HINDSIGHT

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2008

1. Fragile Dreams (5:30)
2. Leave No Trace (4:52)
3. Inner Silence (3:40)
4. One Last Goodbye (6:03)
5. Are You There? (5:18)
6. Angelica (5:00)
7. A Natural Disaster (6:20)
8. Temporary Peace (5:10)
9. Flying (6:27)
10. Unchained (Tales Of The Unexpected) (4:18)

Search ANATHEMA Hindsight lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Hindsight tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / vocals, guitar, vocoder
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitar, vocals, keyboards
- Lee Douglas / vocals
- Les Smith / keyboards
- Jamie Cavanagh / bass
- John Douglas / drums

Kscope KSCOPE106P 2008 Snapper Music (promo version)

Thanks to grablesky for the addition

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Hindsight Music

Remastered · Special Edition
Peaceville UK 2008
UniversalUniversal
Kscope 2013
OPETH TANK TOP T-SHIRT ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE BLOODBATH KATATONIA TRISTANIA US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
OPETH - GHOST REVERIES COLOURED T-SHIRT ANATHEMA MY DYNG BRIDE TIAMAT KATATONIA US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
ANATHEMA GIRLIE SHIRT -MY DYING BRIDE SHAPE OF DESPAIR PARADISE LOST CANDLEMASS US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH ANATHEMA - LOGO US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
cd-album, Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit US $10.07 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Anathema - Pentecost 3 [CD New] US $11.46 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Anathema - Alternative (NEW CD) US $15.54 Buy It Now 10h 36m
GAZPACHO-Demon MARILLION, ANATHEMA, PENDRAGON, FROST, IQ, KATATONIA, RIVERSIDE US $6.99 [1 bids]
NEW UNIVERSAL - Anathema US $15.34 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Severed Head of State Anathema Device 12" US $15.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - ETERNITY NEW VINYL US $44.11 Buy It Now 1 day
LID - In the Mushroom first press digipak Peaceville Recs Anathema Trouble US $29.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Falling Deeper - Anathema New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.60 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.22 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.22 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSYEMS CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.22 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WERE HERE BECAUSE WERE HERE CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.22 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA JUDGEMENT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSTEMS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WERE HERE BECAUSE WERE HERE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA NATURAL DISASTER CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $148.03 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - UNTOUCHABLE NEW VINYL US $44.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Les Discrets-Ariettes Oubliées...1st PRESS BLACK VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver US $29.99 [0 bids]
CELESTIAL SEASON - Forever Scarlet Passion LP ORANGE ltd 100 anathema ulver US $26.66 [0 bids]
The Gathering "DISCLOSURE" NEW VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver my dying bride US $29.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA "ghost of the sun" promo anathema ulver the gathering opeth US $19.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - THE SILENT ENIGMA - BLACK VINYL - 2 LP record US $40.22 Buy It Now 1 day
New Rare Anathema We're Here Because We're Here Limited Edition CD DVDA 7" LP US $68.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Leafblade - The Kiss of Spirit and Flesh CD 2013 progressive Anathema KScope US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema Judgment Digipak my dying bride opeth katatonia US $10.00 [0 bids]
Anathema Serenades opeth katatonia my dying bride US $10.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Stories 3CD box set Rare anathema amorphous US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Venom Tribute Kreator Sodom Anathema paradise Lost Voivod Skyclad US $9.99 [0 bids]
IN GREY - Liyah (CD 2006) Swedish Doom Gothic Metal Rare OOP Anathema Autumn US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema Weather Systems cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST Draconian Times - 2CD LONG BOX 1995 - OOP Opeth Anathema Katatonia US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $16.74 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $148.03 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA Tour 2005 T-SHIRT "BRAND NEW" SHOP STOCK US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - ETERNITY - CDVILED64 US $14.01 Buy It Now 2 days
TRISTANIA-ILLUMINATION ORG 2007 MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $2.99 [0 bids]
Anathema-Serenades cd Anathema-Serenades + Extra Tracks US $14.99 [0 bids]
Anathema-Eternity cd Fierce Recordings Anathema Eternity cd Mayhem Records 1997 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Antimatter "Lights Out" RARE CD Anathema Goth Gothic Rock Metal Ambient Ambiant US $6.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LEGACY MAGAZINE W/CD EMPEROR Therion SINISTER Enslaved AETERNUS Anathema GERMANY US $6.99 [0 bids]
GOLGOTHA Way of Confussion (Confusion) 3" CD EP Orphanage Anathema Avulsed Death US $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Shadowdances - Burning Shadows 1st press rare paradise lost anathema doom US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA "THEY DIE / CRESTFALLEN" 7"EP. Cat.WIHU9205 LIMITED FIRST EDITION US $65.00 [0 bids]
THE FORESHADOWING Second World DIGIPAK KATATONIA ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - A VISION OF A DYING EMBRACE 2002 DVD PEACEVILLE Shipping is 7 usd US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - A MOMENT IN TIME 2006 METAL MIND DVD Shipping is 7 usd US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - A Natural Disaster (Music CD) US $17.16 Buy It Now 3 days
BEFORE THE RAIN Frail KATATONIA PARADISE LOST MORGION SATURNUS ANATHEMA US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
@MY DYING BRIDE 6 LPs anathema paradise lost evoken electric wizard katatonia@ US $429.99 [0 bids]
ALTERNATIVE 4 The Brink DIGIPAK ANATHEMA ANTIMATTER ION US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSTEMS SEALED CD NEW 2012 US $5.88 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL - KSCOPE266 US $22.31 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - HINDSIGHT NEW CD US $24.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Weather Systems - Anathema New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.36 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - A Natural Disaster 2xLP 1.PRESS My Dying Bride Thergothon Saint Vitus US $15.50 [9 bids]
4 TAPES LOT: ANATHEMA, PARADISE LOST, MORDOR US $9.99 [0 bids]
Void Of Silence ?- Criteria Ov 666 DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 3 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Eternity US $22.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Pentecost 3/Crestfallen [Digipak] [Remastered] US $22.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Alternative 4 [Digipak] [Remastered] US $22.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Resonance [Digipak] [Remastered] US $22.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Hindsight (Music CD) US $22.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Resonance 2 (Music CD) US $22.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Silent Enigma (Music CD) US $22.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Serenades [Remastered] US $22.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot 2 SEAR BLISS Phantoms Grand destiny SAMAEL PARADISE LOST AMORPHIS ANATHEMA US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - Original Album Classics (Music CD) US $25.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Original Album Classics (Music CD) US $25.52 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA**ETERNITY (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Silent Enigma The (Music CD) US $25.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here (Music CD) US $26.31 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA**WEATHER SYSTEMS**CD US $12.88 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA Pentecost III + The Crestfallen EP CD SEALED US $15.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema "Falling Deeper" CD **Free Shipping** US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema "Weather Systems" Digipak CD (Apr-2012 The End) **Free Shipping** US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema "We're Here Because We're Here" CD (Jun-2011 The End) **Free Shipping* US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema "Hindsight" CD (Kscope/Snapper Music, 2008) **Free Shipping** US $12.99 [0 bids]
Beardfish -The Void (LP) Death, Slayer, Opeth, Anathema, megadeth, Blackfield US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CYNIC - KINDLY BENT TO FREE US VINYL LP/150 gojira,opeth,anathema,porcupine tree US $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema-Eternity/2005 Peaceville/Icarus Records + 3 Bonus Tracks Digipak US $7.00 [0 bids]
Anathema - Eternity / Live in Krakow Vol. I (Agat Rec) Russian Pressing NM! US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III - BLACK VINYL - LP record 3 US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA - FALLING DEEPER - BLACK VINYL - LP record US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Weather Systems [Digipak] by Anathema (CD, Apr-2012, The End) US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Falling Deeper by Anathema (CD, Sep-2011, Kscope) US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Hindsight ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Hindsight reviews

Review by Prog Leviathan
4 stars An exceptionally flavorful addition to the band's catalogue which will positively overjoy fans of the group's fine delicate sound, and probably attract a few new fans who might be scared away by Anathema's Experimental/Post-Metal classification (realistically outdated at this point).

To sum up, Hindsight is a collection of the group's soft songs, as well as a few heavy ones arranged to an acoustic and toned down feel. The set list is well chosen, with highlights from their most recent 4 albums (or so), all of which are emotionally charged with melancholy and poignancy; the listener will almost certainly be captivated or moved throughout. Anathema has a reputation for being gloomy, and these songs certainly reflect that, but Cavanaugh's rich voice makes this an emotional trip worth taking. Many of the songs deal with the death of friends, oneself, lost hopes, etc., but a few rise from the gloom with uplifting lyrics or melodies sprinkled now and agin.

The band's atmopsheric playing only rarely stands out-- which is the sign of exceptional atmospheric playing in my book. The song's arrangements feature lush swells and sustains complementing Cavanaugh's vocals perfectly, the blend of the two becoming very easy to let drift into the background without becoming boring. Perfect for moody relaxation, reflection, or for getting your girlfriend to like your obscure rock music.

Fans of the band's albums will enjoy the song's new arrangements, but I feel like there was more room to experiement. Still, very enjoyable and highly recommended.

Songwriting: 4 Instrumental Performances: 3 Lyrics/Vocals: 5 Style/Emotion/Replay: 4

Send comments to Prog Leviathan (BETA) | Report this review (#192571) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars I've already rambled on somewhere about the pointlessness of the whole unplugged idea. An artist usually cares as much about the sound and the arrangement of songs, as about the actual melodies and riffs. Stripping the instrumentation down to a low-fi skeleton is a risky business that mostly reduces the original splendour to tedious campfire sentimentalism.

Anathema have a long tradition of unplugging their songs for special intimate live gig settings and their expertise in the matter shows. The result on Hindsight rarely equals the originals for me but the rearrangements are clever, tasteful and very textured. This is not just two guys strumming away with stiff fingers on acoustic guitars. Various instruments such as violin, piano, vibes and percussion makes the songs sound entirely different from the originals but recreate the mood of the originals perfectly. There are pleasant surprises throughout the journey. Are You There for instance has been given a quicker pace and works better then the original for me.

Overall, the sonic decomposition doesn't work for every track and the sameness of tone and mood ultimately drags down the album. After 5 years of radio silence I had expected a bit more.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#278999) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 22, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Hindsight' - Anathema (8/10)

Let's face it, when a band even mentions the possibility of an 'unplugged' album nowadays, it is almost instantly met with groans and jeers, as were it a bad joke. Truth be told, alot of the bands that do decide to give their tracks an acoustic do-over generally fail at getting their songs to go that extra mile, thinking their fans will be perfectly content to pay again for simplistic versions of music they are already familiar with. Every so often nevertheless, a band will take the idea of an acoustic album seriously, and really put the heart and added touches it needs to float as a work of its own. Such is the case of Anathema and their own 'unplugged' album 'Hindsight'; a series of acoustic renditions of some of their greatest songs. While some songs here feels as if they could have done with a bit more added onto them in this new version, there's no doubt for me that 'Hindsight' has inadvertently become one of my favourite Anathema albums, and in many ways a clear example of how an acoustic album is done right.

With classic tracks like 'One Last Goodbye', 'Fragile Dreams', 'Inner Silence', and 'Temporary Peace' gracing this release, the band seems to run through many of my favourite songs the band has done over their later, more mellow albums. As pieces of songwriting, these are all fantastic as they were on the original albums, but are often improved even further through the acoustic rendition. The changes can be fairly subtle (as with 'A Natural Disaster', which retains most of its original sound) to very noticeably different, like 'Are You There', which sheds its choral atmospherics from the original in favour for some beautifully warm guitar work. 'Inner Silence' also sees some great improvements through a more mellow run-through, including a beautiful added vocal section that makes the original sound lacking in my ears now. What robs this album of being truly essential is the fact that not all of the songs are so successful in being changed. While the music is fantastic throughout, 'Hindsight's success rests on it sounding different from existing versions, and a handful of tracks here do not necessarily change much.

While the emotional impact of Anathema's music has always been profound to me, 'Hindsight' features some of the warmest, most vulnerable and moving performances I have heard from this band ever. Without having to worry about any heaviness or needless atmospherics, they can focus on some of the most soulful instrumentation in their arsenal, and bring it to life. With the jaw-dropping success of many of these tracks however, I am left somewhat wishing that the few that don't necessarily excel could have been made to shine.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#413996) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 stars I think it is pretty obvious that Anathema is one of my favorite bands in my life. When I knew Anathema had released an album where they would remake some of their songs and make them acoustic, I was definitely eager to hear it. Every time I listen to Anathema I am surprised about the incredible ... (read more)

Report this review (#1035726) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Sunday, September 15, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Not a studio album as such, this album is a collection of some of Anathema's finest songs stripped down to their bare esseantials with mainly just a paino, accoustic guitars (with the odd bit of electric lead guitar thrown in to make it all the more atmospheric), vocals and the odd bit of added d ... (read more)

Report this review (#282088) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Saturday, May 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Anathema's Hindsight could be mislabeled as a quick "unplugged" album to suffice for the fact that their upcoming studio album is now over 4 years "in the works." However, this is not your typical unplugged outfit. It takes the best of the band's expansive catalog, and rearranges it to fit t ... (read more)

Report this review (#244876) | Posted by dtismajesty | Friday, October 16, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars For me Hindsight is the greatest compilation of Anathema. Includes the most emotional songs of Anathema in acoustic version and a new song what the band composed only for this boxset called Unchained. As Vincent says, they wanted only release an album with acoustic songs. There are also some e ... (read more)

Report this review (#232364) | Posted by Macubert | Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars With the release of this semi-acoustic compilation, Anathema proves once again that, beyond the technical criteria, music remains a vector for emotions and a universal language. Semi-acoustic indeed, since some pieces are embellished with electric guitar soli and percussions. This compilatio ... (read more)

Report this review (#185583) | Posted by Vincent Hulin | Tuesday, October 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Nothing to envy to Radiohead. This is the true meaning of the word 'atmospheric', meaning that you can listen to the album in any time of the day, any moment of your life and you will feel wrapped by it. In addition, Anathema was always analogous to Radiohead by the ability to inmerse the liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#178490) | Posted by synesthetize | Wednesday, July 30, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Hindsight"