MERCY FALLS

Seventh Wonder

Seventh Wonder Mercy Falls album cover

Buy SEVENTH WONDER Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. A New Beginning (3:05)
2. There And Back (Overture) (3:02)
3. Welcome To Mercy Falls (5:11)
4. Unbreakable (7:18)
5. Tears For A Father (1:58)
6. A Day Away (3:43)
7. Tears For A Son (1:43)
8. Paradise (5:44)
9. Fall In Line (6:09)
10. Break The Silence (9:29)
11. Hide And Seek (7:46)
12. Destiny Calls (6:17)
13. One Last Goodbye (4:21)
14. Back In Time (1:14)
15. The Black Parade (6:57)

Search SEVENTH WONDER Mercy Falls lyrics

Search SEVENTH WONDER Mercy Falls tabs

- Tommy Karevik / vocals
- Johan Liefvendahl / guitars
- Andreas Söderin / keyboards
- Andreas Blomqvist / bass
- Johnny Sandin / drums

CD Lion Music (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

SEVENTH WONDER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SEVENTH WONDER Mercy Falls Music

Waiting in the WingsWaiting in the Wings
Lion Music Finland 2006
BecomeBecome
Lion Music Finland 2005
ain't nothing gonna break us up 45 rpm singleain't nothing gonna break us up 45 rpm single
ABET
Vinyl$12.00 (used)
45 RECORD SEVENTH WONDER - I ENJOY YA B/W MISSIN' OUT CC 3207 US $9.48 Buy It Now 2h 54m
SEVENTH WONDER - BECOME [SEVENTH WONDER] - NEW CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Seventh Wonder - For The Good Times ORIG ABET USA 7" US $8.00 Buy It Now 15h 15m
SEVENTH WONDER BECOME ADVANCED SEALED PROMO CD 2005 RARE LION MUSIC RECORDS US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Seventh Wonder Abet 9454 For The Good Times Part 1 Part 2 45rpm US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Seventh Wonder - Words Don't Say Enough [CD New] US $36.12 Buy It Now 1 day
SEVENTH WONDER 7" 45RPM AIN 'T NOTHING GONNA BREAK US UP R&B SOUL FUNK ABET 7TH US $7.97 Buy It Now 2 days
SEVENTH WONDER FOR THE GOOD TIME PART 1 & 2 45 ABET US $3.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DEPARTURE Hitch A Ride + 1 JAPAN CD Journey Survivor Message Seventh Wonder US $24.50 Buy It Now 4 days
SEVENTH WONDER~AIN'T NOTHING GONNA BREAK US UP~NEAR MINT~ABET~~NORTHERN SOUL 45 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
seventh wonder 7inch US $5.61 [0 bids]
KACI Paradise CD 4 Track Metro Radio Edit Enhanced Disc B/w Seventh Wonder Of Th US $8.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Seventh Wonder - Great Escape CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 6 days
Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape (NEW CD) US $19.62 Buy It Now 6 days
Seventh Wonder: For the Good Times / part 2 [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 8 days
SEVENTH WONDER-THE GREAT ESCAPE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $26.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Seventh Wonder Chocolate City DJ 3207 I Enjoy Ya US $4.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Seventh Wonder 45 Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up, Let's Stop Kidding Promo Abet US $11.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Seventh Wonder NM soul promo 45 rpm "For The Good Times" US $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Seventh Wonder 45 LIVING MY LIFE JUST FOR YOU / SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL ` VG++ US $14.04 Buy It Now 10 days
Seventh Wonder 45 FOR THE GOOD TIMES / part 2 ` VG++ US $2.34 Buy It Now 10 days
Seventh Wonder 45 MY LOVE AIN'T NEVER BEEN THIS WAY / WE ARE SO IN LOVE ` VG++ US $7.79 Buy It Now 10 days
SEVENTH WONDER - For The Good Times (Parts I & II) (Promo) US $8.00 Buy It Now 11 days
NM SOUL 45 SEVENTH WONDER - MISSING OUT / I ENJOY YA - CHOCOLATE CITY CC 3207 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SEVENTH WONDER - THE GREAT ESCAPE [SEVENTH WONDER] - NEW CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 11 days
SEVENTH WONDER Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up (ABET), sweet soul US $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SEVENTH WONDER "FOR THE GOOD TIMES / PART 2" 45 NEAR MINT US $5.75 Buy It Now 12 days
Seventh Wonder Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up / Let's Stop Kidding Vinyl 45 US $2.49 Buy It Now 12 days
SEVENTH WONDER: Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up / Let's Stop Kidding Ourselves US $10.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Seventh Wonder: For The Good Times Part I / Part II 45 - Soul US $4.00 Buy It Now 13 days
SEVENTH WONDER: I Enjoy Ya / Missin' Out (soul vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 14 days
SEVENTH WONDER: Let's Stop Kidding / Ain't Nothing Gonna Break ABET SOUL 9456 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SEVENTH WONDER - WAITING IN THE WINGS - LMC185CD US $18.98 Buy It Now 15 days
SEVENTH WONDER - THE GREAT ESCAPE - LMC295CD US $16.77 Buy It Now 15 days
SEVENTH WONDER 45 For The Good Times - NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 16 days
SEVENTH WONDER Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up 45 VG++ US 1974 orig Abet 9456 US $14.98 Buy It Now 16 days
James Brown Seventh Wonder (New CD) US $5.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Seventh Wonder 45 I ENJOY YA mono / stereo ~ VG+ soul US $2.73 Buy It Now 17 days
Seventh Wonder- Become, Waiting In The Wings, Mercy Falls, The Great Escape, 4CD US $72.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Seventh Wonder Abet 45 Record #9454 VG For The Good Times Part I US $4.00 Buy It Now 19 days
SEVENTH WONDER - FOR THE GOOD TIMES - 45 NORTHERN SOUL US $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
SEVENTH WONDER-THE GREAT ESCAPE CD NEW US $18.08 Buy It Now 21 days
Seventh Wonder 45 "For The Good Times" US $2.49 Buy It Now 21 days
SEVENTH WONDER I Enjoy Ya b/w Missin Out STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
SEVENTH WONDER - MERCY FALLS NEW CD US $25.27 Buy It Now 23 days
SOUL 45 RPM - SEVENTH WONDER - ABET 9454 - "FOR THE GOOD TIMES" Parts I/II US $7.50 Buy It Now 23 days
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 23 days
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls CD US $22.23 Buy It Now 24 days
James Brown - Seventh Wonder - New Live RReMark 10 Song Soul CD! US $2.99 Buy It Now 24 days
SEVENTH WONDER - WAITING IN THE WINGS * - NEW CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 24 days
SEVENTH WONDER AIN'T NOTHIN GONNA BREAK US UP 45 SOUL US $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
JAMES BROWN - Seventh Wonder CD (the Detroit session) US $3.00 Buy It Now 25 days
SWEET SOUL - Seventh Wonder - Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up 7" - Abet US $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
SEVENTH WONDER Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up 1974 soul r&b group harmony 7" NM US $6.95 Buy It Now 26 days
Seventh Wonder *Ain't Nothing Gonna Break Us Up* US Promo 1974- EX Hear Record US $8.02 Buy It Now 27 days
SEVENTH WONDER - THE GREAT ESCAPE - SEALED IMPORT CD NEW 2010 US $12.99 Buy It Now 27 days
The Great Escape by Seventh Wonder (CD, Dec-2010, Lion (Finland)) US $14.52 Buy It Now 28 days
SEVENTH WONDER - GREAT ESCAPE NEW CD US $27.43 Buy It Now 28 days
Sweet soul 45 - Seventh Wonder - Ain't nothing gonna break us up - Mint- US $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Seventh Wonder - Great Escape [CD New] US $17.45 Buy It Now 28 days
SEVENTH WONDER 45 promo AIN'T NOTHING GONNA BREAK US UP US $12.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SEVENTH WONDER music online Buy SEVENTH WONDER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SEVENTH WONDER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SEVENTH WONDER Mercy Falls ratings distribution

SEVENTH WONDER Mercy Falls reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Third album of this swedish prog metal band so far from 2008 entitled Mercy falls. Another well example how must sound these days prog metal with a touch of hard rock and even opposite - power metal in places. While I prefer the previous album better than this one, Mercy falls capture the auditorium with excelent musicianship and tight arangements. The music is nothing grounbreaking or never heared befor, but is full of shining moments in prog metal The voice of Tommy Karevik is brilliant and shows how talented is this guy, super voice , fits like a glove in this kind of music. Another musician that impressed me much is the keyboard player Andreas Söderin, great solos and brilliant arrangements through out all album. This is a concept album, I don't get it really what's all about, but I think is about a car accident and all the stories that gone from this event. I didn't get it the concept maybe because , the album is a little too long and I've lost the core after middle of the album, if there were 15-20 min shorter than were ok. Anyway a strong album full of catchy interplays between keys and guitar, marvelous vocal parts, far from being a bad album, maybe at same level with the predecesor, but less convinceing. I will give 3.5 rounded up to 4 , from entire 15 pieces, 4 or 5 are mindblowing, showing that Seventh Wonder is a real power in prog metal world, desearving a better view and a place in top of the bands from today. I also was a little surprise that is no review so far, besides mine, only 8 ratings, but is ok because are quite high, a rate that they will desearve all the way.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#207537) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Review by lucas
4 stars This is a very nice discovery. In those times when prog metal acts grow in number at the speed of light, a band whose abilities to combine technicality with great vocal harmonies and killer melodies as in the early days of prog metal is a great welcome. Imagine Dream Theater at the time of their acclaimed 'Images and Words' crossed with the likes of Europe around 'final countdown'and you are not far from the picture one could draw from the music this band plays. Seventh Wonder don't venture in the most complex fields of progressive rock, instead they prefer to concentrate on catchy and easy-to-remember melodies where majestic choruses are interspersed with tasty layers of guitar and keyboards. The drums were mixed to sound as on 'Images and Words' and the overall mood of this album is very close to this milestone of prog metal, albeit the melodic factor is more highlighted. 'Mercy Falls' is a concept-album which, despite its length (74 mn), keeps the listener interested from beginning to end thanks to the quality of all its compositions. It's organic and dynamic music that stands out for its brilliant melodies and should not be overlooked neither by die-hard prog metal fans nor music lovers in general. Fans of Shadow Gallery, Queensryche, Dream Theater or more straightforward bands like Europe or Savatage should really dig this record. It is on a par with other concept-albums like Queensr˙che's 'Operation Mindcrime' or Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and will transport you to a world of magic and brightness.

Send comments to lucas (BETA) | Report this review (#219582) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 02, 2009

3 stars SEVENTH WONDER are a band that gets lots of praise all over the "Net" but they're a band that I just fail to appreciate. This Swedish band has plenty of chops but i'm not a fan of the harmonies and the prominant keyboards.This is a concept album at 74 minutes which doesn't help either.

It's about this man who is told by his wife that the child she's carrying isn't his, prompting him to get into a car accident resulting in him being in a coma. The highlight of this album for me is the bass playing which is very upfront. Some excellent guitar as well but the keyboards take more of the spotlight. Not a fan of the ballads either.

I do think this is their best album so far and i'm starting to understand why this band gets such acclaim. This just isn't my favourite style of Prog-Metal.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#242557) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 02, 2009

Review by VanVanVan
4 stars I really didn't know anything about this band, but someone on the forums wrote of them quite highly, and fortunately this album was on Spotify. I'm not usually a huge fan of power metal, and to be sure, there's a lot of that sound here, but something about this album sucked me in, to the point where I listened to it two or three times a day for the week after I learned about it. To put that in perspective, there are a lot of albums that I don't listen to more than 2 or 3 times a month, and those are albums I really like.

Lyrically, "Mercy Falls" is a concept album, and while I generally don't pay too much attention to "stories" of the albums I'm listening to, this one pulled me in. More importantly, however, is the consistent quality of the music. There are some occasional missteps (oft- used voice clips begin to sound out of place after a while), but on the whole this is a very solid album.

The sound of a car crash begins the album before "A New Beginning" introduces some cinematic synths. The whole track has a very introductory kind of feel that sets up a lot of different themes in varying degrees of heaviness, all the while accompanied by soundclips that help to set up the plot, with ambulance noises and speech clips from the "characters" in the story. It's a bit cheesy, certainly, but it's an effective setup, and the incidental music that accompanies the speech is surprisingly good.

"There and Back" is titled as the overture proper, and it begins on a bit more of an energetic note than the more atmospheric opener. A great combination of guitar and synth set a great, symphonic mood, with plenty of the epic hooks that are so pervasive in the power-metal genre. A very effective introduction to the musical feel of the album and a great lead into the first song proper, entitled "Welcome to Mercy Falls." Pounding guitar riffs and a piano line open the track before vocals come in. As with most music in this genre, the vocals are very technically impressive and emotive, with plenty of awesome harmonies and soaring melodies. Though it's not structurally that complex, with a pretty standard verse-chorus- bridge structure, the playing is very impressive, with a guitar/synth solo duel towards the end of the song that awesomely resolves into a single melodic line.

"Unbreakable" comes next, starting off with a great synth solo over solid riffing. The vocal line here is a little more restrained than in "Welcome?" though it's still plenty bombastic. "Unbreakable" definitely has a more proggy feel than just standard power metal, though it does still feature a fairly hook-laden chorus. However, there's a ton of instrumental interplay as well, not to mention a decidedly softer interlude section that features beautiful piano under soaring vocals. The instrumental section that follows has a decidedly cinematic feel, and there's one more brief vocal moment before a guitar solo closes out the track.

"Tears for a Father" is a decidedly softer number, featuring only vocals and acoustic guitar. Despite having some rather corny lyrics, it also manages to be a fairly heartfelt piece that fits in well with the story the album is telling. It's a very short song as well, giving way to "A Day Away" after less than two minutes. This next track I think falls pretty squarely into the power- metal camp, and it has a decidedly hopeful feel that's a nice contrast to the bleakness of much of the album. "Tears for a Son" completes the trifecta of short songs here, featuring another speech clip before another stripped back vocal section, this time featuring keyboards instead of guitar. The lyrics here are similar to "Tears for a Father," managing to convey a lot of genuine emotion despite a bit of cheesiness.

There's a short burst of static before "Paradise" begins. This is one of my favorite tracks on the album, starting with an instrumental introduction that reminds me a lot of Shadow Gallery and a positively anthemic chorus that demands to be played very, very loudly. I can hear a lot of similarities here to power-metal band Serenity, especially in the way that vocal harmonies are used to give the chorus a very powerful, epic effect. "Paradise" is an awesome song, with awesome instrumental interplay between guitars and synths and awe- inspiring vocal lines to match.

"Fall In Line" comes next, beginning with some orchestral synths before a guitar melody line comes in. This in turn leads into some fast and furious riffing, with the synths all the while creating great background orchestration. The guitar throws in a great, emotive solo before the vocals start. For some reason, the vocal delivery (not necessarily the tone) on this track reminds me of Geoff Tate from Queensr˙che. The style is very dramatic and narrative, and the instrumentals continue to be stellar, with multiple guitar and synth solos throughout. There's a nice little instrumental postlude at the end of the track as well that serves as a transition into the next song.

This next song is also the longest, coming in at just under ten minutes. "Break the Silence" starts off on a softer, more melodic note, with only minimal guitar behind gorgeously harmonized vocals. At about the one and a half minute mark the heaviness returns, with the guitar laying down pounding riffs, over which another wonderful guitar solo plays. There's a brief shift back to a more stripped down instrumentation as the vocals re-enter, but it's not long before the full intensity of the track returns. Another guitar solo takes up a good chunk of the middle of the track, and though it's very technically impressive, I do think that sections of it lack the emotion that can take a solo from "impressive" to "spectacular." Luckily, these sections are few and far between, and a softer, more atmospheric instrumental section takes a bit of the edge off and adds some sonic variety. Additionally, a totally different vocal melody towards the end of the track shakes things up and makes the track feel like the prog- metal epic that it is striving to be.

"Hide and Seek" is another of my favorite tracks, beginning with a riff that sounds like Iron Maiden combined with Opeth and only getting better from there. A catchy synth melody sets the tone before the vocals enter. This is another song with a rather cheerful melody, a nice contrast that's highlighted even more by the super-high energy, epic chorus that features some of the most emotive, raw vocals on the entire album. It nearly goes without saying at this point that there are several spectacular solos as well, but they certainly shouldn't be taken for granted.

"Destiny Calls" begins with an intstrumental section that almost sounds like math-metal. At times heavily reminiscent of Dream Theater, this opening section makes great use of multiple time signatures and complex rhythms, and it's probably some of the proggiest music on the album. Though it's not long, this introduction certainly makes an impression, and the vocal section that follows is equally impressive. Melody and technicality combine in the best way to create stirring, epic metal, and a variety of motifs keeps this track feeling probably the most like straight prog-metal, with very little power-metal influence to be found.

"One Last Goodbye" is another relatively soft song, with strummed acoustic chords providing the main instrumentation for the track. Female vocals make a surprising but incredibly effective appearance on this song as well, and though they are only used briefly the effect they provide is very nice. There's some nice orchestration as well, and on top of all of it are the incredible, soaring, emotional vocals. Some possibly ill-advised spoken word clips appear over in the middle of the track, and in my opinion this disrupts the flow a bit. Fortunately, there's a triumphant duet between the male and female vocalist to close out the track, and it ends up being one of the surprise highlights on the album.

"Back In Time" begins with several samples from earlier tracks played over an atmospheric synth part. A similar technique has been used on several Ayreon albums, and it works quite well as a sort of "musical recap" before the final track. Unfortunately, there's another narrative-advancing voice clip used here, and quite frankly it's just not well delivered. It's supposed to be the climax of the story and a major twist, but the delivery is just so corny that it lacks a lot of the emotional punch that it's obviously supposed to have.

Fortunately, "The Black Parade" closes the album on a high note. Almost every line has the kind of epic power-metal hook that makes the genre so enjoyable to listen to. In addition, the playing is positively frenetic, with drums especially going insane on the chorus and keyboards and guitar synergizing perfectly to create atmosphere for the rest of the track. Excellent orchestration and a variety of keyboard sounds round out the track, and a killer guitar solo helps wrap it up before one final vocal section leads into the album's final fade- out.

So, while there are some minor flaws, this is an incredibly solid album for fans who like the power-metal sound in their prog. I usually have trouble staying engaged for the duration of long albums, but while this one comes in at a hefty 74 minutes it really just seems to fly by. Often when listening to power metal I run into the problem of a few songs having hooks I really like and the others just not measuring up, but that is absolutely not a problem here. Every track is almost bursting with epic grandeur, and that makes this a very fun album to listen to. Additionally, though this is something I don't usually say, I would recommend looking the story of the album up, as it is actually fairly compelling if you know what exactly is going on.

Excellent stuff.

4/5

Send comments to VanVanVan (BETA) | Report this review (#651134) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 08, 2012

5 stars It's hard to be impartial concerning music. As a psychologist, I know we attribute sentimental values in our opinions, waiting for others to agree with our points-of-view. So what I can say about this band, this album in special, is they touch me deeply in my soul/heart. I'd found here the per ... (read more)

Report this review (#996513) | Posted by amiltonjr1986 | Friday, July 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Dream Theater and Seventh Wonder were my favorite prog metal discoveries. SW maybe even more, because with DT I knew what to expect, but this Swedish band (is half the population of this country musicians?!) exceeded all my expectations. The style is melodic power prog metal. All familiar ingr ... (read more)

Report this review (#995761) | Posted by Progrussia | Thursday, July 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The album that introduced me to SEVENTH WONDER, "Mercy Falls" is a progressive/power metal concept album that tells the story of a man who gets in a car accident and wakes up in a town called Mercy Falls, a made up world that he dreamt up in his comatose state. It's a great concept album with an ... (read more)

Report this review (#981353) | Posted by SevDawg | Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Yes. Five stars. I firmly believe this album is a masterpiece. Actually, I would say all of Seventh Wonder's albums but the very first, Become, are masterpieces. From the first time I heard "Waiting in the Wings" I was absolutely amazed. And I have never been disappointed by consecutive list ... (read more)

Report this review (#721431) | Posted by dtguitarfan | Tuesday, April 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SEVENTH WONDER "Mercy Falls"