STEPPIN' OUT

8 The Highlands 4:54

Total time 41:40

Search DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out lyrics

Search DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out tabs

Gary Barnacle Sax (Alto), Sax (Tenor)
Brad Cole Synthesizer, Keyboards
Leland Sklar Bass
Daryl Stuermer Bass, Guitar, Arranger, Drums,Keyboards
Mark Torroll Percussion, Drums

CD GRP GRD-9573
LP GRP GR-9573

DARYL STUERMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out Music

CD Baby 2001
RetrofitRetrofit
CD Baby 2012
DARYL STUERMER-STEPPIN OUT. NM CONDITION. PHIL COLLINS. US $10.92 [0 bids]
Steppin' Out by Daryl Stuermer (CD, Oct-1990, GRP (USA)) US $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out GENESIS related 12" VINYL Lp US $13.56 [0 bids]
TONY BANKS - STILL CD ** Vinnie Colaiuta Daryl Stuermer ** US $0.99 [0 bids]
DOUGLAS SPOTTED EAGLE CD PRAY MICHAEL MANRING DARYL STUERMER US $3.00 [0 bids]
DARYL STUERMER/(GENISIS)/steppin out/sealed 1988 lp US $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JEAN-LUC PONTY Enigmatic Ocean LP OOP late-70's jazz fusion Daryl Stuermer US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Daryl Stuermer ?Go CD 2007 US $19.94 Buy It Now 6 days
DARYL STUERMER - GO! [DARYL STUERMER] - NEW CD US $13.32 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS Three Sides Live ATLANTIC 2LP '82 OG EX Live Phil Collins Daryl Stuermer US $5.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Phil Collins Serious Hits... Live! CD 15 Songs Chester Thompson Daryl Stuermer US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Jean-Luc Ponty Enigmatic Ocean NM UK LP Allan Holdsworth Daryl Stuermer US $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DARYL STUERMER GO BRAND NEW SEALED CD GENESIS PHIL COLLINS FREE UK DELIVERY US $13.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Jean-Luc Ponty Civilized Evil CD *NEW '90 US Daryl Stuermer Mahavishnu Orchestra US $85.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DARYL STUERMER - GO (Promo CD) Genesis US $6.49 [0 bids]
Daryl Stuermer - Steppin' Out CD 1990 GRP US Genesis guitarist / bassist VG+Cond US $3.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Steppin' Out [LP] NM by Daryl Stuermer (Vinyl, Oct-1990, GRP Original Issue US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Daryl Stuermer (Genesis) - Steppin' Out CD GRP 1990 smooth guitar US $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Daryl Stuermer-Waiting in the Wings CD NEW US $14.57 Buy It Now 12 days
DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out CD New JAZZ 1998 US $13.50 Buy It Now 12 days
DARYL STUERMER steppin' out GENESIS related lp US $13.28 Buy It Now 12 days
Daryl Stuermer Steppin' Out vinyl LP 1988 GRP Records EX US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DARYL STUERMER - WAITING IN THE WINGS NEW CD US $19.03 Buy It Now 13 days
Waiting in the Wings by Daryl Stuermer (CD, Sep-2001, Urban Island Music) US $10.22 Buy It Now 13 days
Vinyl Record 12" LP - Daryl Stuermer - Steppin' Out - Promo Album US $3.25 Buy It Now 13 days
Daryl Stuermer - Waiting In The Wings [CD New] US $13.14 Buy It Now 13 days
DARYL STUERMER - ANOTHER SIDE OF GENESIS NEW CD US $26.78 Buy It Now 14 days
Another Side of Genesis by Daryl Stuermer (CD, Sep-2001, Urban Island Music) US $16.36 Buy It Now 14 days
MIKE RUTHERFORD Acting Very Strange ATLANTIC LP '82 OG Genesis Daryl Stuermer US $4.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Daryl Stuermer - Another Side Of Genesis [CD New] US $19.33 Buy It Now 14 days
Daryl Stuermer : Steppin Out CD (1990) US $3.98 Buy It Now 15 days
Daryl Stuermer - Live & Learn [CD New] US $13.10 Buy It Now 17 days
DARYL STUERMER - LIVE AND LEARN NEW CD US $19.03 Buy It Now 18 days
DARYL STUERMER - Another Side of Genesis (CD 2001, Urban Island) ***LIKE NEW** US $9.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Daryl Stuermer-Another Side of Genesis CD NEW US $19.86 Buy It Now 18 days
Daryl Stuermer Steppin Out GRP GR 9573 SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Live and Learn - Daryl Stuermer New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.48 Buy It Now 20 days
Daryl Stuermer : Live & Learn CD (1998) US $11.41 Buy It Now 21 days
Live & Learn by Daryl Stuermer (CD, Oct-1998, Urban/P'Dor) US $10.14 Buy It Now 22 days
Daryl Stuermer Live CD US $13.39 Buy It Now 22 days
DARYL STUERMER STEPPIN OUT 1989 JAPAN CD 3200yen VDJ 1ST PRESS US $29.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Daryl Stuermer : Steppin Out CD (1990) US $9.95 Buy It Now 24 days
DARYL STUERMER - REWIRED: THE ELECTRIC COLLECTION * - NEW CD US $34.26 Buy It Now 24 days
DARYL STUERMER steppin' out LP 8 track unopened in original info stickered shrin US $13.21 Buy It Now 25 days
DARYL STUERMER - RETROFIT NEW CD US $28.26 Buy It Now 26 days
DARYL STUERMER cd ANOTHER SIDE OF GENESIS phil collins US $15.00 Buy It Now 26 days
DARYL STUERMER - NYLON STRING SAMPLER NEW CD US $20.50 Buy It Now 26 days
Daryl Stuermer - Nylon String Sampler [CD New] US $14.38 Buy It Now 26 days
Daryl Stuermer - Retrofit [CD New] US $20.98 Buy It Now 26 days
paper advert article cutting clipping memorabilia live concert poster print US $16.22 Buy It Now 27 days
Steppin' Out by Daryl Stuermer (Cassette, Oct-1990, GRP (USA)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Daryl Stuermer LIVE AND LEARN CD ~ Exc. USED Cond. Feat. PHIL COLLINS US $9.90 Buy It Now 29 days
Daryl Stuermer The Nylon String Sampl CD US $12.22 Buy It Now 29 days
Steppin' Out by Daryl Stuermer (CD, Oct-1990, GRP (USA) free ship USA lower 48 US $8.25 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy DARYL STUERMER music online Buy DARYL STUERMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DARYL STUERMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out ratings distribution

DARYL STUERMER Steppin' Out reviews

Review by Chris S
4 stars Having already established himself under the tutelage of Jean-Luc Ponty in the 70's and following exstensive touring with Genesis, Daryl Stuermer released this debut album in 1988. The hints of JLP and his guitar style from Genesis tours are curiously apparent in that there are subtle nuances all over the album but at the same time not so easy to shake a stick at ( if you get my drift). The Jazz/Fusion side is the most dominant characteristic on Steppin' Out which makes for an excellent release.

The album kicks off with 'Kyoto Rose', unusual timings but after repeated listens becomes quite addictive to the ears. His version of the Phil Collin's song ' I Don't Wanna Know' is next and he does a great job as an instrumental version. The next three songs are probablty the most progressive sounding on Steppin' Out, wonderfully structured, uneven tempos and dare I say it unpredictable yet all great tracks marking the highlight to this album. ' Anthem', ' Venturing Out' and the brilliance of ' Electric City'. You need to listen to this to fully appreciated his guitar skills.

' The Highlander' closes Steppin Out with distinctive Scottish flavours and brings the album to a frenzied fusion like climax. If you are familiar with Daryl Stuermer due to Jean-Luc Ponty or even Genesis but have not heard his solo work then start with this album, in many respects his best. Not necessarily from a technical viewpoint but more from an atmospherical angle. A worthy four stars!

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#179159) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 08, 2008

Review by Guillermo
4 stars In 1991 I bought the "The Mama Tour" concert video from Genesis in the VHS format, and I watched it with a friend who at that time was listening to a lot of music similar to the one which Duran Duran and other similar bands were playing then (and apart from one song, called "Ordinary World" from Duran Duran, I really never liked all these bands that he listened to at that time). I realized that he really didn`t like that Genesis`concert video (he never was a fan of Genesis, but he liked Rush a lot), but he commented about the two tour musicians (Daryl Stuermer and Chester Thompson) who appear with Genesis in that video (and also in others too): "Why these two very good musicians are happy only being session musicians? Are they not frustrated to be only session musicians for bands like Genesis?" Well. I commented to him that I didn`t think so, because I knew that at least Stuermer at that time had released a solo album (this "Steppin` Out" album; Thompson released a solo album later in the nineties, I think, titled "A Joyful Noise", which is also a very hard to find CD in the record shops and it is not yet included in the Prog Archives`s database). At that time I never saw a copy of this "Steppin` Out" album in the record shops of my city, but I knew about it thanks to see it in the record listings of the Schwann Record Catalogues. It was released in late 1988. It was until 1994 when I saw a CD of it in a record shop, but I didn`t buy it then because I saw a copy of Rick Wright`s "Wet Dream" album on CD and that album was also very rare. So, I bought Wright`s CD then as I only had money to buy only one CD. Some days later I went to the same record shop to buy Stuermer`s album,. but I couldn`t find it anymore. So, it was until this year that I found it available for listening in youtube that I fiinally listened to it.

I read in one website the liner notes from this CD, written by Phil Collins, introducing Stuermer`s music and his first solo CD with a lot of jokes. Anyway, Stuermer is supported in this album by two other very good session musicians who like Stuermer and Thompson also played in Collins`s touring band several times (Leland Sklar and Brad Cole). The sound of this album in production is very typical of the eighties, particularly in the sound of the drums and the keyboards, and with the use of a drum machine in some tracks. The predominant musical style of this album is in the Jazz- Rock Fusion style but also it has some commercial Jazz and even some Pop Rock influences in some arrangements. For my taste, the songs which are the best and are the most influenced by the Jazz-Rock Fusion style are "Venturing Ou" (the best of all), "Electric City", "Night Flyer" and "20th Century Lady". Don`t expect very complicated time signatures, as the rhythms and the drums playing are really very conventional, very accessible. But as expected, the main instruments are the guitars, of course. Stuermer is a very good guitarist and all the songs of the album are instrumental and full of melodies and very good guitar solos, plus also very good rhythm guitars, all played with different sound textures. So, I think that with this album Stuermer had his first chance to show how good he is as a composer and as a soloist (there is also one song , called "Only You Know and I Know", co-written with Collins and also released in one of Collins `s solo albums, but played in this album as an instrumental and with a different arrangement).The recording and mixing are very good, very clear, but maybe very eighties in sound, as I commented above. Stuermer has a very long and respected career as guitarist, and the members of Genesis have commented that he and Thompson became very important to the live sound of the band during the years they played with them on tours. They also commented that Stuermer helped a lot to remember how a song was played in the past. This is a very good solo album and the only solo album from him that I have listened to until now.Unfortunately , I think that it is now out of print.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1039670) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 19, 2013

Post a review of DARYL STUERMER "Steppin' Out"