SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Shinki Chen & Friends Shinki Chen & Friends album cover

Buy SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. The Dark Sea Dream (4:51)
2. Requiem Of Confusion (4:21)
3. Freedom Of A Mad Paper Lantern (3:10)
4. Gloomy Reflections (3:56)
5. It Was Only Yesterday (4:30)
6. Corpse (5:14)
7. Farewell To Hypocrites (13:28)

Search SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Shinki Chen & Friends lyrics

Search SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Shinki Chen & Friends tabs

- Shinki Chen / guitar, bass, drums, piano
- George Yanagi / bass, vocals
- Shinichi Nogi / drums
- Hiro Yanagida / keyboards

LP Polydor MR 5003 (1971 Japan)
CD World Psychedelia WPC6-8486 (2005 South Korea)
CD USM Japan UPCY-6344 (2007 Japan)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Shinki Chen & Friends Music

More places to buy SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS music online Buy SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Shinki Chen & Friends ratings distribution

SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS Shinki Chen & Friends reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars One of Japanese junkie travelers SHINKI CHEN exploded his electric guitar and his friends and HIMSELF!

I suggest this eccentric work should have realized a dream of Ikuzo Orita (one of sharp-sighted directors of Polydor). He might always hope that he change Japanese Rock scene drastically and let SHINKI CHEN one of worldwide guitar heroes. Regretfully Shinki was a hermit and a junkie traveler. His selfish action might sometimes let himself into hiding and make this recording harder. Whatever it would go, his talent for the guitar and his aggressiveness for the rock world both were surprisingly great. Shinki and his skilled friends maybe played together with drug or speed...songs in this album show obviously their trippin' out. The first track The Dark Sea Dream is characterized by lazy and freaky guitar and piano sounds with playing an open reel into reverse. We can enjoy this uselessly long and so much boring trip (sorry!). Wow, heavy riff of George Yanagi's bass and voice, Shinichi's drums, and Shinki's sharp-edged guitar produce a bluesy blues Requiem Of Confusion. In those days, Japanese guitar freaks might feel so cool I suggest. Next Freedom of A Mad Paper Lantern has a style like Old Brown Shoe by The Beatles, lots of Japanese's fave. Suppose Shinki should hope he get to be cool and attractive for all rock freaks. In Gloomy Reflections earsplitting keyboard solo impresses us deeply and other instruments are behind the keyboard. In this sense Hiro Yanagida (keyboard) should be another hero in this work. On the contrary, harsh sound effect in It Was Only Yesterday breaks Shinki's wonderful guitar solo...what would they want to do? Corpse is, as the song be titled, a song with Shinki's depressive and dissipated guitar solo. He's a brilliant player but never a hypocrite. Yes, with the last track Farewell To Hypocrites he could get crazier as a guitarist and a junkie. The beginning part is exactly a heavy progressive song. Wait! From the middle part, Shinki's guitar show opens! In the part are full of his skill and passion for guitar play and rock scene we can feel evidently. And his guitar be more exploded and more speedy in the last part. ABSOLUTELY FREAK OUT!

This album MUST be one of basic items of Japan Psychedelic Rock and ADDICTIVELY recommended by DamoXt7942. :-)

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#216684) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5 stars Shinki Chen & Friends... looking on video sharing posts now, one sees comments like " I listen to it every day; it gets me where I need to be"... that being the case, I am deeply concerned for such people. Needless to say, I can relate. I'm using the five-star rating sparingly, but I do belie ... (read more)

Report this review (#308844) | Posted by judan_maiku | Sunday, November 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SHINKI CHEN & FRIENDS "Shinki Chen & Friends"