LIVE AT MONTREUX 1986

Buy TALK TALK Music
DVD/Video, released in 2008

1. Talk Talk (4.02)
2. Dum Dum Girl (3.44)
3. Call In The Night Boy (6.56)
4. Tomorrow Started (7.39)
5. My Foolish Friend (4.45)
6. Life's What You Make It (4.37)
7. Does Caroline Know (8.12)
8. It's You (4.02)
9. Living In Another World (7.54)
10. Give It Up (5.49)
11. It's My Life (7.42)
12. I Don't Believe in You (5.20)
13. Such A Shame (8.30)

- Ian Curnow / piano
- Rupert Black / keyboards
- Phil Reis / percussion
- Leroy Williams / percussion

DVD Edel Records EDE497127 (2008 Austria)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

TALK TALK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TALK TALK Live At Montreux 1986 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Spirit of EdenSpirit of Eden
Parlophone 1998
Laughing StockLaughing Stock
Polydor / Umgd 1991
Natural History:   The Very Best of Talk TalkNatural History: The Very Best of Talk Talk
Parlophone 1990

More places to buy TALK TALK music online Buy TALK TALK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TALK TALK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TALK TALK Live At Montreux 1986 ratings distribution

TALK TALK Live At Montreux 1986 reviews

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars I had no hesitation chasing down this DVD , as my palm was itching upon reading a rather glowing review here on PA by 'daniel 1974nl', a clear omen that compelled me to go the extra mile. I am totally unashamed and even snobbily proud of my devout Roxy Music fascination as it kept me always firmly in line with my severe prog tendencies through 4 decades (and my prog collection seems to be the envy of the uncivilized world!) and I have many Roxy inspired offshoots that I deeply enjoy ( Japan, ABC, Simple Minds and Talk Talk) . While perhaps their smash single "It's My Life" may be perceived as a huge turnoff to some prog fans, truth is that Mark Hollis is a huge talent (as proven by his latter, more ambient and brilliant material) and this DVD amply proves why the adulation is fully deserved . The hit single was OK by my strict standards but I was immediately seduced by some other songs on that album, namely Renée, Caroline Knows, DumDum Girl, the magnificent Call in the Nightboy, Tomorrow Started, Such a Shame, It's You and deeply impressed by the sterling tracks from Color of Spring, Life is What You Make It and Living in Another World. The DVD Live in Montreux (the prestigious Swiss musical event in that gorgeous Swiss town on the lake) is a spellbinding visual document that demonstrates the prodigious voice of Mark Hollis, who turned out to have influenced a few prog microphones ( Jan Robert Ohme of Gazpacho and Steve Hoggarth of Marillion, among others) and his hypnotic intensity displayed in a live setting! Wow indeed! Yes, it's somewhat poppy but the stellar crew on hand shows some superb chops, namely guitarist John Turnbull, the 2 keyboardists Ian Curnow and Rupert Black and the 2 percussionists (Leroy Williams and Phil Reis). Bassman Paul Webb is a groove meister and mad drummer Lee Harris really gets into it; watching their intensity is as overwhelming as the whole Hollis experience. As I know this material inside out, I cannot remember the last time I sang through an entire DVD, foot stomping, hips weaving and eyes bowed in ecstasy. Even savvy, experienced proggers like yours truly need a little fun and just plain enjoyment from time to time, you know! Even the most über-progger has his personal fun records (not telling anyone BTW!) This is quickly turning out to be one of my finest "off the wall" purchases and I certainly do not regret it. I can Talk Talk all night glowingly about this delirious visual document but in one word, seek it out and you will be swayed. A breakaway overtime winner , 5 Swiss Rolexes.

Send comments to tszirmay (BETA) | Report this review (#218705) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 28, 2009

5 stars I already had a taste of Talk Talk's live capabilities in 2000 when they released London 1986.....Already totally overblows by the the live capabilities......turning song that already were masterpieces into even greater pieces.......But with this concert....the bar has been raised even higher... ... (read more)

Report this review (#209356) | Posted by Daniel1974nl | Tuesday, March 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TALK TALK "Live At Montreux 1986"