JAGANNATH ORBIT

Anima Mundi

Anima Mundi Jagannath Orbit album cover

Buy ANIMA MUNDI Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. We Are the Light (17:43)
2. The Awaken Dreamer in the Soul Garden Dreams the Flower Planets (4:39)
3. Toward the Adventure (6:20)
4. There's a Place not Faraway (5:20)
5. Jagannath Orbit (in the Orbit of Love) (11:46)
6. Rhythm of the Spheres (16:31)
7. Sanctuary (5:21)

Search ANIMA MUNDI Jagannath Orbit lyrics

Search ANIMA MUNDI Jagannath Orbit tabs

- Roberto Díaz / guitars, bass in song 2, vocals
- Virginia Peraza / keyboards
- Yaroski Corredera / bass
- Ariel Valdés / drums, bongo, batá.
- Osvaldo Vieites / drums.
- Carlos Sosa / lead vocals

Guest Musicians:
- Anaisy Gómez / clarinet, bagpipe, recorder
- Javier Mauri / percussion, recorder
- Donna Betancourt / bassoon
- Jacobo García / didgeridoo.

Musea

Thanks to memowakeman for the addition

ANIMA MUNDI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANIMA MUNDI Jagannath Orbit Music

Audio CD$28.95 (used)
Anima MundiAnima Mundi
CD Baby 2008
Anima mundi- the way (musea) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dionysus Anima Mundi CD (2004, Avalon, Made in Japan) Incl OBI US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Philip Glass - Anima Mundi (Original Soundtrack, 1993) CD US $11.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Hurlstone Trio Anima Mundi - Romantic Piano Trios CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 4 days
ANIMA MUNDI - THE WAY SEALED 2010 CUBAN PROGRESSIVE GIANTS US $17.74 Buy It Now 5 days
soundtrack, Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack CD, Philip Glass US $20.86 Buy It Now 5 days
Forsaken (Malta) Anima Mundi DLP Trouble Saint Vitus Candlemass Memory Garden US $20.00 [0 bids]
PHILIP GLASS anima mundi GODFREY REGGIO - ELEKTRA CD NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DANIELPOUR- Concerto for Orchestra & Anima Mundi CD (Zinman/Pittsburgh) MINT US $5.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Ingrid Karklins - Anima Mundi (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 10 days
Glass: Anima Mundi (Original Soundtrack Recording) cd NM US $5.19 Buy It Now 13 days
Richard Danielpour: Concerto for Orchestra; Anima Mundi (CD, Apr-1997, Sony... US $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
ANIMA MUNDI - CD - SOUNDTRACK - PHILIP GLASS US $16.53 Buy It Now 15 days
ANIMA MUNDI - Another World II [AA] US $6.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Various Artists - Anima Mundi Edizioni Musica - 19 Track US $6.46 Buy It Now 17 days
Philip Glass : Anima Mundi : Original Soundtrack CD (1993) US $11.31 Buy It Now 18 days
Philip Glass: Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack Riesman US $16.99 Buy It Now 18 days
HURLSTONE / TRIO ANIMA MUNDI - ROMANTIC PIANO TRIOS NEW CD US $24.40 Buy It Now 18 days
Dionysus: Anima Mundi CD ECD 2004 Bonus Tracks AFM / NEMS Records 333 US $10.95 Buy It Now 19 days
FORSAKEN-ANIMA MUNDI-CD-epic-doom-metal-doomsword US $19.99 Buy It Now 19 days
DIONYSUS - ANIMA MUNDI [DIONYSUS] - NEW CD US $17.95 Buy It Now 19 days
FORSAKEN Anima Mundi DOUBLE GATEFOLD LP US $56.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Anima Mundi Consort - Medival Italian Instrumental Dances [CD New] US $13.70 Buy It Now 21 days
FORSAKEN - ANIMA MUNDI - CD NEW !! CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS US $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Anima Mundi - Anima Mundi [CD New] US $13.15 Buy It Now 21 days
ANIMA MUNDI NEW CD US $18.34 Buy It Now 21 days
Romantic Piano Trios - Anima Mundi Trio New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.99 Buy It Now 24 days
INGRID KARKLINS - ANIMA MUNDI * [048248114127] - NEW CD US $14.48 Buy It Now 25 days
Philip Glass: Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack Recording (NEW) US $16.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Ingrid Karklins : Anima Mundi CD (2000) US $4.34 Buy It Now 27 days
FORSAKEN Anima Mundi 2Lp Doom Metal ltd 500 US $35.63 Buy It Now 27 days
Anima Mundi - Mundi,Anima New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $20.48 Buy It Now 28 days
Philip Glass - Anima Mundi (Original Soundtrack, 1993) CD nm US $14.58 Buy It Now 28 days
NEW - Anima Mundi by Karklins, Ingrid US $2.80 Buy It Now 28 days
Anima Mundi CD Pop Rock US $16.63 Buy It Now 28 days
Anima Mundi Consort - Medival Italian Instrumental Dances CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 28 days
Anima Mundi-Anima Mundi CD NEW US $13.41 Buy It Now 29 days
ANONYMOUS / ANIMA MUNDI CONSORT / FELICETTI - ITALIAN MEDIEVAL NEW CD US $22.25 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ANIMA MUNDI music online Buy ANIMA MUNDI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANIMA MUNDI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANIMA MUNDI Jagannath Orbit ratings distribution

ANIMA MUNDI Jagannath Orbit reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars A prog band from Cuba? Wow, this is new! I was intrigued enough to get their second CD. I was expecting some strong latin influences and maybe a little salsa or rumba to be included. Well, Not so much. There are indeed some hints of those, but in very, very small doses. Anima Mundi is a symphonic prog outfit in the stronget sense of the word, and making no secrecy of their main influence. In fact, they seem to worship Yes above all things and some parts of their music does remind strongly of their Relayer period (sometimes a little too much). But they´re not copycats. They are very talented, skillfull and deserve to receive some more atention.

The production is very good. The vocals are ok, not very outstanding, but not annoying either (in the style of... Jon Anderson, of course!). On the other side, the instrumental parts are terrific and the record is a mostly intricated, complex, melodic, tapestry of sounds. Great, powerful and dreamy keyboards parts are the dominant factor on all tracks, but the rest of the band are not far behind. There are no fillers and the songwriting & arrangements are tasteful and very well done.

Conclusion: Jagannath Orbit is very strong and pleasant album. Even if they have not developed their own style completely yet, they´re surely on the right path. A hard album to rate. I´d be giving them 3,5 stars, but they are good enough to make me round it up to 4. Very promising! I´m looking forward to hear their next works.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#205571) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 06, 2009

Review by memowakeman
4 stars A new and great Anima Mundi sound!

For those who are not familiar with this band called Anima Mundi, well let me tell you that first of all you will be surprised because they are a band from Cuba, nowadays it is not common to hear a prog band from that part of the globe, so that simple fact led me to discover the band few years ago when they released their first album entitled "Septentrion", which was a symphonic (with hints of Neo) prog album with a very original and unique style due to the predominant use of bagpipes, and vocals in Spanish.

Last year (2008) they at last released their second album, an album which I was really looking forward to listen to, and whose sound is different from their Septentrion sound, here we will find some different things and nice surprises. The name of this record is "Jagganath Orbit" which is produced by Roberto Díaz, leader of the band and a very nice person who I've been in contact with, the running time is over 65 minutes of great music divided in 7 tracks.

Jagganath Orbit kicks off with the longest song of the album, which named "We are the Light" is reaching almost 18 minutes, and a track that shows the band's step forward and their new sound. It starts with a melodic and spacey background, some piano here and there and other noises, after the first minute keyboards enter along with drums and the other instruments making a clear 90´s symphonic sound ala Spock´s Beard in some moments, then, vocals enter and this was my first surprise, they decided now to sing in English, they do it and sound good, but I personally prefer bands singing in their native language. There is a great instrumentation I like a lot the background during this epic, there are also a sitar sound and some nice guitar riffs. The song has some comes and go's, small musical changes inside it, a predominant keyboard sound and a great progressiveness. The second half of the song has some acoustic guitars and a calmed rhythm, it is not the bombastic keyboard sound, it is more melodic. But then, the initial style returns and the rest of the song continue like this.

The second track is "The Awaken Dreamer in the Soul Garden Dreams the Flower Planets", a long name to a shorter song that has a mid tempo rhythm with some guitars, and after a few moments it turns into a softer and calmer song, with synth effects like the sound of air and a spacey feeling inside it, an instrumental song, another nice surprise.

"Toward the Adventure" has some synth effects that make me feel like being walking in an unknown place, then the song becomes stronger with the help of guitars and other instruments, this time the vocals return, this track is very good but not my favourite though I enjoy the changes they do during the song.

"There's a Place not Faraway" keeps the same line of the previous song, I mean the musical direction and style is very alike, even the running time of both songs just have a one minute gap, the vocals sound very sweet in moments, and the guitar solos with a constant drumming sound and of course the keys as background make this a very good song, though a bit catchy, but it does not lose its essence.

Suddenly, you may thing the same song its running but actually there is a new track, the title track "Jagganath Orbit" (In the Orbit of Love) that lasts 11 minutes with again some time and mood changes through it, but following the same album's style, I mean there are some moments on the song that reminds me to previous tracks, in other words I believe there are some repetitive or unnecessary moments, though the song as a whole is very good actually.

The next song "Rhythm of the Spheres" starts with a didgeridoo sound, then keyboards and small changes, then guitar and drums, and then again some softly and well placed keyboard sound, I have to admit that in some moments the reminded me to Flower Kings, well, the song structure is always building up something, so you can be there listening to the track and enjoying what you are listening to, because the music maintains you there, expecting something. After 5 minutes, the song makes a little stop, those spacey effects and noises appear again. Some minutes later the song changes again, and due to some great sounds they produce, in my opinion the song is becoming better and better through the minutes. Probably my favourite track of the album, beautiful.

And finishing, we have "Sanctuary", the last 5 minutes of the album are filled with nice symphonic prog, and honestly this again reminds me to TFK, nice song anyway.

There is a point that I noticed since the very first listen, because I believe it's obvious, and it is the lack of bagpipes, I mention this because in their first record what made me love the band was their unique and original use of bagpipes in their music, I must admit I missed it a lot in this album.

Jagganath Orbit, is a very good album actually, it does not matter if they changed their sound, I believe the production is great and their new musical style is good as well, I like the album very much and I consider it is very complete and consistent, though right now I still prefer the Septentrion sound, I am also pleased with Jagganath Orbit, and since now I am looking forward to their next release. My final grade, 4 stars, take a look to the Caribbean prog, there are worth listening bands.

Enjoy it!!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#219670) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Review by Wicket
3 stars While in the middle of a good lengthy hiatus of, well, pretty much everything, coupled with high school graduation, preparation for college and constant practicing as a drummer, I figured it'd be time to clean out my computer of music I didn't like that i downloaded for some reason because I thought I would like it. That's where I stumbled upon this album.

After having brief plays of their debut album, I wasn't much of a fan of Anima Mundi. My immediate thoughts were ones of "Here's just another prog band optimistic of finding success in that small niche market of symphonic prog, to which there's already so much competition for. Give them a few years and they'll have disbanded and gotten jobs at supermarkets in a large industrial city."

The interesting thing is, though....they haven't.

While Septentrión wasn't perfect (obviously giving the fact that the production wasn't going to be much good anyway given this small group of guys live in Cuba, which is, last time I checked, still technically a Communist country), it was lively and cheerful. You could hear the optimism out of lead singer Andremil Oropeza. It was a happy and lively album, yet it still felt like a cookie-cutter prog record, something you've probably heard countless times over and over again. Not to be pessimistic, but I really thought that was going to be the end of the road for these guys.

Yet just a little over six years later, they come back strong with this record, Jagannath Orbit.

"We Are The Light" immediately kicks you into a different sense of perspective. All of a sudden, these guys have transformed from average happy-sounding prog rockers into full fledged craftsmen in the art of progressive music. Instantly the scene is livened by a stronger cultural influence, which I felt was missing in the last record. Not that it was lacking, but it was just covered up behind the guitars and synth. It seemed like these guys were trying to be too mainstream, just to get some attention, considering their place on the world map.

The opening track does well to immediately bring the bassoon, bongos and other cultural drums out into the spotlight, and the production is much clearer this time. The happy and lively atmosphere is still there, but now it feels like these guys have experimented more, resulting in little skits like the piano/clarinet ditty about twelve and a half minutes into the piece. The band also sounds much tighter, more together, even have a whiff of metalic grunt to their arsenal.

Yet when I play "The Awaken Dreamer", it sounds too new-agey to me. It literally sounds like it was copied and pasted from Septentrión onto this record. There's nothing on this track to keep me excited, more or less keep me awake. In fact it just sounds like four minutes added to the end of "We Are The Light".

Then "Toward The Adventure" thrusts me back to their new sound, albeit abbreviated to a six minute tune. The progressive nature comes back in stunning fashion, slowly etching out to some naturial sounds, ebbing and flowing into the glorious organ intro of "There's A Place Not So Faraway." This track seems to be another reminder of the happy-go-lucky, fairyland sounds of the aformentioned debut album, except with a bit more maturity in the composition and the build of the actual song structure. Instruments like the clarinet, bassoon and recorder keep the cultural influence always present, while adding an extra flare to the creativity of the music.

The title track begins, familiarly enough with a atmospheric intro, except with a march style, and, weirdly, bagpipes. Ok..... Either way, it's another intriguing introduction to another one of the records longer songs. Weirdly, however, it's a song that, when I listened to it, I sort of forgot that is was playing, which meant that it wasn't really that interesting, yet it wasn't obviously boring enough for me to turn it off. Only when the track started to climax a bit with roughly three minutes left did I come back to reality. It's a strange twilight zone track of creativity and boredom at the same time. Even listening to it again, now, I struggle to put it into words.

"Rhythm Of The Spheres" begins in a promising fashion, with a highly obvious progressive intro, coupled with, of all instruments, a didgeridoo, and another atmospheric, high-above- the-clouds synth line. In all honesty, one track of that was nice, but an entire album full of it? Not exactly my sort of thing. Yet, despite this, it's still a pleasant disc to listen to. Even the familiar, "second verse, same as the first" closer "Sanctuary" still has a nice feel to it.

Obviously, if you're into the happy, tree-hugging, save-the-world, rainbow-loving, peace-on- earth-and-good-will-to-all-men, yes, this is the perfect album for you. Yet, I'm pretty sure that even the most eco-friendly maniac of us all will get a bit tired of this type of music at some point in time. In short, it's good stuff, but in moderation. I couldn't listen to the entire album without having the urge to kick a small, defenseless puppy.

I'm not a cruel person, but if you had a choice to listen to this album all day or nails on a chalkboard all day, for the love of god, I'd pick the chalkboard. It's a great album. I just wouldn't be caught dead with this album on play, anywhere.

Send comments to Wicket (BETA) | Report this review (#780946) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 01, 2012

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars While preparing for their second album, Anima Mundi entered their most difficult period with musicians leaving the group and new faces jumping on board.This fact resulted to no less than 5 years of recordings.In 2005, in a surprising move, Roberto Diaz recruited a new rhythm section from the Death/Thrash Metal band Agonizer, Osvaldo Vieites on drums and Yaroski Corredera on bass.The new album ''Jagannath orbit'' was recorded with both Ariel Valdes and Osvaldo Vientes on drums, but by the end they both quit to be replaced by Jose Manuel Govin.All vocals were delivered by a new singer, Carlos Sosa, and the work was eventually released in 2008 on Musea.

Worth waiting indeed, this new album finds Anima Mundi entering the path of modern Symphonic/Progressive Rock, as proposed in the past by THE FLOWER KINGS and SPOCK'S BEARD.The question rises, was the Prog scene in need of another THE FLOWER KINGS imitator?The answer is yes, if the music is so well-crafted and executed.With three out of seven compositions taking 3/4 of the album, Anima Mundi offer a bombastic, grandiose and rich Symphonic Rock, full of flashy arrangements, pounding rhythms and delicate melodies, featuring another fantastic performance by female keyboardist Virginia Peraza and the nice, electrified guitar moves of Diaz.The music can get very powerful at moments with sharp synths and Classical inspirations, a bit like JAIME ROSAS, while a nice armour of keyboards, including organs and Mellotrons, is used, with evident blinks to the glorious times of YES and GENESIS.There are also some super-symphonic moments with a similar sound to British early 80's acts such as QUASAR or PROTOS, led by impressive, atmospheric soundscapes.Add a very good vocalist with a decent delivery of the English vocals and you are close to taste Anima Mundi's dense and dynamic musicianship.A special reference should be made for three long compositions of the album, which are carefully structured with tons of good melodies and sudden changes of an excellent inspiration.

Beautiful, well-crafted and energetic Symphonic Prog by the Cubans.Recommended to all fans of THE FLOWER KINGS, MOON SAFARI, SPOCK'S BEARD or MARS HOLLOW...3.5 stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#992985) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 07, 2013

5 stars This release of the Cuban band ANIMA MUNDI, in my opinion completely finish with the wrong concetpion of some fans of prog music cultivate about the competence of musicians from Center or South-America. A very expressive music surprising the more imprudent listener and broadly remenbe ... (read more)

Report this review (#255912) | Posted by maryes | Sunday, December 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An astonishing album from this band from Cuba. The music is best described as a mix of AOR and symphonic prog rock bands like THE FLOWER KINGS, KAIPA, YES, SAGA and THE TANGENT. A hint of RIVERSIDE, SYLVAN and DREAM THEATER can be added too. The music is both very commercial and epic at the s ... (read more)

Report this review (#206890) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, March 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANIMA MUNDI "Jagannath Orbit"