BACK ON MY HILL

Faithful Breath

Faithful Breath Back on My Hill album cover

Buy FAITHFUL BREATH Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Back on My Hill (5:38)
2. Keep Me Away (3:54)
3. This Is My Love Song (2:54)
4. Stick in Your Eyes (4:41)
5. Judgement Day (16:54)

- Heinrich Mikus / vocals, guitar
- Manfred Von Buttlar / keyboards
- Jürgen Weritz / drums
- Jürgen Renfordt / vocals

FAITHFUL BREATH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAITHFUL BREATH Back on My Hill Music

Atm Eur/Zoom 2009
SKOL [LP VINYL]SKOL [LP VINYL]
HI RECORDS
Vinyl$35.00
A Million Hearts 7 Inch (7A Million Hearts 7 Inch (7" Vinyl 45) Belgian Mausoleum
Mausoleum
Vinyl$10.56 (used)
live LPlive LP
NOISE
Vinyl$25.00 (used)
FAITHFUL BREATH: Live LP (Germany, inner sleeve) Metal US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Faithful Breath Fading Beauty CD new US $14.39 Buy It Now 3 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - ROCK LIONS & HARD BREATH NEW CD US $22.52 Buy It Now 3 days
FAITHFUL BREATH ~ Back on My Hill *original Kraut Rock Lp NICE psych hard US $74.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Lions/Hard Breath [Digipak] by Faithful Breath US $8.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD Live Conquest LimCD 500x Candlemass Faithful Breath Odin Bathory Crom US $25.00 [0 bids]
FAITHFUL BREATH: Back on my hill +1 US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
FAITHFUL BREATH: Fading beauty (1974) US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
FAITHFUL BREATH Skol LP German Heavy Metal SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
FAITHFUL BREATH a million hearts 7" b/w gold n glory (guts8401) pic slv belgian US $9.85 Buy It Now 7 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - ROCK LIONS & HARD BREATH [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 7 days
Faithful Breath Back On my Hill CD new US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
RISK "Ratman"Rare ORG cd Steamhammer 89,Faithful Breath US $32.99 Buy It Now 7 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - ROCK LIONS/HARD BREATH - SIR2095 US $20.42 Buy It Now 8 days
Faithful Breath-Faithful Breath - Rock Lions/Hard Breath CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 9 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - Back On My Hill/Live CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Faithful Breath - Rock Lions & Hard Breath CD US $18.96 Buy It Now 9 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - BACK ON MY HILL/LIVE CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Faithful Breath - Back On My Hill CD 1980 Garden Of Delights 2007 RISK US $39.00 Buy It Now 10 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - ROCK LIONS orig. LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Talon - Neutralized CD Running Wild,Helloween,Faithful Breath,Attack,UDO,Private US $18.99 Buy It Now 16 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - Fading Beauty CD. Krautrock, Prog Rock. Made in Germany US $34.20 Buy It Now 19 days
Faithful Breath - Fading Beauty CD 1973/1991 Lazer Edge LE-1014 US $20.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Faithful Breath - Rock Lions/hard Breath NEW CD US $19.50 Buy It Now 20 days
FAITHFUL BREATH GOLD N GLORY 1980s METAL ORIGINAL 33rpm LP WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! US $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
FAITHFUL BREATH Double Thing CD ORG 1989 Gold 'n' Glory Skol running wild accept US $55.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Faithful Breath - Gold'n'glory - Polish Press US $16.00 Buy It Now 23 days
FAITHFUL BREATH "GOLD ´N´ GLORY", LP, 1984, BELGIUM, RARE! US $45.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Faithful Breath Rock Lions/Hard Breath digipack CD new US $23.49 Buy It Now 23 days
FAITHFUL BREATH FADING BEAUTY RARE OOP CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Faithful Breath Gold N' Glory CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LP - BELGIUM PRESS - FAITHFUL BREATH (GOLD N GLORY) - 1984 - MAUSOLEUM 8335 US $15.00 Buy It Now 26 days
FAITHFUL BREATH - LOGO Patch Embroidered US $5.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Rock Lions/Hard Breath - Faithful Breath New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 26 days
LP - GERMANY PRESS - FAITHFUL BREATH (ROCK LIONS) - 1981 - SKY records 055 US $25.00 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy FAITHFUL BREATH music online Buy FAITHFUL BREATH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAITHFUL BREATH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAITHFUL BREATH Back on My Hill ratings distribution

FAITHFUL BREATH Back on My Hill reviews

Review by seventhsojourn
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RPI
4 stars Back On My Hill is the title of the second album by German symphonic band Faithful Breath. Despite their 1973 debut album having been hailed in some quarters as a masterpiece, it was 1980 before the follow-up saw the light of day. Bass player Horst Stabenow quit in 1975, only to return to the band a couple of years later. In the interim, Jurgen Renfordt had been recruited as lead vocalist during 1976. The self-released single Back On My Hill, backed with Stick In Your Eyes, was released in May 1977 shortly before Stabenow's return. The new 5-piece recorded the remainder of the album in January 1978, but much legal wrangling delayed its release for a further two years.

The music on this album consists of highly melodic rock sung in English, nicely orchestrated and firmly grounded in the symphonic tradition. Certainly it's not as deep as the band's first album, with the Zeitgeist clearly having influenced the four short songs that open the album. In fact, all four of these songs plus the bonus track were released as singles in one form or another. However the epic Judgement Day had been in the band's repertoire since 1974, and at almost 17 minutes is a fully developed symphonic piece.

The title track sounds fairly mainstream (it was released as a single, remember) but consists of a lovely uplifting melody and pleasant vocals by lead singer Renfordt, whose enunciation is perfect. There's a tempo change around midway with synthesizer and guitar solos. Keep Me Away was coupled with the bonus track, Die Morderbiene, as a 12" single. This is the weakest song on the album and maybe is an early indicator of the heavy rock/metal direction the band would eventually follow.

The piano ballad, This Is My Love Song, topped the charts in Germany for several weeks I believe. This is unashamedly sentimental: 'You're the root and I'm the tree, You're the lock and I'm the key, And I love you, And I'm feeling blue'. Ok, this is incredibly twee but I've been listening to The Moody Blues for forty years, so it's not a problem for me personally. Anyway, once the Mellotron clouds float in you think it really is The Moodies. Add a Brian May- inspired guitar break and I'm carried to happy place.

Stick In Your Eyes is portrayed in great brush strokes of Mellotron and synthesizer. I'm a sucker for melodies like these no matter how commercial they sound. The final track, Judgement Day, comprised the entire second side of the original vinyl album. Some listeners may be put off by the Christian subject matter of the lyrics, but sonically it's awash with Manfred Von Buttlar's Mellotron and organ in good rapport with Heinz Mikus's guitarwork. Bonus track Die Morderbiene was the only song they wrote with German lyrics. It's quite good as bonus tracks go, with a catchy melody and plentiful synthesizer and Mellotron.

The 2007 Garden Of Delights re-issue includes a handy 32-page booklet that contains sleeve notes in German and English, full discography and numerous photos. If, like me, you're a fan of The Moody Blues and BJH this album should be right up your street. However, a word of warning to symphonic fans about their later albums. After the band broke up in 1981 Mikus and Stabenow continued with new people, and then took to wearing Viking helmets and playing heavy metal!

Send comments to seventhsojourn (BETA) | Report this review (#274327) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 26, 2010

2 stars I am probably making myself unpopular here with this review. But I think this album is a sick bag full of drivel. Where do I start ? Well, after the underwhelming title track which is firmly in AOR land, the next treats is heavy rock which sounds like a discarded song from Deep Purple's House ... (read more)

Report this review (#285880) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, June 10, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FAITHFUL BREATH "Back on My Hill"