GALACTIC COWBOYS

Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. I'm Not Amused (6:25)
2. My School (6:42)
3. Why Can't You Believe in Me (6:33)
4. Kaptain Krude (5:56)
5. Someone for Everyone (6:26)
6. Sea of Tranquility (7:22)
7. Kill Floor (5:06)
8. Pump Up the Space Suit (1:19)
9. Ranch on Mars Reprise (2:10)
10. Speak to Me (11:31)

Search GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys lyrics

Search GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys tabs

- Monty Colvin / vocals/bass
- Ben Huggins / guitar
- Dane Sonnier / guitars
- Alan Doss / drums

CD Geffen (1991)

GALACTIC COWBOYS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys Music

EP · Import
Metal Blade 1996
The Horse That Bud BoughtThe Horse That Bud Bought
Metal Blade 1997
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1993, Geffen) US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Galactic Cowboys "If I were a Killer" digipack promo CD 1993 Geffen Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 49m
Galactic Cowboys : Feel the Rage CD (1999) US $4.34 Buy It Now 15h 42m
GALACTIC COWBOYS at the end of the day CD SEALED 1998 US $22.50 Buy It Now 18h 34m
GALACTIC COWBOYS feel the rage CD SEALED 1996 US $22.50 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1993, Geffen) US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Horse That Bud Bought by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) US $2.99 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS-The Awful Truth-HOUSTON TX.heavy metal/ROCK/POP/Guitar/VOCAL-Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1993, Geffen) US $1.30 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Machine Fish - Christian Music CCM - Hard Rock Metal CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Let It Go - Christian Music CCM - Hard Rock Metal CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS "At the End of the Day" (CD) (sealed) HEAVY ROCK US $9.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys, At the End of the Day Audio CD US $4.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Galactic Cowboys-The Horse That Bud Bought CD NewSealed US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys "I Do What I Do" (CD 1993 DGC) Promo Single NEW SEALED OOP HTF US $0.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys Space In Your Face 9 track 1993 CASSETTE TAPE US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
At the End of the Day by Galactic Cowboys CD Rock Popular hard Rock Music Ants US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys (Music CD) US $20.46 Buy It Now 3 days
The Horse That Bud Bought by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) US $2.69 Buy It Now 3 days
The Galactic Cowboys,NEW CD,The Horse That Bud Bought US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Galactic Cowboys - Texas - IF I WERE A KILLER Promo CD Single [1993] US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW! unopened GALACTIC COWBOYS cd SELF TITLED s/t 1991 US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
HEAVY METAL DEMO & SINGLE LOT: ASPHALT BALLET, GALACTIC COWBOYS, XYZ, EMN, SLIK US $14.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish - Cassette, Polish Press US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys - Space In Your Face - Cassette, Polish Press US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Horse That Bud Bought by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) US $3.00 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS NEW CD US $28.31 Buy It Now 4 days
The Awful Truth 1989 Metal Blade Prog Metal Galactic Cowboys Rare Enigma US $5.99 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS*houston,tx.BLUES-psychedelic-rock-TAPE US $5.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Feel the Rage Galactic Cowboys CD 1996 Metal Blade new SS unreleased songs US $6.99 [0 bids]
Kings X Tape Head SEALED 1998 Japan CD w/ Bns Trx Galactic Cowboys King Crimson US $38.95 Buy It Now 5 days
V/A- Adventures in Extreme Music (CD) Ty Tabor-Galactic Cowboys-One 21-Kreepdown US $0.84 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys Let It Go by 17 track CD MINT US $4.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Galactic Cowboys [CD New] US $14.33 Buy It Now 5 days
Machine Fish by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jan-1996, Metal Blade) US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Galactic Cowboys The Horse That Bud Bought CD SEALED NEW Tomorrow Oregon Ribbon US $5.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys At the End of the Day CD SEALED NEW Nothing To Say Through US $5.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys Machine Fish CD SEALED NEW Feel the Rage Psychotic Companion US $5.95 Buy It Now 6 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS I'm not Amused w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD Single SEALED 1992 US $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Aug-1991, Geffen) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys Machine Fish (Cassette 1996 Metal Blade Records) US $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
7 CD LOT GALACTIC COWBOYS Space In Your Face,Feel The Rage,Machine Fist,Let It G US $9.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys CD US $24.68 Buy It Now 7 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - GALACTIC COWBOYS - NEW CD US $21.67 Buy It Now 7 days
Galactic Cowboys(CD Single Promo)You Make Me Smile-Geffen-Very Good US $15.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Galactic Cowboys : At the End of the Day CD (1999) US $3.96 Buy It Now 7 days
CD Machine Fish - Galactic Cowboys US $3.00 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys - The Horse That Bud Bought (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys - Space In Your Face (Cassette) US $2.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Valiant - I Get Shotgun CD - Christian Metal King's X Galactic Cowboys US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys Space In Your Face Cassette Tape 1993 Stoner Rock Heavy Metal US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys/new cd US $8.59 Buy It Now 8 days
The Horse That Bud Bought by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) US $1.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys NEW CD US $15.13 Buy It Now 9 days
Galactic Cowboys - At the End of the Day (CD, Sep-1998, Metal Blade) US $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Galactic Cowboys - S/T (Rare Debut Geffen Heavy Metal Vinyl LP-1991 - GEF24324) US $16.21 Buy It Now 9 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS CD Feel the Rage (CD Oct-1996 Metal Blade) MINT CONDITION US $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS CD The Horse That Bud Bought (1997 Metal Blade) MINT CONDITION US $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) US $1.66 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboys Machine Fish Cassette Seal OOP US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS AT THE END OF THE DAY US $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS I'm Not Amused PROMO CD SINGLE Sealed BRAND NEW Grunge ROCK 92 US $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS If I Were A Killer PROMO CD SINGLE Space In Your Face SEALED 93 US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Metalmeister - Cannibal Corpse - Galactic Cowboys - Decoryah - New CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS THE HORSE THAT BUD BOUGHT BMG Record Club CD 1997 US $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboys - Let It Go CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - CDLEM55 US $15.03 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys - Space in Your Face CD FASTPOST US $11.34 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys (NEW CD) US $15.81 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys : The Horse That Bud Bought CD (2004) US $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1993, Geffen) US $6.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys - You Make Me Smile - DGC 1993 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 11 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - LET IT GO (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.70 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Aug-1991, Geffen)-B21 US $5.39 Buy It Now 11 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS 2xCASSETTE Tapes CHRISTIAN HARD ROCK GLAM THRASH Metal CCM US $6.66 Buy It Now 11 days
Machine Fish - Galactic Cowboys (Cassette 1996, Metal Blade) NEW in Shrink US $8.70 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys(CD Single Promo)If I Were A Killer-Geffen-USA-New US $12.32 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys(CD Single Promo)You Make Me Smile-Geffen-Very Good US $12.97 Buy It Now 12 days
THE GALACTIC COWBOYS MACHINE FISH PROMO ADVANCE CD US $2.40 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys - Rare New OOP Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, 1993, Geffen) US $17.81 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys NEW CD US $12.45 Buy It Now 12 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS HORSE THAT BUD BOUGHT CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 12 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS Space In Your Face MVCG-121 JAPAN CD w/OBI o144 US $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days
4x Galactic Cowboys Cds '91-98 s/t +Rage +Horse +End of Day *nMint* Metal Blade US $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
At the End of the Day by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Sep-1998, Metal Blade) US $1.99 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS -The Horse That Bud Bought- Christian Music CCM - Rock Metal CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS-Space In Your Face-Blues-AWFUL TRUTH US $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Galactic Cowboys- Space in Your Face- new cassette tape US $3.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Galactic Cowboys: S/T ST Self Titled Same CD 1991 Geffen Records DGCD-24324 US $6.95 Buy It Now 13 days
Galactic Cowboys: Machine Fish CD 1996 Metal Blade Records US $4.95 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS**FEEL THE RAGE**CD US $8.91 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS cd THE HORSE THAT BUD BOUGHT free US shipping US $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS cd MACHINE FISH free US shipping US $8.51 Buy It Now 14 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS cd AT THE END OF THE DAY free US shipping US $8.50 Buy It Now 14 days
Galactic Cowboys Galactic Cowboys Japan CD w/obi kings X auful Truth MVCG-62 US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS FEEL THE RAGE CD ALBUM F11 US $6.88 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy GALACTIC COWBOYS music online Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GALACTIC COWBOYS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys ratings distribution

GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Galactic Cowboys self-titled debut album was released in 1991. Considering the music it contains I´m pretty surprised that I haven´t been introduced to this album before now. This is the kind of music I would probably have enjoyed greatly in the early nineties.

Galactic Cowboys don´t play progressive metal as I think of that genre. Which means that this is not Dream Theater, Queensr˙che or Fates Warning influenced in any way. The style is rather a mix of primarely traditional heavy metal and hard rock with a few hints to thrash metal. In addition to that, there are a few odd-ball moments here and there that makes this album a bit different from your usual metal album. Those moments are very few though and personally I don´t consider this to be progressive metal.

I hear influences from as different bands as Extreme, Anthrax ( the rare thrashy riffing sounds so much like the grovy thrash riffing that Anthrax is known for), Guns´n´Roses ( just listen to Monty Colvin´s vocals in My School), Waltari, Suicidal Tendencies, Ugly Kid Joe, King´s X and Faith No More. The music is generally very melodic and this is especially due to Monty Colvin´s very melodic vocal lines and his background choirs which by the way are very well done. Some of the songs are pretty good and I´m enjoying I´m Not Amused, My School, Kaptain Krude and the most thrashy song on the album Sea of Tranquility while I´m having a hard time enjoying the suckery Someone for Everyone ( a bit too much like Extreme when they are most commercial and cheesy). Galactic Cowboys is the kind of band that is serious one minute and add odd-ball humour to their music the next and that kind of behaviour is pretty surely and aquired taste. I´m biased about it if I have to be frank. I guess it depends on my mood.

The musicianship is good but the drumming could have been a bit more subtle. It´s way too loud and clumsy in the quiet parts.

The production is exactly the kind of production that I associate with the early nineties and I like it. Again the biggest flaw is the drums though. They sound wrong in the mix somehow ( Maybe too loud).

I´ve listened a lot to this album and I generally enjoy it but it doesn´t really do that much for me. Overall it´s a pretty average album seen with today´s eyes but I´m sure that I would feel differently about it if I had purchased it back then. 3 stars is my rating. Fans of any of the above mentioned bands might get something out of this. I put it on, on occasion but it never gets two spins in a row.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#190427) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 25, 2008

3 stars GALACTIC COWBOYS are from Texas and share a lot in common with fellow Texans KINGS X. Both were managed by Sam Taylor in the early days and played a lot of shows together.They also have a similar heavy sound with harmonies and Christian based lyrics. I would say GALACTIC COWBOYS are heavier, funnier and more complex though.

"I'm Not Amused" is a good track. Love the way it opens with that cow bellowing followed by cricket sounds and breaking glass. Not your typical intro eh ? Heavy riffs follow then vocals before a minute as it settles.These contrasts continue. Check out the ripping guitar solo after 4 minutes followed by bone crushing riffs. "My School" opens with laid back guitar as reserved vocals come in. A fuller sound 1 1/2 minutes in and it sounds so good. Very KINGS X-like before 3 minutes. Nice harmonies as well. It turns heavy 3 1/2 minutes in. Gorgeous guitar solo before 6 minutes then the thunder comes in. Nice. "Why Can't You Belive In Me" opens with heavy riffs but it levels out quickly so that we get this heavy undercurrent throughout. Love the heaviness 3 minutes in as it slows down. Blistering guitar solo 4 minutes in. "Kaptain Krude" is the heaviest yet ! The tempo picks up as they offer up an all out assault. Vocals and harmonies follow. Crushing track. "Someone For Everyone" opens with gentle guitar before the heaviness arrives quickly. When the vocals come in the heaviness eases up a little. Amazing sound from before 6 minutes to the end.

"Sea Of Tranquility" is almost SABBATH-like in it's gloomy heaviness.The tempo picks up a minute in and vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. Doom-like sound 3 1/2 minutes in as it slows right down.The tempo continues to shift. Themes are repeated. We get some samples from the first man on the moon event. Vocals are back after 5 1/2 minutes. "Kill Floor" opens with aggressive guitar as drums come in like a stampede then vocals. This is very heavy a times. Great chorus and tune ! "Pump Up The Space Suit" sounds like samples from Nassau as this relentless and powerful soundscape carries on.Vocals come in.Very heavy late. "Ranch On Mars (Reprise)" is an excellent song. The vocals are passionate as the guys sing in harmony "Galactic Cowboys" over and over.

"Speak To Me" is the 11 1/2 minute closer. Strummed guitar and reserved vocals open the proceedings. Nice harmonies too. Some power 2 minutes in as the vocals get rougher. Harmonica after 3 minutes. It settles before 6 minutes as they sing "Speak to me" over and over. Ripping guitar 8 1/2 minutes in. So it stops 10 minutes in then this very jazzy soundscape comes in with horns and piano. What !? Then a teacher gives out the lunch menue for the day. Haha !

This is a really good album but the harmonies wear a little thin after a while and i've tired quickly of some of the songs.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#201305) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 31, 2009

4 stars 1991 was supposed to be the year of the death of heavy metal thanks to some flannel-clad bands emerging from the Pacific Northwest. However, down in Texas, heavy metal was going down swinging. Enter Galactic Cowboys, the second brigade of faith rock soldiers from Katy, TX-based producer Sam Ta ... (read more)

Report this review (#191809) | Posted by jimidom | Thursday, December 04, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GALACTIC COWBOYS "Galactic Cowboys"