DAVID LIVE

* Warren Peace - backing vocals

RCA - 1974
Rykodisc/EMI Reissue 1990
EMI/Virgin Reissue 2005

Thanks to micky for the addition

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE David Live Music

Best of David BowieBest of David Bowie
Parlophone 2006
Ziggy StardustZiggy Stardust
Hunky DoryHunky Dory
Parlophone 2008
Moulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's FilmMoulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film
Soundtrack
Interscope Records 2001
The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)
Columbia 2013
Labyrinth: From The Original Soundtrack Of The Jim Henson FilmLabyrinth: From The Original Soundtrack Of The Jim Henson Film
Soundtrack
David Bowie - Changes Two - RCA 1981 - NM beautiful vinyl!!! US $10.25 [0 bids]
38m 51s
David Bowie - Best Of 69 - 74 (NEW CD) US $19.08 Buy It Now 39m 12s
DAVID BOWIE - BEST OF BOWIE [UK] - NEW CD US $11.71 Buy It Now 42m 44s
DAVID BOWIE - beauty and the beast UK 45 & picture sleeve N/M US $8.99 Buy It Now 44m 2s
David Bowie LP Album - Let's Dance - EMI/America Records - 1982 US $8.00 [0 bids]
46m 6s
Rockabye Baby 'Lullaby Renditions Of David Bowie' LP Vinyl Sealed RSD US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 39s
DAVID BOWIE.....HUNKY DORY US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 2m
DAVID BOWIE-LOW-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
DAVID BOWIE LETS DANCE VG+ HEAR IT US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Special Edition David Bowie - heathen US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Heathen [Bonus Disc] [Limited] by David Bowie (CD, Nov-2002, 2 Discs,... US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 21m
DAVID BOWIE-TIN MACHINE-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
DAVID BOWIE - EARTHLING CD NEW PETER MURPHY IGGY POP TOM WAITS US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
David Bowie/Pat Metheny Group - FACTORY SAMPLE - This Is Not America - 12" Vinyl US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 27m
DAVID BOWIE Let's Dance 7" Vinyl Single 1983 US $15.26 Buy It Now 1h 30m
DAVID BOWIE let's dance 7" PS EX/EX uk emi america US $11.87 Buy It Now 1h 31m
DAVID BOWIE underground 7" PS EX/EX uk emi america US $11.87 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DAVID BOWIE Sound + Vision David Bowie Catalogue space oddity bombers Promo CD US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE under pressure 1981 EMI Portugal PS 7'' US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
DAVID BOWIE - Blue Jean / Dancing With The Big Boys - 1984 with PICTURE SLEEVE US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 41m
David Bowie - I Dig Everything 1966 Pye Singles EU CD Sealed US $3.39 Buy It Now 1h 45m
DAVID BOWIE/sound and vision/uk 45 & picture sleeve US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DAVID BOWIE Cat People (Putting Out Fire) 7" Vinyl Single 1982 MCA 770 US $15.26 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DAVID BOWIE/sorrow/uk 45 & picture sleeve US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
DAVID BOWIE "Station To Station" Vintage Stereo 8-Track Tape Cartridge! US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
DAVID BOWIE/beauty and the beast/uk 45 & picture sleeve US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
DAVID BOWIE LETS DANCE RECORD ALBUM GOOD CONDITION US $5.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE LOW AUTOGRAPHED RARE GERMAN VINYL LP! US $140.00 [14 bids]
DAVID BOWIE THE JEAN GENIE (7" VERSION) CLASSIC CUTS CD DJ PROMO GLAM ROCK COMPI US $5.09 Buy It Now 2h 12m
`Noir Paranoic` DAVID BOWIE Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.47 [0 bids]
White Lightnin' self titled 1975 funk rock LP w/Busta Jones of David Bowie band US $7.95 [1 bids]
David Bowie - Hunky Dory LP SF8244 4E/3E US $50.91 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Bowie,David - Best Of David Bowie [CD New] US $17.97 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DAVID BOWIE & MICK JAGGER - DANCING IN THE STREET 7" VINYL PS US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 26m
DAVID BOWIE - ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS 7" VINYL PS US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 26m
DAVID BOWIE - TIME WILL CRAWL 7" VINYL PS US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DAVID BOWIE - TVC 15 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DAVID BOWIE - UNDERGROUND 7" VINYL PS US $7.62 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DAVID BOWIE - WHEN THE WIND BLOWS 7" VINYL PS US $7.62 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DAVID BOWIE - DAY IN DAY OUT - 7" VINYL 1987 EMI AMERICA RECORDS US $5.92 Buy It Now 2h 32m
ALICE COOPER DAVID BOWIE Music Press Article Cutting/Clipping 1973 US $16.89 Buy It Now 2h 35m
DAVID BOWIE-TONIGHT-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
David Bowie 7" Vinyl - The Stars (Are Out Tonight) & Where Are We Now US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
David Bowie LABYRINTH ORIGINAL ARGENTINA 1986 VINYL LP Soundtrack SV-1 17206 A++ US $15.50 [6 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Earthling - 2x LP - numbered: GREEN + BLUE (mint) US $124.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
DAVID BOWIE: SCARY MONSTERS. RCA STEREO RECORDS, 1980 , COLLECTIBLE, NICE GIFT! US $24.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE LETS DANCE SLEM-1124 EMI RECORDS MEXICO PRESSING US $6.49 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Various Artists - We Were So Turned On: A Tribute to David Bowie [CD] - MANI025 US $18.38 Buy It Now 2h 51m
LP Album Young Americans David Bowie US $1.50 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE never let me down LP VG+ RL Ludwig Masterdisk & DMM Audiophile US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 55m
EX !! David Bowie/Don't Be Fooled By The Name/1981 PRT 10" Mini LP US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h
David Bowie Reality Green + Orange Vinyl NEW #ed 2014 SET UNPLAYED 2500 only! US $99.99 [0 bids]
3h
Changesbowie by David Bowie (CD, Mar-1990, Ryko Distribution) US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
David Bowie (1976 NM-) "Station To Station" Original RCA # APL1-1327 See Pics... US $22.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DAVID BOWIE A DAILY MIRROR SPECIAL. POP'S NEWEST SUPERSTAR. EARLY 70'S. 28 PAGES US $40.74 [9 bids]
3 LEAFLETS, DAVID BOWIE OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL FAN CLUB ITEMS, NEWSLETTER, ETC. US $14.43 [4 bids]
A 8" x 7" DAVID BOWIE ON CARD PHOTO, COMMEMERATE TOP U.S.A. AWARD. RCA. V/GOOD US $8.49 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE BOYS KEEP SWINGING / FANTASTIC VOYAGE rca / bow 2 EX US $11.03 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DAVID BOWIE HEATHEN ALBUM LAUNCH EVENT N.Y.C. 2002 LIMITED LAMINATE US $30.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE FAME/RIGHT NICE GERMAN COPY RCA PB-10320 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
VINYL LP David Bowie - Let's Dance EMI SO17093 US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
DAVID BOWIE-ALADDIN SANE-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
101 Seventies 70's Hits (5 CD Box Set) Queen, David Bowie etc (5 CD's) 70s Music US $10.20 [12 bids]
David Bowie RCA 1972 Ziggy Stardust Poster 29" x 16" US $50.92 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Rock NM! 45 DAVID BOWIE Knock On Wood on RCA Victor US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
DAVID BOWIE 3 CD's 1966 best of sampler SOUND + VISION press release limited US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
DAVID BOWIE-THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
DAVID BOWIE BE MY WIFE/SPEED OF LIFE AWESOME RARE DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE RCA US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
DAVID BOWIE - SPIDERS FROM MARS NEW DVD US $7.48 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Underworld soundtrack - David Bowie, Milla, Skinny Puppy, more - U.S. cd - RARE! US $11.23 Buy It Now 3h 35m
DAVID BOWIE CASSETTE TAPE - ALADDIN SANE - WITH PAPER LABELS US $11.87 Buy It Now 3h 40m
DAVID BOWIE CASSETTE TAPE - THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO DAVID BOWIE US $10.17 Buy It Now 3h 40m
DAVID BOWIE UK CASSETTE TAPE - LOW US $10.17 Buy It Now 3h 40m
DAVID BOWIE The Next Day SEALED 2LP 180g + CD inside US $25.31 Buy It Now 3h 41m
DAVID BOWIE. SERIOUS MOONLIGHT TOUR 1983. SATIN BACKSTAGE PASS. ORIGINAL US $8.47 [0 bids]
5 GREAT ITEMS DAVID BOWIE MEMORABILIA. PHOTO, NEWSLETTER, CARD, NO LIVE GIGS, ET US $33.93 [1 bids]
David Bowie modern Love/Live 12 Inch vinyl 1983 US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 46m
1 DAVID BOWIE FAN CLUB LETTER, + SOUVENIR PROGRAMME, MADISON SQUARE GARDEN 1974. US $37.34 [6 bids]
///////QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE//////UNDER PRESSURE//////// US $0.99 [0 bids]
12 DAVID BOWIE PAPER ITEMS, MOST FAN CLUB MEMORABILA. GREAT SEVENTIES ITEMS. US $62.81 [5 bids]
DAVID BOWIE john i'm only dancing 7" young americans sessions version b/w ziggy US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h 54m
DAVID BOWIE. ROCK N ROLL SUICIDE. 7" PICTURE DISC SINGLE. RARE. RSD 2014. NEW. US $35.44 [15 bids]
David Bowie the Next Day 2x LP + CD vinyl record sealed ziggy stardust glam US $34.95 Buy It Now 4h
DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust LP GERMAN 1983 1st Press D/LP STEREO RCA VICTOR US $1.68 [2 bids]

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE David Live ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(9%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

DAVID BOWIE David Live reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars IS DAVID REALLY ALIVE?

In those remote days, David was only concentrating on the UK and the US as far as live appearances were concerned (to the best of my knowledge).

This live album was the first opportunity for the continental European fans (as I was) to share the thrill of one of his concerts. And I have to say that I was never really over-enthusiast about this recording.

Track list IS impressive, but the rendition of most of these great numbers are average. Actually, the Bowie sound was just evolving from his great Ziggy years (I can't help to remind those ones.) and the upcoming soul times ("Young Americans). IMO, it was a painful change. From the best to the worse.

A few Ziggy's numbers here and there were not a great idea. In his following live album, David will group them one after the other, which was a far much clever idea. At least, I feel so.

Lots of wind instrument for this "Diamond Dogs" tour, but again it is just precursory of what is going to happen a few months later. Needless to say, David is not in his best shape either. Drugs have a tremendous impact both physically (he looked closer to the "Frankenstein" creature than anything else) and creatively. Listen to this version of "Changes" to get an idea.

None of the numbers are superior (nor even equaled) to their studio counterparts, mostly because of their afro-jazz influence.

To make a long story short, I would pinpoint "All The Young Dudes"; even if I far much prefer the version from "Mott The Hoople" on their fantastic live album. Still, it was the first opportunity to hear a live Bowie version which makes this one a potentially interesting moment.

I believe that a GREAT occasion has been missed with the release of this live album. Probably a tour too late to do so. But some might say, better late than never. I would say that this first live album is just average because of the whole soul influence and needless wind instruments . It could have led to a masterpiece, but of course we are far from this.

The bad habit of making some easy money with fan's addiction will lead to re-create the concert with the set list in the proper sequence in a later release. This is exactly what I just hate. Being Bowie or whoever it might be.

Average to good, this is how I would rate this album. And Earl Slick, nor Mike Garson won't help this crash. The worse being reached with an absolutely dreadful version of "The Jean Genie". Help!!!

Too many flat versions of great songs, too little passion, too much sax and related stuff (just listen to the disastrous first half of "The Width."). Where are the rocking days?

Same feeling as in 1975. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#174869) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 22, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I´ve got to admit that I like this album. More than in 1975, I should say. The CD version sounds a little brighter than my old vinyl copy. Still, it is quite below expectations for Bowie´s first ever live offering, especially if you consider the set list. Clearly, something is not right with most of the songs. And it´s hard to point where or what.

Actually the album starts very well, with a stunning, powerful, better-than-studio version of 1984. This track really soars and give me goose bumps everytime I hear it even today. Everything works on this song and it´s the album highlight for me. Moonage Daydream is also very good, but Rebel Rebel starts the letdown. This rocking tune should work perfectly live, but this rendition just pales if you think about the original one. And so it goes. Sweet Thing even drags on for over 8 minutes (even if is partially saved by Mike Garson elegant piano).

All the muscians involved are very good, but the band just does not seem to click. The backing vocals are fantastic, but they alone can´t save the show. Bowie was in a transition state, between his space age character and his new, thin white duke persona (soon to be presented to the world with his Young Americans LP that was released a few months after DL). So the song arrangements reflected that, because they show definitive schizofrenic playing. Not soul enough, not too rocking either.

This is not to say David Live is a bad record. Bowie´s talent as songwriter and perfomer was too big to give a less than a good performance. It was only disappointing when compared to his live shows before that, especially the ones he played along with his former sidekick Mick Ronson and the Spiders From Mars. The album has its moments, but could be a lot better ( and I mean, a LOT better). My rating keeps swinging somewhere between 2 and 3 stars. So a 2,5 star rating is more fitting.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#227676) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 20, 2009

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars I don't hate this quite as much as seemingly everybody else does (the rating at PA is a good deal higher than what I'd expect to see elsewhere), but that doesn't mean I find it very good. The quick and dirty summary that usually goes with this album is that this is the recording where Bowie decided to reinterpret his back catalogue as plastic soul numbers, but that doesn't quite nail it. I'd almost go so far as to say that if that really fully described this album, I could actually dig this; as is, this album has more fundamental problems than one would imagine just from reading the usual descriptions of it.

The first problem is that, while David and company certainly lean their performance in the direction of soul, they also make an attempt to have the performance qualify as arena rock, and the combination doesn't work well at all. There's a good chunk of electric guitar posturing, yes, but there's no real energy or power or anything along those lines that's required for decent arena rock. Look, I get that Bowie wanted to get away from his glam posturing of a couple of years previous, but I'd almost rather that he'd gone all out with his reinventions and completely ditched any rock presence whatsoever, somewhat like what he did on Young Americans (not that that's a great album, but it would be funny to hear the back catalogue sounding more like that than this). I mean, what's the point of hearing the guitar line of "Rebel Rebel" over and over again if it's going to be played in a lazy, boring manner? I'm not saying I'd want to hear more of the lazy saxophone wailing that Bowie seems to think is all you need to make something into soul, but if he'd spiced things up a bit, thrown some diversity and variety into the mix, and had basically taken more care in forming this concert (like, say, including more than one cover of an old soul song), he could have had his own Live at Budokan years before Dylan did it (and yes, I know most people don't like Dylan's reinventions there, but I think they're a crackup). Alas, pretty much everything gets pegged into the same halfhearted arena soul hole, and it's not a great time.

The second major fundamental problem is that Bowie's vocal performance is horrendous. His voice clearly starts to deteriorate less than a quarter into the show, and he becomes less and less able/willing hit the right notes with any significant power as time goes on. If ever somebody wanted to make a serious argument that Bowie is secretly a terrible singer, this concert would pretty much have to be exhibit 1a, wouldn't it? I'm not asking for exact duplication of studio performance, and I guess that Bowie thought that just getting roughly in the neighborhood of correct notes was what constituted "authentic" soul singing, but I don't think it would have been too much to ask for something better than what we got here.

As for the songs themselves, the upside is that most of the Diamond Dogs performances (and he ultimately does all of the material from that album except "Future Legend" and "We Are the Dead") are pretty good (aside from the travesty that is "Rebel Rebel" here), and "Time" ends up sounding right at home and goofily enjoyable as ever. Oh, and I guess "Space Oddity" sounds ok enough. On the downside, he massacres one previously good song after another from Man Who Sold the World through Aladdin Sane (as well as a so-corny-it's-almost-funny rendition of "All the Young Dudes"). What's funniest to me about these performances is that, especially because of the prominent saxophone wailings, these actually end up sounding a good deal like the pseudo-rock performances that crept up in Frank Zappa's final live tour, except Frank was more diverse and inventive in his rearrangements and constantly had tongue planted firmly in cheek. If you're going to have songs that are as heavily tied to great performance and clever arrangements as to solid melodies, then you have to have great performance and clever arrangements for them to work. Strip away those strengths and you're left with the muck that makes up this album.

Ultimately, I think there's more salvagable material here than many people might believe, but that's not saying much. If you absolutely have to get this, make sure you get the full remaster that restores the whole concert in order and has supposedly superior sound quality to the original (I'd hate to imagine how that would have sounded, as the sound here isn't exactly pristine), but you'd be better off just not getting it.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#295255) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 19, 2010

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "David Live"