Dungen

1. Sätt Att Se (4:45)
2. Mälerås Finest (2:22)
3. Det Tar Tid (4:16)
4. Samtidigt 1 (3:15)
5. Ingenting Är Sig Likt (2:59)
6. Fredag (4:20)
7. Finns Det Någon Möjlighet (3:55)
8. Mina Damer Och Fasaner (3:43)
9. Samtidigt 2 (4:39)
10. Bandhagen (3:23)

Search DUNGEN 4 lyrics

Search DUNGEN 4 tabs

- Reine Fiske / guitar, bass
- Mattias Gustavsson / bass
- Johan Holmegard / drums, percussion
- Gustav Ejstes / piano, organ, flute, strings, percussion, vocals

LP Subliminal Sounds (2008 Sweden)
CD Kemado Records (2008 US)

Thanks to Desoc for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

DUNGEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DUNGEN 4 Music

Vinyl$18.80
PandaPanda
Single
Memphis Industries 2013
DUNGEN: Oga Nasa Mun/Highway Wolf 45rpm & Picture Sleeve Third Man TMR065 New US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Tio Bitar [Slipcase] by Dungen (CD, May-2007, Kemado) Sweden Psych Rock Pop US $8.50 [0 bids]
DUNGEN - OGA NASA MUM / HIGHWAY WOLF NEW VINYL US $10.04 Buy It Now 13h 44m
DUNGEN Satt Att Se 12" NEW VINYL Subliminal Sounds LTD US $21.99 Buy It Now 14h 42m
DUNGEN Ta det lugnt - 13 track Swedish 2004 Subliminal CD - SUBCD 10 Psych Folk US $8.79 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt (CD 2005) NEW US $20.23 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Ta Det Lugnt (Universal) [Digipak] by Dungen (CD, Sep-2006, 2 Discs, Kemado) US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
4 by Dungen (CD, Sep-2008, Kemado) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt 3 LP Vinyl Record LP US $86.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DUNGEN 10 Bitar Sublimal 2007 Swedish Prog Psych Sealed Slipcase CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dungen Tio Bitar vinyl LP US $14.49 [2 bids]
DUNGEN - Tio Bitar - (2007 U.S. LP) - SEALED/NEW VINYL US $34.97 Buy It Now 2 days
DUNGEN - SKIT I ALLT NEW VINYL US $25.48 Buy It Now 3 days
TRAD GRAS OCH STENAR Gardet 12.6.1970 CD Swedish Psych dungen baby grandmothers US $8.00 [0 bids]
DUNGEN 4 2008 Swedish 10-track promo CD US $10.13 Buy It Now 3 days
DUNGEN - Ta Det Lugnt (CD 2004) MINT Import Psychedelic Folk Rock US $10.10 Buy It Now 3 days
MAGIC LANTERN : SHOWSTOPPER 7" PSYCH WHITE HILLS DUNGEN EXPO 70 SUN ARAW MUGSTAR US $14.99 [0 bids]
Dungen Ta Det Lugnt RARE 2 Disc Set 18 Track Kemado Records Fuzz Psych CD EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dungen- Skit I Allt [Digipak] CD US $9.56 Buy It Now 4 days
WHITE HILLS : Measured Energy 7" PSYCH DUNGEN EXPO 70 HEADS BARDO WOODEN SHJIPS US $14.99 [0 bids]
Dungen Stadsvandringar CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DUNGEN - PANDA 3 TRK CD SINGLE US $5.05 Buy It Now 5 days
DUNGEN - 4 NEW CD US $18.43 Buy It Now 5 days
4 BY DUNGEN (CD) US $18.20 Buy It Now 5 days
SKIT I ALLT BY DUNGEN (CD) US $18.20 Buy It Now 5 days
TA DET LUGNT BY DUNGEN (CD) US $21.06 Buy It Now 5 days
DUNGEN: Oga, Nasa, Mun / Highway Wolf 45 (PS) Rock & Pop US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DUNGEN: Skit I Allt LP (w/ code for download of entire album, limited edition) US $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen - Panda CD Pop Rock US $8.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar CD Pop Rock US $17.29 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen Oga Nasa Mun USA 7" vinyl single record TMR065 THIRD MAN RECORDS 2011 US $26.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen - 4 [CD New] US $11.66 Buy It Now 6 days
DUNGEN-DUNGEN CD NEW US $17.54 Buy It Now 6 days
DUNGEN Panda +2 2005 Swedish CD Single Scandinavian Retro Psych US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dungen - 4 CD US $15.63 Buy It Now 7 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 7 days
dungen: tio bitar CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Dungen/Satt Att Se/12-inch EP vinyl record/ss US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dungen - Skit I Allt [Vinyl New] US $20.69 Buy It Now 7 days
DUNGEN Satt Att Se lp SEALED Swedish ORiGiNaL "hype" sticker LIMITED 1000 only US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DUNGEN TYST MINUT 12" EP * RARE * LIMITED 500 COPIES ONLY! US $68.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Dungen - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.89 Buy It Now 8 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 8 days
DUNGEN - PANDA NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 8 days
DUNGEN Panda/Tyst Minut/Jamna Plagor CD single Ta Det Lugnt US $3.36 Buy It Now 8 days
Tio Bitar - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.13 Buy It Now 9 days
4 - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.20 Buy It Now 9 days
Ta Det Lugnt Universal Digipak Dungen LN 3DayShip-AddlCDsShipFree CD US $12.04 Buy It Now 10 days
DUNGEN festival CD 2 track promo b/w sjutton (mi060p) info stickered card sleeve US $8.42 Buy It Now 10 days
LIFE ON EARTH! Look!! There Is... NEW SEALED CD Swedish psych Dungen The Works US $13.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Ta Det Lugnt by Dungen (CD, Jun-2004, Subliminal) PROG SPACE JAM MINT US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dungen Skit I Allt LP sealed vinyl + download Mexican Summer limited US $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Ta Det Lugnt - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.41 Buy It Now 11 days
Melodic Today (CD) Dungen Topo Gigio Hulk Wren L. Pierre Pedro DNCN Transelement US $10.11 Buy It Now 12 days
Skit I Allt - Dungen US $10.18 Buy It Now 13 days
Skit I Allt - Dungen New & Sealed CD US $16.50 Buy It Now 13 days
DUNGEN - SKIT I ALLT [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.66 Buy It Now 13 days
DUNGEN "Oga Nasa Mun" 7" VINYL SINGLE 45 Third Man ~ Highway Wolf TMR065 EX US $4.98 Buy It Now 14 days
4 by Dungen (CD, Sep-2008, Kemado) US $8.69 Buy It Now 14 days
DUNGEN Öga Näsa Mun 7" NEW Dead Weather Mars Volta wolfmother guild landberk US $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Dungen ?- Stadsvandringar RARE CD SWEDISH PSYCH PROG MINT MPORT US $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Dungen: Tio Bitar [Slipcase] ~ Very Good CD (2007, Kemado) US $4.38 Buy It Now 14 days
Skit I Allt [Digipak] by Dungen (CD, Sep-2010, Mexican Summer) US $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
MOTORPSYCHO BEHIND THE SUN 2LP+CD *WHITE* DUNGEN HAWKWIND NEKTAR PSYCH / PROG US $40.99 Buy It Now 15 days
VARIOUS och har ar dungen dar goken gol LP Mint- PY 842 563 Vinyl 1969 Record US $27.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen - Swedish Psychedelic - TIO BITAR CD - New US $8.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen- Ta Det Lugnt CD Swedish Psych US $8.72 Buy It Now 15 days
DUNGEN, SKIT I ALLT, MINT, MEXICAN SUMMER, FAST FREE US SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt 2x LP Vinyl US $79.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar [CD New] US $13.54 Buy It Now 16 days
DUNGEN - DUNGEN - NEW CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 16 days
Speak Up - Ben Van Den Dungen - CD - NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $10.56 Buy It Now 16 days
(7") DUNGEN - Skit I Allt [Box Set] / 5 x 7" / Edition 500 / Sweden Import / NEW US $85.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Skit I Allt - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.41 Buy It Now 17 days
V/A " NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MEMPHIS " CD PROMO ALBUM DUNGEN ABSENTEE PIPETTES US $2.53 Buy It Now 17 days
Dungen [CD New] US $17.03 Buy It Now 17 days
Dungen CD US $19.55 Buy It Now 18 days
DUNGEN NEW CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Stadsvandringar, Dungen, New US $6.78 Buy It Now 20 days
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR NEW CD US $20.71 Buy It Now 20 days
DUNGEN "TA DET LUGNT" GUSTAV EJSTES KARIN PALM KONST & RAMAR FREW TAHACD ALBUM US $8.99 Buy It Now 21 days
DUNGEN 'Ta Det Lugnt' CD US $13.90 Buy It Now 21 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar - CD (DEW908000 Subliminal 2007) US $23.23 Buy It Now 21 days
DUNGEN 1999-2001 1:st album &previously unreleased... SUBCD-16 2005 Sealed CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
DEPARTMENT OF EAGLES baikonour DUNGEN john stammers NUCLEAR FREE CITY CD SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 23 days
THE AMAZING-GENTLE STREAM-RARE U.S. ADVANCE PROMO CD-2012-SWEDISH-Dungen-14 TRKS US $3.50 Buy It Now 23 days
DUNGEN**SKIT I ALLT(LTD ED/DOWNLOAD CODE)**VINYL US $21.69 Buy It Now 23 days
Panda - Dungen New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $10.58 Buy It Now 23 days
Tio Bitar [Slipcase] by Dungen (CD, May-2007, Kemado) US $10.59 Buy It Now 24 days
VARIOUS och har ar dungen dar goken gol LP VG+ PY 842 563 Vinyl 1969 Record US $18.00 Buy It Now 24 days
DUNGEN- Satt Att Se [EP] 12 inch Vinyl LP (Mexican Summer) Psych NEW/SEALED US $23.95 Buy It Now 24 days
DUNGEN**SKIT I ALLT (DIGI)**CD US $15.39 Buy It Now 24 days
Dungen - Skit I Allt [CD New] US $11.66 Buy It Now 24 days
Dungen - Skit I Allt CD US $15.31 Buy It Now 25 days
DUNGEN - SKIT I ALLT NEW CD US $18.43 Buy It Now 25 days
DUNGEN - PANDA [SINGLE] (5050954108920) - NEW CD US $1.40 Buy It Now 25 days
DUNGEN Oga Nasa Mun/Highway Wolf 45 single Third Man US $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Dungen - Skit I Altt LP NEW w/mp3 virgin Mexican Summer limited edition numbered US $23.99 Buy It Now 25 days
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR NEW VINYL US $40.38 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy DUNGEN music online Buy DUNGEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DUNGEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DUNGEN 4 ratings distribution

DUNGEN 4 reviews

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Hmm, over 4 on the Prog scale here - 7 ratings, no review........Swedish Psych-Proggers DUNGEN are the brainchild of one Gustav Ejstes - composer, vocalist and multi- instrumentalist. On board he has a fine selection of talents, including Reine Fiske on guitar whose credentials read from LANDBERK, MORTE MACABRE and PAATOS, all fantastic bands which benefitted from his prescence. The rhythm section of Mattias Gustavsson (Bass) and Johan Holmegard (Drums/Perc.) supplies a vibrant, solid and exciting back-bone on several of the compositions here but it's mainly Ejstes & Fiske's show. All songs fall under 5 minutes, but to be honest, they need not be longer. The sound is unique ; quite raw - yet clean, retro - yet modern, and the structures of the tracks are never eleborated or expanded beyond the service of the songs, many which feature quite catchy melodies and range from the heavier end to light and airy. Ejstes' vocals are in Swedish and he owns a great voice and contributes effective piano and organ touches here and there. Many instrumentals appear sporadically throughout, almost sounding like excerpts from longer work-outs, and they mainly show-case Fiske's 'refined wrecklessness' with his guitar, all blisteringly performed and impressive as always, and backed with fine bass and percussive work. 'Samtidigt 2' is one of the best jams I've heard in quite some time. 4.5 stars for this choice, fifth outing by the boys, called '4'.

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#433094) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011

4 stars Interesting that my review follows Tom Ozric's because he's the one who moved me to purchase this album. It's not that i'm unfamiliar with this Swedish band it's just that I was pretty content with the 4 records by them I already own. Well Tom was right about how good this one is, in fact it's now in my top three from them and follows only the debut which is still my favourite.

"Satt Att Se" opens with Reine creating a lot of fuzz with his guitar as the vocals come in followed by strings and more. This is very psychedelic. Excellent stuff. "Maleras Finest" is more of the same really only this is an instrumental. This is all so good then we get "Det Tar Tid" with more fuzzed out guitars as the vocals join in. I really like when the piano arrives. A beautiful song.

"Samtidgt 1" is where they crank it up several notches with some wicked guitar and a heavier sound. "Ingenting Ar Sig Likt" is dreamy with some guest female vocals from Anna Jarvinen. "Fredag" sounds great when the drums come in. "Finns Det Nagon Mojlighet" opens with some abrasive distortion then a catchy beat with vocals takes over. "Mina Damer Och Fasaner" has piano and a heavy beat followed by vocals. Some nice flute and piano as well more vocals from Anna. "Samtidigt 2" is another dreamy number and I love the guitar. "Bandhagen" is a relaxed song with piano, flute, organ and percussion.

A solid 4 stars maybe even closer to 4 .5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#607854) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review by HolyMoly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl and Canterbury Teams
4 stars Two months ago, I purchased this album, not having heard a note of the band's music, just based on recommendations here at PA. Within a week I had all six of their albums, and although it's only late February, it's probably a safe guess that this band will be my greatest new discovery for 2013 (5 years after the release of this album, but better late then never, right?). Possibly because this album was "first" for me, it still remains the benchmark by which I evaluate their other work, and even after dozens of listens (including a self-imposed month of NOT listening to it, in order to not wear out its welcome), the magic of this album has not diminished a bit for me.

"Dungen 4" is actually the band's fifth album; though I believe one of the earlier albums may officially be an archival, post-hoc release of early material. No matter: this is Dungen reaching an apex of creativity. Having mastered the art of creating a warm, direct-from-1968 psychedelic sound on his first couple of releases, Gustav Ejstes eventually formed a stable band lineup by the time of the third album (the breakthrough "Ta Det Lugnt"), and then this band proceeded to add layers of subtlety and ornate arrangement into the pieces, even as the pieces became shorter and more succinct. This mature approach is epitomized on this album, which includes ten short songs totaling less than 40 minutes, yet most of these songs contain even more musical content than the seven minute monsters they were churning out just a couple of years prior.

The opening track, "Sätt Att Se", kicks off the album in much the same way that "Airbag" kicked off Radioheads "OK Computer" album: a thick haze of sound framing a moody piano ballad, with strings and piano providing the jazzy harmonics, bass and drums maintaining a quiet but steady pulse, and Reine Fiske's lead guitar creating the kind of palpable texture that only Fiske can provide (see his multitude of other projects for elaboration on this). "Målerås Finest" is next, taking things to an even more poignant level, Ejstes' piano taking the lead on an instrumental, for a sad, simple melody. Track 3 "Det Tar Tid" follows, picking up the pace just a little - the big WOW factor on this track is achieved from the close vocal harmonies, pushing this complex little miniature to ecstatic heights. "Samtidigt 1" is the first of two excerpts from an improvised guitar jam included on this album, and it pumps up the rock quotient considerably and gives Reine Fiske a chance in the spotlight with full-on squalor (the full 15 minute "Samtidigt" from which the two excerpts was taken was also released as an EP in its own right - well worth seeking out). "Imgenting Ar Sig Likt" (track 5) closes the first half of the album in a relatively unremarkable way - this kind of unmemorable atmospheric piece seems to be precisely the kind of tune that Dungen is usually so adept at avoiding; still, it's at least pleasant if a bit uneventful.

The second half of the album begins with the only other track on the album that doesn't WOW me, the instrumental "Fredag". Unlike the prior song, plenty of drama occurs in this piece; however, the main melody introduced by Fiske's echoed slide guitar just sounds a little too close to Morris Albert's "Feelings" for comfort ("Feelings... nothing more than Feelings..." augghh!). Still, not a deal breaker by any means. And the closing four tracks which follow meet or exceed the high level of quality set in the first few tracks. "Finns Det Någon Möjlighet" (track 7) and "Mina Damer Och Fasaner" (track 8) bring back the spine chilling vocal harmonies, compelling yet complex melodic themes, and thickly baroque instrumental arrangements. "Samtidigt 2" comes next, the second excerpt from the aforementioned guitar jam, this time occupying a surprisingly Santana/Allman Brothers-like territory. "Bandhagen" closes the album with a simple, piano-led (with Mellotron and celeste providing counterpoint) instrumental that seems like a more optimistic take on the sad piano piece from Track 2. A very appropriately understated ending to an album which never tries to overwhelm the listener, but rather aims to give the listener a rich, nutritious tray of musical hors d'oerves with a full array of flavors that satisfies, but doesn't fill you up. Hmm, it must be getting near lunch time.

I'll give this a very high 4. The album sags just a wee bit in the middle, but apart from a couple of less than stellar tracks, the other eight tracks have some of the most richly accomplished and ear-pleasing music I've heard in recent years. How Swede it is!

Send comments to HolyMoly (BETA) | Report this review (#920083) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013

5 stars Having recently realized what a genius REINE FISKE is, I've been trying to backtrack through anything and everything he's touched in the past 20 years. (LANDBERK, MORT MACABRE, PÄATOS, THE AMAZING, DUNGEN--are there more? If so, please let me know!!) Having now been through the Dungen catalogue, ... (read more)

Report this review (#582202) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, December 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DUNGEN "4"