UROBOROS

Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Sa Bir (2:01)
2. Vinushka (9:37)
3. Red Soil (3:24)
4. Doukoku To Sarinu (3:48)
5. Toguro (3:57)
6. Glass Skin (4:27)
7. Stuck Man (3:35)
8. Reiketsu Nariseba (3:32)
9. Ware, Yami Tote (7:00)
10. Bugaboo (4:43)
11. Gaika, Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro (4:22)
12. Dozing Green (4:06)
13. Inconvenient Ideal (4:19)
14. Dozing Green (JP) (4:08)

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros lyrics

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros tabs

- Tooru Nishimura aka Kyô Vocals / guitars
- Hara Toshimasa aka Toshiya Bass / Back Vocals
- Kaoru Niikura Guitar / Back Vocals / Keyboard
- Daisuke Andou aka Die Guitar / Back Vocals / Mandoline
- Shinya Terashi Drums /Keyboard

Firewall Div./SMEJ (Japan), The End Records (U.S.), Gan-Shin (Europe).
Release date 11/11/2008

Also available on Bandcamp: http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

Thanks to Windkun for the addition
and to The Miracle for the last updates

DIR EN GREY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIR EN GREY Uroboros Music

The Marrow of a BoneThe Marrow of a Bone
Warcon 2007
DUM SPIRO SPERO(2CD+DVD+2LP)(ltd.ed.)DUM SPIRO SPERO(2CD+DVD+2LP)(ltd.ed.)
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN
MacabreMacabre
Imports 2000
Uroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon BudokanUroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon Budokan
CD+DVD
VulgarVulgar
Sony Japan 2003
UroborosUroboros
The End Records 2008
Dir En Grey - Sustain The Untruth (CD+DVD) [Japan LTD CD] SFCD-130Dir En Grey - Sustain The Untruth (CD+DVD) [Japan LTD CD] SFCD-130
Sony Japan
Dir En GreyDir En Grey
Sony Japan
UnravelingUnraveling
Ais 2013
Dir en Grey Embryo Single CD Jrock Jpop Music 2001 Japan J-rock J-pop US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
DIR EN GREY_Queensberry_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA_D2 US $10.35 Buy It Now 7h 21m
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 8h 26m
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN 2CD LTD I19 zd US $41.50 Buy It Now 9h 22m
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN CD G88 US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Dir en Grey - Uroboros U.S. Promo CD (Nov-2008, The End Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD DVD LTD D73 US $22.99 Buy It Now 10h 38m
OFFICIAL Dir en grey DVD "Kimon" Jrock KYO Region 2 rock metal goth visual kei US $35.95 Buy It Now 11h 12m
sukekiyo - Daemon's Cutlery (sold at live venue only) Japan Metal ep Dir en grey US $129.99 Buy It Now 13h
Dir en grey - Uroboros Remastered & Expanded - Japan Jrock Visual Kei Music CD US $70.99 Buy It Now 13h
Dir en grey - Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami US $37.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Dir en grey - Missa - Japan Visual Kei Metal Music CD sukekiyo US $32.29 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Dir en grey - Kisou ?? Japan Jrock Visual Kei Music CD Filth embryo Jessica US $44.64 Buy It Now 13h 4m
DIR EN GREY-GLASS SKIN-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Dir en grey Myaku 1st Press Limited Edition Japan CD+6 Sticker w/OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION CD Ryojoku no Ame ? US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 12m
Dir en grey Discography US $15.00 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY UROBOROS 2 DISC DELUXE CD DVD NEW SEALED WITH PROOF AT NIPPON US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-HAGESHISA TO KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA~-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Roadkillers - Dir en grey Selection APAN CD OBI WT35 US $3.99 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY - DUM SPIRO SPERO [654436020424] - NEW CD US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE UNRAVELING Complete Limited Edition DIR EN GREY CD + DVD Japan US $102.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION ALBUM 2CD BEST Decade 1998-2002 ? US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD UROBOROS ? US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Marrow Of A Bone [CD New] US $23.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey "SAKU" Music Soundtrack CD Japanese US $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - The Unraveling NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY-SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD MACABRE JP US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION EARLY DVD AVERAGE PSYCHO JP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD KAI JP US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION EARLY 8CM CD CAGE WITH RED DISC JP US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey Taiyo no Ao Japan CD w/OBI US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey Saku Japan CD w/OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey ain't afraid to die Japan CD w/OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey JEALOUS 1st Press Japan CD FWR004-CDS US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey JEALOUS 1st Press Limited Edition Japan CD+Card FWR004-CDS US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION EARLY CD+STICKERS Myaku JP US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: NORMAL EDITION-JAPAN BLU-RAY VIDEO U06 US $90.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 3 DVD V68 US $97.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: NORMAL EDITION-JAPAN 2 DVD R36 US $79.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 2 BLU-RAY VIDEO Y38 US $108.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY - MARROW OF A BONE - NEW CD US $20.42 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey - Decade Best Collection 1998-2002 + 2003-2007 Set Japan Jrock 2 CD US $75.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey - The Unraveling (Limited Edition) Japan 2 CD + DVD Visual Kei Music US $85.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE UNRAVELING Complete Limited Edition DIR EN GREY CD + DVD Japan Best Price US $102.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir En Grey - Six Ugly [CD New] US $39.68 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY - SIX UGLY (4529123000156) - NEW CD US $45.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey: Dozing Green [Limited Edition] (Japan Import) US $26.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey: Lotus [Regular Edition] (Japan Import) US $26.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey: Glass Skin [Limited Edition] (Japan Import) US $26.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey: Decade 2003-2007 [Limited Release] (Japan Import) US $51.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey: Uroboros [Limited Edition, 2CD] (Japan Import) US $60.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Marrow of a Bone by Dir en Grey (CD, Feb-2007, Warcon), Excellent Condition US $5.99 [0 bids]
Withering to Death by Dir en Grey CD & DVD 2006, Warcon) RARE OOP MINT LIKE NEW US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey I'll 8cm-Single Japan US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Myaku Maxi-Single Japan (2) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey KASUMI Maxi-Single Japan US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Ryojoku no Ame w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (1) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Taiyo no Ao w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (3) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Agitated Screams of Maggots w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (1) US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Saku w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey ZAN 8cm-Single Japan (1) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey six Ugly Maxi-Single Japan US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey FILTH w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (1) US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey FILTH Maxi-Single Japan (2) US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey LOTUS w/OBI Limited Edition Maxi-Single DVD Japan US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey GLASS SKIN w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Taiyo no Ao w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (2) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey JESSICA w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan (1) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Lot of 4 CDs 8cm-Single Japan US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir En Grey *GUITAR TABS * Software CD (129 SONGS) US $4.95 [0 bids]
Dir en grey "MACABRE " CD ALBUM Jrock Music Soundtrack US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey "THE MARROW OF A BONE" Limited edition CD US $29.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Hageshisa to Kono Mune no Naka de w/OBI Maxi-Single Japan US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey - Rinkaku (Limited Edition) - Japan Music CD + DVD Jrock Visual Kei US $58.89 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY Ryoujoku 3 LIVE TRX JAPAN CD Single SEALED US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en Grey [Kr]cube US $8.99 [0 bids]
Dir en Grey Jealous US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dir en grey Dozing Green 1st Press Limited Japan CD+Sticker w/OBI SFCD-0051 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy DIR EN GREY music online Buy DIR EN GREY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIR EN GREY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(56%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(44%)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros reviews

Review by JLocke
4 stars A gem among mere rocks.

I had never listened to Dir En Grey prior to this album, although I had heard the name a few times, but never was I all that interested in checking them out. Metal bands that claim to be original are so common now, I can't waste time wading through all the duds such claims end up roping me into. In this album and band's case, however, everything positive you may have heard is true.

The most stand-out feature is of course Kyo, the lead singer/growler/screecher/voice actor of the piece. He instantly put me in mind of Mike Patton during his Mr. Bungle days, although both singers are quite distinct, the only real similarity being in their attitudes and avant-garde approach to the role of vocals. Not only can Kyo sing and growl as good as the next metal guy, he seems capable of doing pretty much anything with his voice if challenged to do so. A real master. He also plays guitars on the album, and provides just as much flare, although not quite as much originality. The two main guitarists of the band most likely pull of the more complex stuff.

The music itself is enjoyable all throughout the album's length. Instrumentation is simpler and more basic in some spots, but for the most part I found myself being surprised more times than other, more generic heavy works would have provided. In fact, I'll get to the comment I made earlier about the guitar playing. It isn't that the playing itself is completely unoriginal, it's just that when compared to his vocals, Kyo seems to take a much more traditional approach to how he approaches the instrument. That being said, I still find his riffs to be intriguing and memorable more often than not. How much of the riffs are actually played by him, however, I am not entirely sure.

Sometimes the album veers in a more J-Pop direction, but never loses the edge or originality despite this. I quite like the stark contrast between the happy, upbeat melody of the pop against the grimy, surrealistic heaviness. While not every song produces this unusual mixture, when it does happen you won't need to hold your ears. These guys knew what they were doing. I found the band's ability to blend traditional rock music with the dark, pumping experimental soundscapes refreshing and worth repeating. This album has already shot up to a frequent listening position on my playlist.

Keep in mind, this is indeed the first and only Dir En Grey album I have yet to experience. I usually try to limit myself in rating single albums in larger discographies under this circumstance, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on this release right now because nobody has really said much about them on here, and I think that's a shame. This band deserves to be listened to and reviewed by members of the site, because I do think there is a lot to love here. Granted, due to my lack of experience with previous Dir En Grey releases, I can only really recommend this single album until I lay ears on the rest.

Apparently, the group hasn't always sounded like and came out of the Visual Kei scene. How what started out as a Glam band has been able to evolve to this point, I can only speculate. But, there it is. The music contained in this release really is fantastic and really is worth your time. Sure, sometimes it can sound like something more familiar to you from the Japanese pop scene, but the next moment the experience will drag into new depths of dark experimentation. You'll find pieces in here that will remind you of the best moments of Opeth right next to other elements that might make you think more about Mr. Bungle or even Henry Cow. Yet at the same time, this album sounds nothing like any of these individually. It's a seamless melting pot of all those experimental ideas meets more traditional pop and metal. All the while being led full charge by Kyo and his amazing, ever-changing voice. A true roller-coaster ride.

As soon as I finished listening to Uroboros for the first time, I felt immediately compelled to listen to it all over again. It really is something I cannot fully describe and give justice to. You just have to hear it for yourself. Please take note, however: not everybody is going to like this. A lot of factors are against it already because of how heavy it is, and how unlike traditional Prog Rock it sounds. But for the more adventurous listener, you should have no problem embracing the music for what it is on its own merits. The softer, melodic moments feel just as valid and frequent as the psychedelic moments or heavy, experimental moments. Just because it's more Metal-oriented in general doesn't make it an album strictly for metal fans. Just try it out. I certainly consider it to be a shining gem hidden among a vast pool of dry, uninteresting rocks in the experimental Metal scene.

Brutal. Eclectic. Beautiful. 4 Stars.

Send comments to JLocke (BETA) | Report this review (#306665) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 stars I got this album as a recommendation from a friend. I always trusted his recommendations as he's never let me down in the past, and I do have an open mind, so I thought I'd give this a go. I was blown away by the second track. Really great stuff. This album excels for many reasons. First of a ... (read more)

Report this review (#542140) | Posted by DisgruntledPorcupine | Tuesday, October 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Withering to death got endless spins on my CD player as it was a progression from the old Dir En Grey into the new Dir En Grey, more growling and screaming, heavier riffs but still not as heavy and dynamic as I would have liked. When The Marrow of A Bone Came out in 2007 It had more spin time t ... (read more)

Report this review (#188825) | Posted by WindKun | Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIR EN GREY "Uroboros"