HINDSIGHT

Boxset/Compilation, released in 2008

1. Fragile Dreams (5:30)
2. Leave No Trace (4:52)
3. Inner Silence (3:40)
4. One Last Goodbye (6:03)
5. Are You There? (5:18)
6. Angelica (5:00)
7. A Natural Disaster (6:20)
8. Temporary Peace (5:10)
9. Flying (6:27)
10. Unchained (Tales Of The Unexpected) (4:18)

Search ANATHEMA Hindsight lyrics

Search ANATHEMA Hindsight tabs

- Vincent Cavanagh / vocals, guitar, vocoder
- Daniel Cavanagh / guitar, vocals, keyboards
- Lee Douglas / vocals
- Les Smith / keyboards
- Jamie Cavanagh / bass
- John Douglas / drums

Kscope KSCOPE106P 2008 Snapper Music (promo version)

Thanks to grablesky for the addition

ANATHEMA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANATHEMA Hindsight Music

HindsightHindsight
Snapper Music Group 2008
ANATHEMA - THE SILENT ENIGMA - BLACK VINYL - 2 LP record US $40.22 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Leafblade - The Kiss of Spirit and Flesh CD 2013 progressive Anathema KScope US $16.95 Buy It Now 6h 19m
VENOM TRIBUTE-IN THE NAME OF SATAN,1994 PRESS WITH SODOM,KREATOR,VOIVOD,ANATHEMA US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
We're Here Because We're Here by Anathema (CD, 2009, Kscope) US $17.23 Buy It Now 7h 5m
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA**ALTERNATIVE 4**VINYL US $16.60 Buy It Now 12h 54m
ANATHEMA - DISTANT SATELLITES NEW CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 15h 18m
AMORPHIS Am universum G/F LP Green Vinyl 2013 anathema in flames opeth nightwish US $33.99 [0 bids]
AMORPHIS Am universum G/F LP 2013 anathema in flames opeth nightwish sentenced US $31.99 [0 bids]
AMORPHIS Tuonela G/F LP 2013 anathema my dying bride in flames opeth nightwish US $31.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA "THEY DIE / CRESTFALLEN" 7"EP. Cat.WIHU9205 LIMITED FIRST EDITION US $65.00 [0 bids]
Opeth - Orchid FIRST PRESS BLUE CD 1995!!! Katatonia, Alcest, Anathema, Agalloch US $18.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - THE SILENT ENIGMA - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.12 Buy It Now 17h 11m
ANATHEMA - RESONANCE 2, ORG 2002 UK ENHANCED DIGIPAK CD, NEW - SEALED! US $11.99 Buy It Now 20h 47m
~ ANATHEMA - WE'RE HERE BECAUSE WE'RE HERE ~ MUSIC CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 22h 17m
ANATHEMA. Albums collection.Part 2. 5 albums. Gloria label. NEW, sealed US $11.50 Buy It Now 22h 32m
EMBRACED - AMOROUS ANATHEMA - NEW!!!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Crestfallen by Anathema (Vinyl, Oct-2014, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $24.39 Buy It Now 23h 28m
ANATHEMA A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $141.30 Buy It Now 23h 51m
ANATHEMA - ETERNITY - CDVILED64 US $13.63 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Anathema - Pentecost 3 [Vinyl New] US $40.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Crestfallen - Anathema (2014, Vinyl New) US $25.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Crestfallen [Vinyl New] US $27.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Alternative 4/Digi - Anathema New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.20 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA -Resonance Cd,Import cd,Peaceville,Lacrimosa,Therium,Paradise Lost US $2.50 [0 bids]
Anathema-Serenades plus/New/Paradise Lost/My Dying Bride/Opeth/Candlemass/Isole US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST pin / Square Button DOOM Demo DEATH METAL anathema celtic frost US $1.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema-Resonance CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WE'RE HERE BECAUSE WE'RE HERE 2x LP HEAVY VINYL LIMITED NUMBERED SEALED US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema Original Album Classics 3 CD new Judgement Natural Disaster Fine Day US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SUBSTANCE FOR GOD Assembly of Flowers CD Mega Rare Doom Metal MDB Anathema 1993 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CELESTIAL SEASON - Forever Scarlet Passion LP - MINT - Doom Death Anathema US $15.70 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST 3 (180GM) NEW VINYL US $51.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Weather Systems [Digipak] by Anathema (CD, Apr-2012, The End) US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA -DISTANT SATELLITES-JAPAN CD F30 US $26.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA -DISTANT SATELLITES-JAPAN CD BLU-RAY AUDIO Ltd/Ed I98 zd US $41.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FORESHADOWING Second World DIGIPAK KATATONIA ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Eternity Vinyl Record LP US $37.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - Judgement CD - Near Mint US $10.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema- We`re Here Because We`re Here - KSCOPE145 US $17.30 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - DISTANT SATELLITES - KSCOPE302 US $17.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema-A NATURAL DISASTER CD NEW US $12.82 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - "PENECOST III + THE CRESTFALLEN EP" (RARE 2010 PEACEVILLE RECORDS!) US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TIAMAT Clouds era logo patch anathema my dying bride dark tranquility dawn US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALTERNATIVE 4 The Brink DIGIPAK ANATHEMA ANTIMATTER ION US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA WEATHER SYSTEMS SEALED CD NEW 2012 US $6.69 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA - A FINE DAY TO EXIT CD 2001 · MUSIC FOR NATIONS CDMFN260 · UK PRESSING US $1.00 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA - ALTERNATIVE 4 CD 1998 · PEACEVILLE RECORDS CDVILE 73 · UK PRESSING US $1.00 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III CD 1995 · FIERCE 11087-2 · US PRESSING US $1.00 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA - THE SILENT ENIGMA CD 1995 · PEACEVILLE RECORDS CDVILE 52 · UK PRESS US $2.00 [5 bids]
ANATHEMA - UNIVERSAL - KSCOPE266 US $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 1000, 1200, Tiesto, Morales US $9.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Weather Systems - Anathema New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.36 Buy It Now 2 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 2 days
LOUD MUSIC FOR PEOPLE/Entombed/OPETH/Godflesh/SUGARCOMA/Anathema/STABB/Inme/Cd's US $7.75 [0 bids]
Out There The Future of Prog Rock Asia Nektar Anathema Cave In IQ Blackfield US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA**ETERNITY (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Canaan Neronoia Monumentum Ras Algethi Anathema Cultus Sanguine Empyrium Alcest US $14.99 [0 bids]
Anathema Live in Plovdiv 2012 Loss Edition 7'' 50 COPIES LTD opeth agalloch lp US $49.99 [0 bids]
Anathema : Resonance (Enhanced) CD (2001) US $9.22 Buy It Now 2 days
LID - In The Mushroom +1 ['02] '97 DIGIPAK (TROUBLE & ANATHEMA) FACTORY SEALED US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema / The Silent Enigma JAPAN+1 My Dying Bride OOP!!! US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III - BLACK VINYL - LP record 3 US $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema The Silent Enigma LP vinyl record first edition 1995 US $25.00 [0 bids]
Falling Deeper by Anathema (CD, Sep-2011, Kscope) US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Judgement by Anathema (CD, Jul-2006, Music for Nations) US $8.55 [0 bids]
UKRAINE import ANATHEMA Weather Systems MOON rec. Ukrainian - UKR CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 2 days
UKRAINE import ANATHEMA Falling Deeper MOON rec. Ukrainian - UKR CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - UNTOUCHABLE, 2014 RECORD STORE DAY PICTURE DISC vinyl EP, SEALED! US $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - SERENADES - CDVILED34 US $13.57 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - SILENT ENIGMA - CDVILED52 US $13.24 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA - FALLING DEEPER - KSCOPE187 US $17.24 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA**UNTOUCHABLE**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - Untouchable [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 2 days
PAINFUL MEMORIES MEMORIAL TO SUFFERING ONLY CD PRESS! PARADISE LOST ANATHEMA US $2.99 [0 bids]
EVEMASTER MMIV LACRIMAE MUNDI DARK TRANQUILITY ANATHEMA GHOST DEATH MAYHEM DIE!! US $2.49 [0 bids]
Godsend ?- A Wayfarers' Tears digipak paradise lost anathema candlemass US $10.00 [0 bids]
Godsend ?- In The Electric Mist remembrance paradise lost anathema candlemass US $10.00 [0 bids]
Gathering, The - Disclosure digipak within temptation anathema ulver epica US $15.00 [0 bids]
Anathema-Pentecost 3 CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA: ETERNITY CD '96 1ST PRESS PARADISE LOST DECOMPOSED EVOKEN PENTGRAM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema HINDSIGHT CD UK 802644810621 Kscope new US $8.98 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST III (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Shadowdances - Burning Shadows 1st press rare paradise lost anathema doom US $15.00 [0 bids]
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $4.00 [0 bids]
Ulver - first decade in the machines rare promo ion in the woods anathema US $25.00 [0 bids]
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema : Eternity CD (1996) US $9.70 Buy It Now 3 days
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $24.99 [0 bids]
Alternative 4 - The Brink CD 2011 digi Anathema atmospheric rock US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Dawn Of Ashes - Anathema CD US $18.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Untouchable Vinyl Record LP US $37.69 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA - PENTECOST 3 - CDVILED51 US $13.24 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA A Fine Day To Exit DOUBLE LP 9 Track Double Vinyl Lp With Gatefold Slee US $37.67 Buy It Now 3 days
CELESTIAL SEASON EMBROIDED PATCH DOOM METAL PARADISE LOST ANATHEMA Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ANATHEMA music online Buy ANATHEMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANATHEMA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANATHEMA Hindsight ratings distribution

ANATHEMA Hindsight reviews

Review by Prog Leviathan
4 stars An exceptionally flavorful addition to the band's catalogue which will positively overjoy fans of the group's fine delicate sound, and probably attract a few new fans who might be scared away by Anathema's Experimental/Post-Metal classification (realistically outdated at this point).

To sum up, Hindsight is a collection of the group's soft songs, as well as a few heavy ones arranged to an acoustic and toned down feel. The set list is well chosen, with highlights from their most recent 4 albums (or so), all of which are emotionally charged with melancholy and poignancy; the listener will almost certainly be captivated or moved throughout. Anathema has a reputation for being gloomy, and these songs certainly reflect that, but Cavanaugh's rich voice makes this an emotional trip worth taking. Many of the songs deal with the death of friends, oneself, lost hopes, etc., but a few rise from the gloom with uplifting lyrics or melodies sprinkled now and agin.

The band's atmopsheric playing only rarely stands out-- which is the sign of exceptional atmospheric playing in my book. The song's arrangements feature lush swells and sustains complementing Cavanaugh's vocals perfectly, the blend of the two becoming very easy to let drift into the background without becoming boring. Perfect for moody relaxation, reflection, or for getting your girlfriend to like your obscure rock music.

Fans of the band's albums will enjoy the song's new arrangements, but I feel like there was more room to experiement. Still, very enjoyable and highly recommended.

Songwriting: 4 Instrumental Performances: 3 Lyrics/Vocals: 5 Style/Emotion/Replay: 4

Send comments to Prog Leviathan (BETA) | Report this review (#192571) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars I've already rambled on somewhere about the pointlessness of the whole unplugged idea. An artist usually cares as much about the sound and the arrangement of songs, as about the actual melodies and riffs. Stripping the instrumentation down to a low-fi skeleton is a risky business that mostly reduces the original splendour to tedious campfire sentimentalism.

Anathema have a long tradition of unplugging their songs for special intimate live gig settings and their expertise in the matter shows. The result on Hindsight rarely equals the originals for me but the rearrangements are clever, tasteful and very textured. This is not just two guys strumming away with stiff fingers on acoustic guitars. Various instruments such as violin, piano, vibes and percussion makes the songs sound entirely different from the originals but recreate the mood of the originals perfectly. There are pleasant surprises throughout the journey. Are You There for instance has been given a quicker pace and works better then the original for me.

Overall, the sonic decomposition doesn't work for every track and the sameness of tone and mood ultimately drags down the album. After 5 years of radio silence I had expected a bit more.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#278999) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 22, 2010

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Hindsight' - Anathema (8/10)

Let's face it, when a band even mentions the possibility of an 'unplugged' album nowadays, it is almost instantly met with groans and jeers, as were it a bad joke. Truth be told, alot of the bands that do decide to give their tracks an acoustic do-over generally fail at getting their songs to go that extra mile, thinking their fans will be perfectly content to pay again for simplistic versions of music they are already familiar with. Every so often nevertheless, a band will take the idea of an acoustic album seriously, and really put the heart and added touches it needs to float as a work of its own. Such is the case of Anathema and their own 'unplugged' album 'Hindsight'; a series of acoustic renditions of some of their greatest songs. While some songs here feels as if they could have done with a bit more added onto them in this new version, there's no doubt for me that 'Hindsight' has inadvertently become one of my favourite Anathema albums, and in many ways a clear example of how an acoustic album is done right.

With classic tracks like 'One Last Goodbye', 'Fragile Dreams', 'Inner Silence', and 'Temporary Peace' gracing this release, the band seems to run through many of my favourite songs the band has done over their later, more mellow albums. As pieces of songwriting, these are all fantastic as they were on the original albums, but are often improved even further through the acoustic rendition. The changes can be fairly subtle (as with 'A Natural Disaster', which retains most of its original sound) to very noticeably different, like 'Are You There', which sheds its choral atmospherics from the original in favour for some beautifully warm guitar work. 'Inner Silence' also sees some great improvements through a more mellow run-through, including a beautiful added vocal section that makes the original sound lacking in my ears now. What robs this album of being truly essential is the fact that not all of the songs are so successful in being changed. While the music is fantastic throughout, 'Hindsight's success rests on it sounding different from existing versions, and a handful of tracks here do not necessarily change much.

While the emotional impact of Anathema's music has always been profound to me, 'Hindsight' features some of the warmest, most vulnerable and moving performances I have heard from this band ever. Without having to worry about any heaviness or needless atmospherics, they can focus on some of the most soulful instrumentation in their arsenal, and bring it to life. With the jaw-dropping success of many of these tracks however, I am left somewhat wishing that the few that don't necessarily excel could have been made to shine.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#413996) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 stars I think it is pretty obvious that Anathema is one of my favorite bands in my life. When I knew Anathema had released an album where they would remake some of their songs and make them acoustic, I was definitely eager to hear it. Every time I listen to Anathema I am surprised about the incredible ... (read more)

Report this review (#1035726) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Sunday, September 15, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Not a studio album as such, this album is a collection of some of Anathema's finest songs stripped down to their bare esseantials with mainly just a paino, accoustic guitars (with the odd bit of electric lead guitar thrown in to make it all the more atmospheric), vocals and the odd bit of added d ... (read more)

Report this review (#282088) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Saturday, May 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Anathema's Hindsight could be mislabeled as a quick "unplugged" album to suffice for the fact that their upcoming studio album is now over 4 years "in the works." However, this is not your typical unplugged outfit. It takes the best of the band's expansive catalog, and rearranges it to fit t ... (read more)

Report this review (#244876) | Posted by dtismajesty | Friday, October 16, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars For me Hindsight is the greatest compilation of Anathema. Includes the most emotional songs of Anathema in acoustic version and a new song what the band composed only for this boxset called Unchained. As Vincent says, they wanted only release an album with acoustic songs. There are also some e ... (read more)

Report this review (#232364) | Posted by Macubert | Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars With the release of this semi-acoustic compilation, Anathema proves once again that, beyond the technical criteria, music remains a vector for emotions and a universal language. Semi-acoustic indeed, since some pieces are embellished with electric guitar soli and percussions. This compilatio ... (read more)

Report this review (#185583) | Posted by Vincent Hulin | Tuesday, October 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Nothing to envy to Radiohead. This is the true meaning of the word 'atmospheric', meaning that you can listen to the album in any time of the day, any moment of your life and you will feel wrapped by it. In addition, Anathema was always analogous to Radiohead by the ability to inmerse the liste ... (read more)

Report this review (#178490) | Posted by synesthetize | Wednesday, July 30, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANATHEMA "Hindsight"