UROBOROS

Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Sa Bir (2:01)
2. Vinushka (9:37)
3. Red Soil (3:24)
4. Doukoku To Sarinu (3:48)
5. Toguro (3:57)
6. Glass Skin (4:27)
7. Stuck Man (3:35)
8. Reiketsu Nariseba (3:32)
9. Ware, Yami Tote (7:00)
10. Bugaboo (4:43)
11. Gaika, Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro (4:22)
12. Dozing Green (4:06)
13. Inconvenient Ideal (4:19)
14. Dozing Green (JP) (4:08)

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros lyrics

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros tabs

- Tooru Nishimura aka Ky˘ Vocals / guitars
- Hara Toshimasa aka Toshiya Bass / Back Vocals
- Kaoru Niikura Guitar / Back Vocals / Keyboard
- Daisuke Andou aka Die Guitar / Back Vocals / Mandoline
- Shinya Terashi Drums /Keyboard

Firewall Div./SMEJ (Japan), The End Records (U.S.), Gan-Shin (Europe).
Release date 11/11/2008

Also available on Bandcamp: http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

Thanks to Windkun for the addition
and to The Miracle for the last updates

DIR EN GREY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIR EN GREY Uroboros Music

KasumiKasumi
Sony 2003
[KR]cube[KR]cube
East West Japan
New SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH DIR EN GREY Single, CD+DVD, Limited Edition From Japan US $89.90 Buy It Now 2h 42m
DIR EN GREY-SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH-JAPAN CD+DVD FIRST PRESS Ltd/Ed D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO-JAPAN CD G88 US $34.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Dir En Grey Uroboros Regular Edition JAPAN MUSIC CD NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 56m
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS:WITH THE PROOF IN THE NAME O CD NEW US $18.71 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS (W/DVD) (DLX) (DIG) CD NEW US $15.74 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO (DLX) (DIG) CD NEW US $15.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey KISOU CD ALBUM Music Soundtrack US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey "KAI" Jrock RARE! CD ALBUM Japanese US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en Grey Embryo Single CD Jrock Jpop Music 2001 Japan J-rock J-pop US $3.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir en grey - Macabre - Japan Visual Kei Metal Music CD Album Jrock Myaku US $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey Dum Spiro Spero CD New 2011 Japanese Prog Metal US $11.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero [CD New] US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN 2CD LTD I19 zd US $41.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN CD G88 US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-LOTUS-JAPAN CD DVD LTD D73 US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Japan Metal Band - DUM SPIRO SPERO CD - Near Mint US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero NEW 2 x LP US $30.21 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY - DOZING GREEN (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - The Rose Trims Again NEW DVD US $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Tour 05 It Withers And Withers NEW DVD US $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Average Blasphemy NEW DVD US $20.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Dir En Grey - Uroboros / At Nippon Budokan NEW 2 x CD US $24.37 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY-GLASS SKIN-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DIR EN GREY - TOUR 05 IT WITHERS AND WITHERS - NEW DVD US $22.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey - The Unraveling (Limited Edition) Japan 2 CD + DVD Visual Kei Music US $85.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED EDITION 1ST ALBUM CD GAUZE JP US $37.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY - WITHERING TO DEATH / SEALED 2005 FIREWALL DIVISION JAPAN / J-ROCK US $22.99 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY-HAGESHISA TO KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA~-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD UROBOROS JP US $28.49 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY Average Fury JAPAN VERSION DVD JP US $47.49 Buy It Now 2 days
MELTGSNOW Black Penance PARADISE LOST DIR EN GREY NEW!! US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DIR EN GREY DUM SPIRO SPERO CD Mint From Japan US $21.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Uroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon Budokan, US $5.53 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY missa CD Near-MINT Japan EAST WEST 1997 press US $25.00 [0 bids]
DIR EN GREY TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS DVD regular edition US $25.00 [0 bids]
Dir en grey 2 CD THE MARROW OF A BONE 1st Press Limited Edition JAPAN SEALED NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY CONCERT PROMO FLYER CIRCO VOLADOR MEXICAN PRESS VERY RARE US $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIR EN GREY-SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 3 DVD V68 US $97.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: LIMITED EDITION-JAPAN 2 BLU-RAY VIDEO Y38 US $108.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: NORMAL EDITION-JAPAN BLU-RAY VIDEO U06 US $90.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS [DIR EN GREY] [654436012320] - NEW CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Marrow of a Bone - Dir En Grey New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $27.72 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY-TOUR13 GHOUL: NORMAL EDITION-JAPAN 2 DVD R36 US $79.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir En Grey - Marrow Of A Bone [CD New] US $21.63 Buy It Now 4 days
dir en grey - Set 3 8cm Cd Singles - Yurameki, San, Akuro No oka US $38.00 [0 bids]
Dir En Grey - Unraveling [CD New] US $58.31 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey Uroboros Limited Edition OBI 2CD 1 DVD 2 LP Japan Free EMS Shipping US $150.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey - RED 8cm Cage cd single, first print US $15.00 [0 bids]
Dir en grey "THE MARROW OF A BONE" CD ALBUM Soundtrack US $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
New DIR EN GREY SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH Limited Edition CD DVD Japan F/S US $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DIR EN GREY - DUM SPIRO SPERO NEW CD US $16.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey "Withering to death " CD ALBUM Jrock Japan US $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DIR EN GREY - MACABRE - NEW CD US $30.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey - KAI Remix 01 - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 13Tracks US $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION EARLY 8CM CD SET A LOT JC US $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DIR EN GREY - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF J2) US $8.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey "JEALOUS" Music Soundtrack CD Single Maxi US $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
New sukekiyo IMMORTALIS Limited Edition CD Japan SFCD-133 DIR EN GREY Kyo US $70.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey Agitated Screams of Maggots 1st Press Limited Japan CD SFCD-0046 US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey MISSA 1st Indies Press Japan CD w/OBI FWR-029 US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey JESSICA 1st Press Limited Edition Japan CD+Sticker w/OBI SFCD-0009 US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CD Dir en grey Zan AMDM-6269 1999 US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey - promo postcard US $1.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey THE FINAL Music Soundtrack CD Japanese US $17.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION CD FILTH US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey embryo Japan CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey Kasumi Japan CD w/OBI US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey - Dozing Green (First Press) Japan Visual Kei Jrock CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey The marrow of a bone (Limited 1st Press) Japan Music 2CD Visual Kei US $51.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey - Six Ugly e.p. Japan CD Visual Kei Jrock Music US $42.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir En Grey - Tour 05 It Withers And Withers NEW DVD US $23.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir En Grey - The Unraveling NEW CD US $25.68 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey Akuro no Oka Single 8cm CD Japan Ver US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey Akuro no Oka 8cm Single Japan CD+Card+Sticker US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey Yurameki 8cm Single Japan CD+Card US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey DOZING GREENI Music Soundtrack CD Single US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey JAPAN VERSION SINGLE CD FILTH US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey JAPAN LIMITED EDITION ZAN 8CM CD + CARD JC US $22.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey ZAN w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan (3) US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey Yurameki w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan (2) US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey Akuro no Oka w/Trading Card 8cm-Single Japan US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dir en grey DIFFERENT SENSE Limited Edition Maxi-Single DVD Japan US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 4 DVD Ltd/Ed Z25 B US $112.50 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 2 DVD Q85 B US $77.50 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN LIMITED VERSION ALBUM CD SIX UGLY JP US $14.24 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY - DUM SPIRO SPERO - OKCD0005 US $19.98 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN BLU-RAY DVD T48 B US $88.50 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY-DUM SPIRO SPERO AT NIPPON BUDOKAN-JAPAN 3 BLU-RAY DVD Ltd/Ed AB88 B US $123.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Dir en Grey - Uroboros (CD 2008) LA:SADIES SUKEKIYO US $11.35 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy DIR EN GREY music online Buy DIR EN GREY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIR EN GREY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(56%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(44%)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros reviews

Review by JLocke
4 stars A gem among mere rocks.

I had never listened to Dir En Grey prior to this album, although I had heard the name a few times, but never was I all that interested in checking them out. Metal bands that claim to be original are so common now, I can't waste time wading through all the duds such claims end up roping me into. In this album and band's case, however, everything positive you may have heard is true.

The most stand-out feature is of course Kyo, the lead singer/growler/screecher/voice actor of the piece. He instantly put me in mind of Mike Patton during his Mr. Bungle days, although both singers are quite distinct, the only real similarity being in their attitudes and avant-garde approach to the role of vocals. Not only can Kyo sing and growl as good as the next metal guy, he seems capable of doing pretty much anything with his voice if challenged to do so. A real master. He also plays guitars on the album, and provides just as much flare, although not quite as much originality. The two main guitarists of the band most likely pull of the more complex stuff.

The music itself is enjoyable all throughout the album's length. Instrumentation is simpler and more basic in some spots, but for the most part I found myself being surprised more times than other, more generic heavy works would have provided. In fact, I'll get to the comment I made earlier about the guitar playing. It isn't that the playing itself is completely unoriginal, it's just that when compared to his vocals, Kyo seems to take a much more traditional approach to how he approaches the instrument. That being said, I still find his riffs to be intriguing and memorable more often than not. How much of the riffs are actually played by him, however, I am not entirely sure.

Sometimes the album veers in a more J-Pop direction, but never loses the edge or originality despite this. I quite like the stark contrast between the happy, upbeat melody of the pop against the grimy, surrealistic heaviness. While not every song produces this unusual mixture, when it does happen you won't need to hold your ears. These guys knew what they were doing. I found the band's ability to blend traditional rock music with the dark, pumping experimental soundscapes refreshing and worth repeating. This album has already shot up to a frequent listening position on my playlist.

Keep in mind, this is indeed the first and only Dir En Grey album I have yet to experience. I usually try to limit myself in rating single albums in larger discographies under this circumstance, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on this release right now because nobody has really said much about them on here, and I think that's a shame. This band deserves to be listened to and reviewed by members of the site, because I do think there is a lot to love here. Granted, due to my lack of experience with previous Dir En Grey releases, I can only really recommend this single album until I lay ears on the rest.

Apparently, the group hasn't always sounded like and came out of the Visual Kei scene. How what started out as a Glam band has been able to evolve to this point, I can only speculate. But, there it is. The music contained in this release really is fantastic and really is worth your time. Sure, sometimes it can sound like something more familiar to you from the Japanese pop scene, but the next moment the experience will drag into new depths of dark experimentation. You'll find pieces in here that will remind you of the best moments of Opeth right next to other elements that might make you think more about Mr. Bungle or even Henry Cow. Yet at the same time, this album sounds nothing like any of these individually. It's a seamless melting pot of all those experimental ideas meets more traditional pop and metal. All the while being led full charge by Kyo and his amazing, ever-changing voice. A true roller-coaster ride.

As soon as I finished listening to Uroboros for the first time, I felt immediately compelled to listen to it all over again. It really is something I cannot fully describe and give justice to. You just have to hear it for yourself. Please take note, however: not everybody is going to like this. A lot of factors are against it already because of how heavy it is, and how unlike traditional Prog Rock it sounds. But for the more adventurous listener, you should have no problem embracing the music for what it is on its own merits. The softer, melodic moments feel just as valid and frequent as the psychedelic moments or heavy, experimental moments. Just because it's more Metal-oriented in general doesn't make it an album strictly for metal fans. Just try it out. I certainly consider it to be a shining gem hidden among a vast pool of dry, uninteresting rocks in the experimental Metal scene.

Brutal. Eclectic. Beautiful. 4 Stars.

Send comments to JLocke (BETA) | Report this review (#306665) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 stars I got this album as a recommendation from a friend. I always trusted his recommendations as he's never let me down in the past, and I do have an open mind, so I thought I'd give this a go. I was blown away by the second track. Really great stuff. This album excels for many reasons. First of a ... (read more)

Report this review (#542140) | Posted by DisgruntledPorcupine | Tuesday, October 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Withering to death got endless spins on my CD player as it was a progression from the old Dir En Grey into the new Dir En Grey, more growling and screaming, heavier riffs but still not as heavy and dynamic as I would have liked. When The Marrow of A Bone Came out in 2007 It had more spin time t ... (read more)

Report this review (#188825) | Posted by WindKun | Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIR EN GREY "Uroboros"