THE BUNNY BOY

RIO/Avant-Prog

The Residents The Bunny Boy album cover

Buy THE RESIDENTS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Boxes of Armageddon (2:09)
2. Rabbit Habit (2:12)
3. I'm Not Crazy (2:36)
4. Pictures from a Little Girl (2:27)
5. What If It's True? (2:30)
6. Fever Dreams (1:35)
7. Butcher Shop (2:32)
8. I Like Black (2:21)
9. Secret Room (3:17)
10. My Nigerian Friend (1:57)
11. It Was Me (1:57)
12. Golden Guy (2:20)
13. The Bunny Boy (2:22)
14. Blood on the Bunny (2:11)
15. I Killed Him (2:13)
16. The Dark Man (2:31)
17. Secret Message (2:36)
18. Patmos (2:28)
19. The Black Behind (4:42)

Search THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy lyrics

Search THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy tabs

- The Residents

with guests:

- Carla Fabrizio
- Nolan Cook
- Joshua Raoul Brody

(p) & (c) 2008 Cryptic Corporation (under exclusive license to Mute Records Limited)

Thanks to Trouserpress for the addition

THE RESIDENTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy Music

Duck StabDuck Stab
CRYPTIC CORP 2012
Vinyl$12.50
Mush-Room * by The Residents (CD, Nov-2013, MVD Audio) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Potatoes-Residents-Negativeland-Folk Songs-1987-Ralph-White Vinyl-Bonus 7" Vinyl US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Ralph Records Presents Frank Johnson's Favorites VinyláLP Residents Promo US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Subterranean ModernáLP ResidentsáRalph Records SM 7908 MX-80 Tuxedomoon US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Residents - Eskimo - 12" 33RPM Album - 1979 - Ralph Records - 2nd pressing US $25.00 [0 bids]
3h
Residents / Nibbles 1978 15 trkáLPáVirgin Records VR3áUK Ralph US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
The Residents - Mush-Room (2013) US $17.40 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE RESIDENTS 'The Third Reich Rock 'N' Roll' Vinyl LP + Free MP3 Download NEW US $28.06 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Residents - Bunny Boy CD US $13.80 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Residents - Lonely Teenager CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Residents - Ughs! CD US $13.65 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Residents - Coochie Brake CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 8h
THE RESIDENTS "GEORGE & JAMES" AMERICAN COMPOSER SERIES VOL. 1 LP GERSHWIN BROWN US $13.43 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Residents Eskimo Original WHITE Vinyl 1979 Prog / Psych LP NM US $44.99 Buy It Now 11h 16m
THE RESIDENTS The Tunes of Two Cities ORIG '82 RALPH US LP RARE BEAUTIFUL COPY US $40.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
RESIDENTS commercial single 7" 6 track featuring amber, red rider, picnic boy, w US $37.73 Buy It Now 14h 41m
RESIDENTS**ESKIMO (GATEFOLD/180 GRAM/REMASTERED)**VINYL US $31.50 Buy It Now 15h 33m
RESIDENTS**THIRD REICH N ROLL (LIMITED RED VINYL/MUSIC ON VINYL/180G)**VINYL US $37.50 Buy It Now 15h 33m
Mush-room, Residents, New US $21.94 Buy It Now 15h 58m
RESIDENTS: The Census Taker (soundtrack) LP Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 19h 46m
DJ Morpheus - I Can't Live Without My Radio W RESIDENTS NEUBAUTEN ETC CD US $10.02 Buy It Now 19h 56m
MEET THE RESIDENTS | LP | Original Mono 1st Press | *HEAR* | Ralph Records 1974 US $190.50 [10 bids]
THE RESIDENTS | Santa Dog '78 | 7" | Ralph Records | *HEAR* | 1978 | VG++ | PUNK US $10.49 [2 bids]
V/A POTATOES LP RESIDENTS SNAKEFINGER MARK MOTHERSBAUGH NEGATIVELAND US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS "Commercial Album" LP 1980 Ralph Records ? RZ-8052-L 1st Pressing US $39.95 Buy It Now 22h 24m
THE RESIDENTS - Lonely Teenager - CD - Studio Album US $10.11 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents Kaw-Liga 7" Vinyl 1986 Vintage Ralph Record Experimental Music WOW US $5.99 [0 bids]
Residents Census Taker Soundtrack US LP PROMO SEALED NEW Garrett Morris US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Meet the Residents Special 13th Anniversary Edition Picture Disc LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
C.B.Y.A. - RESIDENTS OF JUPITER [PA] - NEW CD US $12.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents Kaw-Liga Housey Mix 3 remixes German CD Single US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents Animal Lover 15 song Promo CD Cryptic Corp 1499 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents Freak Show Original Cryptic Corporation CD OP 1.2 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents Big Bubble Promo LP Black Vinyl Gatefold Ralph RZ8552 US US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEBADOH :: Princess / 1/2 undressed + 3 : 7" OOP Sub Pop Dinosaur Jr Residents US $10.00 [0 bids]
CD The Residents Hunters Music from The Discovery Channel TV Series US $5.00 [0 bids]
RECOMMENDED RECORDS SAMPLER Art Bears; RESIDENTS; Faust US $99.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS The King & Eye 1989 US ORG Promo Only LP ELVIS US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS "Duck Stab" RED VINYL 1st Press RALPH RZ-87521A VG+. Cond. US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - The Voice Of Midnight - Rare Promo CD! US $5.35 [3 bids]
RESIDENTS - THE UGHS! - NEW CD US $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS - THE THIRD REICH 'N ROLL [THE RESIDENTS] - NEW CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS - LONELY TEENAGER - NEW CD US $9.38 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS-BIG BUBBLE-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK BONUS TRACK F25 US $28.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS - TEN LITTLE PIGGIES - NEW CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Mark Of The Mole/Intermission - 2 DISC SET - Residents (2005, CD New) US $14.08 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents ?- Petting Zoo- Icky Flix -THE ESD Collection CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents - The King & Eye - 1989 NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE RESIDENTS - Single-Sided 45 - From the Plains to Mexico - Italian Import US $9.99 [1 bids]
RESIDENTS - MARK OF THE MOLE / INTERMISSION (REISSUE) NEW CD US $26.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Meet The RESIDENTS 13th ANV Edition Picture Disc VINYL Record - BEATLES Bashing US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents Residue of... 2x Vinyl LP Record comp of 45 7" singles US $33.69 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents Santa Dog 2x 7" Vinyl Record first release! non lp album songs NEW US $21.69 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents Meet the Residents Japanese Import CD US $10.00 [0 bids]
CD: The RESIDENTS "The Voice of Midnight" 2007 Mute Import ; Cryptic Corporation US $12.32 Buy It Now 1 day
RESIDENTS - DUCK STAB NEW VINYL US $27.36 Buy It Now 1 day
The Residents WB:RMX CD Euro Ralph Version - a Little Strange, read description US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS Stars & Hank Forever AMERICAN COMPOSER VOL.II US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents 70s ROCK 45 Safety is a Cootie Wootie / This is a Mans Mans Mans World US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Residents-Whatever Happened to Vileness Fats? US orig' SEALED Ralph LP 1984 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Square 9: Tsunami Majora RARE ltd. handmade cover Sun City Girls / Residents NM- US $40.00 [0 bids]
The Residents - Diskomo - 12" 45 RPM ('88 TORSO 40021) US $15.22 [0 bids]
Eskimo [Slipcase] by The Residents (CD, May-2008, Mute) US $17.01 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS - MARK OF THE MOLE/INTERMISSION - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.45 Buy It Now 2 days
MICHAEL WOODS - MOS CLUB RESIDENTS - NEW CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS-THE TUNES OF TWO CITIES - RARE AUSTRIA IMPORT US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents "Intermission" Rare LP In The Shrink US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Mark Of The Mole/Intermission [CD New] US $18.42 Buy It Now 2 days
SOUNDS CHARISMA MASTERPIECES GENESIS / RESIDENTS /ISAACS LP *MINT VINYL NMSLEEVE US $13.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Fingerprince (Tourniquet of Roses) The Residents CD US $8.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Fingerpince - Cryptic/MVD/Ralph - New US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents - Third Reich N Roll - Cryptic/MVD/Ralph - New US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Snakefinger - The Spot - 7" Single (Ralph Records) Residents US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Not Available [Remaster] by The Residents CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents God in Three Persons Rykodisc CD 1988 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents Freak Show CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents: Santa Dog '78 7" Vinyl US $39.99 [0 bids]
River of Crime: Episodes 1-5 by Residents US $29.94 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents "Satisfaction" 1978 Ralph Reissue 7" single/Yellow Vinyl US $6.99 [1 bids]
The Residents INTERMISSION Vinyl EP 1982 US $8.95 [1 bids]
The Residents RESIDUE OF THE RESIDENTS Vinyl LP 1983 US $18.95 [0 bids]
THE RESIDENTS - SANTA DOG '78 7" ORIGINAL US US $9.99 [1 bids]
Residents "Buckaroo Blues" - UWEB 003 -original pressing - RARE (one of 500) US $76.50 [0 bids]
RESIDENTS Third Reich 'n Roll LP + MP3 New SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Residents "Santa Dog '88" CD - UWEB 001 - 1st pressing - numbered US $60.00 [0 bids]
The Residents "Liver Music" - UWEB 004 - rare US $45.00 [0 bids]
The Residents HIT THE ROAD JACK Vinyl LP 1987 US $9.95 [0 bids]
V/A Buy Or Die 14 - The Residents Clubfoot Orchestra Voice Farm 7 Inch Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RESIDENTS DAYDREAM B LIVER CD - UWEB 005 US $42.75 [0 bids]
The Bunny Boy, Residents, Good US $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Residents "Don't Be Cruel" CD maxi-single w/bonus tracks (first pressing) US $13.50 [0 bids]
The Residents "Nibbles" Australian RTC label VG+ US $28.07 Buy It Now 3 days
The Residents - Duck Stab! / Buster & Glen - LP ('78 RR0278) 2nd Pressing US $13.22 [1 bids]
Residents - Eskimo [Vinyl New] US $26.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Meet the Residents The Residents Vinyl LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Eskimo The Residents Vinyl LP US $19.92 Buy It Now 3 days
The Residents live concert at The Forum London 19th July 1999 poster A5 size US $25.08 Buy It Now 3 days
The Residents Not Available lp new vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Residents - The King And I - CD (USA 1989) (Elvis Presley Covers) US $40.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Eskimo The Residents CD US $39.57 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE RESIDENTS music online Buy THE RESIDENTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE RESIDENTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy ratings distribution

THE RESIDENTS The Bunny Boy reviews

Review by The Hemulen
4 stars First of all, I'm not a Residents fanatic. I've only heard a handful of their albums and this is the first I've gotten round to buying on CD. If you're in a similar situation and have been flirting with the idea of getting this album. then my advice to you is simple: Get it. Right now. There has never been a better chance in recent years of getting into this band and their all-encompassing approach to music-making.

I'll try to limit most of this review to discussing the music presented on this album itself, but I must make a brief mention of its wider context. The Bunny Boy is far from just a collection of new Residents songs. It's an unashamed concept album with a lengthy (and still ongoing, as I write this) online video series revolving around the titular and enigmatic character and his search for his brother, who has mysteriously disappeared. The story is bleak, funny, heart-wrenching and puzzling in roughly equal measure, and there is really little point in listening to this album without also investing some time in watching the videos in order to better understand the lyrical content of the songs.

So musically, how does this album compare to the likes of Duck Stab, Eskimo, The Commercial Album, etc.? In my opinion, really rather well. It kicks off with a handful of tunes that demonstrate exactly where the band has come from and where they're heading - twisted little pop tunes (yes, this is without question a "poppy" album at times - those after sumptuous prog epics and self-indulgent, twiddly solos are strongly advised to look elsewhere), saturated with eerie keyboards, pulsing electronic beats, sinister vocals and stark, atmospheric guitars.

As with all good pop tunes, they're maddeningly catchy. Spin this album a couple of times and you'll be lucky to have more than a few minutes a day without one of these songs whirling round your head, providing an unsettling soundtrack to your every mundane action.

"Boxes of Armageddon" gets things off to almost too good a start - an infectious tune, wonderfully arranged with menacing horns and a sustained, guitar-growl - it sets such a high benchmark that on my first few listens I felt the remainder of the album simply never matched it. I've since revised this opinion, but it remains a superb opening track and it's still pretty hard to beat.

Every track from "Rabbit Habit" through to "Fever Dreams" works like a charm and will delight casual and obsessive Residents fans alike. A special mention must go, at this point, to "Pictures From a Little Girl" which boasts some of the Residents most blatant lyrics to date, neatly exposing the album's themes like some sort of psychotic checklist: Fear, terror, panic and doom.

Following this initial run of outstanding tracks, the album settles into a far more ambient sort of groove. The instrumental "I Like Black" is solid and just as infectious as the songs that precede it, but amidst an album of ideas, theatricality and puzzles the very fact that it's instrumental makes it seem rather like an unfinished song - lacking the vocals that would anchor it to the rest of the album.

The remainder of the album is as stuffed with wonderful tunes as the opening songs (too many to go through in detail, alas) but it's all of an increasingly downbeat nature. Especially when listened to with the benefit of knowing the story (through the videos and/or tour), it's hard not to be a little moved by some of the songs featured here, which is surprising, to me at least. I've often been amused and shocked by the Residents, but to be genuinely touched by them is a new, intriguing and surprisingly welcome experience.

All in all, this is a very, very good album, and were it hailing from an unknown band with only an EP or two under their belts this would undoubtedly be a glowing five-star review. As it stands, this CD (divorced from the other elements of the project), isn't so musically innovative, by The Residents' standards at least.

This album, and all that goes with it, has gotten me far more interested and excited in The Residents as they are now than any of their previous recent efforts ever could. Despite their bewildering back-catalogue, there's never been a better time to get into this band.

Send comments to The Hemulen (BETA) | Report this review (#207443) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 16, 2009

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars In 2008 I finally rediscovered the Residents for myself! Up to that point I had heard a few of their albums but now that the band has really grown on me, so I decided to check out their latest release!

Since I've heard most of their 70's output and just a couple of the 80's and onward releases the sound was at first pretty shocking. Still I found that this release had a true the Residents-quality to it since I fell in love with it after just a few spins. The tracks maintain a short format of 2,5 minutes which at first might seem to be a return to the familiar grounds of the 1980's Commercial Album, but this material is far more twisted and intense than the relatively short and sweet performances from those days. If anything, this can be considered a return to the material featured on Animal Lover or even God In Three Persons!

Although my first reactions settled a bit after repeated listens, The Bunny Boy is still an amazing album that I would recommend to anyone with a twisted sense of humor! The follow-up tour that I attended here in Stockholm, Sweden was beyond words and really elevated the album's story arc to a whole new level of enjoyment!

***** star songs: Boxes Of Armageddon (2:12) What If It's True? (2:32) Fever Dreams (1:37) I Like Black (2:23) Secret Room (3:19) My Nigerian Friend (1:59) I Killed Him (2:15)

**** star songs: Rabbit Habit (2:14) I'm Not Crazy (2:38) Pictures From A Little Girl (2:29) Butcher Shop (2:34) It Was Me (1:59) Golden Guy (2:22) The Bunny Boy (2:24) Blood On The Bunny (2:13) The Dark Man (2:34) Secret Message (2:38) Patmos (2:30) The Black Behind (4:44)

Total rating: 4,34

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#256064) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 14, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "The Bunny Boy" is a bunch of downbeat songs about life and dying and whatever else springs into the minds of these nutters. The accompanying internet interaction and DVD would be helpful to comprehend what this is all about but it is hard to locate these days so we are stuck with just the audio and it is baffling but bedazzling at the same time. The story involves the search for a brother who has mysteriously disappeared. The Residents are always going to surprise with their unique brand of music. This album certainly has its fair share of bizarre moments but is a much more polished production with some music that actually is well played, not sounding like a kid banging on a xylophone or out of tune guitars competing with dissonant synths, and nasally Louisianan twang in the singing and a ton of repetitive chanting. This is perhaps a more accessible album as those are the normal attributes of a Resident's project and they are for the most part absent here. It opens with

Boxes of Armageddon that draws us into the enigmatic atmosphere of bleak ravings set to music. I'm Not Crazy is ironic as I always thought they were, and Pictures From a Little Girl has a little girl with a disturbing demeanour.

The Yankee twang is here on songs like Secret Room but the music is not soaked in doomy synths. The lyrics are nonsense as usual and there is an odd array of instrumentation but it kind of shimmers and sparkles rather than sounding bleak such as on My Nigerian Friend. The instrumentals such as I Like Black are quite endearing. The lead guitar at times sounds well played, but its not Snakefinger.

Golden Guy sounds more like vintage Residents with its quirky lyrics with repeated phrases and nasal vox along with eerie sounds emanating. The mention of Elvis cements this sentiment as he has been a target of Residents since the beginning. The Bunny Boy is more gravelly singing over dissonant lead guitar and low synth tones. It develops into a heavier vibe with crashing drums and distorted guitars and then a pitchy reverberated voice chanting. The time sig changes and moves into an atonal anti-music passage.

Blood on the Bunny takes things to a more unsettling level, then I Killed Him comes in with driving guitar screeches and xylophone sounds, tinkering over the unusual vocals. The story is developing but its impossible to understand without prior knowledge or the DVD.

The Dark Man sounds like it's been lifted from one of the earlier Residents albums, apart from the clearer production. It's very bleak and repetitive, lots of tinkering, sustained synths, guttural singing and nonsensical narrations. Secret Message has a cool melody, deceptively sweet in nature for a while, then the squiggly sound and vocals enter throwing it off balance. Patmos is monotonous melodies and the album closes with growling sinister vocals on the deliriously nasty Black Behind; "everything is black!" What are they saying? Basically that everything is black; "there is nothing but the black behind, snaking, creeping, hiding in the shadows and waiting for the na´ve, the unaware, the careless and those who aren't scared to be sucked into the black behind." The angelic choir at the end may signify that the boy found his brother in the blackness of death.

Overall a 3 star album that is way more accessible musically than usual, and still highly strange in terms of content and vocals. Not the place to start for this band but nevertheless a decent exploration of searching and the pain of loss.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#1072085) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 04, 2013

4 stars The Bunny Boy project poses an interesting dilemma for the reviewer, even more so than most of the Residents' work. The problem here is that this particular project involves a multi-episode internet drama series, an album of music based around the series, an album of music used in the series, a ... (read more)

Report this review (#263337) | Posted by questionsneverknown | Friday, January 29, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE RESIDENTS "The Bunny Boy"