OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ & JEREMY MICHAEL WARD

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward album cover

Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Sounder of Tame Swine (2:44)
2. A Tightrope Supports Our Festering (2:11)
3. Salvo (14:19)
4. Impoverished Beliefs (3:28)
5. Heathrow Waltz (2:07)
6. Swell the Ranks (3:45)
7. Gidi Prime (4:25)
8. Swiss Armor Tank (2:10)
9. Improvised Beliefs (5:17)
10. Host to Fairweather Friends (2:49)
11. Untitled (2:30)

Search OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward lyrics

Search OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward tabs

- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
- Jeremy Michael Ward

Infrasonic Sound INFRA004CD 2008

Thanks to nurserycryme89 for the addition
and to anael for the last updates

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Cizana De Los AmoresCizana De Los Amores
PID 2010
TychozorenteTychozorente
Indie Europe/Zoom 2010
XenophanesXenophanes
Rodriguez Lopez Productions 2009
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus [Vinyl]Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus [Vinyl]
Infrasonic 2008
Vinyl$19.93
Calibration (is Pushing Luck and Key Too Far)Calibration (is Pushing Luck and Key Too Far)
Content/Copy-Protected CD
N2O Entertainment 2008
Se Dice Bisonte No BuffaloSe Dice Bisonte No Buffalo
Gold Standard Labs 2007
Old MoneyOld Money
Stones Throw 2009

More places to buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ music online Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward ratings distribution

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward reviews

Review by The Rain Man
1 stars Every time I buy an Omar record I expect it to be weird and far out there. To me it comes with the territory. He and Cedric left At the Drive-in because they wanted to push the boundaries of music and become more progressive. Omar plays a key part in what makes the Mars Volta that weird, compelling, experimental rock band that challenges the listener in every way. So when unleashed on his own; you expect him to push the boundaries even further. Most of the Omar records I have had the pleasure of listening to, although showing that creative spark, are incredibly listenable and yet still hold the challenge that makes Mars Volta records so gripping. Well, that was until I heard this CD...

The album was recorded back in 2001 after the demise of At the Drive- in and before the birth of The Mars Volta. If I was to pigeon hole this album I would put it in the EDL category, which stands for 'Extremely Difficult Listening'. It is without doubt one of the worst CD's in my collection. To give you an idea of what it sounds like, think of the buzzing noises you get when trying to tune in a radio and the variation of sounds you get when you nearly pick up a channel. Now try listening to this sound pretty much continuously for 44 minutes. Well that is pretty much sums up this whole album. In the third track 'Salvo' in around the 13 minute mark it is like they finally found a station when the word 'Weapons' is heard followed by further murmurs before moving back to the irritating buzzing.

This album really is a test of strength. Anyone who has listened to this album more than 10 times (I'm on my third listen) I would really like to hear what they hear in the album that I'm missing. How this record was split into tracks and the reason behind track selection I think only Omar knows. If you're not looking at your CD player you wouldn't know the first track 'Sounder of Tame Swine' lasts 2 minutes and 43 seconds while the third track 'Salvo' lasts 14 minutes and 18 seconds. Then there is the task of trying to work out what the track names mean and how they relate to the tracks. It just seems impossible.

There are two tracks on the album which stand out head and shoulders above the rest; the fouth track 'Impoverished Beliefs' and similarly titled ninth track 'Improvised Beliefs'. These tracks showed signs of sanity within the record with a sign of tune until the noises come back and the awkward listening is apparent once again.

Overall this album shows that there are no boundaries to Omar's creativity and imagination. I hold up my hands to him for trying to push the limits with this record. As much as I don't like it, I can appreciate that Omar does like to push the boundaries of his music further and takes more of a risk in doing so. In turn it means that people may not understand what or why he made this album and then released it to a wider audience when it was originally just for family or friends. But at the same time if there is one person out there who does think it is a good record, maybe it was worthwhile releasing it. For me though it is a step too far and should be avoided and I would strongly recommend saving your ears for his more recent stuff.

Send comments to The Rain Man (BETA) | Report this review (#188236) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 07, 2008

3 stars This is a collaboration between Omar Rodriguez Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward.Both of which very important to birth and evolution of The Mars Volta.Omar of course the primary song writer and group director for the Volta and Jeremy who provided the ambient and soundscape effects for De-loused In Coma ... (read more)

Report this review (#245131) | Posted by mrcozdude | Sunday, October 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ "Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Jeremy Michael Ward"