SLEEPMAKESWAVES

Post Rock/Math rock

Sleepmakeswaves Sleepmakeswaves album cover

Buy SLEEPMAKESWAVES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2007

1. One Day You Will Teach Me to Let Go of My Fears (6:30)
2. By Moving the Stars I Have Found Where You Are Hiding (5:17)

Search SLEEPMAKESWAVES Sleepmakeswaves lyrics

Search SLEEPMAKESWAVES Sleepmakeswaves tabs

- Kid / guitars
- Tom / guitars
- Alex / bass, programming
- Will / drums

Free to download at the Lost Children net label: http://www.archive.org/details/LostChildren027

Thanks to burritounit for the addition

SLEEPMAKESWAVES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SLEEPMAKESWAVES Sleepmakeswaves Music

& So We Destroyed Everything& So We Destroyed Everything
MONOTREME RECORDS 2013
In Today Already Walks TomorrowIn Today Already Walks Tomorrow
MONOTREME RECORDS 2014
Vinyl$27.44
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - & SO WE DESTROYED EVERYTHING NEW CD US $24.26 Buy It Now 15h 47m
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything CD US $19.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything - MONO77CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - ...AND SO WE DESTROYED EVERYTHING [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything CD US $31.75 Buy It Now 5 days
In Today Already Walks Tomorrow - Sleepmakeswaves New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre US $21.44 Buy It Now 7 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - AND SO WE DESTROYED EVERYTHING - 1ST PRESS CD 2011 - AUS PROG US $19.73 Buy It Now 12 days
Sleepmakeswaves - In Today Already Walks Tomorrow [CD New] US $15.59 Buy It Now 12 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES 2014 Australian Tour Poster A2 Love Of Cartography PELICAN *NEW* US $21.96 Buy It Now 13 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - IN TODAY ALREADY WALKS TOMORROW (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.01 Buy It Now 14 days
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything [CD New] US $31.74 Buy It Now 14 days
In Today Already Walks Tomorrow [EP] [Digipak] by sleepmakeswaves (CD, US $15.44 Buy It Now 14 days
Sleepmakeswaves And So We Destroyed Everything CD US $16.11 Buy It Now 15 days
In Today Already Walks Tomorrow by sleepmakeswaves *New CD* US $12.62 Buy It Now 15 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - IN TODAY ALREADY WALKS TOMORROW [EP] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.61 Buy It Now 15 days
And So We Destroyed Everything - Sleepmakeswaves New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $25.68 Buy It Now 19 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - IN TODAY ALREADY WALKS TOMORROW - MONO80CD US $15.39 Buy It Now 24 days
Sleepmakeswaves - Love Of Cartography - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak 091914 US $17.98 Buy It Now 27 days
And So We Destroyed Everything - Sleepmakeswaves New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free US $35.20 Buy It Now 28 days
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything [Vinyl New] US $33.98 Buy It Now 28 days
SLEEPMAKESWAVES - & SO WE DESTROYED EVERYTHING (W/CD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $41.37 Buy It Now 28 days
...And So We Destroyed Everything by sleepmakeswaves *New CD* US $14.18 Buy It Now 28 days
Sleepmakeswaves - And So We Destroyed Everything [CD New] US $17.15 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SLEEPMAKESWAVES music online Buy SLEEPMAKESWAVES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SLEEPMAKESWAVES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SLEEPMAKESWAVES Sleepmakeswaves ratings distribution

SLEEPMAKESWAVES Sleepmakeswaves reviews

Review by Chris H
4 stars Sleepmakeswaves, at least in this instance, are going to be a prime example of the new decade's less is more theory. It's almost hard to imagine that this is their first release, usually you expect an amateur, kitschy piece that is good for collector value and so forth, yet these guys from down under MEAN BUSINESS! Sure, it's no masterpiece yet, but to come out rockin' at the speed Sleepmakeswaves does takes pure skill and a vision for the future. So yes, I will be in line for their first full-length when it comes out, but enough raving. How long does a rollercoaster ride last? Maybe a minute, maybe 90 seconds? A good album can usually be comapred to a rollercoaster, achieving the same up and down melody effects in a 35 to 55 minute time period, yet Sleepmakeswaves makes their roller coaster of music in barely 12 minutes! This album feels longer, it has enough energy to be longer, it makes you want to play it over and over until 45 minutes have passed by! The greatest measure of an artist's work is when the music has stopped and you say That's the end? I want more.

Certainly no masterpiece, as I said before, but if you need to hunt down the best of the best in debut EP's, Sleepmakeswaves might be an unknown goldstrike. Look for these fellows to tighten up the nuts and bolts and blow the Aussies away with a 5 star debut full-length.

4 stars, so close!

Send comments to Chris H (BETA) | Report this review (#191962) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 05, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Two good tracks!

I could listen to their 2011 studio album via progstreaming, and was positively impressed, I liked it a lot. So then I was looking for some info or other releases of Sleepmakeswaves, and found that their first two-song EP as free to download through Lost Children's website. So of course, I did not lose time.

This self-titled release consists only of two songs that together make almost twelve minutes of music. So if you want a slice of their music, go and take it too. For those who don't know them, they are a post-rock band with inherent power and emotional moments, worthy for the genre's fans.

"One Day You Will Teach Me to Let Go of My Fears" has an spacey atmosphere created by synths, while drums, bass and guitars make their work. Honestly I cannot help but remembering Pink Floyd's "One of These Days", and I am pretty sure that Sleepmakeswaves are aware of it, at least for the first minute and a half. Later the song becomes heavier and drastically changes, creating that convergence between heavy and soft guitars that makes the so evident post-rock sound. And it progresses and every quarter new elements are being added, if you listen carefully, you will find a cool diversity of sounds. After five minutes the intensity decreases, everything slows down and it fades out.

"By Moving the Stars I Have Found Where You were Hiding" starts with a different sound. It starts with drums and soft and repetitive guitars. Later after a minute the heavier side appears and turns the song into a new one, much more emotional and powerful. Then it slows down, and later it increases once again, so the structure is repeated. And it finishes with its calmest side.

Here we just have a taste of their music, nothing more. Better to listen to their full-length album which by the way is very recommendable. This time, two stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#599984) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011

Post a review of SLEEPMAKESWAVES "Sleepmakeswaves"