UROBOROS

Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Sa Bir (2:01)
2. Vinushka (9:37)
3. Red Soil (3:24)
4. Doukoku To Sarinu (3:48)
5. Toguro (3:57)
6. Glass Skin (4:27)
7. Stuck Man (3:35)
8. Reiketsu Nariseba (3:32)
9. Ware, Yami Tote (7:00)
10. Bugaboo (4:43)
11. Gaika, Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro (4:22)
12. Dozing Green (4:06)
13. Inconvenient Ideal (4:19)
14. Dozing Green (JP) (4:08)

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros lyrics

Search DIR EN GREY Uroboros tabs

- Tooru Nishimura aka Kyō Vocals / guitars
- Hara Toshimasa aka Toshiya Bass / Back Vocals
- Kaoru Niikura Guitar / Back Vocals / Keyboard
- Daisuke Andou aka Die Guitar / Back Vocals / Mandoline
- Shinya Terashi Drums /Keyboard

Firewall Div./SMEJ (Japan), The End Records (U.S.), Gan-Shin (Europe).
Release date 11/11/2008

Also available on Bandcamp: http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

Thanks to Windkun for the addition
and to The Miracle for the last updates

DIR EN GREY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIR EN GREY Uroboros Music

UroborosUroboros
The End Records 2008
Uroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon BudokanUroboros: With the Proof in the Name of Living - at Nippon Budokan
CD+DVD
Gan-Shin 2012
Uroboros by Dir En Grey [Music CD]Uroboros by Dir En Grey [Music CD]
Gan Shin
Uroboros by Dir en Grey (CD, Nov-2008, The End) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dir en grey - Uroboros Limited Edition 2CD 1 DVD 2 LP Japan Free EMS Shipping USD $190.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir en grey UROBOROS 1st Press Limited Edition Japan 2CD+DVD+2LP Box USD $156.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Dir En Grey Uroboros USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dir en grey UROBOROS 1st Press Limited Edition Japan 2CD w/OBI SFCD-0063 USD $37.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Dir en grey UROBOROS Enhanced CD ALBUM Music Soundtrack USD $24.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS: WITH THE PROOF IN THE NAME OF LIVING NEW CD USD $20.74 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir en grey: Uroboros [Limited Edition, 2CD] (Japan) USD $60.15 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir En Grey ?- Uroboros - 2008 The End Records - Like New USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir En Grey Uroboros (W/Dvd) (Dlx) (Dig) CD USD $11.47 Buy It Now 6 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros / At Nippon Budokan (NEW CD) USD $26.05 Buy It Now 6 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS [DIR EN GREY] [654436012320] - NEW CD USD $10.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Uroboros-With The Proof In The Name Of - Dir En Grey (2010, CD New) USD $13.95 Buy It Now 7 days
UROBOROS:WITH THE PROOF IN THE NAME O BY DIR EN GREY (CD) USD $22.90 Buy It Now 7 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $13.70 Buy It Now 7 days
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN 2CD LTD I19 zd USD $35.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS-JAPAN CD G88 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros-With The Proof In The Name Of [CD New] USD $16.42 Buy It Now 9 days
Dir En Grey Uroboros 2012 Remix Edition Japan JRock Music CD NEW USD $46.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros (CD New) USD $11.32 Buy It Now 11 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros [CD New] USD $10.78 Buy It Now 11 days
Dir en grey - Uroboros Remastered & Expanded - Japan Jrock Visual Kei Music CD USD $64.60 Buy It Now 11 days
Uroboros [Digipak] by Dir en Grey (CD, 2008, 2 Discs, The End) USD $9.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Uroboros by Dir en Grey *New CD* USD $13.47 Buy It Now 11 days
Dir En Grey: Dum Spiro Spero 180Gram 2X Vinyl LP/3000. Rare OOP Gazette Uroboros USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Dir en grey- Uroboros CD (2008) Japan Hardcore Rock/Punk USD $9.32 Buy It Now 12 days
Uroboros Dir En Grey Japan Japanese 2 Disc Release Bonus Acoustic Set CD Limited USD $39.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Dir En Grey Vinyl LP Uroboros NM X Japan Luna Sea Deftones Killswitch Engage USD $99.99 Buy It Now 14 days
DIR EN GREY uroboros LP mint SEALED TEL123-1 USD $199.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Dir En Grey Uroboros Digipak New Factory Sealed CD, 2008 2 Discs Rare USD $8.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Uroboros by Dir en Grey (CD, Nov-2008, The End) NEW SEALED! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Uroboros [Digipak] by Dir en Grey (CD, 2008, 2 Discs, The End) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dir En Grey : Uroboros CD (2008) USD $9.31 Buy It Now 17 days
DIR EN GREY-UROBOROS (W/DVD) (DLX) (DIG) CD NEW USD $16.71 Buy It Now 17 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD UROBOROS JP USD $26.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Uroboros:with the Proof in the Name O - En Grey Dir New & Sealed Compact Disc Fr USD $21.49 Buy It Now 19 days
Uroboros by Dir en Grey (CD, Nov-2008, The End) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Dir en grey, Uroboros Audio CD USD $11.09 Buy It Now 21 days
Uroboros - En Grey Dir New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $20.07 Buy It Now 24 days
Dir En Grey Uroboros Regular Edition JAPAN MUSIC CD NEW USD $45.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros / At Nippon Budokan BRAND NEW SEALED CD / DVD USD $7.77 Buy It Now 24 days
***DIR EN GREY UROBOROS VINYL LP RECORD RARE NEW* BONUS GIFT INCLUDED ROCK METAL USD $166.66 Buy It Now 25 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros [CD New] USD $12.58 Buy It Now 26 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS (+DVD) (DLX) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $17.41 Buy It Now 26 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros-With The Proof In The Name Of CD USD $20.79 Buy It Now 26 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros CD THE END RECORDS USD $15.49 Buy It Now 26 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros CD USD $16.89 Buy It Now 26 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS NEW CD USD $15.10 Buy It Now 27 days
DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS: WITH THE PROOF IN THE NAME OF LIVING... AT - NEW CD USD $13.44 Buy It Now 29 days
DIR EN GREY JAPAN VERSION ALBUM CD UROBOROS JC USD $26.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Dir En Grey - Uroboros (CD New) USD $12.95 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy DIR EN GREY music online Buy DIR EN GREY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIR EN GREY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

DIR EN GREY Uroboros reviews

Review by JLocke
4 stars A gem among mere rocks.

I had never listened to Dir En Grey prior to this album, although I had heard the name a few times, but never was I all that interested in checking them out. Metal bands that claim to be original are so common now, I can't waste time wading through all the duds such claims end up roping me into. In this album and band's case, however, everything positive you may have heard is true.

The most stand-out feature is of course Kyo, the lead singer/growler/screecher/voice actor of the piece. He instantly put me in mind of Mike Patton during his Mr. Bungle days, although both singers are quite distinct, the only real similarity being in their attitudes and avant-garde approach to the role of vocals. Not only can Kyo sing and growl as good as the next metal guy, he seems capable of doing pretty much anything with his voice if challenged to do so. A real master. He also plays guitars on the album, and provides just as much flare, although not quite as much originality. The two main guitarists of the band most likely pull of the more complex stuff.

The music itself is enjoyable all throughout the album's length. Instrumentation is simpler and more basic in some spots, but for the most part I found myself being surprised more times than other, more generic heavy works would have provided. In fact, I'll get to the comment I made earlier about the guitar playing. It isn't that the playing itself is completely unoriginal, it's just that when compared to his vocals, Kyo seems to take a much more traditional approach to how he approaches the instrument. That being said, I still find his riffs to be intriguing and memorable more often than not. How much of the riffs are actually played by him, however, I am not entirely sure.

Sometimes the album veers in a more J-Pop direction, but never loses the edge or originality despite this. I quite like the stark contrast between the happy, upbeat melody of the pop against the grimy, surrealistic heaviness. While not every song produces this unusual mixture, when it does happen you won't need to hold your ears. These guys knew what they were doing. I found the band's ability to blend traditional rock music with the dark, pumping experimental soundscapes refreshing and worth repeating. This album has already shot up to a frequent listening position on my playlist.

Keep in mind, this is indeed the first and only Dir En Grey album I have yet to experience. I usually try to limit myself in rating single albums in larger discographies under this circumstance, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on this release right now because nobody has really said much about them on here, and I think that's a shame. This band deserves to be listened to and reviewed by members of the site, because I do think there is a lot to love here. Granted, due to my lack of experience with previous Dir En Grey releases, I can only really recommend this single album until I lay ears on the rest.

Apparently, the group hasn't always sounded like and came out of the Visual Kei scene. How what started out as a Glam band has been able to evolve to this point, I can only speculate. But, there it is. The music contained in this release really is fantastic and really is worth your time. Sure, sometimes it can sound like something more familiar to you from the Japanese pop scene, but the next moment the experience will drag into new depths of dark experimentation. You'll find pieces in here that will remind you of the best moments of Opeth right next to other elements that might make you think more about Mr. Bungle or even Henry Cow. Yet at the same time, this album sounds nothing like any of these individually. It's a seamless melting pot of all those experimental ideas meets more traditional pop and metal. All the while being led full charge by Kyo and his amazing, ever-changing voice. A true roller-coaster ride.

As soon as I finished listening to Uroboros for the first time, I felt immediately compelled to listen to it all over again. It really is something I cannot fully describe and give justice to. You just have to hear it for yourself. Please take note, however: not everybody is going to like this. A lot of factors are against it already because of how heavy it is, and how unlike traditional Prog Rock it sounds. But for the more adventurous listener, you should have no problem embracing the music for what it is on its own merits. The softer, melodic moments feel just as valid and frequent as the psychedelic moments or heavy, experimental moments. Just because it's more Metal-oriented in general doesn't make it an album strictly for metal fans. Just try it out. I certainly consider it to be a shining gem hidden among a vast pool of dry, uninteresting rocks in the experimental Metal scene.

Brutal. Eclectic. Beautiful. 4 Stars.

Send comments to JLocke (BETA) | Report this review (#306665) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 stars I got this album as a recommendation from a friend. I always trusted his recommendations as he's never let me down in the past, and I do have an open mind, so I thought I'd give this a go. I was blown away by the second track. Really great stuff. This album excels for many reasons. First of a ... (read more)

Report this review (#542140) | Posted by DisgruntledPorcupine | Tuesday, October 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Withering to death got endless spins on my CD player as it was a progression from the old Dir En Grey into the new Dir En Grey, more growling and screaming, heavier riffs but still not as heavy and dynamic as I would have liked. When The Marrow of A Bone Came out in 2007 It had more spin time t ... (read more)

Report this review (#188825) | Posted by WindKun | Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIR EN GREY "Uroboros"