FESTIVAL

Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1972

1. Festival
2. Pár týdnů
3. Chci děvče stálý
4. Ďáblova známá (Right Wheels Left Hammer)
5. Lady Godiva
6. Bytost podivná
7. Žárlivá dívka

Search SYNKOPY Festival lyrics

Search SYNKOPY Festival tabs

- Petr Směja / guitar, vocals
- Pavel Pokorný / organ, guitar, violin, vocals
- Jan Čarvas / bass, vocals
- Jiří Rybář / drumss, vocals (3)
- Michal Polák / lead vocals
- Oldřich Veselý / backing vocals

1972 EP / Panton 080248

Thanks to Magor for the addition
and to marty mcfly for the last updates

SYNKOPY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SYNKOPY Festival Music

More places to buy SYNKOPY music online Buy SYNKOPY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SYNKOPY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SYNKOPY Festival ratings distribution

SYNKOPY Festival reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Ask me if I like this record and I'll give you firm reply. Yes, but there's one problem. There's magical enchanted circle of about 20 songs that keeps being trapped in this supposedly endless circle. Festival, Xantypa and Formule. These songs are connected also with album Válka je vůl, mostly part 1 (not so much in part 2 and 3 is completely clean).

All these are supposed to be redundant and influencing each other. It's matter for completionist only to have all of them, but what if you're happy and have exactly this one. It may happen of course. Review of these songs you'll find in other Synkopy's pages, but my opinion stands.

4(+) if you don't have compilation.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#250638) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009

4 stars I'm not sure how many Prog fans would actually like this EP. SYNKOPY released this back in 1972 and there is a real sixties Pop flavour to the music throughout. Vocals are in their Czech language. I love this stuff.

"Festival" opens with strummed guitar as electric guitar leads jump in then vocals. This is a top three for me. Just so catchy and I like the depth of the music. "Par Tydnu" is another catchy 60's sounding vocal led tune. Harmonies help out and we get a raw guitar solo after 1 1/2 minutes. Another top three. This music just makes me feel sooo good. "Chci Devce Staly" opens with harmonica and a beat. Vocals and guitar follow. Good song. "Dablova Znama" is led by guitar and multi-vocals. Very BEATLES-like. I'm not a big fan of the way "Lady Godiva" starts but man when it kicks in i'm singing along with the chorus and vocal melodies. So uplifting and the final top three for me. "Bytost Podvina" is killer stuff with the abrasive guitar almost in the Neil Young style. Vocals and harmonies too. Good track. "Zarliva Divka" is another good 60's sounding Pop tune with vocals. This is really good.

You've been warned but man this comes across like a greatest hit album because all the songs are so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#755867) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 20, 2012

Post a review of SYNKOPY "Festival"