DIALOG S VESMÍREM

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy PROGRES 2 Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. V zajetí počítačů (3:07)
2. Země 2555 (4:07)
3. Píseň o jablku (9:34)
4. Odlet (5:42)
5. Planeta Hieronyma Bosche I (4:38)
6. Planeta Hieronyma Bosche II (6:20)
7. Tisíce mých očí (4:53)
8. Hymna robotů (4:37)

(and CD remaster):
9. Rozhovor s centrálním mozkem (4:47)
10. Honička (1:55)
11. Výkřik v Proxima Centauri (6:04)
(bonus songs):
12. Píseň o jablku - edit (4:36)
13. Rentgen 19.30 (2:14)
14. Planeta Hieronyma Bosche '99 (4:37)

Total Time: 71:00 (remaster)

Search PROGRES 2 Dialog s vesmírem lyrics

Search PROGRES 2 Dialog s vesmírem tabs

- Pavel Váně / guitar, vocals
- Pavel Pelc / bass, vocals
- Daniel Forró / keyboards
- Zdeněk Kluka / drums, vocals
- Milos Morávek / guitar

LP Panton 8113 0130 (Czechoslovakia,1980)
CD Bonton BON 492931 2 (Czech Republic, 1999)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to marty mcfly for the last updates

PROGRES 2 MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PROGRES 2 Dialog s vesmírem Music

More places to buy PROGRES 2 music online Buy PROGRES 2 & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PROGRES 2 DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PROGRES 2 Dialog s vesmírem ratings distribution

PROGRES 2 Dialog s vesmírem reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars Concept album with complex lyrics and for 1980, it's quite good sounding too (80s were disaster for music and even more for Prog, which almost faded out). Bands like Progres carried the torch further. I can only guess what the album is about. Even I am from Czech Republic and can understand the words, it's not so easy to really understand them (as in to get their meaning). I suppose it was band's intention. This makes the album more challenging and helps for repeated listens.

Of course, musically, Dialogue shows synth oriented sound, but it's not bad kind of synths. After all, we are talking about album which has a story that takes place entirely in space/there are topics about space, universe, planets and other sci-fi themes. Synths serves as atmosphere makers. The good thing is also variability of moods and genres here. From Hard Rock (really heavy sound) of Planeta Hieronyma Bosche (exactly what you would guess it means - Planet of Hieronymus Bosch, the famous "sinning" medieval painter), to half ballad, half long soloing track "Píseň o jablku" (A Song about an Apple).

A must if you want to explore more compelling music scene from Czechoslovakia era. I especially recommend expanded edition. Should be available through common ways (internet shops), but as with every artist from small country, that can be a bit of tricky. Yet another challenge I say.

Eclectic prog is probably description which fits here best, but when you hear these sounds, you can consider also term space rock. Not in classic meaning of this word, but in our specific, Czech way. Heavy using of synthesizers in rock music of 80s (talking only about Czech Republic). I'm aware that it's hard to understand, but even harder to describe. Conditions in Soviet, or Sov related countries in 80s were harsh, that can tell you any historicist, or people who lived here. Still 9 years till my birth, but I'm quite interested in recent history of 20th century and here I have many eye witnesses, simply people who lived here. And told me a story about past times.

Understanding these times is important for getting key to this record.

This is space themed record, names of songs (translated such as: "Earth 2555", "Shout in Proxima Centauri", "Planet of Hieronymus Bosch" and so on) are also cosmical (there's a pun in our language about name of space in English and Russian language translated to Czech language, it's quite complex joke). It's also story about artificial future, where are mostly machines, controlling every aspect of our lives. Human is alone, just solitary witness to this dystopia, to which he walked with optimistic steps.

I'm not afraid to call this masterpiece, it's so intelligent, with ironic to society, but yet kind lyrics, but at the same time some kind of prophetic about future and (whew), still stands as story about used-to-be times. Yeah (finally) and with great music too. I always wondered how I would appreciate all these English sounding prog songs (about 80% of them?) if I were native speaker. When talking about this, I'm pleased to the maximum. I understand perfectly everything what I only get in English records (not talking about Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portugal ones) after many listens. And sometimes even not then.

"Pisen o jablku" ("Song about the apple") is just metaphor, that we are trying to use world as much as we can, to the moment where only last bit of it remains (last apple seed in my hand part of lyrics), then we cries.

I like poetic lyrics.

So this can be considered as concept album, it has story, one theme and same sounding music - today we tune space sounds. 80s are generally considered as bad decade for musical arts, that's perhaps true, but there are exceptions (we all know Pendragon, Marillion, Peter Gabriel, Fates Warning etc). But that are new bands. Progres is older band, but still can take this approach perfectly. I know why. In history of Czech prog rock (not so big one as in for example UK, but because of it better to understand). My personal favourite is "Planeta H.B II.", because it's so heavy song, so psychedelic sounding (special way of Czech psychedelia, unique sound, not even little bit connected to classic psych prog rock)

I'm mostly realistic and I'm even now, but giving it something less than 5 would be blasphemy for someone with relationship to this album same as I have. And also from reasons given.

Czech Prog of the golden era in its best. While world's Prog movement had its heyday in 1971-1975, in Czechoslovakia, situation was more difficult. Slowed down by communism, conditions for releasing (and even playing) were harsh and so only few albums were released. Dialogue with the Universe is one of the (if not the) best albums.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#235475) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 28, 2009

5 stars I have reviewed their previous album "Maugli (As Barnodaj)" and I must admit it's almost shocking how much better "Dialog S Vesmirem" is compared to it. What happened in those 2 years ? This was apparently the first Rock Opera that was performed in Czechoslavakia and to get a taste of that you'd have to get the double live album that has the same title as this one. I'm so impressed with the bass, drumming and guitar work on this album.There's a JRF vibe at times and these guys can flat out play. Lots of synths here too. We do get vocals as well which sound good.

"V Zajeti Pocitacu" opens with an incredible guitar solo then the rest of the band kicks in around a minute.The bass here is huge. "Zeme 2555" opens with vocals and guitar then it kicks in fairly quickly. Catchy stuff and again the bass is very fat and the guitar impresses. "Pisen O Jabiku" has a spacey intro then acoustic guitar,vocals and bass standout.This is mellow but beautiful. Keys and synths follow. It picks up before 6 1/2 minutes. Love the bass and guitar here as we get a fantastic instrumental section right to the end. "Odlet" has this very epic intro then it settles in before a minute but it's uptempo.Vocals around 1 1/2 minutes. Chunky bass too. A powerful and dynamic final 2 minutes. Killer stuff.

"Planeta Hieronyma Boche I" is MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA-like to start. How good is this ! That changes when the vocals arrive 2 1/2 minutes in although it's still powerful. "Planeta Hieronyma Bosche II" opens with atmosphere and some ground shaking bass. It kicks in with drums after a minute. We get some vocals and vocal melodies. It settles after 3 minutes as the guitar starts to solo and it goes on and on right to the end. Amazing. "Ticise Mych Oci" opens with sounds that build including chunky bass. It calms down with vocals then kicks back in after 2 1/2 minutes with synths too. Nice. It settles again with vocals.The guitar to end it is incredible. "Hymna Robotu" opens with a drum solo that is so impressive. I'm not usually into them but this is inventive. Bass then vocals come in.

Well McFly is right this is a masterpiece and one of the best albums I have ever heard from the Czech Republic.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#306249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review by Warthur
4 stars Progres 2's Dialog s Vesmírem finds the Czech group putting out a capable prog rock album in a year when there were precious few quality releases. Star player on the album for me has to be Daniel Forró on keyboards, who is able to incorporate modern keyboards into his music in a unique manner which manages to sound fresh and new and avoids nostalgia whilst also evading the now rather dated sound of many early 80s synthesiser works, but I also have to pay tribute to Pavel Váně and Milos Morávek, whose heavy guitar offerings put me in mind of a proggier Jimi Hendrix.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#864082) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Post a review of PROGRES 2 "Dialog s vesmírem"