Todd Rundgren

Todd Rundgren Nearly Human album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. The Want of a Nail (5:14)
2. The Waiting Game (4:16)
3. Parallel Lines (4:22)
4. Two Little Hitlers (3:55)
5. Can't Stop Running (5:00)
6. Unloved Children (4:03)
7. Fidelity (4:39)
8. Feel It (5:47)
9. Hawking (6:51)
10. I Love My Life (8:55)

Search TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human lyrics

Search TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human tabs

- Todd Rundgren / guitar, vocals
- Brent Bourgeois / keyboards
- Larry Tagg / bass guitar
- Lyle Workman / guitar
- Michael Urbano / percussions
- Kasim Sulton / bass guitar (track 5)
- Elvis Costello / track 4
- plus others

(1989) CD Warner Bros. 2-25881

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

TODD RUNDGREN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human Music

A Cappella / Nearly Human / Second WindA Cappella / Nearly Human / Second Wind
Rhino / Edsel 2012
nearly human LPnearly human LP
Nearly Human Tour Japan 90Nearly Human Tour Japan 90
Sanctuary Records 2003
A Cappella & Nearly Human & Second Wind by Todd Rundgren (2012-02-05)A Cappella & Nearly Human & Second Wind by Todd Rundgren (2012-02-05)
A Cappella/Nearly Human/Second Wind by 101 DISTRIBUTIONA Cappella/Nearly Human/Second Wind by 101 DISTRIBUTION
Nearly Human by Rundgren, Todd (1989-05-18)Nearly Human by Rundgren, Todd (1989-05-18)
Warner Bros / Wea

Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human CD (1989) Pop Rock Soul USD $7.33 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Todd Rundgren Lot of 2 New Rare SEALED Cassette Tapes NEARLY HUMAN 2nd WIND USD $14.75 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Todd Rundgren Rare Hand Signed Vinyl LP Record Nearly Human Utopia Classic Rock USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Warner Bros 1989 925881 *VERY GOOD* Cassette Tape USD $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Todd Rundgren "Nearly Human" 1989 LP,NM-!, SIGNED By Vince Welnick,Grateful Dead USD $79.96 Buy It Now 4 days
* TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human USD $3.50 Buy It Now 4 days
TODD RUNDGREN nearly human 925 881-1 with inner german warner 1989 LP PS EX/EX- USD $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Nearly Human Todd Rundgren Audio Music Cassette Tape May-1989 Warner Bros USD $3.19 Buy It Now 7 days
TODD RUNDGREN "Nearly Human" Japan Rare Import 22P2-2719 OBI 1989 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Todd Rundgren ?- Nearly Human CD..Japan..w/OBI..22P2-2719..'89 press USD $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
3 TODD RUNDGREN Like-New Cassette Tapes! Nearly Human, Initiation, 2nd Wind USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Nearly Human by Todd Rundgren (Cassette, May-1989, Warner Bros.) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 12 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette BRAND NEW USD $10.19 Buy It Now 12 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human CD something of a comeback album USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
TODD RUNDGREN NEARLY HUMAN CD BOURGEOIS TAGG 1989 Warner Bros 9 25881-2 USD $29.95 Buy It Now 15 days
(CD) TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human / Japan Import / 22P2-2719 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Nearly Human by Todd Rundgren Cassette 1989, Warner Bros sealed new USD $5.97 Buy It Now 21 days
TODD RUNDGREN 'Nearly Human' Original 1989 1st Pressing SEALED LP USD $29.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Rock LP - Pormo Gold Stamp -Original Inner Sleeve USD $7.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human LP Orig 1989 Warner Bros w/ Inner DMM Sterling EX/EX USD $14.95 Buy It Now 28 days
D9-95 Todd Rundgren Nearly Human Vinyl LP Warner Bros. 9 25881-1 USD $20.96 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TODD RUNDGREN music online Buy TODD RUNDGREN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human ratings distribution

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human reviews

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars Todd returns to form! This is the best Todd album since Hermit at least (dare I go so far as to claim it is the best since Todd?) Anyhow this is a gem that deserves far more credit than it gets, since Todd didn't get around to making this one until he had largely become irrelevant.

There are so many memorable songs on this one. For the Want of a Nail shows Todd's ability to take a trite idea and make it into a great song. Parallel Lines, Feel It, and Hawking are all lusciously produced thoughtful songs, while Unloved Children and Can't Stop Running show what Todd can do with rockers. I Love My Life takes a weird but interesting trip into black gospel. The Waiting Game is too light and fluffy for me, and the other two tracks are forgettable.

Nonetheless this is an excellent album and it was a welcome end to the '80's, which was a rather dismal decade for Todd's production.

4 stars. The album has some flaws but it holds up against time really well and has to rank as one of Todd's best releases.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is my twelfth review of a Todd album so far. Of which only three reached the three star level. I guess that I'm not a Todd maniac?

?only a music lover with some prog tendencies (but not only). At this stage of his career, I believe that Todd would sit better in the prog related area than X-over. And even so, I could hardly find deep relation with prog all along his work (so far).

Only the trilogy "Wizard ? Todd - Initiation" corresponds to this criteria.

Most of the songs featured on this album are syrupy American rock ballads ("The Waiting Game", "Parallel Lines", and "Fidelity" etc.) or basic rock songs with little appeal ("Two Little Hitlers", "Can't Stop Running" etc.).

Actually, each new song is just some repetition of its predecessor in the according style. Oh yes! I forgot some funky-soul-Motown like track as well like "Feel It". Sorry, but I don't feel anything to tell the truth?

The upbeat and rocking "I Love My Life" could have pleasant but it is too long and repetitive (just under nine minutes). It almost sounds as a live in the studio track the "soul" feel is too much stressed to make it enjoyable.

I have used my own developed device (the prog-meter) to determine the level of progressive music held in the albums I review; and the meter showed here is a one point on a level of ten possible.

Two stars (on the positive edge).

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars As much as I respect Todd Rundgren as a multi-instrumentalist, I enjoy the albums where he actually has a band more than say, the TR-i recordings. And here, he is saved by having some great backup musicians (including Randy "Dog" Jackson, who now is known more for hosting a dismal become-a-pop-singer-the-easy- way game show).

The songs are typical Todd, clever lyrics, pleasant ballads, and a few hard hitting numbers. What's missing is the great heavy guitar extravaganza that he used to try to include (Black Maria from "Something/Anything" would be my favorite of these). The best songs are Elvis Costello's Two Little Hitlers, and the bluesy Unloved Children.

There's no prog on the album, mostly it's Philadelphia Arena Soul.

3 stars.

Post a review of TODD RUNDGREN "Nearly Human"