FAITH HOPE LOVE

King's X Faith Hope Love album cover

rock music collection

Buy KING'S X Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. We Are Finding Who We Are (4:40)
2. It's Love (4:36)
3. I'll Never Get Tired Of You (3:47)
4. Fine Art of Friendship (4:21)
5. Mr. Wilson (3:39)
6. Moanjam (6:05)
7. Six Broken Soldiers (3:33)
8. I Can't Help It (3:53)
9. Talk to You (4:36)
10. Everywhere I Go (3:54)
11. We Were Born To Be Loved (4:52)
12. Faith Hope Love (9:22)
13. Legal Kill (4:42)

Search KING'S X Faith Hope Love lyrics

Search KING'S X Faith Hope Love tabs

- Doug Pinnick / bass guitar and lead vocals
- Ty Tabor / guitar, sitar, vocals
- Jerry Gaskill / drums, percussion, vocals

Additional musicians:
- Max Dyer / cello (7, 12 & 13)
- Erik Ralske / french horn (7)
- Kemper Crabb / soprano recorder (13)
- Little Willy Sammy Taylor / forward pipe organ (7)
- Wilde Silas Mass Choir featuring Galactic Cowboys / backing vocals (5 & 12)

A2 82145 Megaforce/Atlantic Records
Produced by Sam Taylor & King's X

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

KING'S X MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KING'S X Faith Hope Love Music

King's XKing's X
Atlantic 1992
King's X - Dogman (2004) US $1.62 [1 bids]
King's X Dogman Classic Hard Rock Heavy Metal Grunge CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
King's X 5 Cassette Tape Lot SEALED Out OF This Planet Best Of Faith Hope Love  US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
King's X - Ear Candy [CD New] US $7.30 Buy It Now 10h 55m
KING'S X Its Love FADE VERSION PROMO DJ CD kings 1990 US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Ty Tabor KING'S X Building Blox 15 TRX SAMPLER w/RARE ACOUSTIC PROMO CD Single US $59.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Out of Silent Planet, King's X, New US $11.50 Buy It Now 12h 27m
New: KING'S X - Tape Head [Metal Blade] CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 12h 41m
KIng's X - Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous CD 2000 Metal Blade US $0.99 [0 bids]
Manic Moonlight by King's X US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Live All Over the Place by King's X US $9.76 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Poundhound [King's X] - Massive Grooves... (New & Sealed Heavy Metal CD-1998) US $8.18 Buy It Now 17h 14m
KING'S X - DOGMAN - CD Japan w/ OBI US $9.00 [0 bids]
Lot (8) cassettes METAL Danzig Cult Faith No More King's X Korn Living Colour ++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Best of King's X by King's X (CD, Nov-1997, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.78 [6 bids]
King's X Live All Over the Place CD, Nov-2004, 2 Discs, Metal Blade US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 49m
KING'S X - GRETCHEN GOES TO NEBRASKA NEW CD US $16.33 Buy It Now 1 day
KING's X "Building Blox" 1994 RARE promo only CD! US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - FAITH HOPE LOVE - RARE VINYL LP ON MEGAFORCE LABEL US $8.19 [1 bids]
King's X - Out Of The Silent Planet 1988 vinyl LP in excellent++ condition. US $24.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Tape Head by King's X (CD, Oct-1998, Metal Blade) US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X S/T Self Title Sealed New Cassette Tape  US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - EAR CANDY (7567828802) CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - DOGMAN (7567-82558-2) CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
king's x - fade cd single US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DUG PINNICK - EMOTIONAL ANIMAL (New CD) Rock King's X US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Ear Candy by King's X (CD, May-1996, Atlantic (Label)) USED 90S HARD ROCK US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X - Faith Hope Love (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce) US $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X on Kerrang Cover 1989 Black Sabbath US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X faith hope love PROGRESSIVE ROCK cutout 13 songs VG TAPE US $3.48 [0 bids]
King's X Classic Hard Rock Heavy Metal Grunge CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
King's X "It's Love" promo CD single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ear Candy by King's X (CD, May-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska by King's X (CD, Jun-1989, Megaforce) USED METALROCK US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
99 Cent CD Auction - The Best of King's X by King's X (CD, Nov-1997) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Mike Tramp of White Lion on Kerrang Cover 1989 King's X US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
DUG PINNICK-EMOTIONAL ANIMAL-RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-KING'S X vocalist-w VIDEO+ US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X Faith Hope Love CD (1990) "It's Love"/"We Were Born To Be Loved" [WEA] US $6.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Dogman - King's X (Cassette 1994, Atlantic) NEW Shrink-Wrap US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - Building Blox, 15 track Promo only SAMPLER CD RARE! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ty Tabor (King's X)- Moonflower Lane INSIDE OUT EDITION (USA SHIPPING 8$) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X (FAITH HOPE LOVE) CANADA CASSETTE US $1.00 [0 bids]
AVALON Label Sampler JAPAN CD Divinity, Viper, King's X, Whitewolf... #48-4 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X Best Of CD Greatest Hits It's Love, Black Flag, Dogman US $2.49 [0 bids]
King's X - Dogman.cd US $9.83 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X 'Tape Head' 13 song cd 1998 US $2.95 [0 bids]
King's X by King's X (Cassette, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $6.50 [0 bids]
KING'S X Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + BACKING TRACKS + FREE BONUSES US $8.36 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - EAR CANDY [KING'S X] [075678288029] - NEW CD US $7.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Tape Head by King's X (Cassette, Oct-1998, Metal Blade) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Super 8 - Super 8 (w/ 2 Bonus Tracks,King's X,Living Colour,Hendrix,Storyville) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Cassette Tape~~~KING'S X~~~GRETCHEN GOES TO NEBRASKA US $4.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X self titled 11 song cd 1992 US $1.95 [0 bids]
King's X - CD (RARE) US $9.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Faith Hope Love - King's X - CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - OGRE TONES - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $22.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Ogre Tones by King's X (CD, Sep-2005, Inside Out Music) US $11.93 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - KING'S X - RARE ORIGINAL 1992 US MADE CD ON ATLANTIC LABEL US $8.19 [0 bids]
KING'S X 'OUT OF THE SILENT PLANET' NEW ROCK CANDY REMASTER 2014 SEALED NEW! US $18.01 [0 bids]
Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous by King's X (CD, May-2000, Metal Blade) US $7.99 [0 bids]
King's X Gretchen Goes to Nebraska Cassette Tape US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X, Best of Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - Tape Head (1998) OOP Cassette NEW US $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Pineappleskunk by Poundhound CD Doug Pinnick King's X (USA SHIPPING 8$) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Faith Hope Love by King's X (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce) US $0.01 [0 bids]
King's X by King's X (CD, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Dogman by King's X (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
KISS / KING'S X God Gave Rock & Roll To You SPLIT 7" Bill & Ted Intercope 1991 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X - Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous.cd US $9.83 Buy It Now 3 days
KING'S X Out of the Silent Planet LP RARE HARD ROCK METAL 1988 US $17.47 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X - Ear Candy - AUTOGRAPHED CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X - Faith, Hope and Love - AUTOGRAPHED CD!! US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KING'S X - Faith, Hope, Love (CD 1990) SAM TAYLOR MEGAFORCE US $3.32 Buy It Now 3 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS lot o2 USA promo CD singles KING'S X US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - LIVE LOVE IN LONDON * [885417052091] - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.92 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X - Faith Hope Love, Play Tested Audio Cassette US $1.49 [0 bids]
King's X - Ogre Tones [CD New] US $15.31 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X Out of the Silent Planet PROMO USA Cassette Tape Kings US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X: lot of 7 rare live cd's US $20.00 [0 bids]
King's X by King's X (CD, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Valiant - I Get Shotgun CD - Christian Metal King's X Galactic Cowboys US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KING'S X Out of the Silent Planet CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tape Head by King's X (CD, Oct-1998, Metal Blade) US $2.23 Buy It Now 3 days
KING'S X Dogman CD 1994 Atlantic Records Doug Pinnick The Mob Ty Tabor Platypus US $2.00 [0 bids]
KING'S X 'Ear Candy' 13 song cd 1996 US $2.95 [0 bids]
XV [Digipak] by King's X (CD, May-2008, Inside Out Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - Faith Hope Love CD ROCK prog rock rush US $4.00 [0 bids]
Faith Hope Love by King's X (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce US $4.90 [0 bids]
2 CD set: King's X by King's X & Dogman CD both Very Good Free Shipping US $6.99 [0 bids]
KXM : KXM (CD, 2014) KING'S X, GEORGE LYNCH, album, Hard Rock rock US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ear Candy by King's X (CD, May-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.25 [1 bids]
King's X - Ear Candy (cassette) US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X - XV [Digipak] CD 2008 Inside Out US $1.99 [0 bids]
KIng's X - Tape Head CD 1998 Metal Blade * MINT * US $0.99 [0 bids]
Out of the Silent Planet by King's X (CD, Mar-1988, Megaforce) US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
KING'S X 'Please Come Home Mr Bulbous' 10 song cd 2000 US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING's X Live In London 2010 2x CD NEW US $22.86 Buy It Now 4 days
KING'S X - Out Of Silent Planet (CD 1988) USA Pressing /ROCK US $11.47 [0 bids]
King's X - Please Come Home Mr Balbus +1 Bonus JAPAN CD OBI SEALED K93 US $16.99 [0 bids]
King's X S/T CD US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy KING'S X music online Buy KING'S X & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KING'S X DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KING'S X Faith Hope Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(42%)

KING'S X Faith Hope Love reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars King's X were always going to have a job topping their previous album, Gretchen Goes to Nebraka. With Faith Hope Love they give it a good shot but fall a little short though no doubt it's still an excellent album and ranks highly in their back catalogue. All the King's X ingredients are in place - Doug Pinnick's powerful and soulful vocal delivery, the Beatles influenced backing vocals, Ty Tabor's beautifully full bodied inventive chord structures, the heavy riffs and lush arpeggios and Jerry Gaskill's solid dependable drum patterns.

There are many excellent tracks here - It's Love with lead vocals by Tabor and those Beatles style harmonies well in place and instantly catchy hooks. Fine Art Of Friendship is a slowish paced rocker and has a classic Tabor riff which he really works to great effect towards the end, not a guitar solo as such, just really working the riff and building it to a furious conclusion. MoanJam is the most frantic and fastest song in the King's X catalogue, Gaskill really driving it along at an intense speed and a great Tabor extended guitar solo with no rhythm guitar backing, just Gaskill and Pinnick's throbbing bass.

Their first 2 albums packed a powerful punch but here the heavy riffs get more metallic at times like on I Can't Help It during the verse, Talk To You has a great staccato syncopated rhythm on the verse before speeding up for chorus and We Were Born To Be Loved has a similar metallic staccato rhythm in parts.

The title track sees King's X at their most adventurous. To begin nothing really sets it apart from their formulaic approach to slow paced rockers but around one third of the way into this 9 minute song it locks into a section of a repeated vocal line of Faith Hope Love which after another verse returns again with a subtle build to an intense finish. Good but some may feel they overstretch it a bit. After that intense finish an acoustic track, Legal Kill seems an appropriate way to end the album.

Well worth adding to your King's X collection but if your new to the band check out Gretchen Goes To Nebraska and their debut Out of the Silent Planet first.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#183070) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 21, 2008

Review by obiter
5 stars This is the pinnacle of the early phase for me. The stunning Gretchen is all but forgotten with the first chords of We Are Finding Who We Are. the vocal arrangements are smoother as are the musical transitions.

I know in my head that Gretchen is the better prog album and a sure-fire (not as in torches) 5 star, but this just one of those albums which, if it flicks the right switches is well capable of being one of your desert island discs.

It's Love has a Beatles feel to the lyrics, but let's be honest, Kings X aren't the Beatles. I prefer Kings X: Hmm Ty Tabor or George Harrison on lead, now let me think about that one. Gaskill or Starr (let's leave Lennon & McCartney out of this). I'll Never Get Tired of You, is unfortunately the weakest track so one you'll probably get tired of. However, the Fine Art of Friendship has an uplifting drive, with the wailing Pinnick leading the vocals. It's got to be said, he's also got a bit of Satchmo gravel in there. Tremendous.

Moanjam is a real fairground ride of a song: the usual half speed metal sound is played at double speed. Six Broken Soldiers is an excellent vocal track, subdued. I Can't Help is another

Talk to You. It's thrash. No it's Iron Maiden with harmony vocals, no it's thrash, back to Maiden, then Kings X crash the party. the lyrics take us through mundane day to day stuff as life gets on top of the writer who seems to be finding it difficult to talk to ... [fill in blank]: he leaves it with How are you today?

Everywhere I go, a song about Christ: I read the story that you died/I turned the page, you were alive/With hope and love and mostly faith One day I'll see you face to face. Simple, strong, good harmonies. It is followed by the intense and fantastic We Were Born to Be Loved, a track a band I played in once attempted to cover. OK: how tight is that song? Phenomenal. Tighter live if that is possible. Harmony vocals superb, the stops, good grief, the stops. The gaps. This song it just ridiculous it's so good and a pleasure to see live. Be afraid: they take it to a higher level.

Legal Kill, uses a 12-string, woodwind, harmony vocal and straight anti-abortion lyrics. A great song.

Kings X walk the line between evangelizing gospel and rock. I think it's successful. Are the harmonies overdone? Well yes. Is it a bit disjointed? Well yes? Is it essential? Hell yes!

Send comments to obiter (BETA) | Report this review (#183254) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 22, 2008

4 stars I would highly recommend any of their first three albums, so if you want to check them out and see either "Out Of The Silent Planet" , "Gretchen Goes To Nebraska" or "Faith Hope Love" don't hesitate, buy ! This album is longer than the first two, but perhaps not as cohesive as those two.

"We Are Finding Who We Are" really embodies what KING'S X is all about.Very melodic with lots of bottom end and harmonies. Love the closing line "...and sometimes it just makes no sense but I believe, yeah". "It's Love" was a hit for them back in the day. This is one of my top three on this album. Amazing sound to this one, the guitar, bass and vocals are all perfect. This is Beatlesque with crunch. Some raw guitar late. "I'll Never Get Tired Of You" is a laid back song with reserved vocals except on the chorus. "Fine Art Of Friendship" features lots of bottom end and passionate vocals.The instrumental section from about 3 1/2 minutes to the end is fantastic !

"Mr.Wilson" is another top three for me. This is Beatlesque as well, and it makes me feel so good. Some heaviness 1 1/2 minutes in followed by a tasteful guitar solo. Great track. And no it's not about Steven Wilson. "Moanjam" is a song that they had been playing live for years. It's an uptempo drum led tune. Ripping guitar solo 2 1/2 minutes in that goes on and on. This would be amazing to hear live. "Six Broken Soldiers" is a little different with that experimental flavour on the verses which include some guest pipe organ, French horn and cello. "I Can't Help It" is both heavy and catchy. Killer track ! Some good crunch to this one. "Talk To You" is the heaviest song yet. The drumming is a highlight. The sound lightens on the chorus.

"Everywhere I Go" is the other top three tune for me. The words are so meaningful and emotional for me. It's RUSH-like 2 minutes in. Again the final line in the song is full of meaning "everywhere I go I see you there, ah..." "We Were Born To Be Loved" is powerful with lots of energy, I really like the drumming late. "Faith Hope Love" has a nice solid and heavy sound to it. Passionate vocals as well. This is intense and the longest track on here at almost 10 minutes. "Legal Kill" features strummed guitar as vocals come and go. Cello 1 1/2 minutes in and recorder a minute later. Not one of my favs that's for sure.

This is a band who can always brighten my mood and they appeal to my love of heavy music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#187572) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

5 stars For me this is the best King's X album; it still sports the classic sound, i.e. great melodies reminiscent the Beatles mixed with '70 hard rock, but a bit more radio friendly this time. In fact this was their best shot at fame, still ranking as the most successful release they ever had. It con ... (read more)

Report this review (#438522) | Posted by speak | Sunday, April 24, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KING'S X "Faith Hope Love"