NEARLY HUMAN

Todd Rundgren Nearly Human album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy TODD RUNDGREN Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. The Want of a Nail (5:14)
2. The Waiting Game (4:16)
3. Parallel Lines (4:22)
4. Two Little Hitlers (3:55)
5. Can't Stop Running (5:00)
6. Unloved Children (4:03)
7. Fidelity (4:39)
8. Feel It (5:47)
9. Hawking (6:51)
10. I Love My Life (8:55)

- Todd Rundgren / guitar, vocals
- Brent Bourgeois / keyboards
- Larry Tagg / bass guitar
- Lyle Workman / guitar
- Michael Urbano / percussions
- Kasim Sulton / bass guitar (track 5)
- Elvis Costello / track 4
- plus others

(1989) CD Warner Bros. 2-25881

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

Buy TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human Music

Nearly Human Tour Japan 90Nearly Human Tour Japan 90
Remastered
Sanctuary Records 2003
$95.84
A Cappella & Nearly Human & Second Wind by Todd Rundgren (2012-02-05)A Cappella & Nearly Human & Second Wind by Todd Rundgren (2012-02-05)
Edsel

Todd Rundgren Nearly Human Vinyl LP Rare German Press EX/EX USD $14.53 [0 bids]
Todd Rundgren 6 CD LOT UTOPIA ARENA LIARS ANTHOLOGY NEARLY HUMAN USD $32.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Todd Rundgren - Bootleg Series Vol 3 Nearly Human Tour Japan 90 - 2cds USD $13.21 [0 bids]
Todd Rundgren Nearly Human - BRAND NEW & SEALED - RARE OOP - 1989 - $3 S/H! USD $39.36 Buy It Now 2 days
TODD RUNDGREN/DR JOHN - Nearly Human & Brightest Smile - 2 x Rock LP SET - SALE USD $6.54 [0 bids]
Todd Rundgren: A Cappella / Nearly Human / Second Wind (2-CD Set) - EXCELLENT USD $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
(CD) TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human / Japan Import / 22P2-2719 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Rundgren, Todd : Nearly Human CD USD $6.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Bootleg Series 3: Nearly Human Tour Japan 90 Todd Rundgren Rare OOP Music Club USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Todd Rundgren: A Cappella / Nearly Human / Second Wind (2-CD Set) - Todd Rundg.. USD $94.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - 1989 NEW Cassette USD $3.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Nearly Human USD $14.85 Buy It Now 12 days
Todd Rundgren NEARLY HUMAN Warner Bros. 1989 Promo Minty USD $14.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED USD $9.88 Buy It Now 14 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human 1989 (Audio Cassette) Warner Bros. 4-25881 USD $6.93 Buy It Now 14 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Cassette USD $6.39 Buy It Now 15 days
TODD RUNDGREN - A Cappella/nearly Human/second Wind - 2 CD - Import - Excellent USD $52.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Todd Rundgren A Capella * Nearly Human * 2nd Wind 2 CD 2011 Rhino EU Import RARE USD $97.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Todd Rundgren Lot of 2 New Rare SEALED Cassette Tapes NEARLY HUMAN 2nd WIND USD $13.95 Buy It Now 16 days
TODD RUNDGREN cassette 1989 NEARLY HUMAN ex cond. USD $7.79 Buy It Now 17 days
Todd Rundgren/Nearly Human Tour Japan 90/2003 2x CD Album/Slip Case USD $13.21 Buy It Now 17 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette Tape USD $5.49 Buy It Now 19 days
Todd Rundgren/Nearly Human/1989 Warner Bros CD Album/Utopia USD $10.56 Buy It Now 19 days
Todd Rundgren "Nearly Human" 1989 LP,NM-!, SIGNED By Vince Welnick,Grateful Dead USD $74.96 Buy It Now 19 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Cassette Tape USD $2.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Todd Rundgren Rare Signed Vinyl LP Record Nearly Human Utopia Classic Rock + COA USD $99.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Nearly Human by Todd Rundgren (CD, 1989, Warner Brothers) USD $16.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human Cassette BRAND NEW USD $3.61 Buy It Now 24 days
Nearly Human USD $14.85 Buy It Now 24 days
TODD RUNDGREN - Nearly Human - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $36.75 Buy It Now 24 days
TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human Warner Bros. Records Unloved Children 1989 CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Todd Rundgren/Nearly Human (Warner Bros.925 881-2) CD Album USD $17.03 Buy It Now 28 days
LASERDISC Todd Rundgren Nearly Human WPLP9041 WARNER PIONEER Japan OBI USD $17.99 Buy It Now 28 days
TODD RUNDGREN - NEARLY HUMAN LP NR MINT VINYL 1989 Original Album + Inner USD $15.85 Buy It Now 28 days
Todd Rundgren ?- Nearly Human 075992588126 EU CD A-28440 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 28 days
G2-96 TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human ... 1989 ... 1-25881 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 28 days
Todd Rundgren - Nearly Human - Cassette - Still Sealed USD $6.85 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TODD RUNDGREN music online Buy TODD RUNDGREN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human ratings distribution

TODD RUNDGREN Nearly Human reviews

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars Todd returns to form! This is the best Todd album since Hermit at least (dare I go so far as to claim it is the best since Todd?) Anyhow this is a gem that deserves far more credit than it gets, since Todd didn't get around to making this one until he had largely become irrelevant.

There are so many memorable songs on this one. For the Want of a Nail shows Todd's ability to take a trite idea and make it into a great song. Parallel Lines, Feel It, and Hawking are all lusciously produced thoughtful songs, while Unloved Children and Can't Stop Running show what Todd can do with rockers. I Love My Life takes a weird but interesting trip into black gospel. The Waiting Game is too light and fluffy for me, and the other two tracks are forgettable.

Nonetheless this is an excellent album and it was a welcome end to the '80's, which was a rather dismal decade for Todd's production.

4 stars. The album has some flaws but it holds up against time really well and has to rank as one of Todd's best releases.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is my twelfth review of a Todd album so far. Of which only three reached the three star level. I guess that I'm not a Todd maniac?

?only a music lover with some prog tendencies (but not only). At this stage of his career, I believe that Todd would sit better in the prog related area than X-over. And even so, I could hardly find deep relation with prog all along his work (so far).

Only the trilogy "Wizard ? Todd - Initiation" corresponds to this criteria.

Most of the songs featured on this album are syrupy American rock ballads ("The Waiting Game", "Parallel Lines", and "Fidelity" etc.) or basic rock songs with little appeal ("Two Little Hitlers", "Can't Stop Running" etc.).

Actually, each new song is just some repetition of its predecessor in the according style. Oh yes! I forgot some funky-soul-Motown like track as well like "Feel It". Sorry, but I don't feel anything to tell the truth?

The upbeat and rocking "I Love My Life" could have pleasant but it is too long and repetitive (just under nine minutes). It almost sounds as a live in the studio track the "soul" feel is too much stressed to make it enjoyable.

I have used my own developed device (the prog-meter) to determine the level of progressive music held in the albums I review; and the meter showed here is a one point on a level of ten possible.

Two stars (on the positive edge).

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars As much as I respect Todd Rundgren as a multi-instrumentalist, I enjoy the albums where he actually has a band more than say, the TR-i recordings. And here, he is saved by having some great backup musicians (including Randy "Dog" Jackson, who now is known more for hosting a dismal become-a-pop-singer-the-easy- way game show).

The songs are typical Todd, clever lyrics, pleasant ballads, and a few hard hitting numbers. What's missing is the great heavy guitar extravaganza that he used to try to include (Black Maria from "Something/Anything" would be my favorite of these). The best songs are Elvis Costello's Two Little Hitlers, and the bluesy Unloved Children.

There's no prog on the album, mostly it's Philadelphia Arena Soul.

3 stars.

Post a review of TODD RUNDGREN "Nearly Human"