THE MOVE

- Trevor Burton / guitars, bass, vocals
- Chris Ace Kefford / bass, vocals
- Bev Bevan / drums, vocals

LP: March 1968: Regal Zonophone

LP/ MC: With the title Flowers In The Rain exist a German edition for Star Power series (with diverse cover) (LP cat code 25 102-5 B and MC cat code 23 286-8 MB) in this version the label is Cube/ Intercord (but the years of this new issued is not specified. Is specified, however, that all the tracks are from 1968 except 3 and 6 that are from 1967)

CD: Remastered by Repertoire Records in 1998 with 16 bonus tracks noted with * in track listing.

Thanks to chicapah for the addition
and to mandrakeroot for the last updates

THE MOVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MOVE The Move Music

DVD$8.64
BBC SessionsBBC Sessions
Strange Fruit UK 1998
Audio CD$34.98 (used)
2 LIVE CREW Move Somethin' 12" Single LUKE SKYWALKER 1987 Radio US $9.95 Buy It Now 34m 7s
Powerman "Move Out" and Steelie & Clevie "Taranchyla" Shines Records Reggae US $1.99 [0 bids]
42m 26s
Justin Townes Earle Move Over Mama 7" Single Record Store Day Limited Edition US $9.99 [0 bids]
44m 12s
Poor Righteous Teachers Nobody Move Factory Sealed US $10.00 Buy It Now 45m 11s
Tom Jones Move Closer LP Record Album Vinyl Jive 1214-1-J US $1.00 [0 bids]
52m 23s
GRAND PUBA-check it out-MARY J BLIGE-stimulated dummies THAT'S HOW WE MOVE IT-EX US $5.78 [0 bids]
59m 28s
JANISJOPLIN 7" PS Japan MOVE OVER , SUMMERTIME s0011 US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Santana - Move On / Stormy- 7" 45 RPM US $5.99 [0 bids]
DONOVAN FRANKENREITER-MOVE BY YOURSELF-RARE ADVANCE PROMO ACETATE CD-2006-U.S. US $3.99 [0 bids]
Lonnie Johnson 45 RPM 1964 Don't ever love / You don't move me EX US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
JOE THOMAS Make Your Move SEALED TK Lester Radio LP US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
GEORGE THOROGOOD VINYL move it on over LP Rounder Records FREE US SHIPPING US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
L.S MOVEMENT BAND Move WHITE LABEL PROMO 12" near-Mint vinyl JT-13267 Boogie US $46.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
JEREMY & ZYDECO HOT - MOVE YOUR FEET YA'LL NEW CD US $10.04 Buy It Now 1h 41m
NAT ADDERLEY - ON THE MOVE NEW CD US $16.26 Buy It Now 1h 42m
BILLY T.K & POWERHOUSE ~ MOVE ON UP *RARE NZ MUSIC* US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
DE NOVO DAHL 'Move Every Muscle, Make Every Sound' 13 song cd 2007 US $2.95 [0 bids]
Carole King-It's Too Late+I Feel the Earth Move Orig Ode jukebox strip #70-66015 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Sly & Robbie Make 'Em Move 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK 12IS251 ISLAND US $17.84 Buy It Now 2h 19m
TECHNOTRONIC Ft YA KID K Move It To The Rhythm - 1995 USA Maxi CD 5 Mixes - RARE US $4.08 Buy It Now 2h 22m
SIRION - MOVE ON (IMPORT) NEW CD US $38.24 Buy It Now 2h 34m
The ONTARIOS 45 I'll Drink a Toast / I'm Gonna Move Doo Wop REPRO #BB1691 US $16.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
People Move On by Bernard Butler - New CD US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
HANOI ROCKS - TWO STEPS FROM THE MOVE LP EXCELLENT US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
CAPTAIN & TENNILLE Make Your Move Reel To Reel Tape Casablanca Tested US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Ed's Next Move by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-1996, Milan) US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
CULTURE CLUB: Move Away (rock & pop vinyl 12) US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 44m
THE MOVE Tonight My Marge 45 7" EXC ROY WOOD ELO 1972 US $8.88 Buy It Now 3h 59m
SISTAR [TOUCH & MOVE] 2nd Mini Album CD + PhotoCard + Poster K-POP Sealed US $26.99 Buy It Now 4h
The Diablos 45 "Jump Shake and Move/The Way You Dog Me Around FORTUNE Doo Wop US $13.75 [3 bids]
Rick Astley Free Move Right Out LONGBOX RARE! NO CD COMBINE S&H US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE MOVE "Brontosaurus / Lighting Strikes Twice" EX Aussie OZ 7" 45 Roy Wood ELO US $44.70 [0 bids]
THE MEXICANO - MOVE UP STARSKY - JAMAICAN CHILD - REGGAE - BLUE VINYL - 12" US $6.51 Buy It Now 4h 35m
DJ Taz - Move Your Rump, Chant 4 the Crowd - Priority 30205 US PROMO cd - RARE! US $19.98 Buy It Now 4h 54m
THE MOVE / ROY WOOD - STUNNING '1st ALBUM' 11oz COLLECTORS MUG LIMITED QUANTITY US $8.14 Buy It Now 4h 57m
ROLLING STONES - EP - YOU BETTER MOVE ON - 7" SINGLE - RSD 2014 - NEW US $6.04 [8 bids]
MARTIKA - I feel the earth move - 7" single US $4.55 Buy It Now 5h 18m
TINA BROOKS Minor Move BLUE NOTE KING GXF3072 Unissued Japan original LP 67 US $75.80 Buy It Now 5h 42m
THE MOVE Shazzam ORIG PRESS US 1970 UK PROG/PSYCH Lp ROY WOOD Wizzard ELO VINYL US $52.75 [0 bids]
Celine Dion Cassette 1992 Love Can Move Mountains, If I Were You, With This Tear US $5.00 [0 bids]
HAPPY HATE ME NOTS - Don't Move Too Far - Aust (Sydney) indie rock 7" 1986 US $8.94 Buy It Now 6h 32m
BERNARD BUTLER PEOPLE MOVE ON CD US $3.49 Buy It Now 6h 35m
EIFFEL 65 MOVE YOUR BODY C.D. NEW US $7.14 Buy It Now 7h
Margot Thomas sealed LP Move It US $6.49 Buy It Now 7h 6m
We Won't Move - Songs Of The Tenants' Movement-VARIOUS-(folk vinyl LP)-FOLKWAYS US $4.95 [0 bids]
REBIRTH BRASS BAND - MOVE YOUR BODY NEW CD US $21.76 Buy It Now 7h 14m
PHYLLIS NELSON Move Closer 1984 UK 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $11.40 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Hill Country Revue - Make A Move CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 7h 27m
SUBWARE Subware CD Flashback Little Genie Move Back Big Lick 10 trks MINT US $9.84 Buy It Now 7h 27m
BIG WESTERN MOVE THEMES / 1969 MUSIC FOR PLEASURE LP EX/EX GEOFF LOVE ORCHESTRA US $8.14 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Respect - Move On Up ! New cd. Spanish Soul US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Cedille On The Move - Cedille On The Move: High Ener [CD New] US $7.47 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Make Your Move, Dennis Rollins, Good US $2.27 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Donavon Frankenreiter - Move By Yourself (2006 CD US Surf Soft Rock Jack Johnson US $4.47 [0 bids]
12" the jamaica girls- on the move... NEW OLD STOCK / UNOPENED US $5.99 [0 bids]
8h
12" the move - greedy girls... NEW OLD STOCK / UNOPENED US $5.99 [0 bids]
8h
TEDDY THOMPSON UK 2006 CD Single EVERYBODY MOVE IT NearMINT US $5.69 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Cars - Move Like This Vinyl Record LP US $25.43 Buy It Now 8h 16m
SMITH, Lonnie - Move Your Hand - gatefold LP US $19.74 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Cars - Move Like This CD UMGD/CONCORD US $17.91 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Third Day - Move [CD New] US $10.66 Buy It Now 8h 29m
THE MOVE / ROY WOOD - SET OF 2 STUNNING 1960's SLEEVE DESIGN 11oz MUGS US $14.68 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Xpansions 95 - Move Your Body - music cd EP US $6.44 Buy It Now 8h 32m
CULTURE CLUB UK 1986 12" Single MOVE AWAY DiscNEW US $5.69 Buy It Now 8h 33m
Move & Motion - Freefall / Refunk. Music Vs Emotion 12" EP US $6.51 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Kumara - The Kumara EP (Part one). Move Over. DJ Ziad mixes. 12" Single US $5.69 Buy It Now 8h 35m
The Early Years by The Move (CD, Oct-2001, Griffin) US $3.00 [0 bids]
BILLY OCEAN time to move on HIP 132 uk jive 1993 LP PS EX/EX open shrinkwrap US $22.98 Buy It Now 8h 45m
DEL AMITRI move away jimmy blue AMX 555 ltd etched disc uk a&m 1990 12" PS EX/EX US $14.66 Buy It Now 8h 48m
MOVE - THE RHYTHM KINGDOM LP - THE DEFINITIVE COMPILATION - 13 TRK HIP HOP HOUSE US $9.79 Buy It Now 9h
CD KERRIANNE COX Just Wanna Move WA Indigenous Singer US $26.78 Buy It Now 9h
TOO HIGH TO MOVE CD. V/A PYRAMIDS OF MARS COMPILATION. EXCELLENT CONDITION US $11.34 Buy It Now 9h 11m
DESTINATION Move On Up Up Up Up b/w Destination's Theme STOCK 45 M-- US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 15m
THE ROLLING STONES - YOU BETTER MOVE ON 7" RSD 2014 US $11.39 Buy It Now 9h 29m
OUTKAST - THE WAY YOU MOVE 12 Inch Pictured Vinyl LP Record 2004 US $15.82 Buy It Now 9h 59m
(618I) Every Move A Picture, Signs Of Life - DJ CD US $5.63 Buy It Now 10h 9m
TRUE SOUL 45 "I Gotta Move With The Groove" by RIGHT TRACK US $95.00 [0 bids]
HARMONY GRASS - MOVE IN A LITTLE CLOSER BABY / 7INCH US $499.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
ILLSTYLE ROCKERS Presents The Breakin Rules EP One Breaker One Move dj Q-Unique US $17.98 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Move Along cd by All-American Rejects signed autographed by the band members US $199.00 Buy It Now 10h 20m
Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man / You Move Me 45 rpm 1987 US $2.00 Buy It Now 10h 29m
LOSTPROPHETS WAKE UP (MAKE A MOVE) (2004 CD SINGLE NEW US $8.14 Buy It Now 10h 32m
NANCY MARTINEZ "Move Out" 1987 FREESTYLE 12" VINYL SINGLE RECORD - EX US $2.99 [0 bids]
CONGO NATTY Lion Did Crown / Move Move ZION 7 rebel mc conquering lion US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Can't Get Jiggy with this Music, but it'll Move Your Mind... US $25.00 [0 bids]
Fashion Move On/Mutant Love w/PS 45 UK US $5.95 Buy It Now 10h 45m
THE GRASS ROOTS MOVE ALONG LP 564 US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
CHANTAYS : PIPELINE / MOVE IT. ORIGINAL UK LONDON. 1963. IN VG CONDITION. US $3.25 [0 bids]
The MOVE: California Man/Do Ya/Ella James - U.K. US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
PHYLLIS NELSON 7" VINYL MOVE CLOSER (NEW MIX EDIT) CARRERE CAR 337 1984 US $4.78 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Move Along by The All-American Rejects (CD, Jul-2005, Interscope (USA)) US $2.25 [0 bids]
11h
Move Every Muscle, Make Every Sound, De Novo Dahl, New US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Finest Hour / Make That Move / MINT SEALED LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Martika I Feel The Earth Move NM/Quiero Entregarte Mi Amor NM 1988 Pop 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
BERNARD BUTLER '98 people move on CRELP221 Suede 2 lp double blur oasis uk brit US $99.00 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Sash ft. Shannon - Move Mania (Mixes By George Morel & Lange) (CD Single) US $6.48 Buy It Now 11h 24m
BERLIN STATE OPERA ORCHESTRA Sym No4 E Mnr 3 Move 12" 78 DECCA CA8140 US $21.19 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Rolling Stones, You better move on, NEW/MINT Ltd edition 7" vinyl single RSD'14 US $16.29 Buy It Now 11h 31m
20 DYNAMIC HITS - DEEP PURPLE,SANTANA,MOVE,ARGENT etc. UK K-TEL.1972.EXCELLENT C US $3.25 [1 bids]
7" STATE OF MIND " MOVE / IF HE COMES BACK" 1960'S GARAGE ROCKER US $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 48m

More places to buy THE MOVE music online Buy THE MOVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MOVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MOVE The Move ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(21%)

THE MOVE The Move reviews

Review by Chicapah
2 stars In the cinematic classic "This is Spinal Tap" there's a segment during which the mock-documentary takes a look back at the group's simple beginnings by showing a clip of their appearance on a far-out, Shindig-like program, performing their first hit, "(Listen to the) Flower People." It's embarrassingly silly and horribly dated. In real life, however, that scenario hits uncomfortably close to home for The Move's debut LP. Somewhat like their U.S. counterparts, the nightclub act Paul Revere & the Raiders, the band was able to consistently scale the pop charts but no one took them very seriously. Roy, Carl, Trevor, Bev and "Ace" were just young, fledgling musicians playing in Birmingham dives when they got discovered by manager Tony Secunda. He goaded them to garner public visibility by pulling sensational stunts like smashing TV sets on stage with axes and slandering the prime minister with naughty photos. He also encouraged leader Roy Wood to write radio-friendly songs that sounded like what was "happening" on the Top 40. The problem with that tactic is that by the time you get the tune on the airwaves the trend you're aping is already on the way out so you end up following popular culture instead of leading it. Like bubblegum music, a catchy ditty would often get you into the higher echelons of the charts but few would remember the song a year later.

Recorded in late 1967 and released early the following year, this album has very little to do with anything vaguely related to progressive rock and is only listed on this site because of the band's later three studio projects. Its only usefulness is to demonstrate how far the group had to go to be able to make the excellent proto-prog music they ended up creating. So make no mistake, it's not very good and I wouldn't recommend that anyone except die-hard fans shell out their hard-earned moola for it. I bought it a long time ago, thinking their early stuff might be interesting. Wrong. "Then why review an album you don't like?" some may ask. My answer is that in the genre of progressive rock there are few recordings that don't have at least some redeeming qualities to elevate it above the mundane tastes of the rabble of society so most of my critiques tend to praise rather than bury. Therefore, when I get an opportunity to be sarcastic and poke good-natured fun at a band I truly adore I'm not about to let my chance go by. So consider yourself forewarned. This could get ugly.

"Yellow Rainbow," with its 60s apocalypse-loitering-right-around-the-corner message is trite and instantly forgettable. For some unknown reason they opted to start the album off with their bassist, Chris "Ace" Kefford, singing lead vocals (He would never be featured in that role again). I guess the fact that they had two capable lead singers in Carl Wayne and Roy Wood escaped them. One peculiar aspect of the tune is the fact that the background chorus sounds like it was recorded live in the plaza of Munchkin land using the native population. Either that or everyone at the mike was on amphetamines. "Kilroy Was Here" follows and it's a better song but we might as well be comparing dirt clods. Drummer Bev Bevan is firmly in his element on this tune because all he's asked to do is play bass drum and snare and avoid veering too far away from the tempo. "(Here We Go Round) The Lemon Tree" is next and it is bubblegum pop on a par with the artistic contributions of The Archies as far as profundity goes. The inclusion of a string quartet is its only saving grace but the classically- trained musicians involved must have left the studio wondering how their professional reputations had managed to sink to the deck of the Titanic.

In another democratic act of sharing the spotlight and handing the microphone around to every standing member, rhythm guitarist Trevor Burton gets to warble away on their cover of Eddie Cochran's "Weekend," a 50s rockabilly ditty that shows where Joan Jett got her melody ideas for "Bad Reputation." Yet given what we've slogged through so far, it's not half bad. And one should be thankful for that because "Walk Upon the Water" digresses back into Partridge Family territory with its nauseating campfire sing-along spirit and groovy lyrics. Ironically, the horribly off-key bugle blowing mindlessly at the end is the best part of the track. "Flowers in the Rain" was a #2 hit in England and it really makes one wonder what the Brits were stuffing in their pipes at that time because it is pitiful pop complete with cheesy storm sounds scattered throughout. This is the kind of empty fluff that caused punk rock to happen. Their surprisingly credible version of Moby Grape's "Hey Grandma" is an oasis in a desert of absurdity but the tune's less-than-tricky accents prove to be too much for the hit-drum-go- boom approach of Bev on his kit and his sloppy fills keep it from rising above passable. Bless his heart. Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees would've aced it.

The escalator only goes down from there to "Useless Information," a piss-poor social commentary song that makes me wonder if Roy had been listening to too many Donovan records in those days. Be afraid, be very afraid. Speaking of scary, the mike gets passed back to Mr. Bevan next for their nostalgic cover of The Coasters' "Zing! Went the Strings of my Heart" and, as undeveloped as his baritone voice is, it's still a step up from his percussion acumen. This doo-wop number would have been right at home on the great Frank Zappa's "Ruben & The Jets" song list but as such it would've been an obvious put-on. I get the feeling that these guys were serious. Strings as syrupy as the state of Vermont glut the corny "The Girl Outside," an undisguised rip off of Peter & Gordon schlock. Diabetics should avoid listening to it at all costs.

The alarming but fun "Fire Brigade" just may be the best tune on the album when taking its competition into consideration. It also reached #2 on the charts and is probably more deserving of that accomplishment than its predecessor. It at least has an interesting chord progression, a Duane Eddy twangy thang going on, a decent melody and possesses a scintilla of imagination. A harpsichord, the Titanic string quartet and the lack of anything drum-related make "Mist on a Monday Morning" a decent cut despite the quaint but overbearing English upper-class-chamber-in-the-days-of-yore atmosphere. Yet it's almost good and, at this juncture, I'll take it. The tiring journey ends with "Cherry Blossom Clinic" (not to be confused with the exciting extended version they recorded for the "Shazam" LP), an incredibly over-produced mess with a plethora of blaring, tinny brass guaranteed to induce multiple migraines. I'm sure they were trying to be hip and psychedelic in an "All You Need is Love" kinda way but they failed miserably.

Okay, so I might've been a little rough on my boys in my review. I meant no permanent harm and still hope we can have a beer together sometime. The Move is far from being the only band who released a debut album that requires one to suppress the gag reflex while listening to it but theirs is one for the ages. The good news is that they hung in there and got a lot better in a short amount of time. It's also true that several of the songs from their formative hit single days ("Night of Fear," "I Can Hear the Grass Grow" and their sole #1 "Blackberry Way" in particular) are keepers but didn't make it onto this LP. While I hope that many of you sample the later works of The Move and thereby reap the rewards that come with that adventure, my advice is that you start anywhere but here and explore this album only if you want to dig through this group's dirt. So why two stars? I only reserve the dreaded lone star designation for those bands/artists who should know better and should be ashamed of themselves for selling manure. These boys did the best they could with what they had. As JC said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#174966) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 23, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Moving west

Formed in Birmingham UK in 1968, the Move brought in members from other local bands including Mike Sheridan's Night Riders and Carl Wayne and the Vikings. Although Wayne was the lead singer, it was the multi-talented Roy Wood who shone brightest in the band. Wood quickly become the principal songwriter, penning the band's succession of UK chart hits (success in the US completely eluded the Move). Initially, the focus was on recording singles and touring to promote them, with songs such as "Night of fear and "I can hear the grass grow" raising their profile rapidly. While the band's initial influences were primarily from Motown soul, they quickly moved towards the American West with their sound (and ultimately ended up firmly back in Britain with the latter day Beatles). One of the Move's biggest claims to fame from this period is that their third single "Flowers in the rain" was the first song to be played on Radio 1, the BBC's tardy answer to pirate radio.

It took until 1968 for this the Move's first album to be released, around the same time as their "Something else" EP. The album consists primarily of Roy Wood songs, along with three cover versions. Two of these tracks, "Flowers in the rain" and "Fire brigade" were issued as singles, with a third intend single "Cherry blossom clinic" being aborted due to the controversial lyrical content.

As a whole, this album is largely a summary of the band's journey up to this point. It contains little of the proto prog which would appear on later albums, with virtually all the songs here having singles potential. The vocal strengths of the band are highlighted on songs such as "Yellow rainbow" where Wayne sings lead on the verses and Wood on the choruses. The lyrics of songs such as "Here we go round the lemon tree" highlight Wood's wonderful appetite for humour in his writing.

For some reason, "Walk upon the water" has always been a personal favourite. This slice of psychedelic pop has a rather sinister undercurrent in the lyrics, quite at odds with the jaunty melody. "The girl outside" is something of an odd man out, being an orthodox 60's ballad sung by Wayne alone. On the other hand, the Roy Wood sung "Fire brigade" with its sound effects and amusing lyrics sounded quite different at the time of its release, and stormed up the singles chart.

Of the three cover versions, "Weekend" is a straightforward cover of the Eddie Cochran rock and roll number, complete with sha-la-las and hand claps. Wood would return to that period a number of times over his career. "Hey grandma" is a Moby Grape song, emphasising the Move's west coast influences. The song actually sounds more like Simon and Garfunkel's "Keep the customer satisfied" than anything else. The final cover sees Bev Bevan unwisely attempting to offer a new take on the Coaster "Zing went the strings of my heart".

Overall, this is an album which is totally pop focused, and indeed was the only Move album to enjoy chart success. The quality of the music is however superb, with Roy Wood's abundant talent for song writing being exploited in the fine arrangements and accomplished playing. The apparent simplicity of the product to some extent disguises an underlying depth of talent. Listen to some of 10CCs album for example and the similarities become apparent.

The reissues of the album on CD include a plethora of bonus tracks. These are mainly alternative versions and mixes of tracks on the album, however the appearance of "Vote for me", the "lost" B-side" of "Cherry blossom clinic" is worth looking out for.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#187400) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 30, 2008

Review by UMUR
3 stars The Move is the self-titled full-length studio album by UK rock act The Move. I have a 2007, 2 disc version where disc 1 contains the original album plus some single only songs and disc 2 contains a stereo version of the album. The Move features among others Roy Wood and Bev Bevan who would later be members of Electric Light Orchestra.

I was listening to the album yesterday and my parents came to visit so I asked my father if he knew The Move ( I had never heard about the band before finding them on PA) and he said sure. He was even able to hum a few of the songs from this album and I bet itīs about 35 - 40 years since he heard those songs the last time. That must be some indication that the music on the album has a lasting quality but actually that was not my first impression or my last to be honest ( sorry Dad). The music is not very original and considering that the album was recorded in 1967 and released in 1968 I expected much more. The music on this album sounds more like it was released in 1964 or maybe 1965. Mostly uptempo beat rooted in rīnīb, strict vers/ chorus formulaic structures and a strong emphasis on vocals. The instrumental side of the music plays second fiddle to the vocals. The many harmony vocals on the album are actually quite impressive but this was not an unusual feature in those days. The songs donīt stand out much from each other but the doo wop song Zing! Went the Strings of my Heart, which is kind of silly, and the slightly interesting Mist on a Monday Morning were songs that I noticed.

The production allright but nothing special.

The Move isnīt the most exciting album from 1968 and it sounds like The Move came a few years too late with this release. Itīs not obnoxious or anything like that and a 2.5 - 3 star rating is not wrong IMO.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#269146) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 01, 2010

Post a review of THE MOVE "The Move"