Ne Obliviscaris

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Ne Obliviscaris The Aurora Veil album cover

from partners
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2007

1. Tapestry of The Starless Abstract (11:56)
2. Forget Not (11:51)
3. As Icicles Fall (9:26)

Search NE OBLIVISCARIS The Aurora Veil lyrics

- Matt Klavins / guitar
- Brendan Cygnus Brown / bass
- Corey King / guitar

Self Released 1st Edition 2007
Self Released 2nd Edition 2008 (Yet to be released)

Album Art Created by Xenoyr

Thanks to burritounit for the addition
and to Jake Kobrin for the last updates

NE OBLIVISCARIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy NE OBLIVISCARIS The Aurora Veil Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Season of Mist 2014
Portal Of IPortal Of I
Imports 2014
Portal Of I by Ne Obliviscaris (2012-08-07)Portal Of I by Ne Obliviscaris (2012-08-07)
Portal of IPortal of I
Imports 2013

More places to buy NE OBLIVISCARIS music online Buy NE OBLIVISCARIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NE OBLIVISCARIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NE OBLIVISCARIS The Aurora Veil ratings distribution

NE OBLIVISCARIS The Aurora Veil reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "The Aurora Veil" is a selftitled demo EP/album by Melbourne based Australian progressive extreme metal act Ne Obliviscaris. The band is a sextet which includes two vocalists (one of them also plays violin), two guitarists, one bass player and a drummer.

The music is very interesting with both melodic tech death metal parts and more experimental metal parts. The two vocalists bring great variation to the music. The growling/screaming vocals by Xenoyr are powerful and convincing while Im having a hard time enjoying the clean vocals by vocalist/ violinist Tim Charles. His vocal are not very strong. Its probably an aquired taste though. One of the features I noticed right away listening to the music is the brutal and varied drumming by Daniel Presland. Lots of double pedal and and other powerful tricks to keep the music interesting. He is a very skilled drummer. Another dominant feature in the music is the violin by Tim Charles. His skills on a violin are considerable and keeping in mind his not so strong vocals he should probably stick to playing his instrument. Im really impressed by his violin parts.

The production is very good. Better than many official albums from other artists.

If this band havent been offered a record contract yet, theres no justice in this world. They are such a talented and unique band and I cant wait to hear a real studio album from them. Unfortunately the clean vocals by Tim Charles drag my rating down a bit and I really hope he will stop singing and concentrate on his fantastic violin playing which I think is one of the most important and defining features in Ne Obliviscaris music. Without the clean vocals I would have given "The Aurora Veil" 4 stars but as it is now Ill hand out a 3.5 star rating.

5 stars How often do you find demos that are THIS good? Something like this is almost completely freakin' unheard of. Ne Obliviscaris describe their sound as "music of many extremes including darkness, light, intensity, melody, brutalist and beauty." Yeah, that sounds pretentious as [%*!#]. But it's a ... (read more)

Report this review (#226775) | Posted by Scourge441 | Wednesday, July 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I honestly barely ever give out five star ratings but I can't help it for this band. This band is amazing. I mean really. This is a SELF MADE FIRST RELEASE DEMO! I've heard demos for Opeth and Arcturus and several other bands that I love and they all are extremely bad. That is not the case with t ... (read more)

Report this review (#184034) | Posted by Ozzloaf | Monday, September 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NE OBLIVISCARIS "The Aurora Veil"