UROBOROS

Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Sa Bir (2:01)
2. Vinushka (9:37)
3. Red Soil (3:24)
4. Doukoku To Sarinu (3:48)
5. Toguro (3:57)
6. Glass Skin (4:27)
7. Stuck Man (3:35)
8. Reiketsu Nariseba (3:32)
9. Ware, Yami Tote (7:00)
10. Bugaboo (4:43)
11. Gaika, Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro (4:22)
12. Dozing Green (4:06)
13. Inconvenient Ideal (4:19)
14. Dozing Green (JP) (4:08)

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros lyrics

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros tabs

- Tooru Nishimura aka Kyō Vocals / guitars
- Hara Toshimasa aka Toshiya Bass / Back Vocals
- Kaoru Niikura Guitar / Back Vocals / Keyboard
- Daisuke Andou aka Die Guitar / Back Vocals / Mandoline
- Shinya Terashi Drums /Keyboard

Firewall Div./SMEJ (Japan), The End Records (U.S.), Gan-Shin (Europe).
Release date 11/11/2008

Also available on Bandcamp: http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

Thanks to Windkun for the addition
and to The Miracle for the last updates

DIR EN GREY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIR EN GREY Uroboros Music

The Marrow of a BoneThe Marrow of a Bone
Warcon 2007
UroborosUroboros
The End Records 2008
Uroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon BudokanUroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon Budokan
CD+DVD
The End Records 2010
KisouKisou
Sony 2002
VulgarVulgar
Gan-Shin 2012
Audio CD$21.17 (used)
Dir en Grey UROBOROS CD+DVD+LP (LIMITED EDITION). Out of print. US $75.00 [0 bids]
51m 46s
DIR EN GREY THE MARROW OF A BONE ALBUM JROCK US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dir en grey JAPAN VERSION SINGLE CD FILTH US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Dir en grey JAPAN LIMITED EDITION ZAN 8CM CD + CARD JC US $20.69 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Dir en grey - Six Ugly e.p. Japan CD Visual Kei Jrock Music US $40.41 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Dir en grey - Dozing Green (First Press) Japan Visual Kei Jrock CD US $35.71 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Dir en grey The marrow of a bone (Limited 1st Press) Japan Music 2CD Visual Kei US $51.99 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Dir en grey - mitsu to tsuba ??? - Japan Metal CD Single Visual Kei sukekiyo US $92.14 Buy It Now 11h 55m
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 4 DVD Ltd/Ed Z25 B US $112.50 Buy It Now 14h 32m
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 2 DVD Q85 B US $77.50 Buy It Now 14h 35m
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION ALBUM CD SIX UGLY JP US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 38m
DIR EN GREY - DUM SPIRO SPERO - OKCD0005 US $19.71 Buy It Now 15h 4m
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN BLU-RAY DVD T48 B US $88.50 Buy It Now 15h 44m
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 3 BLU-RAY DVD Ltd/Ed AB88 B US $123.50 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Withering to Death by Dir en Grey (CD, May-2006, Warcon) CD with Bonus DVD US $13.00 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Six Ugly by Dir en Grey (CD, Dec-2002, Sony) US $41.17 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Dir en grey 2 CD THE MARROW OF A BONE 1st Press Limited Edition JAPAN SEALED NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 32m
Dir En Grey - Average Blasphemy NEW DVD US $23.36 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Dir En Grey - Uroboros / At Nippon Budokan NEW 2 x CD US $26.88 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Marrow of a Bone album by Dir en grey (Warcon American ver j-rock) US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Dir en grey ZAN w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan (3) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey Yurameki w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan (2) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey Akuro no Oka w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey DIFFERENT SENSE Limited Edition Maxi-Single DVD Japan US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en Grey Embryo Single CD Jrock Jpop Music 2001 Japan J-rock J-pop US $3.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey CD "THE MARROW OF A BONE" Album New! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Filth [Single] by Dir en Grey (CD, Dec-2002, Sony) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Embryo by Dir en Grey (CD, Dec-2001, Sony) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey Akuro no Oka Single 8cm CD+Card Japan Ver US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Marrow Of A Bone Dir En Grey Aria US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey Yurameki 8cm CD+Card Japan Ver US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY Ryoujoku no Ame Single CD ( j-rock v-kei japanese) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey Yokan 8cm Single Japan CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
***DIR EN GREY UROBOROS VINYL LP RECORD RARE NEW* BONUS GIFT INCLUDED ROCK METAL US $166.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Dum Spiro Spero by Dir en Grey *New CD* US $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-DIFFERENT SENSE-JAPAN CD C15 US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey - [Kr] Cube - Japan Visual Kei Metal Music CD sukekiyo US $20.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Yukiya w/ Kreis - Broken - Japan Visual Kei Music CD Dir en grey Jils Kain US $16.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey - myaku - Jrock Japan Music CD Single Visual Kei w/ stickers Kyo US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey - ain't afraid to die - Japan Visual Kei Metal Music CD sukekiyo US $20.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey - Dum Spiro Spero Limited Ver. 2CD 1DVD 2LP Japan Free EMS Shippinh US $159.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dozing Green - Dir En Grey New & Sealed CD MAXI-SINGLE (JC) Free Shipping US $36.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey Concert Tour Shirt and The Marrow of a Bone Album JROCK t-shirt US $19.99 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS DVD regular edition US $0.00 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD MACABRE JP US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros [CD New] US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Kisou by Dir en Grey (CD, 2002, Alion) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Dir En Grey - Unraveling [CD New] US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - UNRAVELING (IMPORT) NEW CD US $40.19 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY-DIFFERENT SENSE-JAPAN CD+DVD LIMITED D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION ALBUM 2CD BEST Decade 1998-2002 JC US $31.49 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS (+DVD) (DLX) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.89 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - DUM SPIRO SPERO (DLX) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey JAPAN VERSION EP 8cmCD I'll US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY-SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH-JAPAN CD+DVD FIRST PRESS Ltd/Ed D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros-With The Proof In The Name Of CD US $20.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero (Deluxe Edition) CD US $16.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros CD THE END RECORDS US $14.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - UNRAVELING - BONUS DVD (IMPORT) NEW CD US $62.91 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO-JAPAN CD G88 US $32.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros NEW CD US $16.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero NEW CD Digi US $19.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir En Grey Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Withering to Death by Dir en Grey (CD, May-2006, Warcon); LN! US $24.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Kisou by Dir en Grey (CD, Dec-2002, Sony) visual kei metal rock official sexy US $32.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Withering to Death by Dir en Grey (CD, May-2006, Warcon) US $3.00 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY I'll 8cm CD out of print rare japan version 1998 US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY Missa CD 1999 Japan version w/OBI US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY Gauze CD 2001 Japan Version w/OBI out of print US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY DUM SPIRO SPERO CD Mint From Japan US $24.48 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY - Uroboros - CD Album US $6.40 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY_Queensberry_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA_D2 US $9.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero 2012 (NEW CD) US $23.66 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD C15 US $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN 2CD LTD I19 zd US $38.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN CD G88 US $32.50 Buy It Now 3 days
OFFICIAL Dir en grey DVD "Kimon" Jrock KYO Region 2 rock metal goth visual kei US $35.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD DVD LTD D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION 1ST ALBUM CD GAUZE JP US $22.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Marrow of a Bone [PA] by Dir en Grey (CD, Feb-2007, Warcon) US $4.75 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION CD Ryojoku no Ame JC US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Various Artist - Endo Michirou Tribute Romanist - Japan CD Dir en grey Buck Tick US $51.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey - Kisou ?? Japan Jrock Visual Kei Music CD Filth embryo Jessica US $44.17 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey - Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami US $35.71 Buy It Now 4 days
sukekiyo - Immortalis (Webshop ver.) Japan Visual Kei Metal Music CD Dir en grey US $150.99 Buy It Now 4 days
sukekiyo - Daemon's Cutlery (sold at live venue only) Japan Metal ep Dir en grey US $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey - Uroboros Remastered & Expanded - Japan Jrock Visual Kei Music CD US $70.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY UROBOROS 2 DISC DELUXE CD DVD NEW SEALED WITH PROOF AT NIPPON US $14.43 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY missa CD Near-MINT Japan EAST WEST 1997 press US $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir En Grey Tour 00-01 Macabre Cd Dvd Mint US $24.06 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY-HAGESHISA TO KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA~-JAPAN CD C15 US $16.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE UNRAVELING Complete Limited Edition DIR EN GREY CD + DVD Japan US $102.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey GLASS SKIN 1st press Limited edition CD includes sticker Visual Kei US $8.99 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION ALBUM 2CD BEST Decade 1998-2002 JC US $22.49 Buy It Now 5 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD UROBOROS JC US $26.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Remix Album by Dir en Grey (CD, Aug-2001, Sony/Columbia) rock metal visual kei US $32.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey "SAKU" Music Soundtrack CD Japanese US $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir En Grey - The Unraveling NEW CD US $22.95 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy DIR EN GREY music online Buy DIR EN GREY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIR EN GREY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(56%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(44%)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros reviews

Review by JLocke
4 stars A gem among mere rocks.

I had never listened to Dir En Grey prior to this album, although I had heard the name a few times, but never was I all that interested in checking them out. Metal bands that claim to be original are so common now, I can't waste time wading through all the duds such claims end up roping me into. In this album and band's case, however, everything positive you may have heard is true.

The most stand-out feature is of course Kyo, the lead singer/growler/screecher/voice actor of the piece. He instantly put me in mind of Mike Patton during his Mr. Bungle days, although both singers are quite distinct, the only real similarity being in their attitudes and avant-garde approach to the role of vocals. Not only can Kyo sing and growl as good as the next metal guy, he seems capable of doing pretty much anything with his voice if challenged to do so. A real master. He also plays guitars on the album, and provides just as much flare, although not quite as much originality. The two main guitarists of the band most likely pull of the more complex stuff.

The music itself is enjoyable all throughout the album's length. Instrumentation is simpler and more basic in some spots, but for the most part I found myself being surprised more times than other, more generic heavy works would have provided. In fact, I'll get to the comment I made earlier about the guitar playing. It isn't that the playing itself is completely unoriginal, it's just that when compared to his vocals, Kyo seems to take a much more traditional approach to how he approaches the instrument. That being said, I still find his riffs to be intriguing and memorable more often than not. How much of the riffs are actually played by him, however, I am not entirely sure.

Sometimes the album veers in a more J-Pop direction, but never loses the edge or originality despite this. I quite like the stark contrast between the happy, upbeat melody of the pop against the grimy, surrealistic heaviness. While not every song produces this unusual mixture, when it does happen you won't need to hold your ears. These guys knew what they were doing. I found the band's ability to blend traditional rock music with the dark, pumping experimental soundscapes refreshing and worth repeating. This album has already shot up to a frequent listening position on my playlist.

Keep in mind, this is indeed the first and only Dir En Grey album I have yet to experience. I usually try to limit myself in rating single albums in larger discographies under this circumstance, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on this release right now because nobody has really said much about them on here, and I think that's a shame. This band deserves to be listened to and reviewed by members of the site, because I do think there is a lot to love here. Granted, due to my lack of experience with previous Dir En Grey releases, I can only really recommend this single album until I lay ears on the rest.

Apparently, the group hasn't always sounded like and came out of the Visual Kei scene. How what started out as a Glam band has been able to evolve to this point, I can only speculate. But, there it is. The music contained in this release really is fantastic and really is worth your time. Sure, sometimes it can sound like something more familiar to you from the Japanese pop scene, but the next moment the experience will drag into new depths of dark experimentation. You'll find pieces in here that will remind you of the best moments of Opeth right next to other elements that might make you think more about Mr. Bungle or even Henry Cow. Yet at the same time, this album sounds nothing like any of these individually. It's a seamless melting pot of all those experimental ideas meets more traditional pop and metal. All the while being led full charge by Kyo and his amazing, ever-changing voice. A true roller-coaster ride.

As soon as I finished listening to Uroboros for the first time, I felt immediately compelled to listen to it all over again. It really is something I cannot fully describe and give justice to. You just have to hear it for yourself. Please take note, however: not everybody is going to like this. A lot of factors are against it already because of how heavy it is, and how unlike traditional Prog Rock it sounds. But for the more adventurous listener, you should have no problem embracing the music for what it is on its own merits. The softer, melodic moments feel just as valid and frequent as the psychedelic moments or heavy, experimental moments. Just because it's more Metal-oriented in general doesn't make it an album strictly for metal fans. Just try it out. I certainly consider it to be a shining gem hidden among a vast pool of dry, uninteresting rocks in the experimental Metal scene.

Brutal. Eclectic. Beautiful. 4 Stars.

Send comments to JLocke (BETA) | Report this review (#306665) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 stars I got this album as a recommendation from a friend. I always trusted his recommendations as he's never let me down in the past, and I do have an open mind, so I thought I'd give this a go. I was blown away by the second track. Really great stuff. This album excels for many reasons. First of a ... (read more)

Report this review (#542140) | Posted by DisgruntledPorcupine | Tuesday, October 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Withering to death got endless spins on my CD player as it was a progression from the old Dir En Grey into the new Dir En Grey, more growling and screaming, heavier riffs but still not as heavy and dynamic as I would have liked. When The Marrow of A Bone Came out in 2007 It had more spin time t ... (read more)

Report this review (#188825) | Posted by WindKun | Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIR EN GREY "Uroboros"