OUTWORLD

2. Riders (5:36)
3. Warcry (6:15)
4. Outworld (6:09)
5. The Never (6:35)
6. City Of The Dead (7:16)
7. Prelude To Madness (1:30)
8. The Grey Tide (9:16)

- Shawn Kascak / bass
- Bobby Williamson / keyboards
- Kelly Carpenter / vocals
- Jeff Huerta / drums

CD Replica Records (2006)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

OUTWORLD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OUTWORLD Outworld Music

OutworldOutworld
CD Baby 2013

More places to buy OUTWORLD music online Buy OUTWORLD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OUTWORLD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OUTWORLD Outworld ratings distribution

OUTWORLD Outworld reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars I'm a little surprise to see that I'm the first reviewer of this band and album so far. Till now only 4 votes and all 5 stars - that means masterpiece of prog metal. I'm not gonna go with the rest to say this is a 5 star album, to me is only a 4, that means is a solid album but nothing close to masterpiece. The first album of Outworld was release in 2006 selftitled. A big surprise for me, in a good way, prog power metal , very uplifting with nice passages and very solid musicianship. Themain man of the band is the talentated guitar player Rusty Cooley, who have some very intristing chops and very fast solos, and aswell some melodic riffs. The voice is no other than Kelly Carpenter - you can hear this guy on Beyond Twilight album Section X from 2005. He has a powerfull voice, but when he reaches the higher notes he is to much like Rob Halford. Anyway what he does here is good. The rest of the musicians are also very technical , but not exagerating, the music is more towards power metal with prog metal leanings and solid key passages. All in all a great album, with great pieces, the best are: Raise Hell, Warcry and the longest The Grey Tide, the rest are also good. Similar bands are to me Beyond Twilight, Anubis Gate. Well finaly a 4 star album, great but not excellent. recommended to prog metal fans.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#197733) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 08, 2009

4 stars Man this is a huge album ! Rusty Cooley is an absolutely incredible guitar player, and vocalist Kelly Carpenter is one of the best vocalists I have heard in a long time. I agree with b olariu that when he hits those higher notes or screams he sounds a lot like Rob Halford. The music here is heavy with a thunderous rhythm section. ZERO HOUR came to mind often. I like the lyrics as well.

"Raise Hell" opens with an all out assault just to thin the thickness of our skins. Vocals before a minute. Love the scream 1 1/2 minutes in and a minute later. The rhythm section is ground shaking as synths wash in. A blistering guitar solo before 4 minutes followed by a synth solo. Nice bass 5 1/2 minutes in. The guitar to open "Riders" reminds me of ZERO HOUR, Jasun Tipon to be presice. It settles in with vocals and a drum stampede. Vocal melodies before 2 minutes reminding me of John Arch. The synths that follow are ablaze and the guitar follows suit. Themes are repeated. "Warcry" is a top three track for me. This one is all about the amazing vocals of Sundown Carpenter.The music is heavy and hard. Guitar solo before 3 1/2 minutes. "Outworld" has to be a top three as well. It opens with the first laid back section of the album. Reserved vocals join in. Here we go before a minute. Vocals rip it up too. Synths come to the fore but they're brief. Nice drum/bass passage 3 minutes in. Check out the guitar that follows.

"The Never" opens with synths then a guitar solo followed by a barrage of drums. A powerful rhythm section here and the vocals are outstanding. Blistering guitar before 3 1/2 minutes as a ZERO HOUR vibe follows. "City Of The Dead" opens with a dark atmosphere as reserved vocals join in. It kicks in after a minute. Killer guitar solo before 4 1/2 minutes. The final minute is lights out good. "Prelude To Madness" is a short piece where the piano plays and the guitar cries out. "The Grey Tide" opens with pounding drums, synths and the vocals are fantastic. It settles after 3 minutes.Great section. There's piano here too. It kicks back in a minute later. The guitar leads after 6 minutes. So good. Tough not to include this song in my top three. "I Thanatos" is the other top three for me. Riffs to start in a dark atmosphere. It kicks in quickly. Vocals before a minute. Check out the mind blowing guitar before 5 minutes that goes on and on. Keyboards then lead then the vocals return. The bass is killer here.

Metal fans need to check this album out. Insane, absolutely insane.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#292780) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2010

5 stars Outworld - one of the most critically underrated and unknown bands in existence. It is a massive shame that they have dissolved into the abyss of cult artists. This debut album from them is one of the greatest technical displays and songwriting displays you could ask from a prog band. Whether ... (read more)

Report this review (#284808) | Posted by Laurelles | Friday, June 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OUTWORLD "Outworld"