IAN PARRY'S CONSORTIUM PROJECT

Consortium Project Ian Parry's Consortium Project   album cover

Buy CONSORTIUM PROJECT Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

1. House Of Cards (4:17)
2. Banquet Of Thieves (5:35)
3. Evilworld (3:44)
4. Garden Of Eden (4:20)
5. The Entity (Instrumental) (2:43)
6. Change Breeds Contempt (4:16)
7. A Miracle Is All We Need (4:48)
8. The Snake (3:21)
9. Criminals & Kings (4:12)
10. Chain Of Fear (5:23)

- Arjen Lucassen / bass
- Dirk Bruinenberg / drums
- Jan Vayne / piano
- Tommy Newton / keyboards

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

CONSORTIUM PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CONSORTIUM PROJECT Ian Parry's Consortium Project Music

Ian Parry's Consortium ProjectIan Parry's Consortium Project
Century Media Records/Emi 1999

More places to buy CONSORTIUM PROJECT music online Buy CONSORTIUM PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CONSORTIUM PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CONSORTIUM PROJECT Ian Parry's Consortium Project ratings distribution

CONSORTIUM PROJECT Ian Parry's Consortium Project reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars A rapid glance to the lineup and you have in front of you the best of Dutch Progressive Metal, starting from Arjen Lucassen.

Well this is mainly a Ian Parry's project initially intended for a single album that later had three follow-ups, becoming the longest sci-fi inspired concept that I currently know. The fifth album of the Project is announced for this summer.

Lovers of progressive metal may consider this a masterpiece as good progressive metal is exactly what you'll find inside. What can be of interest for all the others is the skillful musicianship, the good songwriting and the concept behind. The album's alternative title is "Criminals and Kings".

Highlights are "Banquet Of Thieves", "Garden Of Eden", "Pandora's Box" and "Chain Of Fears".

A particular mention is deserved by "The Entity" that's a very atmospheric short instrumental. or the slow "A Miracle Is All We Need" with it's romantic piano intro.

There are some moments that remind to the 80s "hairy metal bands" but luckily not so poor as these. To me, this is a good album, but is a step beyond masterpieces like Ayreon's The Human Equation, but also to the Vengeance material, to mention another band which featured Ian. If we consider the whole 4 (now 5) albums it's an impressive work but taken alone it's just good.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#448981) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars I actually had no idea who Ian Parry was when I first bought this album. I saw it on Ebay very cheap and thought I'd check it out as I'd heard of the Consortium Project before. It wasn't until I looked in the booklet that I actually felt any true excitement about what I had in my hands. Thomas Young ... (read more)

Report this review (#308289) | Posted by Valarius | Thursday, November 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CONSORTIUM PROJECT "Ian Parry's Consortium Project "