NEARLY HUMAN

Todd Rundgren Nearly Human album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy TODD RUNDGREN Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. The Want of a Nail (5:14)
2. The Waiting Game (4:16)
3. Parallel Lines (4:22)
4. Two Little Hitlers (3:55)
5. Can't Stop Running (5:00)
6. Unloved Children (4:03)
7. Fidelity (4:39)
8. Feel It (5:47)
9. Hawking (6:51)
10. I Love My Life (8:55)

- Todd Rundgren / guitar, vocals
- Brent Bourgeois / keyboards
- Larry Tagg / bass guitar
- Lyle Workman / guitar
- Michael Urbano / percussions
- Kasim Sulton / bass guitar (track 5)
- Elvis Costello / track 4
- plus others

(1989) CD Warner Bros. 2-25881

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human Music

Nearly Human Tour Japan 90Nearly Human Tour Japan 90
Remastered
Sanctuary Records 2003
$95.84

Todd Rundgren-Nearly Human HX-Pro "Excellent Sound Quality & Condition" Tested USD $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 47m
Todd Rundgren - Bootleg Series: Nearly Human Tour Japan '90 Vol.3 CD Sanctuary USD $4.98 [1 bids]
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette Tape USD $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Todd Rundgren "Nearly Human" 1989 LP,NM-!, SIGNED By Vince Welnick,Grateful Dead USD $74.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human CD (Japan Five Finger Cover OOP - Rare Collectors CD) USD $24.99 [0 bids]
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN CASSETTE TAPE WARNER BROS 1989 USD $16.27 Buy It Now 2 days
TODD RUNDGREN - NEARLY HUMAN CD 1989 WARNER 925881-2 USD $4.40 [0 bids]
USD $7.50 Buy It Now
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human, Warner Bros. 9 25881-2, mint condition, 1989 USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human Tour Japan 1990 Bootleg Series Volume 3 New 2 CD SET USD $29.00 [0 bids]
Todd Rundgren Rare Signed Vinyl LP Record Nearly Human Utopia Classic Rock + COA USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN NEW VINYL USD $57.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Cassette Tape USD $2.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Bootleg Series, Vol. 3: Nearly Human Tour, Japan '90 by Todd Rundgren (CD, Apr-2 USD $16.79 Buy It Now 8 days
TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human Warner Bros. Records Unloved Children 1989 CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LASERDISC Todd Rundgren Nearly Human WPLP9041 WARNER PIONEER Japan OBI USD $17.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human JAPAN CD 22P2-2719 1989 NEW USD $177.58 Buy It Now 10 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - 1989 NEW Cassette USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED USD $8.69 Buy It Now 10 days
TODD RUNDGREN - A Cappella/nearly Human/second Wind - 2 CD - Import - SEALED/NEW USD $168.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human - BRAND NEW & SEALED - RARE OOP - 1989 - $3 S/H! USD $48.59 Buy It Now 13 days
TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human LP 1989 NEW SEALED Warner Canada CRC Rock Album USD $28.32 Buy It Now 13 days
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN 1989 ISSUE LP W/ LYRIC SLEEVE 95881-1 USD $9.73 Buy It Now 15 days
LP Todd Rundgren Nearly Human 125881 WARNER BROS. US Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 17 days
(CD) TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human / Japan Import / 22P2-2719 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 18 days
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN ORIGINAL 1989 RECORD LP VG++ PSYCH ROCK USD $14.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Bootleg Series 3: Nearly Human Tour Japan 90 Todd Rundgren Rare OOP Music Club USD $39.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Todd Rundgren: A Cappella / Nearly Human / Second Wind (2-CD Set) - Todd Rundg.. USD $95.00 Buy It Now 21 days
TODD RUNDGREN Bootleg Series Vol 3 2-CD Set Nearly Human Tour Japan '90 2003 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Todd Rundgren/Bootleg Series Vol. 3 Nearly Human Tour Japan Unplayed Overstock USD $66.35 Buy It Now 22 days
TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human 1989 FACTORY SEALED LP Warner Bros. 9 25881-1 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette BRAND NEW USD $4.46 Buy It Now 23 days
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN CASSETTE MUSIC TAPE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 23 days
TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human - CD USD $17.95 Buy It Now 23 days
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Todd Rundgren NEARLY HUMAN Warner Bros. 1989 Promo Minty USD $14.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Todd Rundgren A Capella * Nearly Human * 2nd Wind 2 CD 2011 Rhino EU Import RARE USD $97.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human 1989 (Audio Cassette) Warner Bros. 4-25881 USD $6.93 Buy It Now 27 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Cassette USD $5.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Todd Rundgren Lot of 2 New Rare SEALED Cassette Tapes NEARLY HUMAN 2nd WIND USD $12.59 Buy It Now 28 days
Todd Rundgren/Nearly Human Tour Japan 90/2003 2x CD Album/Slip Case USD $12.51 Buy It Now 29 days
KLP86 Todd Rundgren Nearly Human (925 881-1) German LP + OIS, warner bros 1989 USD $14.50 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TODD RUNDGREN music online Buy TODD RUNDGREN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human ratings distribution

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human reviews

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars Todd returns to form! This is the best Todd album since Hermit at least (dare I go so far as to claim it is the best since Todd?) Anyhow this is a gem that deserves far more credit than it gets, since Todd didn't get around to making this one until he had largely become irrelevant.

There are so many memorable songs on this one. For the Want of a Nail shows Todd's ability to take a trite idea and make it into a great song. Parallel Lines, Feel It, and Hawking are all lusciously produced thoughtful songs, while Unloved Children and Can't Stop Running show what Todd can do with rockers. I Love My Life takes a weird but interesting trip into black gospel. The Waiting Game is too light and fluffy for me, and the other two tracks are forgettable.

Nonetheless this is an excellent album and it was a welcome end to the '80's, which was a rather dismal decade for Todd's production.

4 stars. The album has some flaws but it holds up against time really well and has to rank as one of Todd's best releases.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is my twelfth review of a Todd album so far. Of which only three reached the three star level. I guess that I'm not a Todd maniac?

?only a music lover with some prog tendencies (but not only). At this stage of his career, I believe that Todd would sit better in the prog related area than X-over. And even so, I could hardly find deep relation with prog all along his work (so far).

Only the trilogy "Wizard ? Todd - Initiation" corresponds to this criteria.

Most of the songs featured on this album are syrupy American rock ballads ("The Waiting Game", "Parallel Lines", and "Fidelity" etc.) or basic rock songs with little appeal ("Two Little Hitlers", "Can't Stop Running" etc.).

Actually, each new song is just some repetition of its predecessor in the according style. Oh yes! I forgot some funky-soul-Motown like track as well like "Feel It". Sorry, but I don't feel anything to tell the truth?

The upbeat and rocking "I Love My Life" could have pleasant but it is too long and repetitive (just under nine minutes). It almost sounds as a live in the studio track the "soul" feel is too much stressed to make it enjoyable.

I have used my own developed device (the prog-meter) to determine the level of progressive music held in the albums I review; and the meter showed here is a one point on a level of ten possible.

Two stars (on the positive edge).

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars As much as I respect Todd Rundgren as a multi-instrumentalist, I enjoy the albums where he actually has a band more than say, the TR-i recordings. And here, he is saved by having some great backup musicians (including Randy "Dog" Jackson, who now is known more for hosting a dismal become-a-pop-singer-the-easy- way game show).

The songs are typical Todd, clever lyrics, pleasant ballads, and a few hard hitting numbers. What's missing is the great heavy guitar extravaganza that he used to try to include (Black Maria from "Something/Anything" would be my favorite of these). The best songs are Elvis Costello's Two Little Hitlers, and the bluesy Unloved Children.

There's no prog on the album, mostly it's Philadelphia Arena Soul.

3 stars.

Post a review of TODD RUNDGREN "Nearly Human"