FACTOR BURZACO

Buy FACTOR BURZACO Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. α (4:50)
2. Mesianik (4:55)
3. Restos de Camaleón (5:11)
4. Como Acariciar a un Tigre Muerto (5:09)
5. β (0:31)
6. Siembra (5:57)
7. Un Cristal (4:51)
8. γ (0:40)
9. Falso 11 (6:18)
10. Resbalar Sin Caer (6:23)
11. ω Viena Pop (5:39)

Official track and total lenght not provided in the album

Search FACTOR BURZACO Factor Burzaco lyrics

- Pablo Montoya /Tenor and Baritone Sax
- Pable Berensein / Alto and tenor Sax

- Mariano Ganba / Flute, Alto, Tenor and Soprano Sax on 2, 9 and 11

BAU RECORDS/Viajero Inmovil Records 2007

Thanks to Ivan_Melgar_M for the addition

FACTOR BURZACO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FACTOR BURZACO Factor Burzaco Music

MARQUEE
Factor BurzacoFactor Burzaco
Burzaco Records
IIII
AltRock
Audio CD$21.99 (used)

More places to buy FACTOR BURZACO music online Buy FACTOR BURZACO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FACTOR BURZACO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FACTOR BURZACO Factor Burzaco ratings distribution

FACTOR BURZACO Factor Burzaco reviews

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
5 stars If somebody had told me a few days ago I would be reviewing an Avant album, I would had believed this guy was crazy, I always saw this sub-genre as extremely complex, sometimes cacophonic and lack of interest for my taste.

But last week "Viajero Inmovil Records" sent me three albums for review, one of them FACTOR BURZACO self titled Avant debut which I heard with some reluctance, but incredibly it captured me immediately, there is something mysterious, experimental and brilliant in their music, to the point that I couldn't stop listening it since I received it.

I beg the reader to excuse my lack of experience in this kind of bands, but I feel I must review it because it's something so refreshing that can't be left behind

The album is opened with "α " (Alpha). A song that starts with the strange and unusual but captivating voice of Carolina Restuccia singing in Spanish, soon the whole band joins creating a total dissonance between the vocals and music, normally this would keep me away but in this case only interested me more, several radical changes of tempo and mood, make of this track a perfect gem.

"Mesianik" starts more rocker with the bass taking the lead, just to allow a distorted guitar and drums to join along with the vocals again in a different tempo, as if it was a new instrument playing in a different key, but to add complexity, the winds also join in a different mood, breathtaking and captivating. To finish, the band and orchestral instruments create a controlled cacophony that adds dramatics

"Restos de Camaleón" (Remains of a Chameleon): Begins softer with a short piano and vocals intro soon joined by violins, sax and flute, the characteristic vocals don't change, reminding me more and more of THE RED MASQUE, but for what I heard I knew I shouldn't expect the same atmosphere remain intact all the song, and I wasn't wrong, even when it's more calmed than all the previous, some violent explosions of sound shock us, another broilliant track.

"Como Acariciar a un Tigre Muerto" (How to Pet a Dead Tiger): starts with an "a capella" intro soon followed by a weird piano and then the whole band, in this track we can see some Post Rock approach, very rhytmic and vibrant, the flute work is simply perfect and of course the controlled cacophony is delightful. The Orchestral sections are really scary and atmospheric and the spooky screams of the Carolina Restuccia blend perfectly, excellent work.

Β (Beta): Is a very short Rock instrumental that works as an intro "Siembra" (Sowing)", again soft and melancholic, the piano adds more mystery to the song forming a perfect duet with the vocals. In this case the song flows gently from start to way past the middle where everything seems to get out of control, but it's only the desired effect, screams, distorted instruments, everything ids complex but strangely seems to fit perfectly.

Un Cristal (A Crystal): Starts different with a short guitar and drums intro and again the oboe announces the vocals which flow gently and more in tune than ever before, this time everything fits perfectly in place, but paradoxically until the middle it's the song I like less, maybe I'm getting used to the unpredictable..But, hey I spoke too soon, a completely distorted orchestral sound wall shocks me (with this guys you must never expect the expectable), then the track returns to the original sound but with a pastoral atmosphere, less complex but extremely beautiful.

"γ" (Gamma) works again as a dark and short introduction for "Falso 11 (False 11) which from the start marks a contrast, a very experimental and Jazzy track a sound which is enhanced by the sax section that reminds me of GATO BARBIERI, the song advances keeping the interest of the listener until it gets really weird by the end, but again completely interesting, sounds entering and leaving, blend of instruments and styles, if this is how Prog sounds today, I like it.

"Resbalar Sin Caer" (To Slip Without Falling): Here the band hits us with everything they have, full band, orchestral instruments, screams, choirs, everything you can imagine, I'm unable to describe it, you will have to listen it.

The album finishes with "ω (Viena Pop)" (Omega - Vienna Pop), a song that uses POP elements but in such a complex and elaborate way that if the name wouldn't had warned, nobody had guessed it, all the Pop elements are provided by the vocals, while the music gets more elaborate and Prog than ever, excellent drum work by Nicolás DÁlmonte.

Again I'm sorry if I wasn't able to make total justice to FACTOR BURZACO's debut, because I'm far from being an expert in this sub-genre, but if somebody like me, more oriented towards Symphonic and melodic Prog, dares to rate this excellent album with 5 stars, it's a sign that any fan of adventurous Prog must give them a chance.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#172551) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 29, 2008

Post a review of FACTOR BURZACO "Factor Burzaco"