GALACTIC COWBOYS

Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. I'm Not Amused (6:25)
2. My School (6:42)
3. Why Can't You Believe in Me (6:33)
4. Kaptain Krude (5:56)
5. Someone for Everyone (6:26)
6. Sea of Tranquility (7:22)
7. Kill Floor (5:06)
8. Pump Up the Space Suit (1:19)
9. Ranch on Mars Reprise (2:10)
10. Speak to Me (11:31)

Search GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys lyrics

Search GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys tabs

- Monty Colvin / vocals/bass
- Ben Huggins / guitar
- Dane Sonnier / guitars
- Alan Doss / drums

CD Geffen (1991)

GALACTIC COWBOYS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys Music

Galactic CowboysGalactic Cowboys
Geffen Records 1996
Galactic CowboysGalactic Cowboys
Lemon Records UK 2005
*GALACTIC COWBOYS*MACHINE FISH-ORIGINAL 1996 RELEASE USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
GALACTIC COWBOYS Space In Your Face MVCG-121 JAPAN CD w/OBI o144 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (Cassette, Jun-1993, Geffen) USD $2.49 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Galactic Cowboys: Feel The Rage EP CD 1996 Metal Blade Records 3984-14117-2 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 53m
Galactic Cowboys: Machine Fish CD 1996 Metal Blade Records 3984-14105-2 NEW USD $5.95 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Galactic Cowboys: The Horse That Bud Bought CD 1997 Metal Blade 3984-14127-2 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 16h 33m
Galactic Cowboys: At The End Of The Day CD 1998 Metal Blade 3984-14183-2 NEW USD $5.95 Buy It Now 16h 35m
Galactic Cowboys: Let It Go CD 2000 Metal Blade Records 3984-14299-2 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Let It Go by Galactic Cowboys (CD, 2000, Metal Blade) RARE! USD $15.95 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Machine Fish by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jan-1996, Metal Blade) RARE! USD $15.95 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (Cassette, Jun-1993, Geffen) USD $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 39m
Vol. 1-songs We Didn't Write - Galactic Cowboy Orchestra New & Sealed CD-JEWEL C USD $23.75 Buy It Now 1 day
GALACTIC COWBOYS Space In Your Face OOP JAPAN CD OBI MVCG-121 Crunchy Sevenfold USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hellmenn_Galactic Cowboys_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA_10N USD $8.02 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Feel The Rage EP (CD 1996) *NEW* USA Import USD $4.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Atomic Opera-Penguin Dust CD Christian Metal Kings X/Galactic Cowboys BRAND NEW USD $25.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - "At The End Of The Day", 1998, King's X, CD USD $7.77 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - "Feel The Rage", 1996, Paul McCartney, King's X, CD USD $6.21 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - "Machine Fish", 1996, King's X, CD USD $6.21 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - "Let It Go", 2000, King's X, CD USD $15.56 Buy It Now 2 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - "The Horse That Bud Bought", 1997, King's X, CD USD $7.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish (1996) - NEW USD $14.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - CDLEM55 USD $12.88 Buy It Now 2 days
CRUNCHY "Clown School Dropout", 2003, Monty Colvin, Galactic Cowboys, V.RARE CD USD $40.48 Buy It Now 2 days
CRUNCHY - "Loserville", 2007, Monty Colvin, Galactic Cowboys, VERY RARE CD USD $40.48 Buy It Now 2 days
CRUNCHY - "All Day Sucker", 2001, Monty Colvin, Galactic Cowboys, VERY RARE CD USD $40.48 Buy It Now 2 days
HEAVY METAL DEMO & SINGLE LOT: ASPHALT BALLET, GALACTIC COWBOYS, XYZ, EMN, SLIK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Galactic Cowboys: Space in Your Face (New Cassette) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - S/T - SELF TITLED - CASSETTE TAPE - GEFFEN (1991) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Galactic Cowboys : Machine Fish (Metal Blade CD) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS THE HORSE THAT BUD BOUGHT NEW SEALED CD METAL BLADE KING'S X USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Machine Fish by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jan-1996, Metal Blade) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra - All Out of Peaches (CD, Feb-2011) NEW SEALED USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Galactic Cowboys- I'm Not Amused- CD Single USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS 'AT THE END OF THE DAY' JAPANESE CD OBI BOOKLET BONUS TRACK USD $10.89 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS 'LET IT GO' JAPANESE CD OBI BOOKLET USD $10.89 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys : The Horse That Bud Bought CD (2004) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Galactic Cowboys : Machine Fish CD (2004) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys/ The Awful Truth Complete Discography (8 CD Lot) Atomic Opera USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS : GALACTIC COWBOYS CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS Machine Fish CASSETTE progressive metal KING'S X prog texas USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys At the End of the Day CD USD $4.22 Buy It Now 4 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS I'M NOT AMUSED CD SINGLE PROMO + G/FOLD CARD P/S (EDIT + LP VER USD $8.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys "If I were a Killer" digipack promo CD 1993 Geffen Records USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
* GALACTIC COWBOYS - Self Titled CD 1991 ORG USD $6.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys - At The End Of The Day ( Metal Blade Recs 1998 / Kings X ) USD $6.21 Buy It Now 4 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS-YOU MAKE ME SMILE NEW SEALED CD 1993 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Galactic Cowboys [Self Titled] *** BRAND NEW CD *** USD $18.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Galactic Cowboys : Feel the Rage CD (1999) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS I'm not Amused w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD Single SEALED 1992 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - AT THE END OF THE DAY-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Galactic Cowboys - S/T - 1991 CD RARE HTF heavy metal USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys - Space in Your Face / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys - Space in Your Face / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jan-2005, ... USD $11.35 Buy It Now 6 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS S/T PROMO CASSETTE USD $2.99 [0 bids]
GALACTIC COWBOYS "YOU MAKE ME SMILE"+"I DO WHAT I DO" 1993 STILL SEALED PROMO'S! USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Feel the Rage CD by Galactic Cowboys - 1996 Metal Blade, Studio USD $2.59 Buy It Now 7 days
Machine Fish CD by Galactic Cowboys - 1996 Metal Blade - Hard Rock, 14 Tracks USD $2.59 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys (2005, CD New) USD $12.39 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys - At the End of the Day CD 1998 Metal Blade Original RARE OOP USD $9.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys [CD New] USD $12.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Space in Your Face by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1993, Geffen) Kings X USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
At the End of the Day by Galactic Cowboys (CD, 1998, Metal Blade) USD $1.69 Buy It Now 8 days
Galactic Cowboys Galactic Cowboys Audio CD USD $18.14 Buy It Now 9 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Self-Titled Debut (CD 1991) USA First Edition EXC DGCD 24324 USD $12.43 Buy It Now 9 days
Galactic Cowboys CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboys(CD Album)Space In Your Face-VG USD $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
All Out Of Peaches - Galactic Cowboy Orchestra (2011, CD New) USD $15.38 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboy Orchestra - All Out Of Peaches [CD New] USD $15.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboys(CD Single Promo)If I Were A Killer-Geffen-USA-New USD $14.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Feel The Rage 1996 by Galactic Cowboys 039841411720 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 10 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) USD $7.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Machine Fish - Galactic Cowboys (NEW SEALED CD 1996)AOR USD $1.00 Buy It Now 10 days
At the End of the Day, Galactic Cowboys 1998 AOR METAL USD $1.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Let it Go - Galactic Cowboys (NEW SEALED CD 2000) AOR USD $1.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Aug-1991, Geffen) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
If I Were A Killer by Galactic Cowboys CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS - THE HORSE THAT BUD BOUGHT - CD, 1997 USD $5.81 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys - Texas - I DO WHAT I DO [1993] Promo CD Single - Brand New USD $8.99 Buy It Now 11 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS You Make me Smile 1993 w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD Single SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Horse That Bud Bought - Galactic Cowboys (NEW) AOR USD $1.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Galactic Cowboys by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Aug-1991, Geffen) King's X , Beatles USD $1.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys (1991) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys - Let It Go (CD, Jun-2000, Metal Blade) USD $4.04 Buy It Now 12 days
THE GALACTIC COWBOY ORCHESTRA - ALL OUT OF PEACHES..USA PROGRESSIVE..FREE SH. USD $13.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Galactic Cowboys-At The End Of The Day CD FREE SHIPPING(Brand New-Sealed) USD $6.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Let It Go * by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Aug-2000, Metal Blade) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Feel the Rage by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Oct-1996, Metal Blade) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Horse That Bud Bought by Galactic Cowboys (CD, Jun-1997, Metal Blade) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Galactic Cowboys - S/T Self Titled 1991 JAPAN CD Mint Hard Rock Kings X #T01 USD $12.74 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS " SPACE IN YOUR FACE " CD & ARTWORK ONLY NO CASE USD $1.49 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS at the end of the day CD SEALED 1998 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS feel the rage CD SEALED 1996 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Machine Fish - Galactic Cowboys CD 1996 AOR rock metal USD $2.49 Buy It Now 13 days
GALACTIC COWBOYS:AT THE END OF THE DAY USD $7.77 Buy It Now 14 days
Galactic Cowboys: Feel The Rage EP CD 1996 Metal Blade Records 3984-14117-2 NEW USD $5.95 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy GALACTIC COWBOYS music online Buy GALACTIC COWBOYS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GALACTIC COWBOYS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys ratings distribution

GALACTIC COWBOYS Galactic Cowboys reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Galactic Cowboys self-titled debut album was released in 1991. Considering the music it contains Iīm pretty surprised that I havenīt been introduced to this album before now. This is the kind of music I would probably have enjoyed greatly in the early nineties.

Galactic Cowboys donīt play progressive metal as I think of that genre. Which means that this is not Dream Theater, Queensrĸche or Fates Warning influenced in any way. The style is rather a mix of primarely traditional heavy metal and hard rock with a few hints to thrash metal. In addition to that, there are a few odd-ball moments here and there that makes this album a bit different from your usual metal album. Those moments are very few though and personally I donīt consider this to be progressive metal.

I hear influences from as different bands as Extreme, Anthrax ( the rare thrashy riffing sounds so much like the grovy thrash riffing that Anthrax is known for), GunsīnīRoses ( just listen to Monty Colvinīs vocals in My School), Waltari, Suicidal Tendencies, Ugly Kid Joe, Kingīs X and Faith No More. The music is generally very melodic and this is especially due to Monty Colvinīs very melodic vocal lines and his background choirs which by the way are very well done. Some of the songs are pretty good and Iīm enjoying Iīm Not Amused, My School, Kaptain Krude and the most thrashy song on the album Sea of Tranquility while Iīm having a hard time enjoying the suckery Someone for Everyone ( a bit too much like Extreme when they are most commercial and cheesy). Galactic Cowboys is the kind of band that is serious one minute and add odd-ball humour to their music the next and that kind of behaviour is pretty surely and aquired taste. Iīm biased about it if I have to be frank. I guess it depends on my mood.

The musicianship is good but the drumming could have been a bit more subtle. Itīs way too loud and clumsy in the quiet parts.

The production is exactly the kind of production that I associate with the early nineties and I like it. Again the biggest flaw is the drums though. They sound wrong in the mix somehow ( Maybe too loud).

Iīve listened a lot to this album and I generally enjoy it but it doesnīt really do that much for me. Overall itīs a pretty average album seen with todayīs eyes but Iīm sure that I would feel differently about it if I had purchased it back then. 3 stars is my rating. Fans of any of the above mentioned bands might get something out of this. I put it on, on occasion but it never gets two spins in a row.

3 stars GALACTIC COWBOYS are from Texas and share a lot in common with fellow Texans KINGS X. Both were managed by Sam Taylor in the early days and played a lot of shows together.They also have a similar heavy sound with harmonies and Christian based lyrics. I would say GALACTIC COWBOYS are heavier, funnier and more complex though.

"I'm Not Amused" is a good track. Love the way it opens with that cow bellowing followed by cricket sounds and breaking glass. Not your typical intro eh ? Heavy riffs follow then vocals before a minute as it settles.These contrasts continue. Check out the ripping guitar solo after 4 minutes followed by bone crushing riffs. "My School" opens with laid back guitar as reserved vocals come in. A fuller sound 1 1/2 minutes in and it sounds so good. Very KINGS X-like before 3 minutes. Nice harmonies as well. It turns heavy 3 1/2 minutes in. Gorgeous guitar solo before 6 minutes then the thunder comes in. Nice. "Why Can't You Belive In Me" opens with heavy riffs but it levels out quickly so that we get this heavy undercurrent throughout. Love the heaviness 3 minutes in as it slows down. Blistering guitar solo 4 minutes in. "Kaptain Krude" is the heaviest yet ! The tempo picks up as they offer up an all out assault. Vocals and harmonies follow. Crushing track. "Someone For Everyone" opens with gentle guitar before the heaviness arrives quickly. When the vocals come in the heaviness eases up a little. Amazing sound from before 6 minutes to the end.

"Sea Of Tranquility" is almost SABBATH-like in it's gloomy heaviness.The tempo picks up a minute in and vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. Doom-like sound 3 1/2 minutes in as it slows right down.The tempo continues to shift. Themes are repeated. We get some samples from the first man on the moon event. Vocals are back after 5 1/2 minutes. "Kill Floor" opens with aggressive guitar as drums come in like a stampede then vocals. This is very heavy a times. Great chorus and tune ! "Pump Up The Space Suit" sounds like samples from Nassau as this relentless and powerful soundscape carries on.Vocals come in.Very heavy late. "Ranch On Mars (Reprise)" is an excellent song. The vocals are passionate as the guys sing in harmony "Galactic Cowboys" over and over.

"Speak To Me" is the 11 1/2 minute closer. Strummed guitar and reserved vocals open the proceedings. Nice harmonies too. Some power 2 minutes in as the vocals get rougher. Harmonica after 3 minutes. It settles before 6 minutes as they sing "Speak to me" over and over. Ripping guitar 8 1/2 minutes in. So it stops 10 minutes in then this very jazzy soundscape comes in with horns and piano. What !? Then a teacher gives out the lunch menue for the day. Haha !

This is a really good album but the harmonies wear a little thin after a while and i've tired quickly of some of the songs.

Review by TCat
3 stars As corny as the name of the band is, this is still pretty decent metal music, though on this their first album, the prog is not as prevalent as it would be later. But, this is still a great listen for lovers of heavier music. Many people compare the Galactic Cowboys sound to King's X, mostly because their soundscapes are somewhat heavy like King's X. But, GC has a Beatlesque 3 part harmony that sounds nice at first, however, it tends to wear out because of the extensive use of it in their songs. This harmony, used a little more sparingly, would have had a better impact overall, but most people may not even notice this because of the awesome guitar work on here which is loaded with heavy riffs and plenty of great hard music.

Starting off with the 2 first tracks namely "I'm Not Amazed" and "My School", it seems that the best prog moments come along early. Anyone listening to this the first time will think they have their hands on a great progressive metal album because these are great songs with just enough of a progressive edge to make one seem that they have their hands on some great sophisticated metal here, but the next 3 songs lean too much on straightforward heaviness and not enough inventiveness, plus the extensive use of the harmonies with the metal background tend to make the sound a little too dense while also leaning towards the commercial side of metal instead of the progressive side. These tracks become more enjoyable with more listenings as they take on their individuality, but really don't rise to far above the straightforward metal sound.

"Sea of Tranquility" is another animal altogether however. This is a very dark and heavy song that at times even becomes abrasive, but not overly obnoxious. This one is a masterpiece of metal, and even though it still tends to rely on the commercial sound, it is probably a little too experimental for the typical metal lover. It is songs like this one that kept GC from having a huge following because the sound is a little too sophisticated for the typical listener of the genre, but probably not quite inventive enough for the prog head. I absolutely love this track though and it is a very heavy track with a few rhythm changes as it enters the bridge of the song and then returns to the theme. A definite 5 star song here. Next, the band leans towards a thrash metal sound with "Kill Floor" which is about a butcher turned serial killer. Again, this is not quite hard core enough to be considered pure thrash, but it is close at least and a respected attempt at the sound. There are 2 short pieces that come next that sound nothing like filler at all and still retain the heavy sound. Any kind of reprieve from the heaviness comes on the last track "Speak to Me" which is a more dynamic sound as it moves from heaviness to a more laid back sound and, like the first few tracks, hints at a more progressive sound.

Definitely a valiant try for a debut album. More progressiveness and a better use of the harmonics would have made this a better album. But it is still a fun album in that hints of humor lie throughout the lyrics, the music is a little more sophisticated than most run of the mill metal, but not quite inventive enough for hard core prog nuts. If you go into the album not expecting anything ground breaking or out of the ordinary, you may find you like this better than you think you would have. I do like this one, and would give it 3.5 stars, but I will round it down because it leans too much on the commercial side of music. But it is a respectable debut for certain.

4 stars 1991 was supposed to be the year of the death of heavy metal thanks to some flannel-clad bands emerging from the Pacific Northwest. However, down in Texas, heavy metal was going down swinging. Enter Galactic Cowboys, the second brigade of faith rock soldiers from Katy, TX-based producer Sam Ta ... (read more)

Report this review (#191809) | Posted by jimidom | Thursday, December 04, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GALACTIC COWBOYS "Galactic Cowboys"