ROCKET COTTAGE

- Bob Johnson / guitar
- Niguel Pegrum/ Drums

1996 CD BGO 318
1976 LP Chrysalis CHR-1123

Thanks to zafreth for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

STEELEYE SPAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEELEYE SPAN Rocket Cottage Music

A Parcel of Steeleye SpanA Parcel of Steeleye Span
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Another Parcel of Steeleye SpanAnother Parcel of Steeleye Span
EMI Import 2010
Wintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry PratchettWintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry Pratchett
Park UK 2013
Shanachie 1989
STEELEYE SPAN - ALL AROUND MY HAT NEW CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 37m 3s
MADDY PRIOR Changing Winds LP Steeleye Span US $18.67 Buy It Now 39m 4s
MADDY PRIOR Woman In The Wings LP Steeleye Span US $22.07 Buy It Now 39m 4s
STEELEYE SPAN All around my hat/Black Jack Davy 7" Vinyl 45 Single US $2.46 Buy It Now 51m 58s
STEELEYE SPAN - ALL AROUND MY HAT [STEELEYE SPAN] [016351795922] - NEW CD US $12.11 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Steeleye Span - In Concert - 2 CD US $6.77 [1 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN storm force ten on Vinyl (list#1080 US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
STEELEYE SPAN live at last! on Vinyl (store#1164) US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
STEELEYE SPAN now we are six on Vinyl (list#1065) US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
STEELEYE SPAN ALL AROUND MY HAT 1975 VINYL LP*SUPERB NEAR MINT ITEM THROUGHOUT US $15.19 Buy It Now 2h 39m
STEELEYE SPAN LIVE AT LAST CHRYSALIS 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Parcel of Rogues by Steeleye Span (CD, Oct-1990, Shanachie Records) US $11.53 Buy It Now 3h 59m
12 Steeleye span Record LP's. 33 RPM Some Import US $250.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
All Around My Hat by Steeleye Span (CD, Jun-1989, Shanachie Records) US $12.17 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Time by Steeleye Span (CD, Apr-1996, Shanachie Records) US $11.78 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Another Parcel of Steeleye Span (Their Second Five Chrysalis Albums... US $20.14 Buy It Now 4h 31m
They Called Her Babylon by Steeleye Span (CD, Mar-2004, Park Records (UK)) US $11.95 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Steeleye Span ?- Now We Are Six LP Vinyl Shanachie 79060 US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Steeleye Span, Ten Men Mop, 1991 reissue, Made in UK, vinyl+cover NM++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span- Lark In The Morning: The Early Years CD (2 Discs) OOP US $87.96 Buy It Now 7h 18m
STEELEYE SPAN Below The Salt CHRYSALIS NM/NM- US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat Dutch 7" vinyl single record 104.942 CHRYSALIS US $21.97 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Steeleye Span - Parcel Of Rogues CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 12h 24m
Vintage 8 track cassettes x 30 cased Abba Beatles Steeleye Span EL US $25.44 [0 bids]
GAY AND TERRY WOODS Tender Hooks LP Steeleye Span Irish Pressing Kate McGarrigle US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 34m
STEELEYE SPAN COMMONERS CROWN SIGNED LP SIGNED MADDY PRIOR RARE VINYL RECORD US $23.75 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat [CD New] US $15.09 Buy It Now 16h 26m
STEELEYE SPAN The Best Of Steeleye Span LP EX+ UK 1984 Chrysalis Records US $13.56 Buy It Now 16h 39m
STEELEYE SPAN Dogs And Ferrets - Cassette U.S. press1983 - no pentagle fairport US $3.95 Buy It Now 16h 58m
STEELEYE SPAN STORM FORCE TEN 1977 VINYL LP + INSERT NEAR MINT ITEM THROUGHOUT US $15.19 Buy It Now 18h 41m
1st Press UK A1/B1 1972 STEELEYE SPAN individually & collectively LP Mint- CS 5 US $14.40 Buy It Now 19h 14m
Steeleye Span(Vinyl LP)Almanack-Charisma-CS 12-UK-VG/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 19h 22m
MADDY PRIOR & TIM HART summer solstice CD STEELEYE SPAN US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
STEELEYE SPAN-PARCEL OF ROGUES 1973 CHRYSALIS REC. GATEFOLD LP CHR 1046 EXC. VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
STEELEYE SPAN**BELOW THE SALT**CD US $17.79 Buy It Now 20h 37m
STEELEYE SPAN - SPANNING THE YEARS - VERY GOOD PLUS 2 CD SET US $7.00 Buy It Now 22h 3m
STEELEYE SPAN ~ TEN MAN MOP OR...** 1971 UK 1st PEGASUS LP w/ BOOKLET US $2.04 [2 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN ~ PLEASE TO SEE THE KING ** 1971 UK 1st B&C LP US $1.68 [1 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN ~ BELOW THE SALE ** 1972 UK 1st CHRYSALIS LP US $1.68 [0 bids]
The Steeleye Span Story "Original Masters" Chrysalis CH21136 - Gatefold - Vinyl US $5.00 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN GAUDETE ORIGINAL UK 7" SINGLE EXCELLENT US $4.41 Buy It Now 22h 34m
STEELEYE SPAN - NOW WE ARE SIX AGAIN NEW CD US $27.15 Buy It Now 22h 37m
STEELEYE SPAN "LIVE AT LAST" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 58m
Steeleye Span Parcel of Rogues Vinyl Record Chrysalis CHR 1046 US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h
STEELEYE SPAN HARK! THE VILLAGE WAIT + INSERT OG UK ST RCA LP 1E/3E MINT US $11.03 [2 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN all around my hat LP VG+ Promo Label CHR 1091 Vinyl w/ Insert US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 21m
STEELEYE SPAN please to see the king LP VG BTS 2004 Vinyl 1971 Record US $7.20 Buy It Now 23h 23m
STEELEYE SPAN 1971 please/king ORGL US PROMOTIONAL LP MADDY PRIOR BRIT FOLK LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Silly Sisters No More to the Dance June Tabor & Maddy Prior Steeleye Span US $14.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN ALL AROUND MY HAT chrysalis 75 -A-B orig Lp + insert EX+ US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN BELOW THE SALT chrysalis 72 A-3U B-1U Lp EX+ US $16.96 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN parcel of rogues LP VG+ CHR 1046 Vinyl 1973 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Folk Rock Pioneers [CD New] US $16.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - The Lark in the Morning: The Early Years 2CD free US shipping! US $24.00 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN 1975 All Around My Hat NEW/SEALED UK ISSUE LP US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat CHR1091 A2 / B2 vinyl plays VG + insert 70s PROG US $1.68 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span ?- Hark! The Village Wait ; Chyrsalis CHR 1120 vinyl LP Mint- US $11.00 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span ?- Please To See The King : Chyrsalis CHR 1119 vinyl LP US $9.00 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat vinyl LP 1975 MFSL US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN NOW WE ARE SIX ULTRA RARE UK CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Live At Last Chrysalis Records CHR 1199 US $15.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - Journey [CD New] US $21.84 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - LIVE AT LAST ! LP - 1978 - CANADA US $1.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - BELOW THE SALT LP - 1972 - CANADA US $2.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span ?- Rocket Cottage Chyrsalis CHR 1123 vinyl LP Mint- US $7.00 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Now we are Six unknown 70's celtic rock Maddy Prior US $5.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Gone To Australia on tour 1975-84 CD ( 2001 ) RARE / OOP US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat / Gaudete 7" Single Release! US $4.71 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - LIVE AT LAST! - US $9.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span All around my hat LP CHR1091 EX/EX UK US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Rocket cottage LP CHR1123 VG/EX UK US $18.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat. 1975 UK Chrysalis LP Ex! US $5.08 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - TIME NEW CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Below the Salt - Steeleye Span - Sealed US $28.08 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 3586-1 US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN original 10x8 inch promo press photo photograph 3586-2 US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Time CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Please to See the King - Steeleye Span - Sealed US $28.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span All around my hat 7" CHS2078 /VG UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Storm Force Ten folk prog LP US $8.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Best Of Steeleye Span CD US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Journey CD US $24.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat - LP Vinyl Record US $8.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat VG+++ Near Mint Vinyl Record + Insert US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - ALL AROUND MY HAT - CDGOLD1009 US $8.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - SPANNING THE YEARS - CDCHR6093 US $16.96 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - All Around My Hat - Excellent Con LP Record Chrysalis CHR 1091 US $13.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Storm force ten UK VINYL LP US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six Again [CD New] US $20.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Another Parcel Of Steeleye Span (Their Second Five [CD New] US $23.07 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - COLLECTION - PRKCD27 US $19.22 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - PLEASE TO SEE THE KING , MOONCREST 1971 , EX/EX ,LP US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
BIB & TUCK Maddy Prior + Girls of Steeleye Span Rare CD 2002 Folk collectable US $18.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Martin Carthy Crown of Horn LP Topic UK 12TS300 Stereo Steeleye Span US $24.98 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN - JOURNEY NEW CD US $31.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN Original Masters Double Vinyl LP Chrysalis CJT3 US $20.35 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN - PARCEL OF ROGUES , CHRYSALIS GREEN 1973 , EX/VG++ ,LP US $7.55 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN - LIVE AT LAST , CHRYSALIS 1978 , VG++/VG++ ,LP US $7.55 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN: "NOW WE ARE SIX" - CHRYSALIS 1974 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN LP Parcel of Rogues 1973 Chrysalis folk rock US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy STEELEYE SPAN music online Buy STEELEYE SPAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEELEYE SPAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEELEYE SPAN Rocket Cottage ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

STEELEYE SPAN Rocket Cottage reviews

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
4 stars As the 70s proceeded, Steeleye Span became more rock-folk than folk-rock, adding ever denser bass, drums and rhythm guitars and a more aggressive attitude. Yet even by this late stage, they held steadfast to their goal of bringing traditional songs and dances to life. Unfortunately, the whole pop music world had changed drastically just in the year since the hugely successful "All Around my Hat", and it seemed there was no longer much market for music of Steeleye's ilk. As a result, although "Rocket Cottage" is a superb hard folk effort, and more consistent than its predecessor, it seems to have been largely ignored.

While "London" has as strong a pedigree as anything the group has done, I don't find the sing songy style working as well for Steeleye at this stage. Instead, "Orfeo/Nathan's Reel" and "The Brown Girl" have a greater impact, with more incorporation of lighter progressive elements in the form of changes of pace and alternating moods and instrumentation. In addition, the band's choice of traditional material has been fine tuned at this point, as well as their ability to match the appropriate vocalist to the material, rendering "The Twelve Witches" and "Sir James the Rose" among Tim Hart's best contributions as member, ably backed by Maddy on the chorus of the latter. The listener really wants to know the peculiar powers of each of the twelve witches and the gory fate of Sir James. In the instrumental department, "Sligo Maid" is miles ahead of the mostly tepid and rote work we've seen on prior recordings, with driving electric guitar and fiddle working in unison, and syncopated bass and drums. Sure one can hear the influence of the disco era in the wah wah guitars, but when have we heard them with cascading fiddles and a traditional Irish tune that gets stuck in your head for days?

While it may not have a catchy "hit" like "All Around my Hat", "Rocket Cottage" is fueled by greater energy and enthusiasm and may be of more interest to fans here simply for its punchier approach and small "p" progressive arrangements.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#186246) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 18, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Minstrels in space

For some reason Rocket Cottage is an album that is harder to find than the immediately preceding albums by Steeleye Span as well as many later albums. But finally I got my hands on this one and I must say that it was worth my while as this is one of the band's most progressive albums and also a definite improvement over the misguided attempt to cross into the commercial with All Around My Hat. Indeed, I would say that together with Now We Are Six and Commoner's Crown, Rocket Cottage is the best of Steeleye Span's first decade as a recording and performing unit.

Over a series of several albums since the early 70's there was a clear progression in the music of Steeleye Span with each album from Below The Salt onwards adding further and further Rock elements including of course electric guitars first and then drums and even some discrete keyboards while also expanding their versions of traditional material giving them more adventurous arrangements. Sadly, they also mixed in some Pop elements by making a few covers of modern songs and they even had a hit with the title track from All Around My Hat. Thankfully, there is no obvious attempt to repeat that on Rocket Cottage but London is the closest they get. The sillyness of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and To Know Him Is to Love Him from Now We Are Six and New York Girls from Commoner's Crown is represented by the short tune at the start of The Drunkard (I don't know the name of the tune, but I recognize it.)

For Rocket Cottage they but opt instead of continuing their interesting fusion of Folk and Rock. The music here leans slightly more towards the Rock than to the Folk compared to all their earlier albums. Rocket Cottage is also slightly heavier than any earlier album and the electric guitar sound is much improved over their early experiments with the instrument. The vocal arrangements are complex on a cappella songs like The Bosnian Hornpipes. There are some sparse keyboards here as well, though not very much. Any fan of Prog Folk should be able to like this fine album!

Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#276114) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 03, 2010

Post a review of STEELEYE SPAN "Rocket Cottage"