SHROUDED DIVINE

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

In Mourning Shrouded Divine album cover

Buy IN MOURNING Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. The Shrouded Divine (7:11)
2. Amnesia (3:35)
3. In The Failing Hour (4:22)
4. By Others Considered (6:24)
5. Grind Denial (4:28)
6. The Art Of A Mourning Kind (5:29)
7. The Black Lodge (8:13)
8. Past October Skies (6:33)

Search IN MOURNING Shrouded Divine lyrics

Search IN MOURNING Shrouded Divine tabs

- Tobias Netzell / guitar,vocals
- Björn Pettersson / guitar
- Tim Nedergård / guitar
- Pierre Stam / bass
- Christian Netzell / drums

CD Aftermath Music (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

IN MOURNING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IN MOURNING Shrouded Divine Music

Shrouded DivineShrouded Divine
Ais 2008

More places to buy IN MOURNING music online Buy IN MOURNING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IN MOURNING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IN MOURNING Shrouded Divine ratings distribution

IN MOURNING Shrouded Divine reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Shrouded Divine is the debut album from Swedish metal band In Mourning. After having released no more than five demos between the years 2000 - 2006 In Mourning was finally signed to Aftermath Music and Shrouded Divine was given a release in early 2008. In Mourning has changed their style over the years from gothic inspired metal towards a more progressive approach. Personally I don´t find this music very progressive, but that´s a question of definition and since Shrouded Divine is here on Prog Archives I´m going to review it.

The music is very guitar heavy yet melodic. The vocals are mostly growling but there are a few ( and I mean a few) clean vocal parts which is nice for the diversity. One of the main influences is Opeth but I also think there is a definite Götenburg melodic death metal influence in the music. Bands like Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork has also meant something for the music on Shrouded Divine even though In Mourning doesn´t sound much like those two bands. Even though In Mourning is pretty heavy they vary the pace within the songs so that they never bore me. All songs are of an equally high quality.

The musicianship is good and tight which is a alfa omega for a band like In Mourning with their sharp and edgy riffing.

The production is a typical modern metal production with click track on the double bass drum. Note the distinct sounding lead guitar sound.

The cover art is a bit deceiving IMO as it reminds me of what a doom death band would choose as cover art. But the name In Mourning also sound like a doom death band so I guess the confusion is total.

This is not a progressive metal or a tech metal album in my opinion. It´s a classic melodic death metal album with few technical hints which is unmistakebly from Sweden. How it ended up here on Prog Archives is beyond me when I see what quality progressive and tech metal bands that have been rejected. Bands that IMO has much more relevance to prog heads than this album. Well the bitching aside this is a good metal album. I don´t find it extraordinaire or progressive in any way but it deserves 3 stars.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#179165) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 08, 2008

5 stars An Everlasting Piece Its 2010, I have been living with this album for two years now, and I still don't grow weary of it. Though this is not In Mourning's debut album per se, it is their first official release. But this comes out as a work of professionals. Even if this might not be consid ... (read more)

Report this review (#266404) | Posted by Robinanimate | Monday, February 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IN MOURNING "Shrouded Divine"