CITIZEN STEELY DAN

12. Third World Man - 5:14
13. Everyone's Gone to the Movies (Demo) - 3:57

Search STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan lyrics

Search STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan tabs

more musicians that will fit....

1993 MCA

Thanks to micky for the addition

STEELY DAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan Music

Two Against NatureTwo Against Nature
Giant Records 2000
WALTER BECKER (Steely Dan) - 1995 Magazine Poster US $7.56 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Steely Dan - Collected [CD New] US $26.04 Buy It Now 2h 42m
ROCK MASTERPIECE 1988 JAPAN CD COLLECTION NEIL YOUNG STEELY DAN DAVE MASON US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go - Scarce USA 9trk promo CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Steely Dan Greatest Hits A1/B3/C1/D1 1st RL ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEANED US $75.60 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Donald Fagen New Frontier UK Limited Edition 12" MINT 1983 Rare Vinyl Steely Dan US $30.00 [1 bids]
STEELY DAN PRETZEL LOGIC / JAPAN GATEFOLD COVER US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Steely Dan Aja Original SEALED LP Limited Edition Colored Vinyl 1977 ABC Canada US $36.39 Buy It Now 4h 41m
NEW - Brooklyn by Steely Dan US $3.20 Buy It Now 5h
Steely Dan - A Decade Of Steely Dan - Music CD Album US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Steely Dan Gold Lp (1982) MCA US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 24m
DONALD FAGEN The Nightfly JAPAN PROMO CD 1988 w/OBI 20P2-2041 Steely Dan US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Can't Buy a Thrill by Steely Dan (Cassette,MCA (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
THE ROYAL SCAM by Steely Dan 12" Vinyl Record (1976) US $12.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN - Donald Fagen & Walter Becker: Founders of Steely Dan (IMPORT CD) US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 36m
STEELY DAN -(LP)- GAUCHO FEATURING "HEY NINETEEN" - MCA RECORDS-MCA-6102 - 1980 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
STEELY DAN:HAITIAN DIVORCE/SIGN IN STRANGER:EX+ US $21.83 Buy It Now 7h 45m
VG+ 1974 Steely Dan Pretzel Logic LP Album US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN Can't Buy A Thrill CD Classic 1972 Debut Reelin' In The Years US $2.49 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN Everything Must Go 2003 CD US $2.49 [0 bids]
steely dan l.p. royal scam.............. US $12.00 [0 bids]
THE VERY BEST OF STEELY DAN / WITH OBI US $99.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
STEELY DAN ROYAL SCAM VINYL LP ABCD 931 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Kamakiriad by Donald Fagen (CD, May-1993, Reprise) EX CONDITION STEELY DAN US $3.97 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic [Remastered] (CD 2000) US $8.32 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstacy Lp MCA Reissue 1970's Press Platinum Insert US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 27m
45 RPM STEELY DAN HEY NINETEEN / BODHISATTVA US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 28m
THE ROYAL SCAM by STEELY DAN CD 1985 JAPAN 1st Press FIRST NO UPC SMOOTH CASE EX US $46.97 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Steely Dan Rotoscope Down VINYL 1LP (TAKRL Label) US $19.95 [1 bids]
Steely Dan Can't Buy A Thrill LP AUDIOPHILE 1st PRESS MINT STUNNING AB-758-A US $99.99 Buy It Now 9h 47m
A Decade Of Steely Dan (CD 1985) No UPC BAR CODE FM DIDX-306 MCAD-5570 NM PROMO US $8.97 Buy It Now 9h 49m
AVERAGE WHITE BAND - AWB CASSETTE MINT COND /// THE BEATLES / STEELY DAN US $12.54 [0 bids]
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic NEW CD US $8.25 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Steely Dan - 1977-1978 Lp - double Lp, near mint cond! from Portugal! US $15.00 [0 bids]
Steely Dan Gaucho 180 gram Vinyl LP US $44.53 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic (CD 1991) US $10.07 Buy It Now 11h 3m
STEELY DAN - REELING IN THE YEARS - 7" VINYL 1972 ABC RECORDS US $13.43 Buy It Now 11h 8m
STEELY DAN - RIKKI DON'T LOSE THAT NUMBER - 7" VINYL 1979 ABC US $9.23 Buy It Now 11h 10m
STEELY DAN "JOSIE" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Steely Dan Bent Over Backwards VINYL 1LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
Steely Dan "aja" 1977 Rock LP, VG+, Original ABC, Vinyl US $4.95 Buy It Now 11h 47m
STEELY DAN aja '78 ABC ORIG GATEFOLD ROCK LP ALBUM AA-1006 1C NICE NMint US $7.47 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Steely Dan Lp Lot US $3.44 [2 bids]
Steely Dan Lp Lot US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN Greatest Hits AK-1107 2LP Z1444 US $8.99 [4 bids]
Steely Dan ABC DJ White Label 45rpm 1974 US $14.00 Buy It Now 12h 21m
STEELY DAN CAN'T BUY A THRILL and AJA US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 37m
STEELY DAN Can't Buy A Thrill LP 1972 ABC/Dunhill Records GD+/VG+ USA Gatefold US $6.25 Buy It Now 12h 43m
STEELY DAN-THINGS I MISS THE MOST SINGLE PROMO CD C22 # US $14.47 Buy It Now 13h
STEELY DAN 1982 MCA CASSETTE "GOLD" Original MCA ! US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Definitive Collection Steely Dan Audio CD US $14.67 Buy It Now 13h 5m
STEELY DAN STEELY DAN S/T LP JAPAN IMPORT BEST OF COMP VICTOR TOKYO NM VINYL US $10.17 [6 bids]
Unopened Citizen Steely Dan 1972-1980 4 Music CD Set US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 21m
STEELY DAN KATY LIED LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 13h 26m
A Decade of Steely Dan by Steely Dan (CD, May-1985, ... US $5.09 Buy It Now 13h 36m
STEELY DAN - THE ROYAL SCAM 1976 vinyl LP ANCHOR ABCL 5161 UK + in lyric sl US $10.07 [0 bids]
Steely Dan/Gaucho Japan Mini LP SHM-CD Obi UICY-93521 Donald Fagen US $29.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN Allen Toussant NEW ORLEANS 2007 New Concert POSTER US $4.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN GOLD ORIGINAL LP STILL SEALED! US $249.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Steely Dan 70s POP ROCK 45 Show Biz Kids / Razor Boy US $11.98 Buy It Now 14h 38m
STEELY DAN KATY LIED CASSETTE TAPE US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 42m
8 Track Steely Dan Royal Scam / Can't buy a thrill used Lot 2 US $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 9m
STEELY DAN GAUCHO NO BAR CODES 1980 RECORD ALBUM LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Steely Dan "Gaucho" LP MCA 6102 (1980) VG+ Record, VG Cover US $4.50 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Factory Sealed NEW OOP Steely Dan Pretzel Logic Japan SHM MINI LP Replica CD US $84.99 Buy It Now 16h 20m
STEELY DAN - THE BEST OF - on CD - NEW - US $15.09 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Steely Dan-Katy Lied m-/vg+ US $39.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN LP GAUCHO MCA US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 39m
STEELY DAN "ALIVE IN AMERICA" LIKE NEW CD- 11 SONGS - ONE OF THERE BEST CD US $3.78 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Steely Dan; Gaucho on LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 3m
TERRY BOYLAN: Alias Boona 1969 LP BECKER/FAGEN Pre-STEELY DAN Verve RARE US $50.00 Buy It Now 17h 10m
STEELY DAN "THE ROYAL SCAM" orig ABC White Label Promo rare bird/flower dead wax US $7.99 [1 bids]
Steely Dan - Katy Lied [Remastered] (CD 2000) US $8.32 Buy It Now 17h 36m
Steely Dan's Aja LP Original Master Recording MFSL 1-033 US $9.99 [0 bids]
STEELY DAN: CAN'T BUY A THRILL LP, VG++, Original ABC US $0.99 [0 bids]
18h
Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill LP Japan Promo White Label 1972 w/ Sheet US $82.50 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Steely Dan - Countdown To Ecstasy [Remastered] (CD 2... US $8.32 Buy It Now 19h 17m
STEELY DAN Donald Fagen Nightfly (TARGET CD) German 1982 The Rare Germany MINT US $7.00 [0 bids]
Steely Dan Gaucho DTS Entertainment 5.1 Surround Sound for DTS Players Only US $29.99 [0 bids]
Steely Dan: Pretzel Logic (CD, MCA (USA)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 19h 41m
STEELY DAN * 45 * Peg * 1977 * USA ORIGINAL * VG++ minor factory flaw NICE still US $4.90 Buy It Now 19h 47m
STEELY DAN-GAUCHO-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 20h 7m
Becker, Fagen You Gotta Walk It Like You Talk It Sealed Lp W/sticker Steely Dan US $29.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
LP Steely Dan Katy Lied MCA 37043 NM/EX 1975 Minty Classic Rock Vinyl Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 20m
LP Steely Dan Aja ABC 9022-1006 NM/EX 1977 Minty Classic Vinyl Record Gatefold US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 26m
LP Steely Dan Gaucho MCA 8102 NM/EX 1980 Minty Classic Vinyl Record Lyrics Inner US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 32m
LP Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstasy ABC ABCX-779 EX/EX 1973 Vinyl Record Gatefold US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 19m
STEELY DAN-GAUCHO-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 US $42.50 Buy It Now 21h 22m
A Decade of Steely Dan by Steely Dan CD USED US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 23m
Two Against Nature, Steely Dan, Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Steely Dan Two Against Nature Vinyl LP 2000 US $229.99 Buy It Now 22h 22m
Steely Dan - Collected CD US $46.19 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN-HEY NINETEEN, BODHISATTVA (Live) JAPAN 7"NM VIMX-1514 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN TWO AGAINST NATURE JAPAN CD OBI 2548yen 1ST US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN VERY RARE YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE TAPE, NO VINYL US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN Greatest Hits 2 LP ABC D616 US $10.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Steely Dan Gaucho 1980 Masterdisk RL VG+ 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $20.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Steely Dan Gaucho 1980 Masterdisk RL VG++ 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $25.20 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELY DAN CD TITLED (TWO AGAINST NATURE) RELEASED IN 2000 US $0.98 [0 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL / STEELY DAN CAN'T BUY A THRILL US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy STEELY DAN music online Buy STEELY DAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEELY DAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan ratings distribution

STEELY DAN Citizen Steely Dan reviews

Review by Slartibartfast
4 stars Kind of hard to see these guy's output from 1972-1980 as distinct albums for me. Although they were well regarded amongst my fellow prog fans in the late '70's, the music didn't really click with me. Then in 1993 (hungry for fresh prog meat) I treated myself to this box set. Pretty much all of phase I of SD crammed into four CDs.

I finally "got it" although it means I can never appreciate or review the albums on an individual basis. Frankly there's no bad music in this collection. It's a mixture of just simply great music with many progressive moments. I think I was originally biased against them due to their commercial success. Now I am totally accepting of their progworthiness. King Of The World is my favorite, but they all have their "charm". It's the only one with an apocalyptic theme. Most of the rest is just about everyday life, even if some of it isn't applicable to most of us. What really hooked me on Steely Dan was just the sheer quality of the musicianship and the well done genre traveling and transcendence of the music. There's got to be something in there for just about anyone.

One experience helped to endear the music to me to me. I had just had this box set for a short while when I went on a company field trip to survey public housing units in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and took it along for the ride. Had my first visit to strip club (it's a military town, though the show was rather tame). Lots of risqué themes in the songs shall we say.

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#181256) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 31, 2008

Review by Gatot
2 stars This is 70s band that I had never paid any attention to because I thought the band did not deliver something rockin' until in 2002. I was at local CD store famous to classic rock / progressive rock collectors in my country. I saw this boxed set and was not interested to buy, actually. But when my next visits to that store rpeat many times and I found no new prog or classic rock CDs that interested me at that store, I then looked at this Steely Dan's boxed set. I was surprised looking at the printed price Rp. 125.000,- (USD 14) I thought it was mispriced but the store keeper (after phoning the head office) told me that the printed price was correct. What? Typically, compilation boxed set with four CDs would cost around four times of that printed price. So I called up my colleague to know who Steely Dan was. My colleague told me that Steely Dan was one of major acts of 70s music. So I purchased it , even though I knew nothing about the band.

Well .. at first spin of the first CD, there was nothing that really catchy for my ears. All music flows naturally and nothing really hooked me in melody or composition, it's just easy listening plain music, no challenge at all to listen to the music. I then moved to second CD, almost the same feeling ..it's just an easy listening music with no catchy song. I forced myself to play all four CDs even though I was bored at CD Two, actually .. as the music is just flows to my ears and not really engaging my mind to observe further. I can conclude the music is a blend of pop and rock plus some flavor of jazz ... Do you know El Chicano? Some of the music reminds me to El Chicano. The music of Steely Dan is I think only suitable for relaxing ...not for thos proggers who really take an adventure and challenge with progressive music.

So, I think this compilation serves good for Collectors. It's not a bad compilation at all. I enjoy the booklet telling the history of the band. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#182001) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 07, 2008

Review by Seyo
2 stars I don't like compilations, and box-sets in particular. It must be really something unique to attract me and convince me buying the old stuff in new clothes. I prefer original albums as produced, played and even visually designed by artists. It was their statement, no matter how imperfect or flawed in technical terms it may have been.

Citizen Steely Dan is a lump sum of all their studio albums from 1972 debut till 1980 Gaucho that marked the end of that period of their work. Even the tracks are sorted chronologically in exact listing as they appeared on original releases but sequences are discontinued between discs, so if you want to listen to Countdown to Ecstasy only, you will have to change from disc 1 to disc 2.

If you are a fan that keeps all original albums in collection you don't need this package unless you are a die-hard completist. Oh, yeah, there are several bonus tracks: Bodhisattva live showing that SD was in fact a real rock band once upon a time, Here at the Western World which already appeared on their first compilation Greatest Hits in 1979 and negligible demo version of Everyone's Gone to the Movies. Nothing crucial to justify the purchase. A friend of mine made a copy for me and I plan to rip them all into mp3 player, divide them into original albums track listings and add cover images. Only in such a way I could listen to it.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#235047) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Steely Dan, as much as I like a lot of their music, is one of those bands that make me scratch my head when I find them included here. Sure, they have more jazz influence than most other rock or pop bands out there, but they are way too poppy to be fusion, and the prog moments are few and far between.

There. I got that off of my chest.

For the Steely Dan newbie (are there any?), I guess if you can find this set at a good price, it's worth picking up. It contains everything from the seven original LPs, plus a few B-sides, a live recording of Bodhisattva, a demo version of Everyone's Gone To The Movies, and of course, the track FM, originally released on a movie soundtrack. If you already own all of the albums, there's not much to draw you to this collection.

So, there are some very good songs on this, although by the time they recorded "Aja" and "Gaucho", their sound was becoming formulaic, and often boring. But there are plenty of good tracks.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#458268) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Review by Roland113
5 stars When I first came on to the page for Steely Dan, I was shocked at the low rating for this compilation. I couldn't understand how I was seeing ratings of two and three. Luckily, through the power of reading, I understand and can see the reasons behind the lower ratings.

None of that stopped me from giving them a easy five star rating for this one.

I was born in seventy-two, I was three when Gabriel left Genesis, Return to Forever released their last album when I was four and Steely Dan broke up when I was nine. (Yes, I realize that both Return to Forever and Steely Dan reunited at some point, but stick with me, I'm going somewhere here). Most of these artists were bands that I really discovered many years after the initial peak, and a lot of times the discoveries included the words, 'Oh yeah, I remember, my Dad used to have that tape, we'd listen to it in the car'.

As I insinuated earlier, Steely Dan, is one of those bands. I was looking at my Dad's CD case not too long ago and found the compilation. I said, "Hey, what's this?" I was familiar with Steely Dan, but didn't recognize the set. He explained that his record player didn't work anymore and the cassette tapes had long since bit the dust so he got the set of all their earlier songs. I was pretty impressed and borrowed the set. Every song was like going down memory lane for me, I was still familiar with many of the more popular tunes that still get airplay, but some of the deeper ones were so cool to hear again. "Pretzel Logic", "Josie", "Dr. Wu", "Fez", "Don't Take me Alive" and "My Old School" were just fantastic to hear again. The hits are fantastic to me as well, "Peg", "Dirty Work", "FM", "Rikki Don't Loose That Number", "Hey Nineteen", "Deacon Blues" . . . I could go on.

They are fantastic musically, Donald Fagan is one of my favorite piano / keyboard players, and Walter Becker is no slouch either. Their songs are intelligently arranged with catchy melodies and intricate solos.

You won't find a twenty-five minute epic with multiple costume changes, but you will find crafty, and admittedly, poppy songs. I don't know how proggy I would consider them, but the important thing here is that someone else has considered them proggy enough to be included here. I never had the original releases, so for me, the compilation gets full credit rather than a lower mark as simply a reissue of material that I already owned. For me, this is easily a five star set.

Send comments to Roland113 (BETA) | Report this review (#903433) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013

Post a review of STEELY DAN "Citizen Steely Dan"