DREAMING

Kanguru Dreaming album cover

Buy KANGURU Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

1. Ras Lila (12:39)
2. Waves Of Aquarius (9:53)
3. Kanara Prakar (12:21)
4. Invitation To Dance (9:39)

Search KANGURU Dreaming lyrics

Search KANGURU Dreaming tabs

- P. Gibson, C. Pearce, K. Manning / sitar, guitar, violin, cello, tabla an other percussions

Label : Ranger Recordings ‎? RRCS-2497, Larrikin Records ‎? LRB096

Vinyl, LP

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to sheavy for the last updates

KANGURU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KANGURU Dreaming Music

More places to buy KANGURU music online Buy KANGURU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KANGURU Dreaming ratings distribution

KANGURU Dreaming reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams
3 stars Spacey dreamy tribal music ... this obscure Australian combo KANGURU have launched completely different soundscape from progressive rock for us, that can be felt as, for example, an Indo-tasted folksy ambience.

Electric sitar or tabla assertions everywhere in the first track "Ras Lila" might make us comfortable, as if we drank very fruitful, very strong alcoholic beverage or ate a magic mushroom. Able easily to imagine what appearance they had played with. Mysterious, mystic incantation created with their tribalism would hang over our brain. "Kanara Prakar" is another theatrical floating particles story-told via multiple ethnic instruments by a strongly unified music commune ... uncomplicated but dramatically alternative sound kaleidoscope, that should be calculated strictly, will take the audience to a trip for another dimensional inner space, not Australia, their nation.

"Waves Of Aquarius" is a stuff where heartwarming percussion and flexible viola plays are pretty impressive. This atmospheric "sur la mer" phenomenon reminds me of the same vein like one of Japanese New Age pioneers Kitaro (ex-Far East Family Band). The colourful mixture of all instruments sounds wonderfully of quiet but magnificent water flow. Expansive acoustic guitar gives evident inspiration of rough, violent water turbulence to such a river whisper ... excellent is this sound contrast. In the last "Invitation To Dance", superbly solemn, magical flute initiation is too attractive for us to avoid dancing. Enthusiastic percussion in the middle part drives us crazy, but please don't overdance to death, yes we can get treated, relieved via the last warm, massive-minded, hearty flute ground.

Honest to say, I cannot understand the reason this ultraobscure tribal folk combo be called as an Indo Prog / Raga-Rock one (YET!) indeed, but on the contrary, can realize they have thrown an important gemstone titled "Dreaming" into the scene. Not bad they are here.

3 stars I don't know much about this "Indo-Prog" genre, but I'm guessing cultural authenticity is not an especially high priority. Otherwise, you wouldn't record 12 minutes of a sarod player improvising freely using European modal scales while a tabla player pounds away in 4/4 time, and call it a 'raga'. If ... (read more)

Report this review (#722276) | Posted by sl75 | Wednesday, April 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KANGURU "Dreaming"