latimer Peter Bardens US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL The Snow Goose Mini LP CD JAPAN UICY-9045 / Andrew Latimer Peter Bardens US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL Moonmadness Mini LP CD JAPAN UICY-9046 / Andrew Latimer Peter Bardens US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL A Live Record +7 Mini LP CD JAPAN 2CD ICY-9206/7 / Peter Bardens US $19.99 [0 bids]
PETER BARDENS WRITE MY NAME IN THE DUST LP RECORD US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Heart to Heart by Peter Bardens (CD, Jun-2005, Bmg) Camel US $8.75 Buy It Now 6 days
CAMEL On The Road 1972 CD SEALED Japan 1993 Andrew Latimer Peter Bardens Caravan US $125.00 Buy It Now 7 days
PETER BARDENS. WRITE MY NAME IN THE DUST. VERVE. FTS 3091. 1971. PROG/ROCK. US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CAMEL Rain Dances 1977 Japan Press Andy Ward Peter Bardens OBI LP d3720 US $79.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Camel / Rain Dances Vinyl Prog LP Nova 6.23261 German Peter Bardens US $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PETER BARDENS - PETER BARDENS - NEW CD US $17.96 Buy It Now 10 days
CINEMA SAMPLER-Peter Bardens-CAMEL-Patrick Moraz-YES-Michael Hoenig/AMIN Bhatia US $8.49 Buy It Now 11 days
PETER BARDENS SELF TITLED JAPAN MADE MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE WAS-1082 US $35.99 Buy It Now 13 days
PETER BARDENS - HEART TO HEART [PETER BARDENS] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $14.96 Buy It Now 14 days
? Pete Bardens - Seen One Earth (of Camel, Them) (Peter Bardens) US $14.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PETER BARDENS The Answer RARE ORIG VERVE FORECAST PROMO LP '70 camel them psychf US $59.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Heart to Heart by Peter Bardens (CD, Apr-2012, Esoteric Recordings) US $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
The Answer by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $15.01 Buy It Now 15 days
Peter Bardens - Answer CD US $28.70 Buy It Now 15 days
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $29.99 Buy It Now 16 days
? Camel - Chameleon: Best of (Decca) (UK) Peter Bardens US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
KEATS self titled Promo Colin Blunstone Alan Parsons Peter Bardens prog Lp US $7.76 Buy It Now 16 days
Camel Pressure Points W.German CD NEW Peter Bardens Chris Rainbow Prog-Rock Live US $35.00 Buy It Now 16 days
PETER BARDENS - PETER BARDENS NEW CD US $34.09 Buy It Now 17 days
Peter Bardens by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $15.01 Buy It Now 17 days
Bardens,Peter - Peter Bardens [CD New] US $17.96 Buy It Now 18 days
Peter Bardens - Peter Bardens CD US $28.70 Buy It Now 18 days
PETER BARDENS - HEART TO HEART NEW CD US $34.09 Buy It Now 19 days
PETER BARDENS (Camel) Rare unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1991 US $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Peter Bardens (Expanded+Remastered) - Peter Bardens New & Sealed CD Free Shippin US $32.21 Buy It Now 20 days
Peter Bardens by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoter... US $15.85 Buy It Now 20 days
Peter Bardens S/T pre Camel UK prog Vinyl LP Original Transatlantic TRA 243 Pete US $39.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Peter Bardens - Heart To Heart..Japan Mini Lp CD..OBI..NEW US $12.99 Buy It Now 21 days
PETER BARDENS: Write My Name In The Dust LP (sl cw, writing on cover, writing o US $20.00 Buy It Now 21 days
CAMEL Self Tittle 1st Album LP Vinyl JAPAN VIM-4085 W/ OBI PETER BARDENS US $39.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Peter Bardens by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $18.68 Buy It Now 24 days
The Answer by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $18.68 Buy It Now 24 days
Heart to Heart by Peter Bardens (CD, Apr-2012, Esoteric Recordings) US $18.30 Buy It Now 24 days
PETER BARDENS - THE ANSWER - NEW CD US $14.97 Buy It Now 25 days
CAMEL - DUST AND DREAMS Truly Rare Original Cassette 1991Prog Rock Peter Bardens US $19.90 Buy It Now 25 days
PETER BARDENS - HEART TO HEART (4988017632017) - NEW CD US $40.77 Buy It Now 25 days
Peter Bardens - The Answer (NEW CD) US $19.93 Buy It Now 26 days
Peter Bardens - Peter Bardens (NEW CD) US $19.93 Buy It Now 26 days
PETER BARDENS: Write My Name In The Dust LP (WLP, promo tag obc, 1" bottom seam US $20.00 Buy It Now 26 days
VAN MORRISON ( WAVELENGTH ) 1978 vinyl PROMO LP w/ GARTH HUDSON, PETER BARDENS US $15.95 Buy It Now 26 days
The Answer (Expanded+Remastered) - Peter Bardens New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $32.21 Buy It Now 27 days
PETER BARDENS - ANSWER - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $34.09 Buy It Now 27 days
PETER BARDENS s/t LP 9 track gatefold matrix a1u/b1u sleeve has some laminate bu US $50.92 Buy It Now 28 days
PETER BARDENS write my name in the dust 2 CD CAMEL US $29.99 Buy It Now 29 days
The Answer by Peter Bardens (CD, Sep-2010, Esoteric Records) US $24.85 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PETER BARDENS music online Buy PETER BARDENS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER BARDENS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER BARDENS Write My Name In The Dust ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

PETER BARDENS Write My Name In The Dust reviews

Review by snobb
2 stars I know, that many music fans don't like compilations, and I absolutely understand why.We have a good example just to confirm this opinion.

Pete Bardens has a long life in music,and during the years music was changed. We have terrible eclectic collection there. There are some perfect songs in it,but in chronological order placed between other pieces, alltogether material sounds as craziest dream.

Some first songs from Barden's very early period (with Peter B'Looners, Village, etc.) are just very simple beat-r'n'b era tunes. They could be interesting for heavy collectors only.After slowly we're coming to Barden's blues-rock period ( These songs are the reason why I searched for this album - there are some perfect Peter Green's guitar solo on its). Songs become more attractive, but far from prog. In fact it's something near Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac works.

Keyboards starts to dominate, and we are in next Barden's era now. I think main interest to Barden name is coming from people, who are interested in Camel. So - some solo songs, some - with Camel, so what we have here? Double CD which contains very different in styles,arrangements and even in sound quality music! What was the reason to put this dangerous mix in one place?

I can recommend this compilation for heavy Barden's fans or collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#236297) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Long ago, far away

This anthology set gathers together Peter Bardens' first two (pre-Camel) solo albums The Answer (1970) and Peter Bardens (1971) in their respective entirety, plus some tracks from various bands Bardens played in during the 60's, three Camel numbers, and a few tracks from Bardens final solo album The Art Of Levitation (2002). As such Write My Name In The Dust works horribly badly as a retrospective as there is a very heavy focus on the very old--before Bardens became relevant--and the very new--long after he seized being relevant, overlooking almost everything of what came in between!

The primary reason for buying this two CD set is to get hold of those two full early solo albums for a reasonable price. Since I have reviewed those two albums separately, I will focus on the rest of what's here in this review.

The first disc opens with a set of tunes that Bardens recorded in the 60's with The Cheynes, Peter B's Looners, Shotgun Express, and The Village. The Zombies and Manfred Mann might perhaps be used as reference points here in terms of the style, but the quality of most of these songs is far below those acts. If you are looking for anything (proto-)progressive here, you are going to be disappointed.

The most important period in Bardens career is certainly his time with Camel. There are three Camel recordings here: a live recording of Arubaluba (originally from Camel's self-titled 1973 debut), Supertwister (from 1974's Mirage album), and a single edit of Flight Of The Snow Goose (1975). In addition there is a 2002 version of Spirit Of The Water (originally from 1976's Moonmadness) re-recorded for The Art Of Levitation--Bardens final solo album, released the same year he passed away. Like most of his solo albums, this was far away from Prog and more towards New Age.

Overall, a rather weird compilation this, and far from essential

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1126501) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 02, 2014

Post a review of PETER BARDENS "Write My Name In The Dust"