THE BUNNY BOY

RIO/Avant-Prog

The Residents The Bunny Boy album cover

Buy THE RESIDENTS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Boxes of Armageddon (2:09)
2. Rabbit Habit (2:12)
3. I'm Not Crazy (2:36)
4. Pictures from a Little Girl (2:27)
5. What If It's True? (2:30)
6. Fever Dreams (1:35)
7. Butcher Shop (2:32)
8. I Like Black (2:21)
9. Secret Room (3:17)
10. My Nigerian Friend (1:57)
11. It Was Me (1:57)
12. Golden Guy (2:20)
13. The Bunny Boy (2:22)
14. Blood on the Bunny (2:11)
15. I Killed Him (2:13)
16. The Dark Man (2:31)
17. Secret Message (2:36)
18. Patmos (2:28)
19. The Black Behind (4:42)

Search THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy lyrics

Search THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy tabs

- The Residents

with guests:

- Carla Fabrizio
- Nolan Cook
- Joshua Raoul Brody

(p) & (c) 2008 Cryptic Corporation (under exclusive license to Mute Records Limited)

Thanks to Trouserpress for the addition

THE RESIDENTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy Music

The 12 Days Of BrumaliaThe 12 Days Of Brumalia
CRYPTIC CORP 2014
Whatever Happened To Vileness Fats?Whatever Happened To Vileness Fats?
CRYPTIC CORP 2014
Santa Dog Records 2008
Demons Dance AloneDemons Dance Alone
East Side Digital 2002
Audio CD$27.43 (used)
THE SKIDS-ORIGINAL 2 PAGE INTERVIEW-1979-THE RESIDENTS-Brendan McCarthy-VGC US $3.90 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS 'GEORGE & JAMES (AMERICAN COMPOSER SERIES VOLUME 1' US IMPORT LP US $21.57 Buy It Now 2h 44m
RARE RESIDENTS EYEBALL METAL ENAMEL BADGE official product no longer available US $14.12 [1 bids]
The Residents CD lot tweedles+ freakshow books indie outsider music US $9.99 [1 bids]
CHARLES BOBUCK of THE RESIDENTS New 2014 Solo CODGERS ON THE MOON CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
The Residents - Tweedles (NEW CD) US $15.35 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Snakefinger, The Residents, Kill the Great Raven US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Residents CD Meet The ... like new US $6.99 [0 bids]
RESIDENTS**THIRD REICH AND ROLL (HARDBACK CASE)**CD US $9.91 Buy It Now 9h 44m
THE RESIDENTS The Mole Show Live At The Roxy LP NEW STILL SEALED 1983 US $24.99 [0 bids]
DEAD RESIDENTS - Triple Crown - CD US $19.51 Buy It Now 11h 15m
RESIDENTS, The - Open House - CD US $37.93 Buy It Now 11h 45m
THE RESIDENTS Louisiana's Lick PROMO CD Compilation Unplayed! ESD Unwaxed5 US $16.99 [1 bids]
Residents - American Composer Series Vol.1: George & James 1984 Ralph orig LP US $18.99 Buy It Now 14h 30m
Residents - Tunes of Two Cities 1982 Ralph original. vg+ LP Snakefinger US $18.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Residents - Stars and Hank Forever Music of H. Williams and Sousa Ralph orig LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 14h 32m
(CA116) Dead Residents, Triple Crown - 2008 DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Top Dogs - Funny Farm Residents ( Lp - New Wave - Electro ) US $28.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Ralph Records 7 " Comp The Residents Snakefinger Yello Fred Frith 1980 Punk US $10.00 [0 bids]
SNAKEFINGER 45rpm KILL THE GREAT RAVEN WHAT WILBUR The Residents Vinyl Record GC US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Residents Mark Of The Mole Autographed LP US $32.00 [8 bids]
RESIDENTS-MARK OF THE MOLE-JAPAN MINI LP CD F25 US $28.50 Buy It Now 23h 36m
(K761) Sympton, Temporary Alien Residents - DJ CD US $7.89 Buy It Now 23h 37m
The Residents 13th Anniversary Tour Snakefinger USA 2 Cassette Set Ralph 1986 US $175.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents - Not Available 1974 Ralph 1978 original LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"7"-The Residents-Duck Stab '77 industrial dark prog punk US $19.99 [0 bids]
Residents, The - Intermission US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents, The - Meet The Residents US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS DAYDREAM B LIVER CD 1991 RARE 13 TRK COMPILATION SNAKEFINGER OOP US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents, The - Meet The Residents US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS Meet The Residents CRYPTIC RECORDS Sealed Vinyl LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - Not Available on Ralph Records RR 1174 US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS**THE VOICE OF MIDNIGHT**CD US $8.91 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS**THIRD REICH N ROLL (LIMITED RED VINYL/MUSIC ON VINYL/180G)**VINYL US $34.91 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents Radio Special - Rare cassette - 1983 US $49.95 [0 bids]
Argent Encore 2 record set live htf Zombies Very Nice USA Residents Only! US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul Simon One Trick Pony Go Outside & smoke a Jay USA Residents Only! US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Komotion International Vol. 5 Cassette Tape Idiot Flesh Green Day Residents OOP US $100.00 [0 bids]
Giant Ant Farm Fortune! Mint Sealed CD Idiot Flesh Vaccination Residents Primus US $65.00 [0 bids]
A Compendium Preview Guide to Eyesore The Residents Idiot Flesh 7" Black Vinyl US $25.00 [0 bids]
Residents-God in Three Persons US orig' SEALED CLEAR vinyl LP 1988 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents - Residue Of The Residents [Vinyl New] US $28.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents, The - Fingerprince US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS Statisfaction / Loser Weed YELLOW Wax W/PS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS 'Mush-Room' Vinyl LP + Download NEW & SEALED US $28.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS 'Duck Stab' Reissue Vinyl LP + Free MP3 Download NEW US $28.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS 'The Third Reich Rock 'N Roll' Vinyl LP + Download NEW US $28.05 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS: God In 3 Persons (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS "Duck Stab/Buster & Glen" LP 1978 Ralph VG+ RARE experimental US $9.95 [1 bids]
The Residents - Part Four of the Mole Trilogy - CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - Part Four of the Mole Trilogy (RZ-8552) US $18.95 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS Satisfaction 45 PS yellow wax RALPH RECORDS US $8.00 [0 bids]
RESIDENTS/safety is a cootie wootie/ 1984 45 US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FRESHLY WRAPPED CANDIES I LIKE YOU LP avant garde king crimson residents oop US $6.99 [0 bids]
RESIDENTS**DUCK STAB**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Panter Pray For Smurph LP Japan w/obi & insert nm w/2stickers '83 residents US $299.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - Nibbles - LP - 1979 UK - Virgin - VR3 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - Fingerprince - LP - 1979 US - Ralph - RR1276 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Whatever Happened To Vileness Fats / Census Taker - Residents SEALED US $10.84 [0 bids]
Residents The Third Reich 'N' Roll Reissue Limited Numbered Red VINYL 180 GR NEW US $29.99 [0 bids]
Residents - Duck Stab [CD New] US $19.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Voice Of Midnight [CD New] US $15.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Eskimo [CD New] US $19.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Animal Lover [CD New] US $19.03 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS-INTERMISSION-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK BONUS TRACK E00 US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS NIGHT OUT various LP 14 track featuring phil and pippa lyons, the hamp US $49.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents Stranger Than Supper CD 1990 This Is A Man`s World US $24.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE RESIDENTS-THE THIRD REICH 'N' ROLL-ultra-rare CENSORED copy-NEW/SEALED LP!!! US $157.98 [0 bids]
Residents - Coochie Brake - Ralph/MVD - New US $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE RESIDENTS Hit The Road Jack & Excerpt From "For Elsie" 1987 pic disc 7" NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Fripp, 1/2 Japanese, The Residents, more 'Miniatures'LP US $49.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve hackett ex-Genesis Defector Prog Rock HTF Residents only Please!!!! US $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS - DUCK STAB NEW VINYL US $27.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents Potatoes V1 Collection of Folk Songs Ralph RecordsáLP + 7" US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS - Eskimo LP + mp3 New SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RADIO FREE Cult Cuts CD RYKO/BMG Devo FRANK ZAPPA Residents YOKO ONO US $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS: The Census Taker Soundtrack LP Indie Experimental in Shrink NM/VG+ US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Roadworms: The Berlin Sessions by The Residents (CD, Sep-2000, Only 1 Disc US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents God in 3 Persons "Double Shot" Mini CD Sealed US $9.00 [0 bids]
Residents - Third Reich N Roll CD SEALED MINT PRISTINE! NOS US $14.95 [0 bids]
The Residents - God in Three Persons - RYKO - 2 Vinyl LPs - SEALED US $50.00 [0 bids]
The Residents - Diskomo - 12" 45 RPM ('88 TORSO 40021) US $15.22 [0 bids]
James Taylor Classic One Man Dog nm- USA Residents only Please!!!! US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS - MUSH-ROOM NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Glen Frey No Fun Aloud Nice Eagles USA Residents only Please!!!! US $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Chicago VI 2.00 w/additional purchase USA Residents only Please!!!! US $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
HUGHES & SPIER - Saturday Sessions Residents Series Vol 1 - 12" US $13.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Eskimo - 12" 33RPM Album - 1979 - Ralph Records - 2nd pressing US $25.00 [0 bids]
The Residents-1980 magazine article US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
BLITZOIDS-LOOK UP [Residents meet Henry Cow?] LN vinyl+cover/ltd ed. 500 copies! US $109.98 [0 bids]
PERE UBU Datapanik 5xCD SET 1996 1ST PRESS OOP Chrome Wire Residents CDs Only US $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Residents CD album (CDLP) Meet The Residents Japanese BOM22010 BOMBA 1997 US $95.48 Buy It Now 3 days
The Voice of Midnight by Residents (NEW CD, Nov-2007) US $8.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Our Tired, Our Poor, Our Huddled Masses, The Residents, Good US $26.96 Buy It Now 3 days
The Residents Stranger than Supper CD UWEB first edition rare Ralph snakefinger US $29.99 [0 bids]
FORMS OF INSANITY demo tape rare Akron experimental KBD original residents US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Residents ?- Louisiana's Lick Label: East Side Digital ?- ESD Unwaxed US $39.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Residents - Tunes Of Two Cities/Big Bubble [CD New] US $18.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Residents - Mark Of The Mole/Intermission [CD New] US $19.24 Buy It Now 3 days
RESIDENTS-EYEBALL SHOW-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACKS F25 US $28.50 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE RESIDENTS music online Buy THE RESIDENTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE RESIDENTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy ratings distribution

THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy reviews

Review by The Hemulen
4 stars First of all, I'm not a Residents fanatic. I've only heard a handful of their albums and this is the first I've gotten round to buying on CD. If you're in a similar situation and have been flirting with the idea of getting this album. then my advice to you is simple: Get it. Right now. There has never been a better chance in recent years of getting into this band and their all-encompassing approach to music-making.

I'll try to limit most of this review to discussing the music presented on this album itself, but I must make a brief mention of its wider context. The Bunny Boy is far from just a collection of new Residents songs. It's an unashamed concept album with a lengthy (and still ongoing, as I write this) online video series revolving around the titular and enigmatic character and his search for his brother, who has mysteriously disappeared. The story is bleak, funny, heart-wrenching and puzzling in roughly equal measure, and there is really little point in listening to this album without also investing some time in watching the videos in order to better understand the lyrical content of the songs.

So musically, how does this album compare to the likes of Duck Stab, Eskimo, The Commercial Album, etc.? In my opinion, really rather well. It kicks off with a handful of tunes that demonstrate exactly where the band has come from and where they're heading - twisted little pop tunes (yes, this is without question a "poppy" album at times - those after sumptuous prog epics and self-indulgent, twiddly solos are strongly advised to look elsewhere), saturated with eerie keyboards, pulsing electronic beats, sinister vocals and stark, atmospheric guitars.

As with all good pop tunes, they're maddeningly catchy. Spin this album a couple of times and you'll be lucky to have more than a few minutes a day without one of these songs whirling round your head, providing an unsettling soundtrack to your every mundane action.

"Boxes of Armageddon" gets things off to almost too good a start - an infectious tune, wonderfully arranged with menacing horns and a sustained, guitar-growl - it sets such a high benchmark that on my first few listens I felt the remainder of the album simply never matched it. I've since revised this opinion, but it remains a superb opening track and it's still pretty hard to beat.

Every track from "Rabbit Habit" through to "Fever Dreams" works like a charm and will delight casual and obsessive Residents fans alike. A special mention must go, at this point, to "Pictures From a Little Girl" which boasts some of the Residents most blatant lyrics to date, neatly exposing the album's themes like some sort of psychotic checklist: Fear, terror, panic and doom.

Following this initial run of outstanding tracks, the album settles into a far more ambient sort of groove. The instrumental "I Like Black" is solid and just as infectious as the songs that precede it, but amidst an album of ideas, theatricality and puzzles the very fact that it's instrumental makes it seem rather like an unfinished song - lacking the vocals that would anchor it to the rest of the album.

The remainder of the album is as stuffed with wonderful tunes as the opening songs (too many to go through in detail, alas) but it's all of an increasingly downbeat nature. Especially when listened to with the benefit of knowing the story (through the videos and/or tour), it's hard not to be a little moved by some of the songs featured here, which is surprising, to me at least. I've often been amused and shocked by the Residents, but to be genuinely touched by them is a new, intriguing and surprisingly welcome experience.

All in all, this is a very, very good album, and were it hailing from an unknown band with only an EP or two under their belts this would undoubtedly be a glowing five-star review. As it stands, this CD (divorced from the other elements of the project), isn't so musically innovative, by The Residents' standards at least.

This album, and all that goes with it, has gotten me far more interested and excited in The Residents as they are now than any of their previous recent efforts ever could. Despite their bewildering back-catalogue, there's never been a better time to get into this band.

Send comments to The Hemulen (BETA) | Report this review (#207443) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 16, 2009

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars In 2008 I finally rediscovered the Residents for myself! Up to that point I had heard a few of their albums but now that the band has really grown on me, so I decided to check out their latest release!

Since I've heard most of their 70's output and just a couple of the 80's and onward releases the sound was at first pretty shocking. Still I found that this release had a true the Residents-quality to it since I fell in love with it after just a few spins. The tracks maintain a short format of 2,5 minutes which at first might seem to be a return to the familiar grounds of the 1980's Commercial Album, but this material is far more twisted and intense than the relatively short and sweet performances from those days. If anything, this can be considered a return to the material featured on Animal Lover or even God In Three Persons!

Although my first reactions settled a bit after repeated listens, The Bunny Boy is still an amazing album that I would recommend to anyone with a twisted sense of humor! The follow-up tour that I attended here in Stockholm, Sweden was beyond words and really elevated the album's story arc to a whole new level of enjoyment!

***** star songs: Boxes Of Armageddon (2:12) What If It's True? (2:32) Fever Dreams (1:37) I Like Black (2:23) Secret Room (3:19) My Nigerian Friend (1:59) I Killed Him (2:15)

**** star songs: Rabbit Habit (2:14) I'm Not Crazy (2:38) Pictures From A Little Girl (2:29) Butcher Shop (2:34) It Was Me (1:59) Golden Guy (2:22) The Bunny Boy (2:24) Blood On The Bunny (2:13) The Dark Man (2:34) Secret Message (2:38) Patmos (2:30) The Black Behind (4:44)

Total rating: 4,34

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#256064) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 14, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "The Bunny Boy" is a bunch of downbeat songs about life and dying and whatever else springs into the minds of these nutters. The accompanying internet interaction and DVD would be helpful to comprehend what this is all about but it is hard to locate these days so we are stuck with just the audio and it is baffling but bedazzling at the same time. The story involves the search for a brother who has mysteriously disappeared. The Residents are always going to surprise with their unique brand of music. This album certainly has its fair share of bizarre moments but is a much more polished production with some music that actually is well played, not sounding like a kid banging on a xylophone or out of tune guitars competing with dissonant synths, and nasally Louisianan twang in the singing and a ton of repetitive chanting. This is perhaps a more accessible album as those are the normal attributes of a Resident's project and they are for the most part absent here. It opens with

Boxes of Armageddon that draws us into the enigmatic atmosphere of bleak ravings set to music. I'm Not Crazy is ironic as I always thought they were, and Pictures From a Little Girl has a little girl with a disturbing demeanour.

The Yankee twang is here on songs like Secret Room but the music is not soaked in doomy synths. The lyrics are nonsense as usual and there is an odd array of instrumentation but it kind of shimmers and sparkles rather than sounding bleak such as on My Nigerian Friend. The instrumentals such as I Like Black are quite endearing. The lead guitar at times sounds well played, but its not Snakefinger.

Golden Guy sounds more like vintage Residents with its quirky lyrics with repeated phrases and nasal vox along with eerie sounds emanating. The mention of Elvis cements this sentiment as he has been a target of Residents since the beginning. The Bunny Boy is more gravelly singing over dissonant lead guitar and low synth tones. It develops into a heavier vibe with crashing drums and distorted guitars and then a pitchy reverberated voice chanting. The time sig changes and moves into an atonal anti-music passage.

Blood on the Bunny takes things to a more unsettling level, then I Killed Him comes in with driving guitar screeches and xylophone sounds, tinkering over the unusual vocals. The story is developing but its impossible to understand without prior knowledge or the DVD.

The Dark Man sounds like it's been lifted from one of the earlier Residents albums, apart from the clearer production. It's very bleak and repetitive, lots of tinkering, sustained synths, guttural singing and nonsensical narrations. Secret Message has a cool melody, deceptively sweet in nature for a while, then the squiggly sound and vocals enter throwing it off balance. Patmos is monotonous melodies and the album closes with growling sinister vocals on the deliriously nasty Black Behind; "everything is black!" What are they saying? Basically that everything is black; "there is nothing but the black behind, snaking, creeping, hiding in the shadows and waiting for the na´ve, the unaware, the careless and those who aren't scared to be sucked into the black behind." The angelic choir at the end may signify that the boy found his brother in the blackness of death.

Overall a 3 star album that is way more accessible musically than usual, and still highly strange in terms of content and vocals. Not the place to start for this band but nevertheless a decent exploration of searching and the pain of loss.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#1072085) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 04, 2013

4 stars The Bunny Boy project poses an interesting dilemma for the reviewer, even more so than most of the Residents' work. The problem here is that this particular project involves a multi-episode internet drama series, an album of music based around the series, an album of music used in the series, a ... (read more)

Report this review (#263337) | Posted by questionsneverknown | Friday, January 29, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE RESIDENTS "The Bunny Boy"