CITIZEN STEELY DAN

12. Third World Man - 5:14
13. Everyone's Gone to the Movies (Demo) - 3:57

Search STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan lyrics

Search STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan tabs

more musicians that will fit....

1993 MCA

Thanks to micky for the addition

STEELY DAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan Music

Steely Dan Countdown To EcstasySteely Dan Countdown To Ecstasy
Mca 1998
Two Against NatureTwo Against Nature
Giant Records 2000
Steely Dan "AJA" ABC #1006 Gate Fold Cover-songs & word sleeve Very Good ++ US $8.99 Buy It Now 33m 48s
STEELY DAN LP Pretzel Logic ABC Records ABCD-800 US $6.66 [0 bids]
48m 55s
11 Tracks of Whack by Walter Becker (CD,1994, Giant) Steely Dan US $10.00 [0 bids]
53m 47s
STEELY DAN "AJA" JAPANESE MINI LP. NEW. MVCZ-10077. UNIVERSAL VICTOR US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
STEELY DAN: Aja LP (Canada, red vinyl, inner sleeve) Rock & Pop US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
STEELY DAN: The Royal Scam LP (Canada, yellow vinyl, inner, some seam wear) Roc US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
STEELY DAN Two Against Nature 2001 Taiwan w/obi CD New Gaslighting abbie US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
1974 Steely Dan: Rikki Don't Lose That Number 7" 45 RPM US $1.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 STEELY DAN Bodhisttva on MCA US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
STEELY DAN GAUCHO LP 180 GRAM RE-ISSUE BACK TO BLACK 60TH NEW MINT US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Steely Dan , Audio CD, Gold US $7.09 Buy It Now 2h 38m
s/t FM-JOE WALSH/STEELY DAN/QUEEN/TOM PETTY/BOSTON/ETC-MCA2-12000 VG+/VG+ 2LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Decade of Steely Dan, , Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
MOODY BLUES AND STEELY DAN US $5.00 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN GOLD US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Definitive Collection by Steely Dan (CD, Aug-2006, Geffen) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Countdown to Ecstasy [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, Nov-1998, MCA (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Pretzel Logic [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, May-1999, MCA BMG (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 11m
The Royal Scam [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, Nov-1999, MCA BMG (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 18m
STEELY DAN LP RECORD, AJA US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Steely Dan "The Royal Scam" Vinyl LP ABC Records ABCD 931 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
STEELY DAN Pretzel Logic 1st US PRESS BLACK LABEL ABC 808 SHRINK US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
AVERAGE WHITE BAND - AWB CASSETTE MINT COND /// THE BEATLES / STEELY DAN US $13.04 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN: The Royal Scam LP MCA RECORDS ABCD 931 US 1976 VG++ US $9.89 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Steely Dan LP Pretzel Logic GERMAN US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Steely Dan - Gaucho [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 35m
STEELY DAN AJA CANADA PRESS (9022-1006) ABC 1977 VINYL RECORD EX++ US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
STEELY DAN - GREATEST HITS - ABC AK-1107/2 - VG+ US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Katy Lied [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, May-1999, MCA (USA)) US $2.49 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Gold by Steely Dan (CD, Oct-1991, MCA (USA)) US $3.49 Buy It Now 4h 55m
STEELY DAN~GAUCHO~JAPAN~OBI~WLP PROMO~AUDIOPHILE~EXTREMELY RARE~INSERT~OOP~NM- US $125.00 Buy It Now 5h 7m
STEELY DAN The Royal Scam CD MCA Records CRC Club Issue 1985 No bar code Fez US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Lot of FOUR VINYL LP's. Steely Dan, Arlo Guthrie, Ten Years After (583) US $24.00 [0 bids]
Steely Dan - A Decade Of Steely Dan (1985) JAPAN CD smooth case, first pressing! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Steely Dan-Aja Original Master Recording lp Japanese IMP MFSL1-033 1979 MINT US $144.44 Buy It Now 5h 34m
STEELY DAN - AJA [CD NEW] US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Steely Dan, The Royal Scam, 1976 release, Vinyl LP, VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Can't Buy a Thrill [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, Nov-1998, MCA (USA)) US $5.94 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN The Royal Scam +inner sleeve MCA 1976 UK press US $15.75 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Katy Lied by Steely Dan (CD, Dec-1987, MCA Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Aja [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, Nov-1999, MCA (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
CD Steely Dan - Two Against Nature Giant Records 9 24719-2 US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 44m
STEELY DAN - GAUCHO [REMASTER] CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN - CAN'T BUY A THRILL [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $2.39 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Gaucho by Steely Dan (Apr-1991, MFSL Gold Disc CD) with J-card NEW, SEALED !!! US $175.00 Buy It Now 7h
A Decade of Steely Dan by Steely Dan (Mar-1995, MCA Gold Disc CD) NEW, SEALED !! US $99.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
STEELY DAN - ROYAL SCAM [CD NEW] US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 7m
STEELY DAN - THE ROYAL SCAM LP - US $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 12m
A DECADE OF STEELY DAN, EARLY JAPAN PRESSING, MCAD-5570, DIDX-306 US $2.99 [0 bids]
A Decade of Steely Dan by Steely Dan (CD, May-1985, MCA (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Two Against Nature by Steely Dan (CD, Feb-2000, Giant (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN Alive In America 1995 USA CD on Giant records US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Steely Dan Greatest Hits (1972-1978) 1978 MCA Records 2 Lp Set AK-1107/2 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
A Decade of Steely Dan [Remaster] by Steely Dan (CD, Nov-1996, UMC (Universal... US $4.95 Buy It Now 8h 36m
STEELY DAN - SHOWBIZ KIDS: STEELY DAN STORY NEW CD US $26.08 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Everything Must Go by Steely Dan (CD Reprise) Like New Best Price On Ebay US $6.49 Buy It Now 8h 52m
STEELY DAN - RIKKI DON'T LOSE THAT NUMBER/ANY MAJOR DUDE.. (ABC 4241) UK 1979 7" US $3.30 Buy It Now 8h 53m
donald fagen limited edition cd steely dan US $42.49 Buy It Now 9h
Steely Dan - Aja JAPAN CD MVCM-21020 *16-1 US $15.39 Buy It Now 9h 15m
K-Tel's Music Magic 8-track tape ORANGE 1978 FOREIGNER Steely Dan COMMODORES US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 21m
VINTAGE 1977 STEELY DAN AJA 33 LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1972 STEELY DAN CANT BUY A THRILL REELING IN THE YEARS 33LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature (CD 2000) Donald Fagen US $8.88 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Steely Dan 45 The Fez/Sign In Stranger ABC Records 1976 #ABC-12222 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Steely Dan - Alive in America CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
STEELY DAN - THE ROYAL SCAM - PROMO-LP/Vinyl/Record US $1.05 [2 bids]
STEELY DAN-AJA-PROMO-LP/Vinyl/Record US $0.99 [1 bids]
Steely Dan 4-LP Lot US $20.00 [0 bids]
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam -Original 1976 ABC Pressing LP -with Sleeve / Insert US $6.99 [0 bids]
Two Against Nature by Steely Dan (CD, Feb-2000, Giant (USA)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Lot of 3 Steely Dan CD's Box 50 US $8.99 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Lot of 3 STEELY DAN 45 rpm Singles Reeling In The Years/Rikki Don't Lose Number US $9.95 Buy It Now 11h 59m
STEELY DAN Two Against Nature CD Giant 2000 US $6.95 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Steely Dan " Greatest Hits" 1972-78 NM- Double Record AK-1107/2 US $17.95 Buy It Now 12h 5m
STEELY DAN Can't Buy a Thrill CASSETTE EX MCAC-1591 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Steely Dan Two Against Nature DVD Audio New Sealed US $63.49 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Steely Dan - Gaucho (MCA 6102) 33 RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN GAUCHO LP AUSTRALIA US $11.49 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Steely Dan Hey Nineteen Bodhisattva 45 Live 4 Record! MCA 1980 Very Good! US $1.99 [0 bids]
RADIO SHOW: JUKEBOX EXPOSION #306 STEELY DAN, RUSH, DONOVAN, D.SUMMER, R.CHARLES US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 32m
STEELY DAN 2 Tracks From Two Against Nature U.S. Promo CD Sealed DONALD FAGEN US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Steely Dan Katy Lied 10 Track Vinyl Album US $16.58 Buy It Now 15h 56m
STEELY DAN-AJA-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 US $42.50 Buy It Now 16h 19m
STEELY DAN Aja CD NEW & SEALED US $8.22 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Steely Dan - Gaucho LP - Jazz - 12" 33RPM Vinyl - Very Good (VG) US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 20m
STEELY DAN - ALIVE IN AMERICA (IMPORT) NEW CD US $32.58 Buy It Now 18h 58m
Two Against Nature, Steely Dan, Good US $2.00 Buy It Now 19h 17m
STEELY DAN THE ROYAL SCAM - VINYL LP RECORD -VIM 4040 - NEAR MINT US $32.58 [0 bids]
A Decade of Steely Dan by Steely Dan (CD, May-1985, MCA (USA)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 33m
STEELY DAN 2 X 12" G/F VINYL ALBUM GREATEST HITS 1972-1978 & INNERS ABCD 616 EX US $18.24 Buy It Now 20h 22m
STEELY DAN_Greatest Hits_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.17 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature CD 2000 924719-2 GIANT US $3.79 Buy It Now 21h 32m
Steely Dan Can't Buy a Thrill A1/B1 RARE RCA Record Club ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $36.00 Buy It Now 22h 15m
STEELY DAN Two Against Nature DVD AUDIO w/OBI SEALED OOP US $55.00 Buy It Now 22h 38m
Rosie Vela - ZAZU - RARE Israeli Israel 1986 LP LISTEN Steely Dan / Gary Katz US $9.74 Buy It Now 23h 11m
STEELY DAN ROYAL SCAM JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93519 US $49.99 Buy It Now 23h 22m
STEELY DAN STEELY DAN GREATEST HITS 2X33 Rpm Vinyl~Canada Pressing~MAK2-1107 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN 12" LP THE VERY BEST OF US $1.64 [0 bids]
Steely Dan Can't Buy A Thrill ABC Records LP # ABCX 752 Matrix 1-A/1-A © 1972? US $3.00 [0 bids]
Aja by Steely Dan (CD, Sep-1984, MCA (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy STEELY DAN music online Buy STEELY DAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEELY DAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan ratings distribution

STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
4 stars Kind of hard to see these guy's output from 1972-1980 as distinct albums for me. Although they were well regarded amongst my fellow prog fans in the late '70's, the music didn't really click with me. Then in 1993 (hungry for fresh prog meat) I treated myself to this box set. Pretty much all of phase I of SD crammed into four CDs.

I finally "got it" although it means I can never appreciate or review the albums on an individual basis. Frankly there's no bad music in this collection. It's a mixture of just simply great music with many progressive moments. I think I was originally biased against them due to their commercial success. Now I am totally accepting of their progworthiness. King Of The World is my favorite, but they all have their "charm". It's the only one with an apocalyptic theme. Most of the rest is just about everyday life, even if some of it isn't applicable to most of us. What really hooked me on Steely Dan was just the sheer quality of the musicianship and the well done genre traveling and transcendence of the music. There's got to be something in there for just about anyone.

One experience helped to endear the music to me to me. I had just had this box set for a short while when I went on a company field trip to survey public housing units in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and took it along for the ride. Had my first visit to strip club (it's a military town, though the show was rather tame). Lots of risqué themes in the songs shall we say.

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#181256) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 31, 2008

Review by Gatot
2 stars This is 70s band that I had never paid any attention to because I thought the band did not deliver something rockin' until in 2002. I was at local CD store famous to classic rock / progressive rock collectors in my country. I saw this boxed set and was not interested to buy, actually. But when my next visits to that store rpeat many times and I found no new prog or classic rock CDs that interested me at that store, I then looked at this Steely Dan's boxed set. I was surprised looking at the printed price Rp. 125.000,- (USD 14) I thought it was mispriced but the store keeper (after phoning the head office) told me that the printed price was correct. What? Typically, compilation boxed set with four CDs would cost around four times of that printed price. So I called up my colleague to know who Steely Dan was. My colleague told me that Steely Dan was one of major acts of 70s music. So I purchased it , even though I knew nothing about the band.

Well .. at first spin of the first CD, there was nothing that really catchy for my ears. All music flows naturally and nothing really hooked me in melody or composition, it's just easy listening plain music, no challenge at all to listen to the music. I then moved to second CD, almost the same feeling ..it's just an easy listening music with no catchy song. I forced myself to play all four CDs even though I was bored at CD Two, actually .. as the music is just flows to my ears and not really engaging my mind to observe further. I can conclude the music is a blend of pop and rock plus some flavor of jazz ... Do you know El Chicano? Some of the music reminds me to El Chicano. The music of Steely Dan is I think only suitable for relaxing ...not for thos proggers who really take an adventure and challenge with progressive music.

So, I think this compilation serves good for Collectors. It's not a bad compilation at all. I enjoy the booklet telling the history of the band. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#182001) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 07, 2008

Review by Seyo
2 stars I don't like compilations, and box-sets in particular. It must be really something unique to attract me and convince me buying the old stuff in new clothes. I prefer original albums as produced, played and even visually designed by artists. It was their statement, no matter how imperfect or flawed in technical terms it may have been.

Citizen Steely Dan is a lump sum of all their studio albums from 1972 debut till 1980 Gaucho that marked the end of that period of their work. Even the tracks are sorted chronologically in exact listing as they appeared on original releases but sequences are discontinued between discs, so if you want to listen to Countdown to Ecstasy only, you will have to change from disc 1 to disc 2.

If you are a fan that keeps all original albums in collection you don't need this package unless you are a die-hard completist. Oh, yeah, there are several bonus tracks: Bodhisattva live showing that SD was in fact a real rock band once upon a time, Here at the Western World which already appeared on their first compilation Greatest Hits in 1979 and negligible demo version of Everyone's Gone to the Movies. Nothing crucial to justify the purchase. A friend of mine made a copy for me and I plan to rip them all into mp3 player, divide them into original albums track listings and add cover images. Only in such a way I could listen to it.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#235047) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Steely Dan, as much as I like a lot of their music, is one of those bands that make me scratch my head when I find them included here. Sure, they have more jazz influence than most other rock or pop bands out there, but they are way too poppy to be fusion, and the prog moments are few and far between.

There. I got that off of my chest.

For the Steely Dan newbie (are there any?), I guess if you can find this set at a good price, it's worth picking up. It contains everything from the seven original LPs, plus a few B-sides, a live recording of Bodhisattva, a demo version of Everyone's Gone To The Movies, and of course, the track FM, originally released on a movie soundtrack. If you already own all of the albums, there's not much to draw you to this collection.

So, there are some very good songs on this, although by the time they recorded "Aja" and "Gaucho", their sound was becoming formulaic, and often boring. But there are plenty of good tracks.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#458268) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Review by Roland113
5 stars When I first came on to the page for Steely Dan, I was shocked at the low rating for this compilation. I couldn't understand how I was seeing ratings of two and three. Luckily, through the power of reading, I understand and can see the reasons behind the lower ratings.

None of that stopped me from giving them a easy five star rating for this one.

I was born in seventy-two, I was three when Gabriel left Genesis, Return to Forever released their last album when I was four and Steely Dan broke up when I was nine. (Yes, I realize that both Return to Forever and Steely Dan reunited at some point, but stick with me, I'm going somewhere here). Most of these artists were bands that I really discovered many years after the initial peak, and a lot of times the discoveries included the words, 'Oh yeah, I remember, my Dad used to have that tape, we'd listen to it in the car'.

As I insinuated earlier, Steely Dan, is one of those bands. I was looking at my Dad's CD case not too long ago and found the compilation. I said, "Hey, what's this?" I was familiar with Steely Dan, but didn't recognize the set. He explained that his record player didn't work anymore and the cassette tapes had long since bit the dust so he got the set of all their earlier songs. I was pretty impressed and borrowed the set. Every song was like going down memory lane for me, I was still familiar with many of the more popular tunes that still get airplay, but some of the deeper ones were so cool to hear again. "Pretzel Logic", "Josie", "Dr. Wu", "Fez", "Don't Take me Alive" and "My Old School" were just fantastic to hear again. The hits are fantastic to me as well, "Peg", "Dirty Work", "FM", "Rikki Don't Loose That Number", "Hey Nineteen", "Deacon Blues" . . . I could go on.

They are fantastic musically, Donald Fagan is one of my favorite piano / keyboard players, and Walter Becker is no slouch either. Their songs are intelligently arranged with catchy melodies and intricate solos.

You won't find a twenty-five minute epic with multiple costume changes, but you will find crafty, and admittedly, poppy songs. I don't know how proggy I would consider them, but the important thing here is that someone else has considered them proggy enough to be included here. I never had the original releases, so for me, the compilation gets full credit rather than a lower mark as simply a reissue of material that I already owned. For me, this is easily a five star set.

Send comments to Roland113 (BETA) | Report this review (#903433) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013

Post a review of STEELY DAN "Citizen Steely Dan"