FAITH HOPE LOVE

King's X Faith Hope Love album cover

rock music collection

Buy KING'S X Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. We Are Finding Who We Are (4:40)
2. It's Love (4:36)
3. I'll Never Get Tired Of You (3:47)
4. Fine Art of Friendship (4:21)
5. Mr. Wilson (3:39)
6. Moanjam (6:05)
7. Six Broken Soldiers (3:33)
8. I Can't Help It (3:53)
9. Talk to You (4:36)
10. Everywhere I Go (3:54)
11. We Were Born To Be Loved (4:52)
12. Faith Hope Love (9:22)
13. Legal Kill (4:42)

Search KING'S X Faith Hope Love lyrics

Search KING'S X Faith Hope Love tabs

- Doug Pinnick / bass guitar and lead vocals
- Ty Tabor / guitar, sitar, vocals
- Jerry Gaskill / drums, percussion, vocals

Additional musicians:
- Max Dyer / cello (7, 12 & 13)
- Erik Ralske / french horn (7)
- Kemper Crabb / soprano recorder (13)
- Little Willy Sammy Taylor / forward pipe organ (7)
- Wilde Silas Mass Choir featuring Galactic Cowboys / backing vocals (5 & 12)

A2 82145 Megaforce/Atlantic Records
Produced by Sam Taylor & King's X

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

KING'S X MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KING'S X Faith Hope Love Music

Ear CandyEar Candy
Atlantic Records 1996
Out of Silent PlanetOut of Silent Planet
Megaforce / Wea 1990
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska by King's X (Cassette, Jun-1989, Megaforce) US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
KING'S X,CD,Faith,Hope,Love,Megaforce Records 1990,Faith, Hope, Love By Kings X US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
KING'S X - FAITH HOPE LOVE CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
KIng's X - Tape Head CD 1998 Metal Blade * MINT * US $0.99 [0 bids]
Kiss - God Gave Rock & Roll To You II (CD Single 1991) . King's X . Slaughter US $4.21 Buy It Now 7h 26m
KING'S X - DOGMAN - CD Japan w/ OBI US $6.50 [3 bids]
KING'S X - Out Of Silent Planet (CD 1988) USA Pressing /ROCK US $11.37 [0 bids]
11h
Out of the Silent Planet by King's X (CD, Mar-1988, Megaforce) US $11.11 Buy It Now 14h 22m
King's X - Please Come Home Mr Balbus +1 Bonus JAPAN CD OBI SEALED K93 US $9.99 [0 bids]
KING`S X - ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES: DOGMAN / FAITH HOPE LOVE / GRETCHEN GOES TO NE US $23.10 Buy It Now 16h 26m
The Jelly Jam S/T CD dream theater KING'S X US $0.99 [1 bids]
KING'S X / OUT OF THE SILENT PLANET / CASSETTE TAPE / MEGAFORCE US $11.35 Buy It Now 17h 8m
KING'S X - EAR CANDY [KING'S X] [664140288027] - NEW CD US $9.83 Buy It Now 17h 9m
FAITH HOPE LOVE - KING'S X-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - XV (UK) NEW CD US $34.44 Buy It Now 18h 48m
KING'S X - SELF TITLED-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dogman by King's X (Cassette, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $6.50 Buy It Now 19h 39m
KING'S X - "FAITH HOPE LOVE" - CD. US $4.86 [0 bids]
20h
KING'S X-Gretchen Goes to Nebraska(Cassette,1989,Megaforce)Funk-Heavy Metal US $3.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - BUILDING BLOX / 1994 ATLANTIC RECORDS PROMO GREATEST HITS CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Ear Candy CD - MINT! 1996 USA Atlantic 82880-2 US $5.97 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Ear Candy by King's X (CD, May-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Out of the Silent Planet by King's X (CD, Mar-1988, Megaforce) US $9.99 [0 bids]
King's x - Ear Candy cd signed by whole band RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Live Love in London - SEALED U.S. 2 cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of King's X by King's X CD Nov-1997 Atlantic Label Dug Pinnick Ty Tabor US $0.99 [0 bids]
Cassette Tape~~~KING'S X~~~GRETCHEN GOES TO NEBRASKA US $4.99 [0 bids]
King's X, Live All Over the Place Audio CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - Faith Hope Love CD ROCK prog rock rush US $4.00 [0 bids]
KING'S X - Building Blox, 15 track Promo only SAMPLER CD RARE! US $17.99 [0 bids]
King's X - King's X (Cassette 1992, Atalntic) in NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X 'Faith Hope Love' 13 song cd 1990 US $2.95 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - INFLUENCES & CONNECTIONS MR. BIG (2004 CD + BONUS TRK) HEART KING'S X US $6.48 [0 bids]
Out of the Silent Planet by King's X (CD, Mar-1988, Megaforce) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - Dogman / Red Dog Cover - Christian Music CCM Rock Metal CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous by King's X (CD, May-2000, Metal Blade) RARE! US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska by King's X (CD, Jun-1989, Megaforce) US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X by King's X (CD, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith Hope Love by King's X (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce) Rare! US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Dogman by King's X (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) Rare! US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ear Candy by King's X (CD, May-1996, Atlantic) Rare! US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Manic Moonlight by King's X (CD, Sep-2001, Metal Blade) US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith Hope Love by King's X (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce) US $7.75 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X by King's X (CD, Mar-1992, Megaforce) KINGS SELF TITLED DEBUT US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X "Faith, Hope, Love" NEW METAL CD SEALED---13 Tracks US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dogman by King's X (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $7.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith Hope Love by King's X (CD, Oct-1990, Megaforce) US $6.19 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska @1989 Megaforce Cassette US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dogman by King's X (Cassette, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ear Candy by King's X (Cassette, May-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith Hope Love by King's X (Cassette, Oct-1990, Megaforce) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X by King's X (Cassette, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous by King's X (Cassette, May-2000, Metal Blade) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Tape Head by King's X (Cassette, Oct-1998, Metal Blade) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X - Black Like Sunday [CD New] US $14.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Naked [Digipak] signed CD by dUg Pinnick of King's X / KXM / Grinder Blues / PGP US $7.50 [0 bids]
King's X - Ogre Tones CD Rare AUTOGRAPHED by entire band Doug Pinnick Ty Tabor US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
King's X - Xv 2009 [CD New] US $30.47 Buy It Now 1 day
XV, King's X, New US $16.84 Buy It Now 1 day
KING'S X - ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES NEW CD US $34.10 Buy It Now 1 day
* KING'S X - Faith, Hope, Love LIKE NEW 1990 Megaforce records US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dogman by King's X (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) Blue Dog US $4.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Dogman (CD, 1994, Atlantic) Barely Used! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Dogman by King's X (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.80 [0 bids]
KIng's X - Dogman - 1994 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Soundstream Raw 94~RARE Promo Concert Pack w/Temporaty Tattoo~Melvins~King's X US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X - King's X CD US $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska by King's X (VINYL, Jun-1989, Megaforce) US $1.04 [3 bids]
KING'S X - MAGAZINE CENTRESPREAD POSTER (REF CC1) US $8.04 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - MAGAZINE CENTRESPREAD POSTER (REF CC2) US $8.04 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X Dogman 1994 Atlantic 14 SOngs Great Band Check Them OUt US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X by King's X (Cassette, Mar-1992, Megaforce)-NEW US $3.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Platypus - When Pus Comes To Shove CD (SEALED) Dream Theater / King's X US $31.35 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X 'Please Come Home Mr Bulbous' 10 song cd 2000 US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Original Album Series [CD New] US $23.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Cassette - King's X - Gretchen goes to Nebraska - Heavy Metal, Rock US $5.20 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS lot o2 USA promo CD singles KING'S X US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - LIVE LOVE IN LONDON [KING'S X] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.13 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X gretchen goes to nebraska Cassette tape Still Sealed promo US $3.00 [0 bids]
King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X: lot of 7 rare live cd's US $20.00 [0 bids]
KING'S X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska A4 magazine advert (1980's) Kerrang! US $3.17 Buy It Now 2 days
KING'S X - FAITH HOPE LOVE [KING'S X] - NEW CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X - Original Album Series: Dogman / Faith Hope Love / Gret NEW CD US $20.80 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X by King's X (Cassette, Mar-1992, Megaforce) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
King's X - Dogman 1994 Atlantic Records 14 Track CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Ear Candy 1996 Atlantic Records 13 Track CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Faith Hope Love 1990 Megaforce/Atlantic Records 13 Track CD US $0.99 [1 bids]
King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska Original 1989 Megaforce Records 12 Track CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X - S/T King's X Original 1992 Atlantic Records 11 Track CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
King's X - Tape Head Original 1998 Metal Blade Records 13 Track CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X - BEST OF NEW CD US $15.86 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X CD 'Faith, Hope, Love' 1990 Rock Heavy Metal US $1.99 [0 bids]
KING'S X FAITH HOPE LOVE (CD) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KING'S X - Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous CD Sealed US $7.90 [0 bids]
KING'S X - Faith Hope Love - Christian Music CCM - Hard Rock Metal CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X Ear Candy CD album (CDLP) German 7567828802 ATLANTIC 1996 US $17.85 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X Faith Hope Love CD album (CDLP) German 782145-2 MEGAFORCE 1990 US $12.33 Buy It Now 3 days
King's X Manic Moonlight German CD album (CDLP) 3984-14376-2 METAL BLADE 2001 US $17.85 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy KING'S X music online Buy KING'S X & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KING'S X DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KING'S X Faith Hope Love ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(42%)

KING'S X Faith Hope Love reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars King's X were always going to have a job topping their previous album, Gretchen Goes to Nebraka. With Faith Hope Love they give it a good shot but fall a little short though no doubt it's still an excellent album and ranks highly in their back catalogue. All the King's X ingredients are in place - Doug Pinnick's powerful and soulful vocal delivery, the Beatles influenced backing vocals, Ty Tabor's beautifully full bodied inventive chord structures, the heavy riffs and lush arpeggios and Jerry Gaskill's solid dependable drum patterns.

There are many excellent tracks here - It's Love with lead vocals by Tabor and those Beatles style harmonies well in place and instantly catchy hooks. Fine Art Of Friendship is a slowish paced rocker and has a classic Tabor riff which he really works to great effect towards the end, not a guitar solo as such, just really working the riff and building it to a furious conclusion. MoanJam is the most frantic and fastest song in the King's X catalogue, Gaskill really driving it along at an intense speed and a great Tabor extended guitar solo with no rhythm guitar backing, just Gaskill and Pinnick's throbbing bass.

Their first 2 albums packed a powerful punch but here the heavy riffs get more metallic at times like on I Can't Help It during the verse, Talk To You has a great staccato syncopated rhythm on the verse before speeding up for chorus and We Were Born To Be Loved has a similar metallic staccato rhythm in parts.

The title track sees King's X at their most adventurous. To begin nothing really sets it apart from their formulaic approach to slow paced rockers but around one third of the way into this 9 minute song it locks into a section of a repeated vocal line of Faith Hope Love which after another verse returns again with a subtle build to an intense finish. Good but some may feel they overstretch it a bit. After that intense finish an acoustic track, Legal Kill seems an appropriate way to end the album.

Well worth adding to your King's X collection but if your new to the band check out Gretchen Goes To Nebraska and their debut Out of the Silent Planet first.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#183070) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 21, 2008

Review by obiter
5 stars This is the pinnacle of the early phase for me. The stunning Gretchen is all but forgotten with the first chords of We Are Finding Who We Are. the vocal arrangements are smoother as are the musical transitions.

I know in my head that Gretchen is the better prog album and a sure-fire (not as in torches) 5 star, but this just one of those albums which, if it flicks the right switches is well capable of being one of your desert island discs.

It's Love has a Beatles feel to the lyrics, but let's be honest, Kings X aren't the Beatles. I prefer Kings X: Hmm Ty Tabor or George Harrison on lead, now let me think about that one. Gaskill or Starr (let's leave Lennon & McCartney out of this). I'll Never Get Tired of You, is unfortunately the weakest track so one you'll probably get tired of. However, the Fine Art of Friendship has an uplifting drive, with the wailing Pinnick leading the vocals. It's got to be said, he's also got a bit of Satchmo gravel in there. Tremendous.

Moanjam is a real fairground ride of a song: the usual half speed metal sound is played at double speed. Six Broken Soldiers is an excellent vocal track, subdued. I Can't Help is another

Talk to You. It's thrash. No it's Iron Maiden with harmony vocals, no it's thrash, back to Maiden, then Kings X crash the party. the lyrics take us through mundane day to day stuff as life gets on top of the writer who seems to be finding it difficult to talk to ... [fill in blank]: he leaves it with How are you today?

Everywhere I go, a song about Christ: I read the story that you died/I turned the page, you were alive/With hope and love and mostly faith One day I'll see you face to face. Simple, strong, good harmonies. It is followed by the intense and fantastic We Were Born to Be Loved, a track a band I played in once attempted to cover. OK: how tight is that song? Phenomenal. Tighter live if that is possible. Harmony vocals superb, the stops, good grief, the stops. The gaps. This song it just ridiculous it's so good and a pleasure to see live. Be afraid: they take it to a higher level.

Legal Kill, uses a 12-string, woodwind, harmony vocal and straight anti-abortion lyrics. A great song.

Kings X walk the line between evangelizing gospel and rock. I think it's successful. Are the harmonies overdone? Well yes. Is it a bit disjointed? Well yes? Is it essential? Hell yes!

Send comments to obiter (BETA) | Report this review (#183254) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 22, 2008

4 stars I would highly recommend any of their first three albums, so if you want to check them out and see either "Out Of The Silent Planet" , "Gretchen Goes To Nebraska" or "Faith Hope Love" don't hesitate, buy ! This album is longer than the first two, but perhaps not as cohesive as those two.

"We Are Finding Who We Are" really embodies what KING'S X is all about.Very melodic with lots of bottom end and harmonies. Love the closing line "...and sometimes it just makes no sense but I believe, yeah". "It's Love" was a hit for them back in the day. This is one of my top three on this album. Amazing sound to this one, the guitar, bass and vocals are all perfect. This is Beatlesque with crunch. Some raw guitar late. "I'll Never Get Tired Of You" is a laid back song with reserved vocals except on the chorus. "Fine Art Of Friendship" features lots of bottom end and passionate vocals.The instrumental section from about 3 1/2 minutes to the end is fantastic !

"Mr.Wilson" is another top three for me. This is Beatlesque as well, and it makes me feel so good. Some heaviness 1 1/2 minutes in followed by a tasteful guitar solo. Great track. And no it's not about Steven Wilson. "Moanjam" is a song that they had been playing live for years. It's an uptempo drum led tune. Ripping guitar solo 2 1/2 minutes in that goes on and on. This would be amazing to hear live. "Six Broken Soldiers" is a little different with that experimental flavour on the verses which include some guest pipe organ, French horn and cello. "I Can't Help It" is both heavy and catchy. Killer track ! Some good crunch to this one. "Talk To You" is the heaviest song yet. The drumming is a highlight. The sound lightens on the chorus.

"Everywhere I Go" is the other top three tune for me. The words are so meaningful and emotional for me. It's RUSH-like 2 minutes in. Again the final line in the song is full of meaning "everywhere I go I see you there, ah..." "We Were Born To Be Loved" is powerful with lots of energy, I really like the drumming late. "Faith Hope Love" has a nice solid and heavy sound to it. Passionate vocals as well. This is intense and the longest track on here at almost 10 minutes. "Legal Kill" features strummed guitar as vocals come and go. Cello 1 1/2 minutes in and recorder a minute later. Not one of my favs that's for sure.

This is a band who can always brighten my mood and they appeal to my love of heavy music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#187572) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

5 stars For me this is the best King's X album; it still sports the classic sound, i.e. great melodies reminiscent the Beatles mixed with '70 hard rock, but a bit more radio friendly this time. In fact this was their best shot at fame, still ranking as the most successful release they ever had. It con ... (read more)

Report this review (#438522) | Posted by speak | Sunday, April 24, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KING'S X "Faith Hope Love"