MARTIN KRATOCHVIL AND JAZZ Q

CD 5: Zvěsti
CD 6: Hodokvas
CD 7: Hvězdoň
CD 8: Rare tracks

See individual albums for tracklisting.

Search JAZZ Q Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q lyrics

Search JAZZ Q Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q tabs

See individual albums for personnel.

2007 8CD - Supraphon SU 5872-2

Thanks to Magor for the addition

JAZZ Q MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JAZZ Q Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q Music

Jazz At the DomeJazz At the Dome
Audio CD$15.39 (used)
Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q by Martin Kratochvil (CD, Oct-2007, Supraphon) US $32.09 Buy It Now 1 day
rare czech jazzfusion Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q Prague: Asteroid US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rare czech jazzfusion Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q Prague: Elegy US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rare czech jazzrockfusion live workshop Joan Duggan Jazz Q. / Impuls US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rare czech jazzfusion Jazzrock workshop 2 Energit / Jazz Q Prague / Impuls US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rare czech jazzfusion Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q Prague: Tidings US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rare czech jazzfusion Blue Effect (M. Efekt) & Jazz Q Prague: Coniunctio '70 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DEL - MODERN JAZZ Q : Fontessa CD (1999) US $4.48 Buy It Now 2 days
MARTIN KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q:Zvesti (Tidings) total diff cover prog/jazz LP LISTEN US $27.50 Buy It Now 2 days
czech jazz LP Jazzrock Workshop 2 - Impuls, Jazz Q, Energit listen 1976 M- US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
czech jazz LP Jazzrock Workshop - Impuls, Jazz Q, CHASA listen US $29.50 Buy It Now 2 days
MAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT -VAR (CD) DIANA ROSS MODERN JAZZ Q KING'S SINGERS LONDON US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Martin Kratochvil - Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q [CD New] US $35.10 Buy It Now 3 days
MARTIN KRATOCHVIL - MARTIN KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q NEW CD US $58.28 Buy It Now 3 days
JIRI STIVIN Status Quo Vadis LP Jazz-Rock/Fusion ex-Martin Kratochvil US $19.99 [0 bids]
MARTIN KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q Zvesti LP Czech Jazz-Rock/Prog Rock, 1978 US $17.99 [0 bids]
Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q HVEZDON - ASTEROID Pavol Kozma 1988 Suppraphon 3525lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kratochvil Martin - Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q CD US $50.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Blue Effect & Jazz Q Praha - Coniunctio CD 1970 US $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JAZZ Q: Elegy LP (Czechoslovakia) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Skinner, Billy Double Jazz Q-Kosen Rufu CD NEW US $14.81 Buy It Now 6 days
JAZZ Q /MARTIN KRATOCHVIL/:ELEGY LP M-/M- US $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
PABLO HIDALGO JAZZ Q - MARTES 13 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.45 Buy It Now 14 days
Dancing - Feel Beat 1990 JAPAN CD Cool Jazz, Post Bop, Smooth Jazz,#Q04 US $14.69 Buy It Now 15 days
Jazz Q 8 cds box set Czech prog cd RM US $54.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Martin KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q JAZZ Prog ROCK Fusion CZECH Lp MINT Supraphon US $29.90 Buy It Now 20 days
MODERN JAZZ QUARTET The Modern Jazz Quartet- Django- Fontessa- The Modern Jazz Q US $13.30 Buy It Now 26 days
Martin Kratochvil-Martin Kratochvil & Jazz Q CD NEW US $43.08 Buy It Now 26 days
Jazz Q, New Music US $35.02 Buy It Now 26 days
group MARTIN KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q-ELEGY-PROG-CZECH LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MARTIN KRATOCHVIL - MARTIN KRATOCHVIL & JAZZ Q - NEW CD BOXSET US $40.07 Buy It Now 27 days
BILLY TAYLOR TRIO My Fair Lady Loves Jazz Q uincy Jones JUKEBOX 45rpm EP RECORD US $15.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy JAZZ Q music online Buy JAZZ Q & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JAZZ Q DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JAZZ Q Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q ratings distribution

JAZZ Q Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q reviews

3 stars There are usually two reasons for me to get a band's box-set. First i'm a huge fan and the music has been improved upon sonically (remastered or re-mixed) or secondly the albums are out of print and buying the box-set is the only way for me to get those now rare records. I think i've only bought one box-set for the first reason (GENESIS) while the others I have were to get difficult to find music. JAZZ Q's albums are very difficult to track down so I am thankful to get my hands on this. The three star rating is because of the eight discs I rate only three of them above 3 stars and it was the first two albums in particular that I was lusting after.

I'm going to review the final disc in the set which is titled "Rare Tracks" or "Bonusy" and can be only found in this set.

I would rate this particular disc at three stars simply because it is a mixed bag. "Blues Stary Zensky" is bluesy with horns. Male vocals replace the horns after a minute. Not bad. "Zly Sen" is a top three with the keyboards, percussion and female vocals standing out. This is quite jazzy. "Jsem Sva" is uptempo with female vocals. A snappy little number. "Ovci Vina" has female vocal melodies and a dreamy sound. Guitar and a Rock sound after 1 1/2 minutes. Some crazy vocal expressions come and go. It ends like it began. "Blues Holky Na Vdavani" opens with piano as almost spoken female vocals join in. It's fuller before 2 minutes. Bluesy stuff. "Velky Bohem" is a top three and it has lots of percussion like SANTANA, then male vocals come in with guitar. I like the electric piano after 3 minutes. "Prazske Boogie" is male vocals with a catchy sound.

"Zatmeni Mesice" is laid back as male vocals come in. It's fairly intense 3 1/2 minutes in. "Blues Podzimniho Odpoledne" is mellow with reserved vocals and some bluesy guitar. "Obohodnik A Destem" builds with clapping and more. It's okay. "What A Way To Start" is short and cute. "Why Do I Have To Move" has synths a beat and vocals. "Konstelace" is my final top three. Horns and drama with intricate drumming. Electric piano comes in as well. Nice. "Witness To The World" is surprisingly a gospel song with harmonies. This is fun and very well done. Female vocals preach the word. "Goodbye !" ends it with about a nine minute uptempo instrumental. I like it !

I don't have a lot of box-sets, in fact not many at all. I can't justify buying box-sets of music I already own even if it's well packaged with lots of good info. This is a must for JAZZ Q fans and i'm sure i'll be the only one not to give this 4 or 5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#780576) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Falling in love with Modry Efekt, I stumbled across Jazz Q aswell. I found it hard getting my hands on any of their albums in Sweden, so I bided my time. When I finally found this box set for sale in my favorite record store I could not help myself and bought it on a whim, not really sure what I was purchasing. My only experience with the group was by way of Coniunctio, the album made alongside Modry Efekt. What did I find? Not all that I was prepared for.

As with their fellow country men in Modry Efekt the band changes direction throughout their recording career. Maybe not to the same extent as Modry Efekt but they do progress.

The first two albums are the best. The music displays a great fusion between rock, prog and jazz. The first album, Pozorovatelna, is quite something. Great jazz-rock with a slight free form feeling. The second album follows in the jazz-rock vein, though less free in it's form. I guess that is the album I prefer the most.

After the first two albums they ride straight into the land of Fusion and the further they ride the more slick and fusionish they become. Now, I don't mind fusion but I find that the genre at times get too meandering and pointless. Well executed but there's not much going on. Maybe that is a harsh judgement. Still, I think it is true, at least as far as Jazz Q is concerned. Elegie is a great album in many ways but the later ones are just a bit too clean and fusion-y for my taste.

Is this a relevant box? Well, I don't know. The Modry Efekt box is essential, I think. I will never give that up. I like the Jazz Q box, for sure. It is interesting and the progress is worth a listen. I would not, however, recommend someone to buy this box unless you are seriously into fusion. The first two or three albums are well worth having but on a personal level I would not have bought the fusion-ridden later ones. That is not to say that they are bad. Thet are, in fact, extremely well played and executed, just not that exciting.

All in all, an interesting box but not essential in the least.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1115420) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 17, 2014

Post a review of JAZZ Q "Martin Kratochvil and Jazz Q"