YES - THE NEW DIRECTOR'S CUT

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums and percussion
- Rick Wakeman / keyboards

Classic Studio T. DVD5073X

Thanks to erik neuteboom for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Yes - The New Director's Cut Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
9012590125
Elektra / Wea 2004
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Going for the OneGoing for the One
Atlantic 2003
YES Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe An Evening of Yes Music Plus VHS rare MINT US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Yes Prime Minister Complete Collection DVD 2 Disc US $46.46 Buy It Now 4h 6m
YES MAN*****BLU-RAY*****REGION B*****NEW & SEALED US $18.60 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
The New Gospels Rick & Adam Wakeman VHS Video Former Yes Prog Rock Keyboardist US $14.98 Buy It Now 7h
Rick Wakeman Simply Acoustic VHS Video Keyboardist of Progressive Rock Band YES US $8.48 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Yes You Can Microwave VHS Video & Book Set Cooking Cuisine Gourmet BRAND NEW US $3.96 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Yes Man US $5.50 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Joel Osteen Yes Is In Your Future DVD (S-7) Small tear US $5.21 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Yes, Minister - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set) US $4.20 [2 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $2.50 Buy It Now 9h 58m
LOT OF 2 MELISSA ETHERIDGE MUSIC CDs BRAVE AND CRAZY & YES I AM US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Greater Yes, DVD US $13.29 Buy It Now 11h 40m
BOB THE BUILDER - YES WE CAN! [CANADIAN; BILINGUAL] - NEW DVD US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 41m
BOB THE BUILDER - YES WE CAN! - NEW DVD US $5.47 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Yes Virginia (with Spanish Audio) - DVD-STANDARD Region 1 Brand New Free Shippin US $11.80 Buy It Now 12h 15m
5 Yes Prime Minister VHS Bishop's Gambit Official Secrets, Power 2 People US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 26m
5 Jim Carrey DVD Lot: Liar Liar Ace Ventura The Number 23 Yes Man Lemony Snicket US $8.95 Buy It Now 12h 57m
'THE YES MEN' ANDY BICHLBAUM MIKE BONANNO DVD NEW US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
The BOURNE SUPREMACY,Matt Damon,Karl Urban,Joan Allen,Julia Stiles,Brian Cox,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.25 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Tha Alphabet Killer,Eliza Dushku,Carl Elwes,Timothy Hutton,R,Blu-ray,True,YES,$$ US $5.29 [0 bids]
14h
IQ - Live From London (DVD, 2005) Neo Progressive Rock Genesis Yes US $10.99 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Clause Movie DVD New US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! by US $0.99 Buy It Now 14h 47m
I'll Say Yes, DVD US $14.29 Buy It Now 14h 58m
New Sealed VHS "YES, YOU CAN!" MS Multiple Sclerosis Exercise Video 2002 US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 17m
Yes Man Jim Carrey, Bradley Cooper, Zooey Deschanel, Terence Stamp, Danny Maste US $3.98 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Vintage 1973 Concert Video Of Original Yes Yessongs US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $14.95 Buy It Now 16h 27m
YES Live at Montreuz 2003 Roundabout I've Seen All Good People 17 Songs SEALEDvd US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD, 2002) US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
GENESIS PHIL COLLINS IN LONDON '80 LIVE DVD SEALED Toto Yes Fish Marillion Camel US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Yes Man (Blu-Ray) Blu-ray US $16.48 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h
The Cure Show, Emf Smoke The Banger, Just Say Yes 1, Enya , Rock Monthly Video US $45.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $1.75 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Good DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, Danny M US $3.92 Buy It Now 18h 58m
Yes Man DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can!, Acceptable DVD, , US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 8m
Yes Minister - Vol. 2 (BBC VHS, 1980, Paul Eddington) US $4.99 [0 bids]
SAY YES --- LIKE NEW RARE LASERDISC US $3.84 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Vintage V H S Rock Video Tape Yes Greatest Video Hits US $0.99 [0 bids]
Japanese Drama Double Meaning Yes Or No? DVD English Subtitle US $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 54m
Luciano Pavarotti in "Yes Giorgio" Laserdisc, Near Mint US $34.95 Buy It Now 19h 54m
DVD YES ACOUSTIC Guaranteed No Hiss Simultaneous Live Satellite Transmission NEW US $7.75 Buy It Now 20h 21m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005, Brand New) US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Yes: Owner of a Lonely Heart - Live in Concert (DVD, 2014) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man, Very Good DVD, Terence Stamp, John Michael Higgins, Zooey Deschanel, Ji US $10.99 Buy It Now 21h 7m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $2.38 Buy It Now 21h 11m
VHS Yes Giorgio: Luciano Pavarotti Kathryn Harrold Eddie Albert James Hong US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h
YES "Yesspeak" 2003 2-Disc DVD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
The House Of Yes Rare Black Comedy VHS 1997 OOP HTF Parker Posey Tori Spelling US $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 27m
YES Keys to Ascension PAL DVD Cat#SVEM0041 Howe Wakeman Anderson Squire White US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 43m
MTV Closet Classics 1986 [ML 1043] Yes Cream Black Sabbath Hendrix Laserdisc LD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD YES PRIME MINISTER SERIES 2 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
#285- Newish VHS * Phil Vassar - featuring " I'LL TAKE THAT AS A YES " US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe In the Big Dream Yes Video Rare VHS 1989 US $3.00 [0 bids]
1935 Scenes from Big Films-51 "Yes Mr Brown" US $1.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
DVD Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Greatest Video Hits (VHS, 1991) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Minister, Series Three US $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man...Jim Carrey, Bradley Cooper, Zooey Deschanel (DVD 2009) US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES, DEAR: Rare '02 DVD, JEAN LOUISA KELLY, ANTHONY CLARK, MIKE O'MALLEY, 2 EPS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN (2008) ~Brand New BLU-RAY~ Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob The Builder - Yes We Can New DVD free ship US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE + YES ALBUM CD 5.1 BLU-RAY STEVEN WILSON REMASTER NEW US $120.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES New Sealed Ltd Ed 2014 GREATEST HITS & PERFORMANCES CD & DVD SET US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD, 2002) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brooklyn Tabernacle: I'll Say Yes - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 1 Brand US $14.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Very Good US $3.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey - PERFECT US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes, Giorgio Official MGM Oversize Big Box VHS Tape - Rare Luciano Pavarotti US $17.97 Buy It Now 1 day
The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir: I'll Say Yes by Brooklyn Tabernacle US $8.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes-Live from the House of Blues RARE DVD Ian Anderson Steve Howe US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.49 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey Zooey Deschanel Bradley Cooper Higgins Stamp 10 US $6.25 [0 bids]
Lot Of Bob the Builder DVDs Yes We Can! & The Knights of Fix-A-Lot US $10.00 [0 bids]
YES - SYMPHONIC LIVE (2PC) NEW DVD US $24.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Border Run,Sharon Stone,Billy Zane,2013,R,DVD,All Excellent!,YES,$$$ US $4.75 [0 bids]
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) Factory Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES YEARS ULTRA RARE UK VHS VIDEO! GOING FOR THE ONE US $24.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.55 [0 bids]
MTV CLOSET CLASSICS RARE OZ VHS VIDEO! HENDRIX THE WHO T REX SABBATH YES CREAM US $26.10 Buy It Now 1 day
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD, 2010) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Yes - The New Director's Cut ratings distribution

YES Yes - The New Director's Cut reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars

This 2-DVD is released because of the 35th anniversary of the band (1968-2003) during the 2003 tour in the UK in a socalled "new director's cut" (like with famous movies) but I prefer to rename it in the 30th anniversary of the triple live LP Yessongs (1973-2003) because to me this 2-DVD looks like a kind of Yessongs Plus. I have seen Yes during their 2004 tour in The Netherlands (that concert was similar to the two concerts on this 2-DVD) and I was delighted about all enthousiastic Yes members and the many new arrangements of the classic Yes compositions during the tours in 2003 and 2004. On these two DVD's you can enjoy great camerawork that captured the great Yes spirit on stage and how inspired Yes delivers the new arrangements.

The Birmingham gig (16 songs): an excellent and extended Steve Howe solo and pleasant modern keyboard work in Siberian Khatru, a flashy synthesizer solo in the powerful rendition of Don'Kill The Whale, a spectacular Gibson electric guitar/Minimoog synthesizer duel in South Side Of The Sky, exciting Minimoog flights, beautiful classical orchestrations and wonderful work on the Fender twin-steel guitar in And You And I, a virtuosic solo spot by Steve Howe on the acoustic guitar (including the inevitable Clap), an even more virtuosic performance solo spot by Rick Wakeman featuring dazzling runs on the Minimoog and digital keyboards (sensational church-organ sound on the GEM keyboard), a great break with bass solo play, accompanied by a lush strings-sound in Heart Of The Sunrise, a blend of guitar flageolets, distorted bass and subtle drums in Long Distance Runaround and a breathtaking version of Awaken with sparkling piano, majestic church organ, Chris Squire on his triple-neck and Howe on the Fender Telecaster, a standing ovation!

The Glastonbury Festival gig (11 songs): A famous progrock band on an open air festival, that doesn't happen very often and hoew colourful they looked: Steve Howe in a jellow suit, Jon in purple clothes and Chris with a pink blouse, a very coloured progrock band, like the average reggae band! The sound is not optimal (Rick Wakeman sounds a bit far away in the mix and the camerawork suffers a little bit from waving banners) and the lightshow is minimal but Yes plays an inspired gig, it's interesting to compare this Yes gig with the Birmingham concert.

Most of the compositions on this 2-DVD are introduced by Yes members with interesting and funny stories, from Steve Howe with Mr. Gibson to Rick Wakeman with his own big limousine and marching band with beautiful girls to Jon with his praise for the band during the years. For me it was very pleasant to hear these stories but on the other hand it also can be a bit disturbing if you want to enjoy the entire concerts.

My conclusion: for sure Yes is the most prolific symphonic rock dinosaur concerning DVD releases but I doubt or many Yes fans are waiting for this DVD (for example if you already own Songs For Tsongas) but in general the Yes fans have good jobs and are often willing to buy every DVD release, it's up to your need to buy all Yes DVD material.

Thanks Jim 'Hammond' Garten, you know why

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#181000) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Brought out of retirement . the songs that is!

This 2008 double DVD release belatedly makes available 2 concerts from Yes' 35 anniversary year in 2003. While the Yesspeak DVD had included an audio only recording of a gig from that tour, this is the first time the video has been officially available. Having attended the Edinburgh, Scotland leg of the tour, it is good to have this recording of the Birmingham show a few days before or after. For this tour, the Classic line up of Anderson, Howe, Squire, White and Wakeman are back together, adding extra appeal.

In my view the set list is not one of the strongest Yes have come up with, but on the other hand we would not want them to play the same songs on every tour. As a result, there's no "Close to the edge" or "Relayer" for example, but songs which have been resting for years are given new life. The two highlights in this respect are "South side of the sky" from "Fragile" and "Awaken" from "Going for the one". "South side." was never one of my favourites, but the version for this tour is revitalised by some great sparring between Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman. "Awaken" is the song which steals the show though, this majestic rendition bringing out the full power and beauty of the piece, and placing it firmly alongside "And You and I", "Close to the edge" etc. at the top table of Yes songs.

There is something of a focus on "Fragile" in the set list, with "Heart of the sunrise", "Long distance runaround", and several others being performed. Of the other songs, those like "Don't kill the whale" and "Magnification" are lesser Yes numbers, and as such could have been omitted in favour of stronger material.

The songs are occasionally interspersed with back stage footage and interviews with the band members. These appear to have been lifted straight from the Yesspeak" DVD, and as such offer nothing new.

In addition to this virtually complete concert, we get about 90 minutes of Yes headlining the Glastonbury festival, also in 2003. There is naturally significant overlap in the set lists for the two gigs, with "Awaken", "South side of the sky", "Magnification" and many others being pretty much mirror images of those on disc one. There is a certain appeal to this set as the audience are not necessarily Yes fans, although it would seem the vast majority are. I would venture to suggest that the average age of the crowd is much younger that at your average Yes gig this century.

Fans of Yes have never found it a challenge to obtain live Yes material in audio or video format. Whether this collection is a necessary purchase is therefore somewhat dubious. As ever, the band are in top form and the music is beyond reproach, it is just a question of whether you already have enough in the way of Yes live to satisfy your needs.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#187310) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Review by thehallway
4 stars A very nicely put together package with short interview clips interspersed with full stage songs.

I didn't buy this dvd because it's exactly the same set list as the cheaper montreux one, but this show was shown on satellite television and I caught it a few times. The interview footage is the main attraction; revealing up to date opinions and anecdotes from all five members of the band, sometimes with immense depth and detail (e.g. Steve Howe describing his favourite guitar, or Rick Wakeman treating us to yet another crazy story about the 70's). The live songs are great too though, with consistent and lively playing/singing. There are many classics (but none of the 20-minute-plus songs) as well as virtuosic solo spots for each member (although Alan and Chris share theirs).

I am however, confused by the inclusion of the Glastonbury show, as this exactly the same songs as the Birmingham set list on disc 1, minus the solo sections. Was this dvd designed for people with amnesia?! I guess it's harmless but it seems a little pointless to me; they could have filled the second disc with more interviews, or some studio music.

Anyway, besides that odd exuction of disc space, I'm very happy with this release and even happier that I caught it for free. Only avoid it if you own the other dvds from the 35th aniversary era, because the set list will be identical.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#282640) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Post a review of YES "Yes - The New Director's Cut"